The Best Buffets - Taste + Value For Money

BUFFET: seafoods: COWRIE COVE, the best seafood buffet you'll ever experience...

its the only buffet restaurant which offers Lobster

as part of the menu.... ohhhhmmm tempting huh...

BUffet prize: PHp2,500.00 per pax +++ :cool:

Italian : PAPARAZZI ; A wood-burning oven makes the best pizzas in the island.

Prize: Php999.00 per pax+++ affordable di ba.... :mtc:

Family : DAD"s punta kayo SM... Mura lang :D :D :D

BUFFET: seafoods:    COWRIE COVE, the best seafood buffet you'll ever experience...

its the only buffet restaurant which offers Lobster

as part of the menu.... ohhhhmmm tempting huh...

BUffet prize: PHp2,500.00 per pax +++ :cool:

LOCATION : Shangri-la Mactan Island Resort/// Cebu

Italian  :      PAPARAZZI ;    A wood-burning oven makes the best pizzas in the island.

Prize: Php999.00 per pax+++ affordable di ba.... :mtc:

Family  :    DAD"s            punta kayo SM... Mura lang :D  :D  :D

strange... when we went to cebu, we inquired with mactan shang and the buffet price was less than 1k with no lobster mentioned. is this a special event?

BEST VALUE BUFFET AWARD

1.intramuros street buffets near the WOW PHIL. SECTION. just go to san agustin church. you'll see. 150.00 for yummy fresh buffet.

BEST SPANISH FOOD BUFFET

2. ALBA'S for top quality spanish buffet with more variety. EL COMEDOR and the others are good too but they have less ULAM. 370.00

BEST JAPANESE BUFFET

3. Varies but once upon a time there was TAKAYAMA. does it still exist? unfortunately, other jap buffets dont have as much offerings as saisaki does so ill stick to saisaki even if the food quality is so so.

if you guys need any suggestions on cheap food esp. chinese food, you can just reply to 1 of my posts

BEST VALUE BUFFET AWARD

1.intramuros street buffets near the WOW PHIL. SECTION. just go to san agustin church. you'll see. 150.00 for yummy fresh buffet.

BEST SPANISH FOOD BUFFET

2. ALBA'S for top quality spanish buffet with more variety. EL COMEDOR and the others are good too but they have less ULAM. 370.00

BEST JAPANESE BUFFET

3. Varies but once upon a time there was TAKAYAMA. does it still exist? unfortunately, other jap buffets dont have as much offerings as saisaki does so ill stick to saisaki even if the food quality is so so.

if you guys need any suggestions on cheap food esp. chinese food, you can just reply to 1 of my posts

1. ive seen those. not bad for the price but the problem lies in the lack of equipment to maintain the freshness of the food. good for you if you can be there just in time when the food is just freshly cooked.

2. both are good but it really depends on whether you go for quantity or quality or a combination of both.

3. if you have a hyatt privilege card, then hyatt regency pasay (differen from grand hyatt pedro gil) can give saisaki the hell of a beating.

1. ive seen those.  not bad for the price but the problem lies in the lack of equipment to maintain the freshness of the food.  good for you if you can be there just in time when the food is just freshly cooked.

2.  both are good but it really depends on whether you go for quantity or quality or a combination of both.

3.  if you have a hyatt privilege card, then hyatt regency pasay (differen from grand hyatt pedro gil) can give saisaki the hell of a beating.

some other buffets are pretty good esp. in the hotels but they cost an arm and a leg. i would still suggest the value buffets.. but heres a compilation of some of the best food regardless of value

best chinese buffet

new world chinese resto so far

best steak/ribs in a buffet

century park coffee shop

best buffet overall

shangrila ata. not sure though.

some other buffets are pretty good esp. in the hotels but they cost an arm and a leg. i would still suggest the value buffets.. but heres a compilation of some of the best food regardless of value

best chinese buffet

new world chinese resto so far

best steak/ribs in a buffet

century park coffee shop

best buffet overall

shangrila ata. not sure though.

Wait for the formal opening of Mactan Shangrila s Buffet at its new outlet Tides,It is the same concept as Circles with some innovations like a Chocolate Fountain gushing out melted Swiss Chocolate to dip fruits and other things for Chocolate Fondue.Hsmeilop,RainTribe and myself have invites for the inaguaration on Tuesday.We will post an FR on this :)

Wait for the formal opening of Mactan Shangrila s Buffet at its new outlet Tides,It is the same concept as Circles with some innovations like a Chocolate Fountain gushing out melted Swiss Chocolate to dip fruits and other things for Chocolate Fondue.Hsmeilop,RainTribe and myself have invites for the inaguaration on Tuesday.We will post an FR on this :)

definitely would want to see this. looks like i would have to make another trip to cebu.

as for the choco fountain, philippine plaza, grand hyatt and circles shangrila all have these but their chocolate dips have different consistencies. the one at circles is quite thin, probably with too much water content. the one at phil plaza has a very thick consistency, probably due to high oil and sugar content but chocolate content not enough. grand hyatt has the best combination of consistency and content but they serve it with oily churros which stretches the sweet palate to the extreme. serving it with chilled fresh fruits gives the best result, the low temperature making the chocolate more firm and the water content of the fruit neutralizing the fat content of the chocolate.

• 2 weeks later...

visited tramway last night and was digusted with the sevice. we went there around 830 pm and when we asked for refills since the other dishes had dried out in the chafing dish, they told us the buffet closes at 9pm and they dont serve after that. they had been very enthusiastic about it when we went in there and had not informed us about it. the waiter then acted aloof to us and even went to the point of hiding. whew!!! as for the food, except for a few pieces of fried wanton, the other dishes were dried out.

Hi all, have back read quite a few pages and there was no mention about Dusit Hotel cafe's buffet. We're planning to have a party of about 80 persons. They have a discount card (free membership) offering 20% discount. For 80 perons, 8 will dine for free, and this is on top of the 20% discount. All in all, price per person is around 650 inclusive of bottomless ice tea. Any comments or alternatives? Thanks.

visited tramway last night and was digusted with the sevice.  we went there around 830 pm and when we asked for refills since the other dishes had dried out in the chafing dish, they told us the buffet closes at 9pm and they dont serve after that.  they had been very enthusiastic about it when we went in there and had not informed us about it.  the waiter then acted aloof to us and even went to the point of hiding. whew!!!  as for the food, except for a few pieces of fried wanton, the other dishes were dried out.

tama ka diyan, atong... saang nga tramway na iyan eh, nung bago pa siya masarap siya, lalo na ang cold cuts line nila (white chicken, soy chicken, asado..) halos puwede ko na ikumpara sa hongkong iyan nung bago sila eh. tapos nagbukas sila ng buffet table- at downhill na lahat.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to grand hyatt's market buffet tonight and I gotta say, im very satisfied with their selection of food. Quality over quantity is what I got. Their salmon sashimi has got to be the best tasting/texture here in manila compared to any resto or any buffet places like circles or paseo uno. Thier roasting are yummy indeed! Reminded me I was eating chinese food in Vancouver. Soy duck was just amazing! *drool* The japanese section consisted of the usual tempura dishes but what made this different from other places is that it had a yakiniku station and a teppanyaki section. Carvings had a choice of lamb, chicken, and prime rib along with bbq choices like chicken & beef skewers. Italian section had freshly baked pizza & pasta. Chinese had dimsum like siomai, chicken feet, and spareribs. They had steamed rice topping (spareribs) & also had a noodle section with various meatballs/fishballs topping. As atong ang said..their chocolate fountain is very good (the best in my opinion) rather than using dark chocolate like phil plaza & circles..they use milk chocolate which isn't that sweet nor was it bitter. The churroz & maccaroon were just divine when drentched with the chocolate. Other desserts also include crepe, ice cream, and the usual cakes. Sayang walang souffle like circles.

This place is well worth the P980++ they charge for dinner. Very good indeed.