Accountants\finance\auditors Etc.

Guest civic_10

hi people. im currently double degree accounting student in dlsu....graduating na ako hopefully sa december....may mga alam ba kayong work na pwede ko gawin even if i havent taken the board exams yet? gusto ko sana kasi magkaron na agad ng work experience e...:D baka pwede nyo naman ako matulungan,,,...thanks :D

of course :) basta pa-register lang din...

actually madalas naman mei dalang mga adviser un ibang local chapter... simple lang naman ang system (although strict with separation of recording, execution, access to assets, wahaha) kaya pareho lang pag-process kung ang delegate ay student/prof/adviser

sama ka? sama ka na :)

Shandy pwede ba advisers dyan? :sick:

hey civic... ako rin, ae-bsa til dec :)

gusto mo magwork na? ako nag iintern ngayon sa UN, kaso lang i doubt ma-credit cia for practicum / audprac.

nakakabaliw ha mei review school pa. ciempre gusto pumasa. mei OJT. mei thesis. tapos mei pasok pa till dec. kaya sinantabi ko muna ang full-time work until i pass sa may 2006 (power of positive thinking)

pero meron din naman jobs for accounting grad kahit ndi CPA. nakakatakot lang kasi ciempre ineearn mo un pay mo (meaning, pinaghihirapan), ndi naman kalakihan yung kikitain mo muna, baka ma-risk pa ang time devoted mo to review for board, ergo probability of passing.

register ka jobstreet.com. ang dami ko nang job alerts looking for BSA grad, ndi ko naman pinapansin hehe usually sa SMEs puede more on the financial accounting/cost accounting/bookkeeping side.

i myself would rather go into corporate finance/asset management if i don't pursue research in development economics. o dba, connect? hahaha

hi people. im currently double degree accounting student in dlsu....graduating na ako hopefully sa december....may mga alam ba kayong work na pwede ko gawin even if i havent taken the board exams yet? gusto ko sana kasi magkaron na agad ng work experience e...:D baka pwede nyo naman ako matulungan,,,...thanks :D

puede nga pala kahit sa april 17 na mismo sa DAP venue mag register =)

of course :) basta pa-register lang din...

actually madalas naman mei dalang mga adviser un ibang local chapter... simple lang naman ang system (although strict with separation of recording, execution, access to assets, wahaha) kaya pareho lang pag-process kung ang delegate ay student/prof/adviser

sama ka? sama ka na :)

• 4 weeks later...

mga tax people!

i need your help.. I just want to ask kung san nakakakuha ng mga bir regulations, cta issuances and SC decisions for tax cases.. I had previous tax experience in one of the big firms before and i want to be updated sna ulit with the new issuances now that I am now in private practice.. Thanks!

Actually, there are many ways for you to get new pronouncements from the BIR. The cheapest way would be to go directly to the BIR and photocopy from them the issuances and rulings. They usually keep a very good record in BIR Main at QC. But it will cost you some with respect to the photocopying services (not to mention the hassle). A more convenient way would be to get the Lex Libris Software that has quarterly updates on matters relating to tax. Expensive lang nga.

Actually, there are many ways for you to get new pronouncements from the BIR.  The cheapest way would be to go directly to the BIR and photocopy from them the issuances and rulings.  They usually keep a very good record in BIR Main at QC.  But it will cost you some with respect to the photocopying services (not to mention the hassle).  A more convenient way would be to get the Lex Libris Software that has quarterly updates on matters relating to tax.  Expensive lang nga.

Tnx pare! hay mej hassle nga lng mgphotocpy dun noh.. meron kayang peke na lex libris sa greenhills?

mga tax people!

i need your help.. I just want to ask kung san nakakakuha ng mga bir regulations, cta issuances and SC decisions for tax cases.. I had previous tax experience in one of the big firms before and i want to be updated sna ulit with the new issuances now that I am now in private practice..  Thanks!

you can try to attend BIR Seminars. That will help somehow. And you can also ask them about new Tax Regulations, etc. That's what I'm doing to be updated. Just making suggestions. :cool:

Hey dudes i wanna quit my teaching job.....baka may may alam kau job openings heheheeh.....kakasawa na magturo eh

:evil:

Wow! you know what, I want to teach - that's one of my goal kasi eh! :) I am wondering why nagsasawa ka...Anyway, if you're not really happy doing things you don't want, it's kinda boring talaga. Ako kasi, habang "medyo" bata (daw) pa ako, I want to teach at night at work ako dito sa office pag morning, i know it's stressful pero well compensated ka naman at dami mong mage gain na experience.

:cool:

does anyone here know what the difference is between a CA and a CPA? and, ano ano ba ang different specializations sa accounting i.e. tax, auditing, aa... etc. alin ang pinakarewarding at least stressfull?

i'm an accounting student. i'm asking para i know na how to position myself best for whatever i will choose in the future. para i know na which extra classes i have to take. which i classes i have to be extra good in. (yuck nerd.)

Your first question eh! well explained na. Being an accountant covers tax, audit, financial, management, cost, etc. I'm not in a multi-corporation that's why all those works eh, ginagawa ko. It is very stressful talaga but I enjoy doing it. When ur in a Restaurant business, Accountants are the one doing the tax remittances, comp*tation, etc. Audit also all the reports done by Cashiers and bookkeepers, I am also doing the Financial Statement, and Management Accounting that includes decision making, and lastly is Cost Accounting. Kapag nga deadline, wala na akong time makipag usap eh! Wawa talaga but after that, ok na ulit, back to MTC na naman. For me, ok lang naman, ito ang pinili nating course eh! Kaya MAGDUSA TAYO. :evil: :evil: :evil:

mga tax people.. i need ur help.. anu ba ung restrictions ng BIR na reasonable allowance for recreation amusement and entertainment.. .50% of gross sales ba sa manufacturing and 1% pg service? at saka anu ung documentation requirements for inventory obsolescence to be considered deductible? tnx..

• 3 weeks later...

di ba madaling mamatay mga accountant? hahaha. sobrang stressful. nakikita ko mga kaibigan ko yung kotse parang isang malaking filing cabinet, trabaho maghapon, aral sa gabi, tulog lang pahinga.

di kaya pag nasa practice na ako, mawala nako ng social life?

mga tax people!

i need your help.. I just want to ask kung san nakakakuha ng mga bir regulations, cta issuances and SC decisions for tax cases.. I had previous tax experience in one of the big firms before and i want to be updated sna ulit with the new issuances now that I am now in private practice..  Thanks!

BIR has a website... where the regulations etc are placed and posted by year of issuances. The site is www.bir.gov.ph

For seminars and updates you might want to call up TSRC (Tax Studies and Research Center). They conduct regular seminars and updates for a fee of course on Tax, Accounting, SEC etc matters. Just PM me if you want to get the phone number of TSRC. It's against MTC rules to post numbers here.

Hope this help!

di ba madaling mamatay mga accountant? hahaha. sobrang stressful. nakikita ko mga kaibigan ko yung kotse parang isang malaking filing cabinet, trabaho maghapon, aral sa gabi, tulog lang pahinga.

di kaya pag nasa practice na ako, mawala nako ng social life?

Pre, depende yan sa priorities mo :cool: . I'm a CPA Lawyer but I still find some time to figure out how to relax and unwind. Hopefully, I don't die early because of my nightlife. :)

• 1 month later...

hi :)

just wanna ask po kung auditor ka ba ng isang company, kelangan ba graduate ka ng accounting or any related course to do the job? or the company can hire any college degree holder and train them to be their auditors...problem po kse, we are engage in a franchise business & everytime audit namin, we ask our auditors kung graduate ba sila ng accounting, but unfortunately, mas marami ang hindi, kya most of the time pag me questions kme re audit e walang magandang sagot sa min and most of the time din short kme...

tnx & good day to all! :wub: