Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

HI!!!!

kompyuter thread po, if ever anybody needs advice, questions, troubleshooting or anything computer related *:P

:wizard:

good evening,

256mb ddr ang memory ng pc ko, pwede ko bang dagdagan?

may dalawa pa kasing slot.

Puwede ka pang magdagdag ng memory kasi may two free slots pa. Dapat mo consider ay yung rating ng memory mo, example if your 256MB DDR is rated as a PC266 as much as possible the memory that you'll add must be also rated as PC266 to make it compatible with the existing memory installed.

Well, looks like I'm back in the Computer thread with the same problem I had a few months ago. With a twist.  :blink:

I recently installed Windows Server 2003 in the machine I have directly connected to the internet. I used to have Windows XP in it and the rest of my computers have XP as well. I can ping and I can access the internet. However, I can't detect the server from the other machines and the server can't detect the workgroup in spite of all of them being in the same workgroup. I have file sharing turned on in each machine. I even have the same login for each computer and only the XP machines can see each other. The login name I use has administrator priveleges. Can anyone help me?  :(

Could you further explain the problem? When you said you can't detect the server, do you mean via ping or via the windows explorer? If it is via windows explorer, try to do a ping first, if you are able to ping the server try find computer and instead of the computer name type in the ip address of the server. If this works please check you network settings for the netbios protocol. If you can ping the server but can't find it in the "find computer" try to check the network adapter settings for packet filtering settings.

Hope this helps dude B)

Well, I can use the server for internet connection sharing, and I can ping back and forth beteween the server and the other computers. Searching from the workstations allows the server to be found but not accessed. Searching from the server doesn't produce any results. Netbios is enabled and there is no firewall for the network. I don't get it... :cry:

hI!

1 may legal considerations ba involved in case GMa reconsiders 2004.

2 may prohibitions ba for those candidates with pending cases before any court or administrative body.

1. None. She is allowed to run again even though she assumed the presidency. Since Erap served the minimum term in terms of successsion, GMA is not prevented from running in 2004.

2. None, more so for adminitrative cases. In order to bar any candicacy, a CRIMINAL case must have a final conviction. (no more appeals)

hi butsoy, am new to this website and i felt na makapagtanong na din if this is really an advice forum. My friend is having difficulties getting her diploma in a university. Reason is that her scholarship program from CHED did not pay 100% of the tuition fees starting 3rd year. So it means that my friend now has liabilities in school (monetary). My friend is willing to pay these liabilities however, there seems to be a new problem. Some official receipts (payment transactions are between the school and CHED, my friend does not have any copy of the O.R.) are now missing according to the school. They have been witholding the diploma since last year and my friend feels that it is now the fault of the university.

What if they still don't release the document? any actions that can be done?

regards

mimic

butsoy, bawal ba ang magdala ng baril sa kotse mo??? ano requirements if ever???

It really depends. If you have the necessary license and permit to own, handle a firearm, why not, take it with you. But if you are in possession of a firearm without the necessary permit and license, you might be charge of illegal possession of firearm.

xfactor, basically you need to have a License to Possess and a Permit to Carry in order for you to bring your firearm. If my memory serves me right the following are the requirements to get a permit:

a. Proof of ownership

b. Official receipt where the firearm was purchased

c. You should go thru a "Gun Safety" Seminar in any accredited gun clubs

d. Drug Test

e. Psychological Test

f. Fill up an application form

g. I think, you should be a member of an accredited gun club

I hope I was able to address your concern.

matlock,

Your nic shows your age. I used to watch that show too. :D

Roubaix, I hope to get to meet you soon. I love the show matlock, being an investigative lawyer.

Pero ngayon, what I want to watch na is "The Practice". Sorry, I dont watch Ally McBeal.

I hope I can be of service to minor queries. Thanks.

It really depends. If you have the necessary license and permit to own, handle a firearm, why not, take it with you. But if you are in possession of a firearm without the necessary permit and license, you might be charge of illegal possession of firearm.

xfactor, basically you need to have a License to Possess and a Permit to Carry in order for you to bring your firearm. If my memory serves me right the following are the requirements to get a permit:

a. Proof of ownership

d. Drug Test

e. Psychological Test

thank you very much atty. matlock!!!

sa uulitin!!! :D

It really depends.  If you have the necessary license and permit to own, handle a firearm, why not, take it with you.  But if you are in possession of a firearm without the necessary permit and license, you might be charge of illegal possession of firearm.

xfactor, basically you need to have a License to Possess and a Permit to Carry in order for you to bring your firearm.  If my memory serves me right the following are the requirements to get a permit:

a. Proof of ownership

d. Drug Test

e. Psychological Test

thank you very much atty. matlock!!!

sa uulitin!!! :D

No problem, I happy to be of service.

Ay nakalimutan ko ...^^^^^

I presumed na may kanya kanyang IP address ang mga workstation mo at hindi dependent sa domain controller kaya ka nakaka reciv ng reply sa ping mo din.

Bale sa ilalim ng IP Address at Subnet Mask yun sa properties ng LAN mo po.

hi there ppl!!! am obsessed with the law on adultery and concubinage :blush: nakaka relate kasi ako eh! anyways.. butsoy, ask lang ako... situational na lang ha! ganito yun.

itago nyo na lang ako sa pangalang..... hehehhe cge na nga! my sexmate's wife found out about our affair. d sha galit sa akin (wise woman!) she probably thot it'd be better to get rid of the hubby than to get rid of a different woman everytime. since concubinage won't hold water, wat can she do? ayoko naman nung adultery kc shemrpe, damay beauty ko. how can i help her, apart from breaking it off with her hubby which i've already done?

another thing. bakit walang criminal liability yung married man who bangs every single woman he comes in contact with, eh violation din naman yun of the marital vows ek ek? esp pag nabubuntis nya yung girl. don't u think me void yung law jan and it should be made criminal na? wat r the options available to those wives whose husbands r philanderers?

MS. LYSSAHOT, your keen observations are, sadly, true. Dehado talaga ang mga babae under our laws. 'Yung adultery sa mga babae, one act lang, kahit secret :ninja: , adultery na; sa concubinnage, dapat hindi lang isang act at dapat under scandalous circumstances :boo: . Eh, mas marami kasing mambabatas na lalake. :sick:

Marami namang remedies under the law yung wife. Aside from filing the appropriate criminal cases (syempre, hindi na kasama yung concubinnage), the wife may also file a civil case for annulment of marriage kung 'yung philandering acts were there even before the marriage started. Or she may opt for legal separation, but in this case, she will still be married to the husband, hindi na nga lang sya obliged to live together in one house (parang na-kick-out sa bahay si philandering husband) pero, at least, 'yung support (sustento) para sa wife at kids required pa rin.

In both options, the wife may also ask for the custody of all their children, subject to the visitation rights of the father. Sa hatian ng property, depende sa cause ng paghihiwalay, the guilty husband may get less of the common property, instead of having equal shares. In addition, sabi ng Family Code: "the innocent spouse may revoke the designation of the other spouse who acted in bad faith as beneficiary in any insurance policy, even if such designation be stipulated as irrevocable."

Tsaka marami pa siyang pwedeng gawin... depende kung gaano sya kagalit... :angry: Pwede pa siyang magreklamo through an administrative case against the husband, etc. ...

An angry wife may, indeed, be very dangerous... :evil:

JEDI MASTER BUTSOY, i hope you do not mind na mahaba yung mga posts kong iba... medyo madaldal ako kapag nakasulat...

Bunjee,

Nice reply to the query. Jedi Master Butsoy would be proud. You can now become Senior Jedi Council Member Templar's new padawan.

Ms. Lyssahot,

Am afraid my companyero is correct. Dehado talaga ang mga wifes. But also for the mistress. I had a client who got his mistress pregnant and then came back to his wife. So, the mistress tried to make habol. I told her that she had no legal standing to ask for anything from my client. She can't even force a blood paternity test much more a DNA test. Ruthless as I was, my duty to my client was my priority. So, a kid out there has no more father. :(

I hope that short story does not change your perception of lawyers. At least Cyber-pinoy is good looking. ;)

Just my ten cents worth in defense of the law. The law is not discriminatory sa babae/wife. The rationale why the law is stricter on women in cases of adultery is because of a simple principle. "When the wife says this is my son, it is a statement of fact. When a father says this is my son, its a statement of faith." A father can never be really sure that a child is his. All he has is the statement of the woman that the child is yours. Because of this, the law is stricter on wives. There are other laws where the loser is the man. Example: When a woman is raped, the offender can be sentenced to life or even death (a capital offense). When the man is raped (anal), all he can file is acts of lasciviousness (a misdemeanor lang). :(

hi there ppl!!! am obsessed with the law on adultery and concubinage :blush: nakaka relate kasi ako eh! anyways.. butsoy, ask lang ako... situational na lang ha! ganito yun.

itago nyo na lang ako sa pangalang..... hehehhe cge na nga! my sexmate's wife found out about our affair. d sha galit sa akin (wise woman!) she probably thot it'd be better to get rid of the hubby than to get rid of a different woman everytime. since concubinage won't hold water, wat can she do? ayoko naman nung adultery kc shemrpe, damay beauty ko. how can i help her, apart from breaking it off with her hubby which i've already done?

another thing. bakit walang criminal liability yung married man who bangs every single woman he comes in contact with, eh violation din naman yun of the marital vows ek ek? esp pag nabubuntis nya yung girl. don't u think me void yung law jan and it should be made criminal na? wat r the options available to those wives whose husbands r philanderers?

additional na lang.

good for you to end that affair. dami naman binata dyan. *hint! hint!

di rin pwede adultery kasi di naman ikaw ang wife na nangaliwa. concubinage lang sana pero mahirap i-prove yun, plus ayaw naman magdemanda ng wife, di ba?

mas mahigpit ang law sa WIVES kasi pag sila ang nangaliwa, may danger na mabuntis at mahaluan ng ibang genes ang family. magugulo ang hatian ng mana.

may criminal liability rin naman ang married man who "bangs every woman he comes in contact with," pero mas mahirap i-prove.

goodluck!

B)

Ms lyssahot, the elements of adultery are:

a. That the woman is married

b. That she has sexual intercourse with a man not her husband

c. That as regards the man with whom she has sexual intercourse, he must know her to be married.

Sa Concubinage naman, the elements are:

a. By keeping a mistress in the conjugal dwelling or

b. By having sexual intercourse, under scandalous circumstances, with a woman who is not his wife, or

c. Cohabiting with her in any other place.

Adultery is more severely punished than concubinage. Why? Reason: Because adultery makes possible the introduction of another man' blood in the family so that the offended husband may have another man's son bearing his (husband's) name and receiving support from him.

Hay naku, one simple option that the wife can do is file na lang a case of Unjust Vexation.... hehehehehehehehehe.......

Edited by matlock