Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

UFC heavyweights

first off very impressive ko win for cain over big nog, cain looked very sharp very focused. i'm super impressed. i think his punches is more powerful now than ever and his striking gets better every fight... more accurate more powerful.. look what he had done to his past 3 opponents rothwell,kongo and his latest victim big nog... those 3 guys are top heavyweights. he has shown his great cardio, good chin and resilience (reminds me of fedor) imo he's easily a top 5 hw. i'd like to see him fight mir. on the other hand the mir vs carwin fight, i got mir winning this one. i think shane carwin is overrated.. just look at his past 3 opponents. before he fought gabe gonzaga, he fought poor quality heavyweights then before he won against gabe, gabriel couldnt win against top level competition, gabe lost to werdum twice, lost to couture although he ko'd mirko crocop which i think he just got lucky. well ok gabe is good but just not on the same level as fedor,brock,mir,cain and 7 others :) well bottom line is shane is overrated. now frank mir, he is very resilient, since his brutal loss to brock he bounced back big time by destroying cheick kongo who cain couldnt finish. he has won 4 of his last 5 fights beating hardonk, lesnar, big nog then kongo losing only to lesnar on ufc 100. as for brock lesnar the ufc hw champ is slated to fight on july/august against the winner of the mir/carwin fight on ufc 111. i just wanted to see how brock bounces back after his miraculous recovery from diverticulitis.

mir vs carwin

mir by 1st rd tko! :thumbsupsmiley:

ano na bng next fight at sino, la na kase kameng sky, kaya di na updated?

si SPIDER silva may laban na ba?

GSP is next in UFC 111. he's finally back in action against dan hardy for the welterweight title

then there's the interim heavyweight title fight between shane carwin and frank mir. that should be another great fight.

not to mention fitch vs alves II. that should be an awesome fight also.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_111

UFC heavyweights

well ok gabe is good but just not on the same level as fedor,brock,mir,cain and 7 others :)

i wouldn't go so far as to include all those heavyweights in the same breath as the last emperor :P

i have fedor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>brock???cain>mir>carwin>gonzaga

one thing's for sure, there are lots of exciting fights coming up in the heavyweight div :thumbsupsmiley:

cheers!

And let us not forget, Carwin also has good wrestling, plus his ground and pound is quite nasty..

Yeah I have to agree with this... After Mir's Destruction of Chieck Kongo Everybody seems to be riding the Mir bandwagon and counting Shane Carwin out. People how many times do we have to say that this is MMA and anything can happen?

Chieck Kongo is a completely different animal from a Shane Carwin let us not forget that Mir was so confident in his standup against him because of two things one as he claimed he is (and proved it) a better boxer than him and two (which I think is the more important point that's being missed here) is because he knew Chieck was never ever gonna take him down. Had Kongo had some semblance of a respectable ground game Mir would have strategized differently for the fight.

Frank Mir if he's previous fights can show anything has 'lousy' takedown defense and sometimes this is due to the fact that he actually has himself taken down cause he is quite comfortable fighting off of his back. Brock got him down in 5 seconds in his first fight... got him down again in their rematch and I see a top level wrestler like a Carwin or Velasquez would still take him down easily in my opinion. I just haven't seen enough of the 'new' Frank Mir to prove otherwise. Well he's only had that match against Kongo after his latest strength and conditioning program to show for it and his takedown defense was never tested in that fight.

So what if Mir gets taken down... can he still use those 'fast hands' as some of you claim? And what if he gets pressed against the fence again in that modified half nelson type control Brock had him in can he still use his jiu-jitsu to nullify the ground and pound of a Shane Carwin who insiders claim can punch even harder than Brock Lesnar?? And even if Carwin did decide to get into a punch fest with Frank Mir does anybody here think he can guarantee a KO? Look at how similarly built Shane Carwin and Brock Lesnar is... huge head,with huge traps and a strong neck (from all those wrestling bridging exercises no doubt) and compare that with Chieck Kongo. We all know Frank wasn't even able to hurt Brock even with that vicious flying knee he gave him in the 2nd round of their rematch.

There are so many factors in play here that you simply can't point to a clear winner... As we keep stressing it is MMA and whoever gets to implement his game plan will probabbly become the winner apart from the few times we have seen a so-called 'lucky shot' make the difference.

Edited by geneticfreak
Guest megalodon
with better hands I see Mir winning over Carwin, but if his improved boxing doesn't show, he'd take a beating from Carwin a la Mir VS Brock 2

I see Mir submitting Carwin. I'm sure Frank wouldn't make the same mistake twice meaning getting pinned like he did against Lesnar.

Yeah I have to agree with this... After Mir's Destruction of Chieck Kongo Everybody seems to be riding the Mir bandwagon and counting Shane Carwin out. People how many times do we have to say that this is MMA and anything can happen?

Chieck Kongo is a completely different animal from a Shane Carwin let us not forget that Mir was so confident in his standup against him because of two things one as he claimed he is (and proved it) a better boxer than him and two (which I think is the more important point that's being missed here) is because he knew Chieck was never ever gonna take him down. Had Kongo had some semblance of a respectable ground game Mir would have strategized differently for the fight.

Good insight...

some things to consider... Carwin doesn't have good standup.. but, he has good wrestling and he has KO power in those hands (note: he knocked out Gonzaga with a grazing blow, now imagine if it had hit flush)

and as we all know, he's about the same size as Brock and we all know that Mir does have a tendency to get beaten via GNP...

the question is, how good is Carwin's sub defense

Oh, and pahabol lang... yes THIS IS MMA so we can expect surprises.... and AFAIK Carwin also has a purple (or is it brown) belt in BJJ... so he does have his basics down... and I've seen it countless times with my own two eyes ( and this is not just watching behind a monitor, this is from watching it live as a fan, as a cornerman, and as a fighter) what you see on paper may often not eb the case once the bell rings... I've seen wrestlers and grapplers out strike strikers... I've seen wrestlers getting taken down.. I've seen grapplers get submitted by non grapplers

Mir on his back is more dangerous than Mir standing up!!! :hypocritesmiley:

As much I want GSP to beat the crap out of another loudmouth Brit fighter Dan Hardy! The Outlaw actually has a good chance on pulling the upset!

And Yes! Finally a win for the Axe Murderer! If it was Pride rules he would have stomped Bispings face when he got KO'd! Hehe... Sayang!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

I'm starting to think Brock is scared of carwin... and brock just doesn't want to loose the belt...

Mir was so out-of-line in his quote that he wants to see Lesnar to be the first fighter to die due to Octagon related injuries.. I mean, most people still sees this sport as too violent (NY has not even given license to MMA) and to have a comment like that would not help the cause. Not at all.

Mir is now really obsessed at avenging his humiliating loss to Lesnar. He would get his chance IF he beats Shane and does not get injured in the process or else Cain would take the title shot.

As much I want GSP to beat the crap out of another loudmouth Brit fighter Dan Hardy! The Outlaw actually has a good chance on pulling the upset!

The X-factor here will be... Is Hardy's takedown defense good enough to counter the world class wrestling of a GSP... remember guys Dan Hardy likes using a lot of kicks and those are openings for a takedown... Can he really keep the fight standing long enough to cause enough damage to GSP or Knock him out senseless.

pag nanalo si Junior Dos Santos kay Gonzaga, JDS vs Cain na, kase ung winner ng Carwin vs Mir ang mauunang lalaban kay Brock! i Hope JDS knocks the lights out of Brown Pride

That fight I would love to see. Junior is one of the heavyweights I think who could possibly match Cain Velasquez in terms of speed,explosiveness and striking accuracy. Similar to how Cain decimated Big Nog... Cigano did to Cro cop (beating him to the punch each and every time as Joe Rogan put it).

Cain's the more versatile striker though mixing in kicks effectively with his punches and let us not forget that he being the wrestler can choose where the fight goes and I would really really like to see just how good Cigano is on the mat (being a Noguiera disciple). Saka maganda nga cause it has that 'movie-esque' plot that being Cain beat his teacher Nog and Cigano would be out to avenge his teacher's loss. :thumbsupsmiley:

i wouldn't go so far as to include all those heavyweights in the same breath as the last emperor :P

i have fedor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>brock???cain>mir>carwin>gonzaga

one thing's for sure, there are lots of exciting fights coming up in the heavyweight div :thumbsupsmiley:

cheers!

yeah that's the reason why i mentioned fedor first and yeah brock... there are a lot of arguments about who would win between those two. you can argue about how great fedor is and how brock lacks experience but anything can happen inside the cage we'll never know unless fedor steps inside the octagon with lesnar. but for me... imho... fedor would win :thumbsupsmiley:

That fight I would love to see. Junior is one of the heavyweights I think who could possibly match Cain Velasquez in terms of speed,explosiveness and striking accuracy. Similar to how Cain decimated Big Nog... Cigano did to Cro cop (beating him to the punch each and every time as Joe Rogan put it).

Cain's the more versatile striker though mixing in kicks effectively with his punches and let us not forget that he being the wrestler can choose where the fight goes and I would really really like to see just how good Cigano is on the mat (being a Noguiera disciple). Saka maganda nga cause it has that 'movie-esque' plot that being Cain beat his teacher Nog and Cigano would be out to avenge his teacher's loss. :thumbsupsmiley:

as far as that match goes i just can't wait to see them fight i really don't know who's going to win but i'm more on cain's side on this one i'm just super excited to see this fight. :upside:

The X-factor here will be... Is Hardy's takedown defense good enough to counter the world class wrestling of a GSP... remember guys Dan Hardy likes using a lot of kicks and those are openings for a takedown... Can he really keep the fight standing long enough to cause enough damage to GSP or Knock him out senseless.

i don't think hardy will pose much of a threat against GSP. he is heavy handed yes but i doubt he'll be able to land a good shot before getting taken down first. looking at GSP's last 2 fights he fought superior strikers in penn and alves and was able to hold his own against them. not to mention penn and alves have waaaaaaaaaay better takedown defense than hardy. once hardy gets too aggressive standing up then we know where this fight is headed :D

Guest megalodon
i don't think hardy will pose much of a threat against GSP. he is heavy handed yes but i doubt he'll be able to land a good shot before getting taken down first. looking at GSP's last 2 fights he fought superior strikers in penn and alves and was able to hold his own against them. not to mention penn and alves have waaaaaaaaaay better takedown defense than hardy. once hardy gets too aggressive standing up then we know where this fight is headed :D

I agree. A GSP-Dan Henderson duke-out in the middleweight division is something I'd love to see. I doubt if GSP could impose his will against a wily and powerpunching fighter like Hendo.

I agree. A GSP-Dan Henderson duke-out in the middleweight division is something I'd love to see. I doubt if GSP could impose his will against a wily and powerpunching fighter like Hendo.

The only problem is Hendo signed with strikeforce so we have to wait til his contract expires first and GSp has to move up to 185... though I'd love to see tht fight, I'll be torn since they're two of my favorite fighters

Hardy is a big welterweight! Much bigger than GSP, so I dont see Hardy getting pushed to the fence and wear him down like what he did to BJ. And Hardy has the reach advantage in striking. Like I've said I want GSP to shut Hardy's mouth up but the Outlaw is for Real! Have to admit these Brit fighters are no pushovers! :hypocritesmiley:

Cain vs. JDS now thats what I want to see next! two fast rising stars go at it... and the revenge factor for NOG/ JDS! Hell Yeah! Pang Kung Fu movies ang dating! Hehehe... "I Need to avenge my Master" :thumbsupsmiley:

Guest megalodon
The only problem is Hendo signed with strikeforce so we have to wait til his contract expires first and GSp has to move up to 185... though I'd love to see tht fight, I'll be torn since they're two of my favorite fighters

Both are high caliber wrestlers and strikers that it will be difficult to predict a winner. Both are also extremely strong.