Accountants\finance\auditors Etc.

took and passed level 1 exams back in october 2005...and never took the other exams to date...meron po bang possibility na ma-invalidate yung level 1 exam ko if i don't take the october 2007 exams?

Are you sure? Because the CIA exams are always scheduled May and November, never in October... are you referring to the CIA Exams or the CFA Exams?

AFAIK, two years lang talaga ang allowed to complete the whole CIA exam but it may be good for you to check it out with the local organization here. baka may paraan pa to get around this rule.

http://www.iia-p.org/

also, i heard that the exams are gonna be done online starting next year. something to consider also.

Are you sure? Because the CIA exams are always scheduled May and November, never in October... are you referring to the CIA Exams or the CFA Exams?

AFAIK, two years lang talaga ang allowed to complete the whole CIA exam but it may be good for you to check it out with the local organization here. baka may paraan pa to get around this rule.

http://www.iia-p.org/

also, i heard that the exams are gonna be done online starting next year. something to consider also.

november nga siguro.

best to call na lang...thanks...

guys, our company is looking for an accounting software, applicable in companies engaged in services and trading. parang multi company type na software.please send me a pm.

IMHO, it's never a good idea to get an off-the-shelf accounting software especially here in the philippines. Usually, you will end up with more problems than the ones you started with (the ones you wanted to solve by getting the software).

It may be better to look for a programmer and simply create one that suits your needs. Just my opinion though.

• 2 weeks later...
just to confirm:

is it true that as an individual taxpayer, i can use yung mga receipts ng mga purchases ko na taxable para mapababa ang tax ko every year?

that depends on the source of your income...

if you are running a business of your own, then these receipts will come in handy. but of course, these receipts should be related to your business. if you have a sari-sari store, for instance, your receipts for trhe goods sold in your store are definitely necessary to prove your purchases account. your gasoline receipts are also necessary if you want to claim transportation expenses for your goods.

but if you are a salaried employee, then those receipts will not do anything to help. your taxes have already been withheld and your tax range depends on whether you're single, head of the family or married.... i also remember something about certain specific expenses being deductible from an individual taxpayer (medical expenses yata) but up to a certain limit only (i think up to P1,200 per year?) so it's not that helpful really.

how about myob? seems to work fine for my businesses.

good for you. MYOB is also another off-the-shelf package and it works for some businesses that aren't too complicated. in my experience though, even relatively simple businesses eventually grow and become more complex as time goes and MYOB isn't able to handle these changes well.

if you are using MYOB, able to maximize it without having to refer to another spreadsheet (manual or electronic) then you've got a good match already. you're luckier than most businesses i know.. :thumbsupsmiley:

but if you're using MYOB and still, you keep referring to your spreadsheets and using other systems to keep up with the accounting requirements of your business, then you might consider looking for a customized software for your needs.

:mtc:

that depends on the source of your income...

if you are running a business of your own, then these receipts will come in handy. but of course, these receipts should be related to your business. if you have a sari-sari store, for instance, your receipts for trhe goods sold in your store are definitely necessary to prove your purchases account. your gasoline receipts are also necessary if you want to claim transportation expenses for your goods.

but if you are a salaried employee, then those receipts will not do anything to help. your taxes have already been withheld and your tax range depends on whether you're single, head of the family or married.... i also remember something about certain specific expenses being deductible from an individual taxpayer (medical expenses yata) but up to a certain limit only (i think up to P1,200 per year?) so it's not that helpful really.

health insurance premiums...yata yung 1,200.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We have a business which is not doing good and would like to consult with a financial and development consultant. What we have is prime property which could be developed into a subdivision if the technical analysis determines that the current use for which we are devoting the property is not viable anymore. Can anyone give options on what firms provide this service? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
good for you. MYOB is also another off-the-shelf package and it works for some businesses that aren't too complicated. in my experience though, even relatively simple businesses eventually grow and become more complex as time goes and MYOB isn't able to handle these changes well.

if you are using MYOB, able to maximize it without having to refer to another spreadsheet (manual or electronic) then you've got a good match already. you're luckier than most businesses i know.. :thumbsupsmiley:

but if you're using MYOB and still, you keep referring to your spreadsheets and using other systems to keep up with the accounting requirements of your business, then you might consider looking for a customized software for your needs.

:mtc:

ok lng gumamit ng off the shelf n accounting software provided ok ung pag set up ng mga account names, ledger at sub ledger, reports, at summaries, para maximize u ung system n nabili u. Karaniwan nman ng of the shelf system flexible eh basta alam u gamitin to.

maganda hingi k ng advice s accountant n gumagamit ng system n un, para m pattern nya ung system n gagamitin u s requirement u s negosyo mo.

We have a business which is not doing good and would like to consult with a financial and development consultant. What we have is prime property which could be developed into a subdivision if the technical analysis determines that the current use for which we are devoting the property is not viable anymore. Can anyone give options on what firms provide this service? Thanks.

Depending on the size of the property, reputable CPA firms such as SGV & Co. provide this service.

Do they provide consultancy for options on what to do with the property? I'm pretty sure the property is not viable for what it is being used for anymore because its net return on value of the property is less than 1% annually so I would need more information on what to do with it. Its a pretty substantial property.

REESE,

It takes 2 to tango. There will be no corrupt person if one doesn't allow it to happen. Kung walang magsusuhol, walang masusuhol. Sadly, Phil. is among the top ten corrupt countries in Asia and 11th, I think, in the world. Sad but this is a fact. Question lang is, can we be able to get over this and move on to a better situation?

Peace........... :)

actually dito sa pilipinas, intentional ang corruption. mapipilitan kang magsuhol dahil pinapahirapan nila ang sistema. so ikaw, gusto mong mapabilis, kailangan magpadulas kasi mas mabilis kasi mararating ang paroroonan kung dudulas ka imbes na maglakad, hehehe

I think, yung corruption, mahirap ng sugpuin yan, kahit yung ipapasang anti-red tape law, di kayang pigilan ang corruption dito, kasi sa dami ng factors na very existing dito sa pilipinas

Do they provide consultancy for options on what to do with the property? I'm pretty sure the property is not viable for what it is being used for anymore because its net return on value of the property is less than 1% annually so I would need more information on what to do with it. Its a pretty substantial property.

Depending on the scope of work, they do provide options, along with financial projections under each option.

actually dito sa pilipinas, intentional ang corruption. mapipilitan kang magsuhol dahil pinapahirapan nila ang sistema. so ikaw, gusto mong mapabilis, kailangan magpadulas kasi mas mabilis kasi mararating ang paroroonan kung dudulas ka imbes na maglakad, hehehe

I think, yung corruption, mahirap ng sugpuin yan, kahit yung ipapasang anti-red tape law, di kayang pigilan ang corruption dito, kasi sa dami ng factors na very existing dito sa pilipinas

hey!

i didn't think anyone noticed my comment there.

as with the other countries that are corrupt, yes johncastle, it takes two to tango. kung alang papatol, alang mag-aalok.

to disagree with jackbrng, i don't think people really intend to go corrupt on doing any business. it a matter of need.

that's why i am happy with what i do now, i get to stick with the ideals i have learned from school

:evil:

Actually there's two kind of corruption

1st is greases money, more like pampadulas two quick up the process, like application, renewals and such.

now its up to you if you want go this route or just wait for the normal procees. basically to me this is find.

2nd is the one use by officials or people in power, were they use their privilige and authority to gain money, property and

wealth. Now this is basically wrong but if they can improve our society and our country in general, I don't see any reason

they should't be rewarded for their effort and success.

The big BUT is do they improve our country or not

Do you think BIR will accept an ITR on your interest income from the bank and Income from stock trading gains? I know all the taxes one earned from these transactions are withheld and no need to file a return but everytime I want to apply for a credit card, they always require a ITR to check my income status.

Do you think BIR will accept an ITR on your interest income from the bank and Income from stock trading gains? I know all the taxes one earned from these transactions are withheld and no need to file a return but everytime I want to apply for a credit card, they always require a ITR to check my income status.

Is this your only source of income (i.e. interest income and income from stocks)? you're right, these incomes are witheld at source and they are final withholding taxes meaning taxes withheld represent income taxes from these income. As per BIR Tax Code, di na kailangan ng ITR to report your income. Pero as per credit card application, may advise is request from the source of your income, like the bank, for a Certificate of Creditable Tax Withheld at Source, this was use in lieu of income tax return. This certificate reflect your income and tax withheld or paid.

If you had other source of income, you still need to prepare an ITR but excluding your income from interest and stock trading gains. Also you should not include expenses incur in relation to these 2 income sources.

hey!

i didn't think anyone noticed my comment there.

as with the other countries that are corrupt, yes johncastle, it takes two to tango. kung alang papatol, alang mag-aalok.

to disagree with jackbrng, i don't think people really intend to go corrupt on doing any business. it a matter of need.

that's why i am happy with what i do now, i get to stick with the ideals i have learned from school

:evil:

yeah you're right, they dont have intention to go corrupt and my remarks regarding this topic is not absolute. Although, yung mga baguhan sa trabaho sa gobyerno sa una walang intensyon pero may idea na sila sa kalakaran sa gobyerno at itong idea ang magiging foundation ng attitude nila sa trabaho.

come to think of it, mababa ang sahod sa gobyerno pero marami may gusto ang makapasok sa gobyerno at masaya sila pag nakapasok sila sa gobyerno dahil alam nila ang opportunity sa gobyerno. Itong opportunity ay hindi dahil sa dagdag sahod kung gagandahan nila ang trabaho kung hindi ay yung nakukuha sa ibang tao.

I dont think its a matter of need. Grease money did'nt always go to the needs of a person. It is always spend on their "luho". Why do rank and file employee, manage to support two families (may kabit sila!) Bakit naka SUV sila? Bakit nakaka-rubbing elbows mo sila sa BORA, sa ABROAD? Is this "THE NEED"? di ko nilalahat, im refering to the "ROTTEN ONES", nasasabit lang ang iba dahil sa sobrang dami na nila. Try to go to any government agency, randomly choose the staff you want to transact with, offer him/her money, I bet you, 80 to 90% ng makakausap mo tatanggapin offer mo.

Congrats and Good Luck! sana di maapektuhan ng nakapaligid sa yo ang mga ideals mo

Edited by jackbrng
  • 1 month later...
Guest Dobermaxx

Hi guys, I need a freelance accountant/bookeeper for my office. Just someone who can come in twice a month to do the books and payroll. If you guys can recommend anyone i'd really appreciate it. :)