Any Metalheads Here In Mtc?

Immortal666

i heard from a friend of mine na madalas daw dumalaw dito si gus peppa ng death angel. too bad walang nagkaka idea na magconcert sila dito. nasorpresa nga ung friend ko nung malaman niya na yung kasama niya pala eh si gus ng death angel kaya ayun di man lang niya naenjoy hanggang sa umalis na.

Dude, matagal nang dito naka-base si Gus Pepa (ex-Death Angel axeman). He still flies from here to the US regularly pero dito na siya nakatira. Sadly, he's already out of the music scene. Now, a lot of you young kids may not know him or his band, but mature geezers like us who grew on pre-Black album Metallica should be familiar with Death Angel - a San Francisco based thrash metal band consisting of Filipinos.

Actually I met and chatted with him for a few minutes last year. I was still co-hosting this metal show on NU 107 back then and before our show was the Guilo's hour. Friend ata siya ng isang owner ng Guilo's bar and he tagged along when they did the show. When they found out that our metal show was up next, they told us Gus Pepa was in the building. I went up to him, shook his hand and told him how much I listened to and enjoyed Death Angel's music when I was younger and even up to now. I told him that DA had a new album out and he was surprised when he heard about this and even asked me if I had a copy with me. I told him no, wala pa akong kopya. I invited him to guest on our show and he politely declined as he had a lot of stuff going on. After that he said he had to go and I thanked him for his time. He was a very quiet and soft-spoken dude.

If anyone knows Death Angel and doesn't know who exactly Gus is from the five members, pulll out your copy of their CD or cassette of "Act III". Si Gus yung nasa pinaka-gitna sa group picture nila. Imagine him with shorter, almost semi-kalbo hair and that's what he looks like now.

now playing: CANDY STRIPPER DEATH ORGY - "Atomictivity"

Sinong bands ba ang mga maglalabas ng bagong album this year? Alam ko pa lang eh Mudvayne, System of a Down at NIN.

Shet pare, di ka ba marunong mag-basa? METAL thread to para sa mga METALHEAD hindi para sa mga kupaw na tulad mo na nakikinig ng mga bandang kupaw na binanggit mo.

Kung METAL ka talaga, heto lang ang dapat mong abangang bagong album:

JUDAS PRIEST - Angel of Retribution

post-9919-1107409246.jpg

Shet pare, di ka ba marunong mag-basa? METAL thread to para sa mga METALHEAD hindi para sa mga kupaw na tulad mo na nakikinig ng mga bandang kupaw na binanggit mo.

Kung METAL ka talaga, heto lang ang dapat mong abangang bagong album:

JUDAS PRIEST - Angel of Retribution

Hindi naman lahat tayo pare-pareho ng pinakikinggan. Kung yan ang gusto nya, wag mo ng pakialaman. Respect naman sa ibang tao!

Dude, METAL ang pinag-uusapan natin. Kung ibang music yan okay lang, pero METAL 'to. Sabihin mo nga sa akin kung METAL yung Mudvayne, SOAD at NIN? Hindi sila METAL. Ang mga taong naniniwalang METAL sila ay KUPAW.

Tol, iba-iba naman ang klase ng metal. Ung Mudvayne, SOAD at NIN eh METAL din pero ibang category, ndi man sha kasing heavy nung pinaki-kinggan mo pero METAL pa rin sila. Magresearch k kaya sa Net para may matutuhan k naman. Not enough vitamins ka lang pre. :evil:

Tol, iba-iba naman ang klase ng metal. Ung Mudvayne, SOAD at NIN eh METAL din pero ibang category, ndi man sha kasing heavy nung pinaki-kinggan mo pero METAL pa rin sila. Magresearch k kaya sa Net para may matutuhan k naman. Not enough vitamins ka lang pre.  :evil:

Ha, ha. Ako ang mag-research sa net ng mga bandang tulad ng Mudvayne etc? :rolleyes: Kelangan pa bang i-research sa net yan e yan yung mga bandang galing sa nalaos na 'nu-metal'/'mallcore' scene? Gasgas sa MTV at radyo dati yan. Ngayon asan na? Nalaos na at pinalitan ng mga iyaking EMO.

Ikaw ang mag-research sa net kung ano ang totoong METAL. Palibhasa ang kinoconsider mong metal e Manson, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, Linkin Park et al. E hindi naman metal yang mga banda na yan. Punta ka sa mga metal forums sa net (www.metal-rules, www.metal-archives) at ipagyabang mo na metal ka at Manson, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, Linkin Park, Mudvayne ang pinapakinggan mo. Tignan ko kung hindi ka pagtawanan at laitin dun.

Tsaka for your info, Nine Inch Nails was never a metal band. They're an industrial band who happened to have metal elements in their music, specifically on their "Broken" EP released back in the early '90s. But before and after this album, the metal elements are not that apparent.

'Di uubra vitamins sayo tsong. Mag-back to basics ka, mag-Iodized salt ka kasi. :boo:

Boss, not to offend u pero i havent heard ur show (pity me). Thogh ang album ko lang ng DA eh yung ultraviolence pero solb naman. Mature geezers? Hahahahaha! Ganun n pala ako katanda. Thanks for ur reply. Added info: member ata ng rotary club si Gus. Sayang naman kung retired na siya. End it.

Dude, matagal nang dito naka-base si Gus Pepa (ex-Death Angel axeman). He still flies from here to the US regularly pero dito na siya nakatira. Sadly, he's already out of the music scene. Now, a lot of you young kids may not know him or his band, but mature geezers like us who grew on pre-Black album Metallica should be familiar with Death Angel - a San Francisco based thrash metal band consisting of Filipinos.

Actually I met and chatted with him for a few minutes last year. I was still co-hosting this metal show on NU 107 back then and before our show was the Guilo's hour. Friend ata siya ng isang owner ng Guilo's bar and he tagged along when they did the show. When they found out that our metal show was up next, they told us Gus Pepa was in the building. I went up to him, shook his hand and told him how much I listened to and enjoyed Death Angel's music when I was younger and even up to now. I told him that DA had a new album out and he was surprised when he heard about this and even asked me if I had a copy with me. I told him no, wala pa akong kopya. I invited him to guest on our show and he politely declined as he had a lot of stuff going on. After that he said he had to go and I thanked him for his time. He was a very quiet and soft-spoken dude.

If anyone knows Death Angel and doesn't know who exactly Gus is from the five members, pulll out your copy of their CD or cassette of "Act III". Si Gus yung nasa pinaka-gitna sa group picture nila. Imagine him with shorter, almost semi-kalbo hair and that's what he looks like now.

now playing: CANDY STRIPPER DEATH ORGY - "Atomictivity"

Boss, not to offend u pero i havent heard ur show (pity me). Thogh ang album ko lang ng DA eh yung ultraviolence pero solb naman. Mature geezers? Hahahahaha! Ganun n pala ako katanda. Thanks for ur reply. Added info: member ata ng rotary club si Gus. Sayang naman kung retired na siya. End it.

No offense taken. I'm not part of the show anymore anyway. And I won't even recommend it to anyone who'd like to listen and learn about metal. Mga posers naman ang host nun ngayon e.

Yup pare, ganun na tayo katanda! :D But I don't care. Metal makes me feel young and makes me feel stronger everyday that I live.

Death Angel reformed a couple of years back to play for the Chuck Billy (Testament) cancer benefit show where they played alongside other Bay Area thrash bands such as Vio-lence, Exodus, Legacy (pre-Testament), Heathen along with Anthrax, Flotsam and Jetsam, and Sadus. They released a comeback album last year titled "The Art of Dying."

Me bago na kaya lang ay di pa nilalabas sa Pinas. Ang pumalit ata ay yung dating guitarist na si Chris Poland. Please check www.megadeth.com. :)

Yup, they released a new album last year titled "The System Has Failed." Malabo na lumabas dito yun. I was able to download the entire album even before it came out. I'll try to see if the link to the download site is still up so I can post it here and you guys can get it.

Yung ex-guitar player nila na si Chris Poland ang nag-guitar sa album na yun. Pero when they went out and toured, iba na ang guitar player.

Yup, they released a new album last year titled "The System Has Failed." Malabo na lumabas dito yun. I was able to download the entire album even before it came out. I'll try to see if the link to the download site is still up so I can post it here and you guys can get it.

Yung ex-guitar player nila na si Chris Poland ang nag-guitar sa album na yun. Pero when they went out and toured, iba na ang guitar player.

Pre, kamusta yung bagong album? Ok ba? :)