The Best Buffets - Taste + Value For Money

Guest batabatuta

potek ..... kung sa howlers may club tours .....sa thread na to may buffet tours......may nagrereview din ng mga food establishments.....tapos pupuntahan ng group with matching kainan ......wow!!! everybody happy mode to' ah :boo:

Nice tips Guys!  Keep it coming.. will definitely try those restos.

Baka tumaba lang ako.. :)

best way to try out a buffet is to try a little bit of everything. start from the mild tasting to the more flavorful ones. take a sip of water to wash your taste buds to really enjoy the next dish. after that you can splurge to your hearts content. time your time to enjoy the food and never to go a buffet with the thought of getting your money's worth in terms of food volume but in terms of taste and value. a 1000 peso buffet is certainly not worth another 1000 peso expenditure in medicine and hospital expenses.

happy eating :D

1. Edsa Shangri-La Midnight buffet every Fridays and Saturdays - masarap siya and value for money, kaya lang di nagbabago ang food, more than a year na yata silang di nagpapalit ng ulam. kasama na ang bottomless iced tea for 445pesos net. by the way, i call the food in the buffet - the heart attack food - why? puro m ang food, mataba, mamantika na mamoy, maka, manok! never silang naglalagay ng vegetable sa buffet maski salad man lang. kung may fish, which is usually bangus belly or danggit - deep fried naman. talagang papatayin kayo sa sarap at literally!

2. Paseo Uno sa Mandarin Hotel - pero nung una lang, ngayon wala na! kasi ang nagluluto ay mga student trainees pa lang, galing yata sa Heny Sison School of Culinary Arts. For the price of the buffet, I would expect that the real chefs or the master chefs would do the cooking, but no - you will see many of them, still very young and kumakapa pa when it comes to gourmet cuisine.

3. FuLin - dati napakasarap ng food sa buffet dito, pilapila talaga, pero wala na yata, it deteriorated to ordinary chinese food.

4. Dads, Saisaki, Kamayan sa Glorietta - Masarap pag maaga kang pumunta pero pag around 8pm ka na pumasok, puro tiratira na, di nagrerefill ng pagkain. Magingat rin kayo sa nagtatadtad ng lechon, baka madulas yung cleaver at kayo ang matadtad. Yung tao dito sa lechon station parang galit na galit sa gustong kumain ng lechon. Gigil na gigil sa pagtadtad ng lechon, durogdurog pag lagay sa plato mo. Siguro murder suspect siya. hahaha!

2. Paseo Uno sa Mandarin Hotel - pero nung una lang, ngayon wala na! kasi ang nagluluto ay mga student trainees pa lang, galing yata sa Heny Sison School of Culinary Arts.  For the price of the buffet, I would expect that the real chefs or the master chefs would do the cooking, but no - you will see many of them, still very young and kumakapa pa when it comes to gourmet cuisine.

i talked to some of them. most cca and csb ojt trainees. this practice saves the hotels lots of money in labor costs. same goes for the front desk and housekeeping staff.

ok, i'm letting the cat out of the bag. i've kept this secret for a while and it's time to share with good friends. if you want good chinese buffet, try tramway tea house at scout alcaraz near banawe. at banawe coming from quezon ave. to del monte, turn left to scout alcaraz (2nd intersection after retiro). weekday lunch buffet at 160 per head and 350 per head (plus crab, shrimps and peking duck) on sundays. they probably have the best tasting roast duck locally.

ok, i'm letting the cat out of the bag.  i've kept this secret for a while and it's time to share with good friends.  if you want good chinese buffet, try tramway tea house at scout alcaraz near banawe.  at banawe coming from quezon ave. to del monte, turn left to scout alcaraz (2nd intersection after retiro).  weekday lunch buffet at 160 per head and 350 per head (plus crab, shrimps and peking duck) on sundays.  they probably have the best tasting roast duck locally.

Wow, I got to try Tramway, too! Is this their only branch? There's a Tramway that closed down in City Center in Ortigas. Are they the same restaurant?

I'm just curious, why do you have to keep it a secret for a while? :)

Wow, I got to try Tramway, too! Is this their only branch? There's a Tramway that closed down in City Center in Ortigas. Are they the same restaurant?

I'm just curious, why do you have to keep it a secret for a while?  :)

first, i had to try both the weekday and the sunday buffets first before giving any feedback.

second, for personal reasons, wanted to enjoy the privacy of the place before it gets discovered by most. increase in customers=decrease in quality

that's the same. talked to the owner and she confessed to me that the rent was too high in ortigas and they were still adapting to the crowd there. turned out the market there wasnt that ok.

quite a fallacy sometimes that good cooking doesnt necessarily mean good business. there are many other factors like location, expenses, feng shui, government corruption, local taste, etc.

btw, they have real hongkong chefs. owner is from hongkong :D

ok, i'm letting the cat out of the bag.  i've kept this secret for a while and it's time to share with good friends.  if you want good chinese buffet, try tramway tea house at scout alcaraz near banawe.  at banawe coming from quezon ave. to del monte, turn left to scout alcaraz (2nd intersection after retiro).  weekday lunch buffet at 160 per head and 350 per head (plus crab, shrimps and peking duck) on sundays.  they probably have the best tasting roast duck locally.

Definetly a Must Try :) thanks Atong Ang :)

hmmm.... maybe we should organize a group MTC members to go :) hehehe

Buffet EB anyone? :)

lunch buffet lang ba dito?

lunch buffet lang ba dito?

lunck and dinner on weekdays but i suggest you go there lunch. dinnertime doesnt attract many diners maybe for health reasons, so food is not replenished that fast and gets cold. be there before 7 pm to get the food freshly cooked. after that, dont expect much refills unless you finish up a certain dish.

im not quite sure about sunday dinner.

dont forget to send feedback in case you like the place. share your blessings to others. that is the way of life. :)

that's the same. talked to the owner and she confessed to me that the rent was too high in ortigas and they were still adapting to the crowd there. turned out the market there wasnt that ok. 

quite a fallacy sometimes that good cooking doesnt necessarily mean good business. there are many other factors like location, expenses, feng shui, government corruption, local taste, etc. 

i guess the market size in ortigas is not as large as in banawe. Aku who i think is thriving in banawe also closed down its branch in ortigas. in fact, along that row of restaurants, only teriyaki boy is doing well.

other dishes to look out for in tramway buffet. please note that some may not be there everyday due to the rotation cycle. for weekdays, its usually 1 pork, 1 beef, 1 fish, 1 soup, 1 noodle, 1 fried rice, rice roll, 1 veggie, 1 chicken and a couple of desserts plus refillable iced tea. desserts include buchi(lotus filling not the regular black mongo), gelatin(imported not gulaman), lotus filling siopao

dishes to look out for:

pork- sweet and sour pork, fried spareribs, or pork kidney with kuchay

beef - fried beef tenderlion tips, beef brisket

fish- fish fillet in egg cream with vegetables

vegetable - vegetable of the day with garlic, fried taro with minced meat(taro is soft, imported unlike local with hard edges)

rice- fried rice with chinese sausage

noodle - rice noodle with black mushroom, meat and vegetables (noodles used are imported korean noodles similar to chap chae)

chicken- three cup chicken

desserts - buchi(lotus filling not the regular black mongo), gelatin(imported not gulaman), lotus filling siopao, taro and sago(they use fresh ube on sundays)with coconut milk

the dishes are very simple but are the basic of cantonese cuisine. if you go there on weekdays, you might want to order the roast duck separately. it's definitely worth it.

Hello, mga pare tama na muna ang sex trip, dito naman tayo sa food trip, Saan ba ang pinaka best place na try nyo na ALL YOU CAN EAT but affordable ha.

Para naman may mapuntahan ang mga Taga MTC after vigorous sex to replenish their strenght. :D  :D  :D  :mtc:

Paseo Uno of Mandarin Oriental though it's heavy on the pocket. They have juicy grilled Sea Bass, their Satay section boasts of beef, chicken, pork on sticks with different sauces, desserts are superb, lamb chops, and many other choices! :rolleyes:

lunck and dinner on weekdays but i suggest you go there lunch.  dinnertime doesnt attract many diners maybe for health reasons, so food is not replenished that fast and gets cold.  be there before 7 pm to get the food freshly cooked. after that, dont expect much refills unless you finish up a certain dish.

im not quite sure about sunday dinner.

dont forget to send feedback in case you like the place.  share your blessings to others.  that is the way of life.    :)

k tnx