Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

A word of advice before posting ... DON'T MAKE YOUR REQUEST SOUND LIKE A DEMAND! We are doing this because we want to help. We are not required, nor are we paid, to do so!!!  :angry:

That aside, the advice about using Adobe Acrobat (not Adobe Reader) is correct. However, if you want a free converter (not a p*d one), you can use Ghostscript, GSView, and RedMon. They're all available here..

You can either:

1. Install all three

or

2. Install just Ghostscript, GSView, and a Postscript printer driver into your PC. Have the printer print to a file. The file (which contains PostScript commands) can then be converted by Ghostscript into a PDF document.

HTH.

He he.. Maybe he got frustrated on how to convert his documents because of his deadlines. :D

I am in need of 70 units of pc budget 13k, 30 days pdc.

specs as follows:

amd duron 800

any brand of motherboard  w/ onboard sound, video, and lan

128 mb sdram,

20 Gb hdd,

fdd,

14" colored monitor (any brand)

fdd,

headset,

keyboard,

mouse,

avr.

anybody interested pm me.

angryblood: Should the casings/monitors need to be identical? 30 day term is quite long. I'll think this over..

Edited by Turol

hey all.

it's been an awfully long time.

so long, in fact, that people can barely remember me i imagine.

in any case, i've been wondering, does anyone have any insight/idea/solution on how to make these printers work for Windows XP Professional? :

- Panasonic KX-P1694

- Panasonic KX-P3696

- OKI MicroLine ML 321

i have actually made them work with Windows applications (eg. MS Office apps), but the i couldn't make them work with MS DOS applications.

thing is, these particular models are excluded from the Microsoft Catalog of "Designed for Windows XP" devices, so i get messages like "Continuing with this installation will cause an error..." when i try to install their drivers for Win95/98/NT/2000.

i'm sure there are ways to get around this, but i haven't found them.

i'm hoping there are folks out there who'd be able to help out.

thanks everyone!

hey all.

in any case, i've been wondering, does anyone have any insight/idea/solution on how to make these printers work for Windows XP Professional? :

- Panasonic KX-P1694

- Panasonic KX-P3696

- OKI MicroLine ML 321

i have actually made them work with Windows applications (eg. MS Office apps), but the i couldn't make them work with MS DOS applications.

thing is, these particular models are excluded from the Microsoft Catalog of "Designed for Windows XP" devices, so i get messages like "Continuing with this installation will cause an error..." when i try to install their drivers for Win95/98/NT/2000.

thanks everyone!

Try to find new drivers for Win XP from the product vendor's site.

Can anyone help me? I've tried to do some research but apparently failed to find answers.

I'm hoping to conduct some business over the Net, selling services to foreign companies and individuals. But I learned from one MTC member that because of the anti-money-laundering law, you can no longer receive payments for services through Western Union and similar foreign remittance services, as these are now limited to remittances from family members. It will now have to be bank-to-bank transactions, which cost a lot if I understand correctly. Is this true? How about swiftpay which issues dollar-denominated checks? Or the other payment facilities over the Net?

I read the "pre-amendments" anti-money-laundering law (2001) at Chan Robles but didn't find any answers there. I hope someone can help by making the pertinent laws just a little clearer. If that's too time-consuming, could you possibly cite some sources or direct me to some resources or Internet sites so I can do the research myself?

Thanks.

Kyro, it seems i had a similar problem before: my old genius scanner (scsi) only had drivers up to win95 (luckily it still worked under win98). the next drivers that came out were designed for the succeeding/newer models of the scanner (the genius website explicitly announced something to that effect) and also for the succeeding win generations.

to solve this problem, i set up a dual-boot system (win98/winXP) on the pc where i stationed the scanner. whenever i need to use the scanner, i simply boot with win98, where i can access it either through win or dos.

i think your solution should also be along these lines.

- OKI MicroLine ML 321

This printer model is supposed to work perfectly in Linux in the IBM emulation mode. Try the following:

1. Configure the printer to IBM emulation mode

2. Install the Windows XP IBM Proprinter driver

It's also supposed to work in Epson emulation mode with the Epson FX drivers. Try it too and see which works better.

You can also try this solution with your other printers. See if they have emulation modes that can be used instead of their native modes.

Edited by trebbie
hey all.

- Panasonic KX-P1694

- Panasonic KX-P3696

- OKI MicroLine ML 321

thanks everyone!

Panasonic KX-P1694 has no driver on windows xp but you can manually select the KX-P1695 model difference is very little so not much issue, it should work and also Panasonic KX-P3696 you can try the Panasonic KX-P3624, still same model range.

:D may alam ba kayo na pang-convert ng .doc to .pdf??

Kung meron kang Adobe Acrobat software dito pwede mong iconvert pero baka malito ka meron kasing freeware na Adobe Acrobat reader ito nagbabasa lang pero di kayang magconvert.

Tignan mo itong site na ito, isang free program na pwedeng magconvert.

http://www.pdf995.com/

The pdf995 suite of products is a complete solution for your document publishing needs, offering ease of use, flexibility in format, and industry-standard security. And all at no cost to you.

Pdf995 is the fast, affordable way to create professional-quality documents in the popular PDF file format. Its easy-to-use interface allows you to create PDF files by simply selecting the "print" command from any application, creating documents which can be viewed on any computer with a PDF viewer. Combined with pdfEdit995 and Signature95. ;)

dudes, ano notebook best suited for military personnel?

Kung gagamitin for military purposes, make sure limited lang ang accessory for security reasons, para litimited ang access sa iyo, at take note sa casing nya, dapat hard bound at mostly aluminum/titanium yung cover hwag plastic. Mas manipis mas magaang mas maganda, kung may budget go for Fujitsu notebook, pero grabe talaga ito mahal...

hmm, how long does an annullment session last? (how many months, years?)

It all depends on how good your lawyer is or how deep your pockets are.

Aiko's went for a year and a half.

But it should normally take a couple of years. It is because it is 2 or 3 months between hearings, if you are lucky.

But it should normally take a couple of years. It is because it is 2 or 3 months between hearings, if you are lucky.

hmm, thanks, man....i read somewhere that if there's no contact for 7 years between spouses (yung di na nagkikita, communicate or something), it's ok to remarry, how true?

hmm, thanks, man....i read somewhere that if there's no contact for 7 years between spouses (yung di na nagkikita, communicate or something), it's ok to remarry, how true?

According to Article 41 of the Family Code, the spouse who is looking for the other spouse must have a well founded belief that the missing spouse is DEAD and has had no sight of that spouse for 4 years.

Before that spouse can remarry, the present spouse must go to court and ask for judicial declaration of presumptive death.

But there must be a sincere effort to look for the missing spouse not just failing to respond to the text messages (joke only).

Thanks Roubaix, you've been very helpful...one last thing, how sincere should 'sincere' be?

evidence will have to be presented as to the efforts actually taken to locate. siguro, physical effort talaga dapat. As in pinuntahan ang last known address, nag-interbyu ng mga kakilala, trace public and private records like credit card usages, utility or phone bills, etc.

B)