The Best Buffets - Taste + Value For Money

san un? :P

i like veggies except ampalaya, gabi, saluyot and beans...

san ba ang pinaka masarap na salad buffet sa manila? :)

Hmm, 3rd level ng GB-3.

Just saw one of their posters when I ate sa GB-3 a few weeks back.

Tignan ko bukas if I attend Mass sa GB. :)

The eat all you can vegetarian place is called chimera located at the same level as the theatres,I believe it is about 200 pesos for eat all you can soups and salads.

Just came back from incredibile buffet at the Shangrila Mactan to celebrate their 10th anniversary and welcome their new GM.The PR told me they spent over 2 million pesos on the party and it showed,Fresh seafood bar which served endless portions of imported australian oysters and sushi, According to the chef they consumed 80 kilos of prawns for the party as well as 50 kilos of lobster for the lobster station, 5 kilos of Foie gras,over 300 bottles of fine wine.,endless desserts,I believe there were 30 kinds as well as a Foie Gras Station,Shwarma station,Peking duck Station.......they also brought in over 3000 pcs of australian oysters for the party It was a private party for the Cebu travel industry and business and political elite.As for me :sick: :sick: 2 kremil and an alka seltzer

yes clc thank you for reminding me. its the place that has popcorn popped in olive oil...

oh and in case you travel out of pinas... get a bottle or two of pepto bismol... more effective than kremil s... especially for after-buffet tummy booboos... :P

Before for filipino food the place to be was in Pilo garden restaurant, the one in katipunan, they had the best tasting filipino dishes lalu na yung chicharong aleta. but they had to close because of the katipunan construction. but i know they do have a store along timog. For hotels the best place i have tried so far is in edsa shangri-la hotel, their buffet is gorgeous...so is the price, i paid close to 3k for just me and my date, inclusive of drinks. this was for lunch. :) but thats when they serve the best food. dinner time just can't seem to campare in regards to taste and freshness.

Try Brazil Brazil in rockwell...its Beside the Teak Bar.

Eat all you can steaks for 420! They serve Tsing Tao beer for PhP 90...not bad when youre hungry!

Crustasia Resto in Rockwell....the crabs!!!! THey have this crab bucket good for 3 people which costs PhP 590!

Eat all You can Sushi for PhP 500 in Little Tokyo!

Tin Hau dimsum buffet for PhP 400!

The Shangrila breakfast buffet!!!! BRUNCH!!!

Before for filipino food the place to be was in Pilo garden restaurant, the one in katipunan, they had the best tasting filipino dishes lalu na yung chicharong aleta. but they had to close because of the katipunan construction. but i know they do have a store along timog. For hotels the best place i have tried so far is in edsa shangri-la hotel, their buffet is gorgeous...so is the price, i paid close to 3k for just me and my date, inclusive of drinks. this was for lunch. :) but thats when they serve the best food. dinner time just can't seem to campare in regards to taste and freshness.

buy their privilege card... and go there fridays for their seafood day

Try Brazil Brazil in rockwell...its Beside the Teak Bar.

Eat all you can steaks for 420! They serve Tsing Tao beer for PhP 90...not bad when youre hungry!

Crustasia Resto in Rockwell....the crabs!!!! THey have this crab bucket good for 3 people which costs PhP 590!

Eat all You can Sushi for PhP 500 in Little Tokyo!

Tin Hau dimsum buffet for PhP 400!

The Shangrila breakfast buffet!!!! BRUNCH!!!

what kind of beef do they serve? for tsing tao, go to justic enterprises dasmarinas street in binondo beside s.o.s. they are wholesaler of tsing tao

Saisaki, yung continental nila is great.... try nyo din yung eat all you can sa Westin Philippine Plaza....

saisaiki continental? pls explain.

im a regular at westin phil plaza. they have fresh scallops, oyster and prawn. the longest buffet consists of the main coffee shop buffet, plus the chinese and the italian buffet. the chinese buffet, IMHO, has nothing spectacular, though the vegetables are very fresh. the italian has freshly baked pizza. things to look out there are the chili shrimps and the four cheese pizza. the main coffee shop boasts of either a tempura station or a mongolian grill. here is where the fresh seafoods come in. the salad is so-so (the best salad would have come from the pen). regular carvings features roast beef, lamb chops (best lamb chops or leg of lamb is in makati shang, specially when there was an australian festival), or lechon. they have a crepe and ice cream bar for dessert aside from the fruits and pastries.

im a regular at westin phil plaza. they have fresh scallops, oyster and prawn. the longest buffet consists of the main coffee shop buffet, plus the chinese and the italian buffet. the chinese buffet, IMHO, has nothing spectacular, though the vegetables are very fresh. the italian has freshly baked pizza. things to look out there are the chili shrimps and the four cheese pizza. the main coffee shop boasts of either a tempura station or a mongolian grill. here is where the fresh seafoods come in. the salad is so-so (the best salad would have come from the pen). regular carvings features roast beef, lamb chops (best lamb chops or leg of lamb is in makati shang, specially when there was an australian festival), or lechon. they have a crepe and ice cream bar for dessert aside from the fruits and pastries.

paseo uno at the mandarin is also very good. the sashimi and tempura are better than most buffet places and the friday seafood night is really good. If you get a privilege card and you go with a date, sobrang sulit.

paseo uno at the mandarin is also very good. the sashimi and tempura are better than most buffet places and the friday seafood night is really good. If you get a privilege card and you go with a date, sobrang sulit.

i definitely agree with you about quality there but IMHO, the Pen and Hyatt has a more authentic tempura. Paseo uno is kind of like a jack of all trades but master of none... wait let me change that, make it queen of all trades. its definitely a notch higher above most.

just came from mandarin oriental tin hau last night. the french embassy has a party there so i traffic was bad. the service was still lousy as before. receptionists were indifferent. the previous friendly cantonese manger whom i knew had now resigned. its just a matter of time before it suffers the fate of the coffee shop before it was renovated. (ATTN: MANDARIN F&B MANAGER DAVID THOMAS!!!). now on to the food:

-they still have some of the best disum around(for 1000 bucks a pop for the buffet, it should). shrimp with parsley and sharksfin is better than their hakaw

- they dont serve peking regularly anymore, probably because few dine here anymore, they substitute it with regular roast duck, which was dry when i tried it, most probably leftover from lunch (they may vehemently deny it, but i been eating roast duck in hongkong, taiwan and locally, and could tell with my eyes closed whie tasting or without tasting and just looking at it). the other cold cuts also share the same fate. they sould have at least reheated it by steaming and oiled it a little to avoid drying (steaming then oiling coats the meat and protects it from further moisture loss) .

- they still have the best almond jelly around but the mango sago is not up to even street restaurant standard. choices for dessert have been reduced

- dishes for the day were sweet and sour pork(soft and overscooked), kaylan vegetable with mushroom (overcooked and mashed vegetable texture), beef curry(soy sauce was too strong that it overpowered the taste of curry), lemon chicken( just right but because of few people chicken was left for a long time in the warmer and was stiff and hard), steamed egg with seafood(taste of egg was light and not overwhelming but seafood had fishy taste), beef fried rice (they made the biggest mistake on this one using freshly cooked rice, fried rice should be made using rice leftover for at least 12 hours), fish with soy flakes( fresh and steamed just right but lacking in soy flakes; this szechuan dish should be smothered with it because this gives the fish flavor complementing the mild type of soy sauce used)

in my previous rating i gave it a 9 but at the present situation i'll have to give it a 6.5 for mediocrity unexpected from a top notch hotel. i was so disappointed with the food as i had high regard from the place before. what a pity and what a change a period of one year brings. the only saving grace and the only one which didnt deteriorate was the dimsum. this rating was for the food alone and has not taken into account the attitude of the staff which could have further brought it down.

right now, down to the single peso, the best chinese buffet has to fishing village and the one in tagaytay highlands. im looking forward to a chance to try emperor court once again after more than a year if i have the time. ill let you be the first to know when the time comes

currently, my favorite buffet in the city is in paprazzi in edsa shang. i visit the palce weekly and although there are slight alterations to the menu from time to time, it has consistently been very very good.

it was rennovated a few months ago, probably to go along with their new head chef. this place kinda detriorated there for a while but is back in top form.

the antipasti selection is superb. the vegetables are very fresh and the cheezes are fantastic. along with tasty seafood offerings (calamari, clams, seasoned salmon, etc.), you can also order a variety of soups and pasta (tastes like fresh made) in different sauces - all as part of the buffet.

for their entrees, there's usually lamb in some gravy like italian sauce, seabass fried in a thick - very fattening sauce, prime rib stewed in a tasty thick sauce, and other stuff.

the desserts are great. genuine tiramisu made with mascarpone cheese (not the crap they pass off in a lot of places), dark chocolate this, milk chocolate that, mousses and other pastries guaranteed to rot your teeth.

great place, fantsatic food, superb service and their wine selection is supposed to have improved (i wouldn't know, i eat here for lunch and don't booze up during the day).

currently, my favorite buffet in the city is in paprazzi in edsa shang.... along with tasty seafood offerings (calamari, clams, seasoned salmon, etc.), you can also order a variety of soups and pasta (tastes like fresh made) in different sauces - all as part of the buffet.

for their entrees, there's usually lamb in some gravy like italian sauce, seabass fried in a thick - very fattening sauce, prime rib stewed in a tasty thick sauce, and other stuff.

the desserts are great. genuine tiramisu made with mascarpone cheese (not the crap they pass off in a lot of places), dark chocolate this, milk chocolate that, mousses and other pastries guaranteed to rot your teeth.

great place, fantsatic food, superb service and their wine selection is supposed to have improved (i wouldn't know, i eat here for lunch and don't booze up during the day).

with seasoned salmon, do you mean smoked salmon? is the lamb there lamb chops or lamb leg? thanks :)

For me any buffet will do, except for filipino food. I tried kamay kainan in greenhills and i didn't like it. Puro soups, and i really don't like filipino cuisine. Though i like filipino dessers expecially kakanin and ginatan.

I was disappointed with kamay kainan's dessert. Buko pandan, saba soaked on thick sugar mixture (aughh, prang puro flavoring), banana bread (this is the one i like among the rest), and mamon ata ung isa.

Pag naubos na, ndi na nila ni re-refill :(

Do they have a (Westin) hotel card for this as well? How much is the buffet?