Accountants\finance\auditors Etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest buru_tus
anyone here tried taking the CIA (certified internal auditor), CMA (certified management accountant), CFA (certified financial accountant) exams???  how do you apply for these exams? when are the exams being given?

I'm currently studying for my CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, UK) Certification

You can register online and they will provide where you can buy learning materials!!!

for CIMA, it's a four level exams

first is a computer based assesment exam, here in the Asia Pacific region, you can take the exam at Hongkong, Singapore and Malaysia, anytime of the year

for the next 3, exams are being held twice a year, May and November, usually at British Council premises

Edited by buru_tus
  • 3 weeks later...
anyone here tried taking the CIA (certified internal auditor), CMA (certified management accountant), CFA (certified financial accountant) exams???  how do you apply for these exams? when are the exams being given?

Henyotic,

The CIA exams are offered twice a year. (May and November) I suggest that you check out the Institute of Internal Auditor's (IIA) website at www.theiia.org for all the information you will need to take the CIA examinations. It not only offers information on US-based examinations but also exams that are given in member countries. Check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
Good day!!!

Do you know that if your a CPA in Philippines you are also a CPA in the State of Texas?

They call it reciprocity.

So all Phil. CPAs can now practice in Texas but only in Texas.

I don't think that Philippine CPAs have been granted reciprocity. The last thing I heard was that the PICPA was pushing for this pero no decision has been handed down by the National Association of States Board of Accountancy (NASBA).

hi accountants,

need help. say mag aacquire ka ng company through asset purchase and stock purchase, pweede bang ang entrada is Dr cash, Dr development, Cr paid in cap? if not, what is the proper treatment/entry for this transaction.

sana mapansin agad ito. medjo urgent e.

salamat. :mtc:

hi accountants,

need help.  say mag aacquire ka ng company through asset purchase and stock purchase, pweede bang ang entrada is Dr cash, Dr development, Cr paid in cap? if not, what is the proper treatment/entry for this transaction.

sana mapansin agad ito. medjo urgent e.

salamat.  :mtc:

If the purchase of a company involves a cash payment AND issuance of stock:

DR Asset accounts (Land, Building, Office Equipment, Furniture & Fixtures, etc.)

CR Cash (for the amount of cash paid out)

CR Common Stock (par value of the company's stock)

CR Additional Paid-in Capital (amount in excess of the par value of the company's stock)

I hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
Sa isang External Auditor, kulang pa ang pagiging graduate ng Accounting degree, dapat licensed ka.

Bawal ang mag-external audit na walang license, ok?... :grr:

Ngayon, meron din tayong mga internal auditors. These people are hired by the company themselves. Preferably, licensed din dapat sila. Pero sakaling hindi afford ng company, the practice is they hire non-CPA's, to the extent that they hire non-accounting majors. :goatee:

Actually, pwede maging external auditor ang isang non cpa...ang hinde puede ay yung pumirma ng Auditor's Report nang walang license - which you get once you pass the board exams...

Sige nga... magbigay ka ng instance na kung saan naging credible ang opinion ng isang non-CPA...

Meron din tayong Accountancy Law at Code of Ethics na puwede mong basahin bago ka magpost ng ganyan...  :P

masyado namang mabagsik ang dating mo...

non cpas can never issue an opinion - malinaw yan...pero walang batas na nagsasabi na pag di ka pumasa sa board exams, di ka puedeng mag practice.

auditing firms even employ lawyers, statisticians, and even programmers and software developers to cover those areas not within our specialization...

Ei there!

I graduated from Letran College BS-Accountacy with honors back in 1995….took and passed the CPA exams that same year.

Got my first job with Ayala Corp….but it didn’t work that well so after 5 months…I was hired by an Ayala subsidiary…. and spent a good 6 six years in the accounting department….err if there such a thing as an acctg dept…its just the CFO and me….the title I had was Accounting Assistant but I handled the entire accounting function plus a few systems development here and there….I requested for the title Accounting Supervisor since there used to be one before I came…..but they never granted me that position.  To make matters worse, they never hired me an assistant.

I left the company in August 2002….and currently working for a UN organization as an assistant.  The pay is excellent but Im more of an encoder here than a CPA.  If there’s anything in my job that is as close to accounting……Its system troubleshooting and report generation.  Since we don’t account for taxes,  I’m so dumb about taxation anymore, I dunno where to start….I used to be so good in this area.

At 31 and with 10 years of experience, I realized I lost a lot of time and wasted talent.  I dunno where I’m going from here.  All my CPA batchmates are either BIR assessors, managers or have moved to another country.  I could have done the same thing years back, but being a breadwinner kinda limits your options don’t they?

If given a chance, I would really love to move and permanently reside in another country….perhaps in the US….but they mostly get their resources from Audit firms so that kinda sucks in my case.  I could get an MBA but honestly, I couldn’t afford it.  I guess things would have been different had the positions I worked for wasn’t always “assistant”.

I wrote this post in the hopes that someone may enlighten me as to what my options are and where do I start...  I want to move on with my life….maybe staying with my current company just to make ends meet while sidelining on a few accounting projects to keep abreast on developments.

Or…..maybe find work abroad….or just go do business or something…basta ewan.....feeling ko kasi......parang na-rape......for 10 years pagkatapos nun, you still have the same qualifications as when you first started to work.

try international organizations - unjobs.org - baka maka tsamba ka...

• 1 month later...
Sige nga... magbigay ka ng instance na kung saan naging credible ang opinion ng isang non-CPA...

Meron din tayong Accountancy Law at Code of Ethics na puwede mong basahin bago ka magpost ng ganyan... :P

auditing firms can employ non-cpas to do audit field work or carry out minimal supervisory jobs. Adding a CPA to your name does not mean that you are a good auditor. It all depends upon each individual performance. The non-CPA may opt to work with an auditing firm while getting his or her CPA qualification.

Actually, this is a good practice in most countries. New grads are hired for training before taking the examination. The auditing firm supports their review for the exams through paid leaves and financial assistance in their review. I think it is just in our country to which we give credit for a qualification as it was obtained rather than to the quality of how it was obtained. No offense to us CPAs who worked our asses off just to pass the exam on the first take.

However, if you want to move up the ladder, a CPA qualification is needed in every auditing firm. You need this to give credit to your opinion in a financial statement or any report issued by yourself or an auditing firm and as said earlier, regulatory requirement.

And take note, external audits should only be handled by accountants who knows the basic principles like debit and credit.

Ask lang po ako regarding taxation. What if i registered our company already (SEC and DTI only, wla business permit, and bir). for months it was nearly non-existent, then all of a sudden nagkaroon po ako ng client. it went too fast. in two weeks, we had a deal and na-execute po ang services.

Come payment time, wala na po ako mapakita recepit. would it be valid if after na ng transactions ako makakuha ng business permit at BIR?

Things were so quick - overlooking on the permits, or a business merely inactive.

What should we do? Thanks po.

Service oriented ang company.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just been to DTI yesterday to start registering a Business Name. I will be back there on Monday to continue. Wala daw one-day processing. How bureaucratic!

Anyhow, I have been planning to have sole-proprietorship business -- food cart or something (dealership, or distributorship). Then I started talking to people from all walks of life, asking opinions on different kinds of things. Of course, I always insert the business topic. Anyhow, today I talked to a manager in our office and asked him for his inputs as he also have several businesses. He told me that thigns were different during his time. He advised me to get the service of an accountant who can provide a project-based consulting for me to set up my business. Siya magtuturo on how to proceed with my plan. What to register with what agency. Give tips, etc. and also show me the ins and outs of trade using firsthand info, or so.

Anyway. Im looking for a legit accounting service entity who can provide professional consultation service, yung mura (o kahit libre kung gratis lang offer nya, goodwill perhaps?) lang kasi Im just starting. Pls PM me or email me at initnglaman@yahoo.com, YM id is hornystudph.

Thanks for reading. I'd appreciate those who'd reply with legit serious answers.

• 2 weeks later...
Ask lang po ako regarding taxation. What if i registered our company already (SEC and DTI only, wla business permit, and bir). for months it was nearly non-existent, then all of a sudden nagkaroon po ako ng client. it went too fast. in two weeks, we had a deal and na-execute po ang services.

Come payment time, wala na po ako mapakita recepit. would it be valid if after na ng transactions ako makakuha ng business permit at BIR?

Things were so quick - overlooking on the permits, or a business merely inactive.

What should we do? Thanks po.

Service oriented ang company.

ok na yon, libre na tax mo don, wala kang resibo eh, unless i-witheld ng client mo certain percentage sa service fee mo, don may record na ang bir sa transaction nyo, kasi pag-remit ng client mo ng withholding tax, magre-reflect ang income mo, pero kung one time lang naman yan at di kalakihan di ka na siguro papansinin ng bir, waste of time lang sa kanila yan, pero ayusin mo na agad papers mo, kailangan mo accountant, ako freelancer ako, pm mo name mo, contact number at makakatulong ako sa yo

Meron din tayong Accountancy Law at Code of Ethics na puwede mong basahin bago ka magpost ng ganyan... :P

mali ka dyan, hindi credebility ang question kundi technicality

let put it this way, compare mo newly passed CPA at experience Non-CPA, sino sa tingin mo makakapagbigay ng credible opinion? pinagkaiba lang naman nila ay lisensya, syempre common sense hindi pwede maging external auditor ang Non-CPA kasi sa batas kung sino pumirma ng auditors report ay sya ang may gawa ng audit, pero pwede pa rin maging part and Non-CPA sa external audit, ang papel lang ng Non-CPA ay field work o assistant ng CPA-Auditor sa data gathering, encoding, at madalas (sa philippine setting) external audit gawa ng Non-CPA, pirma na lang CPA.

dapat lahat ng accountants kesyo CPA o Non-CPA magkaisa, walang side comments na disciminating sa isang side.

ALL ACCOUNTANTS, UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all Entrepreneurs

Do you have problems with your accounting records, taxation and permits? Are you planning to hire a bookkeeper, liaison staff, accounting staff, and auditor? Let me share you our services.

ATA Services (short for Accounting Taxation Auditing Services) specializes in these fields. We have been in these services for 10 years and we cater mostly to micro businesses who can’t afford to pay higher retainers fee. We help these businesses to fix their problem with various government agencies such as BIR, LGU, DTI, SEC and other agencies that our business client should conformed with.

Our services are General Bookkeeping, Preparation of Financial statements Preparation and Filing of Tax Dues, Securing of Permits, Assisting client to their tax problem with BIR, Auditing of records for investigation of frauds within the client business, business consultation based on past accounting records and information dissemination regarding latest BIR, LGU or other Government agencies pronouncements. We also formulate accounting system that is appropriate to the nature of client business. In short we are accountant, liaison, auditor, and business consultant wrap into one, meaning you will save more on your payroll and employee benefit cost without sacrificing the quality of work.

If you have any question regarding accounting and taxation or if you are interested with services, please email me your full name, business name, nature of your business (please state if this is single proprietor, partnership, or corporation), your contact number and your queries at ata_services@yahoo.com and we will reply to you as soon as we got your email.

If Smart is "Simply Amazing", MTC is "MORE THAN AMAZING!"...

I really found home here!!! my work is here, my profession resides here, my fantasies, my hobbies, my ALL!!!

BTW guys, im a CPA, and ill be here everyday, so if you have some queries relevant to my profession, feel easy and free to reach me... :headsetsmiley: my heart feels good everytime my help is availed of... :thumbsupsmiley:

see you all around!!!

mali ka dyan, hindi credebility ang question kundi technicality

let put it this way, compare mo newly passed CPA at experience Non-CPA, sino sa tingin mo makakapagbigay ng credible opinion? pinagkaiba lang naman nila ay lisensya, syempre common sense hindi pwede maging external auditor ang Non-CPA kasi sa batas kung sino pumirma ng auditors report ay sya ang may gawa ng audit, pero pwede pa rin maging part and Non-CPA sa external audit, ang papel lang ng Non-CPA ay field work o assistant ng CPA-Auditor sa data gathering, encoding, at madalas (sa philippine setting) external audit gawa ng Non-CPA, pirma na lang CPA.

dapat lahat ng accountants kesyo CPA o Non-CPA magkaisa, walang side comments na disciminating sa isang side.

ALL ACCOUNTANTS, UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah dude!!! Let's all unite!!! We are all in love with the same something!!! Without us, business won't be moving!!! :heart:

• 2 weeks later...