The Best Buffets - Taste + Value For Money

bata... bata!

is this the buffet eb u were telling me about?

i read the recent postings and i think ccl and atong ang

have started something already. very cool, people!

if this eb will push through, i suggest u schedule it

as early as. there are eb's that are already in the works

and skeds are getting filled up already. i also suggest

that u be clear with the cost and how the bill will

be paid. it will be hard to be computing on the spot.

just my two cents worth. enjoy, people!

Edited by c3
bata... bata!

is this the buffet eb u were telling me about?

i read the recent postings and i think ccl and atong ang

have started something already.  very cool, people!

if this eb will push through, i suggest u schedule it

as early as.  there are eb's that are already in the works

and skeds are getting filled up already.  i also suggest

that u be clear with the cost and how the bill will

be paid.  it will be hard to be computing on the spot.

just my two cents worth.  enjoy, people!

how sure are you about us starting something? :P

in case there's one, you're right about the schedule, it has to be this november or never. december has lots of personal and company parties and other eb's. you can add private sexcapades to that list and what you get is postponement. as to bills, one way is to limit number of people to avoid confusion. the other is to collect a certain amount first and give the change afterwards but this can only work if the participants do not mind the little difference in calculations like taxes and service charges.

how sure are you about us starting something? :P

in case there's one, you're right about the schedule, it has to be this november or never. december has lots of personal and company parties and other eb's. you can add private sexcapades to that list and what you get is postponement.  as to bills, one way is to limit number of people to avoid confusion.   the other is to collect a certain amount first and give the change afterwards but this can only work if the participants do not mind the little difference in calculations like taxes and service charges.

People

What do you think of a modified KKB,You see I can arrange a discount on the food portion,But drinks are a wild card,some may drink water and some may order a 250 peso freshly squeezed orange juice.It would unfair to divide drink bills equally then.I propose Atong and I get a flat rate discount for the food component,but arrange for drinks to be on your personal account.That way the gal who drank water will not subsidize the drinks of the person who drank wine.Fair???Next budgets,Atong and I are thinking of Hyatt,Penn,Makati Shang or similiar,Assuming I can get a 30% discount Food costs will be around 600 pesos,If this too high please comment.Our plan B is Saisaki West at around 300-400 or other similiar places.But quality will be lower,but more affordable.Again please comment on this :)

Edited by cebucitylocal
People

What do you think of a modified KKB,You see I can arrange a discount on the food portion,But drinks are a wild card,some may drink water and some may order a 250 peso freshly squeezed orange juice.It would unfair to divide drink bills equally then.I propose Atong and I get a flat rate discount for the food component,but arrange for drinks to be on your personal account.That way the gal who drank water will not subsidize the drinks of the person  who drank wine.Fair???Next budgets,Atong and I are thinking of Hyatt,Penn,Makati Shang or similiar,Assuming I can get a 30% discount  Food costs will be around 600 pesos,If this too high please comment.Our plan B is Saisaki West at around 300-400 or other similiar places.But quality will be lower,but more affordable.Again please comment on this :)

while the price might be high despite bad times, i would go for a superb meal once in a while than having a mediocre chef's meal twice. you only live once. besides, i think quite a few have tried saisaki, pen or shang. the best time to try out a place is in its dry run; the chefs will be eager to prove themselves; few people will be trying out the place and quality is maintained; some ingredients are limited and chefs' creativity and skill will surface.

while the price might be high despite bad times, i would go for a superb meal once in a while than having a mediocre chef's meal twice. you only live once.  besides, i think quite a few have tried saisaki, pen or shang.  the best time to try out a place is in its dry run; the chefs will be eager to prove themselves;  few people will be trying out the place and quality is maintained; some ingredients are limited and chefs' creativity and skill will surface.

Correct,Nice Talking to you earlier,So folks we are looking at Grand Hyatts Market Cafe or Peninsula Nielsiens for a deluxe Buffet EB or Saisaki West or Tramway for a moderate priced buffet EB,What do you think???? :)

Correct,Nice Talking to you earlier,So folks we are looking at Grand Hyatts Market Cafe or Peninsula Nielsiens for a deluxe Buffet EB or Saisaki West or Tramway for a moderate priced buffet EB,What do you think???? :)

it is soothing to know that sometimes there are people who march to the same beat despite a different drummer :D

ladies and gentlemen, this was conceptualized with you all in mind so we need your feedback. :headsetsmiley:

hoy kamote try natin yung tramway after shift! :P ha ha!!! sama natin mga tier 2 or mag CC buffet eb tayo! madalas din sa thread nato si crystalmare eh?  :P

wen here yesterday kahit sobrang antok & for 160 tax free & ice tea/dessert inclusive eh it was well worth it! panalo!!! tappos first time na me kasamang pork litid sa buffet menu! yahoo yahoo! punta kami ni crystalmare d2 next time!!! :boo:

tried makati shang circles last night. they have a brightly lit orange panel and wood-themed interior. waiters and chefs are also dressed in orange. i just dont like the way managers blend thier navy suits with an orange tie.

now on to the food:

seafoods galore. this seems to be a cross between paseo uno and the pen. seafoods available are prawns, crabs and oysters. the oysters last night were much better than those of pen. pen, howeever, has edge in fresher salad greens. shang makati never ceases to amaze to with its grilling station. situated beside a lighting structure which resembled an ice carving of stalactites used in superman movies, tender lamb chops, prime ribs, scallops (even larger than a five-peso coin), prawns, vegetables and squid (whew!!!) can be grilled to your desired degree. very noteworthy is the seabass which was very firm outside and tender inside you could practically see the layering of the meat. their grilled beef, however, was rather tough last night. they also have pizza and pasta. i only had the chance to try the hot and sour soup and it was a little on the sweet side which lent to the overpowering of the sour and spicy taste. the mushroom blended well with the chicken stock,egg and chili. had they reduced sugar a little but it would have been perfect. straight ahead along the buffet counter were rice dishes like risotto, garlic and meat rice, yang chow fried and nasi goreng. the rice dishes were flavored just right to allow the fragrance of the rice to blend subtly with the condiments. i found the yang chow fried rice cooked perfectly using leftover rice. next were the chinese booth where roastings and dimsum were available. their roast duck had the right amount of fat but just didnt cut it because of the soft skin. they could have roasted it a little to give a little crispness. the roasted spareribs were tough and it was a pity since the flavor was just right. the dimsum dishes were placed on a built-in steamer on the counter which lead to overcooked dimsum specially in those with starch-based wrappers. just beside the entrance is dessert booth boasting of the most diverse sweet tooth indulgence. fruit tarts, cheesecakes, fruits, chocolates, in-house ube ice cream and a crepe station all to top off that full load of meat seafoods and vegetables.

they have restructured the discount for the gold membership to less 33.5% for every 2 people dining together such that the price for 2 would be around 850 per head.

if your taste preference leans towards the leafy greens, go to pen. for grilled items, rice and desserts, circles is the way to go. i had a hard time choosing between hyatt and shang, since the former emphasized standard ingredients and cooking methods while the latter leaned towards superb quality ingredients and standard cooking procedures. shang had obviously spent much for the ambience but the simplicity of hyatt lent to a more soul-nourishing meal. shang had a couple of conference rooms with transparent glass panels and a plasma tv connected to a camera showing the buffet counter. both had attentive, friendly and superb service. i just didnt find the orange hair dye of the waiters appropriate for the place. the simplicity and smart business attire of hyatt suited the place more.

tough choice but i guess i prefer the hyatt though shang is not far behind.

now if mandarin was paying attention... :)

wen here yesterday kahit sobrang antok & for 160 tax free & ice tea/dessert inclusive eh it was well worth it! panalo!!! tappos first time na me kasamang pork litid sa buffet menu! yahoo yahoo! punta kami ni crystalmare d2 next time!!!  :boo:

Kakaasar ka parin.... di mo ako pinagsabihan :(

Though I was in tagaytay that time. I had a Birthday party to cater to (mine) ako pa nag luto ng fillet mignon :P

anyways as for the Buffet EB Atong Ang is already proposing something for this november. I suggest we jump on the bandwagon :)

this was the island cafe before which was renovated and renamed circles.  during the renovation, they transferred the dining area to the lounge area behind the lobby

I've tried the Island Cafe a couple of times, the last time about three weeks ago when they were in the lounge area in the lobby. The buffet during that time was lousy, definitely inferior compared to the garden cafe in edsa shang, paseo uno, and nielsens.

But obviously they made a lot of improvement, probably the reason for the change in name also.

Need to try this place again! Sayang as i used up my complimentary tickets for this year before Circles opened. :(