Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

If Bobby Lashley was truely signed by UFC, I think Lesnar-Lashley match-up is a good one. Both are physical specimens and decorated amateur grapplers.

When Lashley declared his intent to enter MMA, he was really green because he has no pro experience. When Brock was signed by the UFC he already had 1 pro fight, and the skill level if you ask me between the two of them is really a mile apart. Not to knock on Lashley, but D-I & D-III amateur wrestling is just too far.

I might be wrong, depends on how he'll fare in Strikeforce. Wag lang sya alagaan masyado, to the point na puro can lang ang ipapalaban sa kanya then he gets Fedor (or maybe King Mo) and Lashley gets destroyed.

Masters any news or history about Andrei "The Belorussian Pitbull" Arlovski?

An awesome striker/K.0. artist, why is he inactive with U.F.C.?

He was released by the UFC (at his request) after his last UFC fight against Jake O'Brien at 82. He was signed by Affliction & EliteXC soon after. His first 2 post-UFC fights were against Ben Rothwell (TKO, Affliction: Banned) & TUF Season 10 Winner/IFL Heavyweight Champion Roy Nelson (TKO, EliteXC: Heat), but he's currently on a 2-fight losing streak. Got KO'd by Fedor (Affliction: Day of Reckoning) & Rogers (Strikeforce: Lawler vs. Shields).

brock lesnar is eyeing a comeback.. :thumbsupsmiley:

At this point, he's already made a immensely successful comeback. As Sherdog.com contributor & physician Matt Pitt explains, Brock's career wasn't the only thing in jeopardy:

Diverticulitis is an infection involving the colon, generally the extreme end portion known as the distal and sigmoid colon. The normal course of the disease involves low-grade fevers, loose bloody stools and abdominal pain followed shortly by relatively easy diagnosis, treatment with oral antibiotics and swift recovery. A previously healthy individual would certainly be laid up for a week or so, and a professional fighter might be unfit for high-level training for as long as a month. But Lesnar's diverticulitis wasn't diagnosed early, and he was absolutely right when he stated on "SportsCenter" that he very nearly died.

The complication Lesnar suffered was a bowel perforation, a pus-forming infection eroding through the wall of the colon. If the perforation is contained, medical treatment and percutaneous drainage generally result in full recovery. If the perforation is not contained, if large volumes of pus and stool spill into the abdominal cavity, then emergency surgery is the only hope for survival and death is an expected outcome. At best a patient could expect to lose all or part of his colon and be incapacitated for years. It appears, from what Lesnar explained on "SportsCenter," that he was diagnosed on the razor-thin border between these two extremes.

If he had gone to surgery, all or part of the colon would have been removed. The healthy bowel would be diverted to a hole in the abdominal wall -- a "fistula" -- so stool could have been drained into a colostomy bag. After a period of recovery, taking many months, it's possible the colostomy could be reversed -- allowing normal function of the bowel -- but the recovery from this second surgery would again require several months. If reversing the colostomy were not feasible, Lesnar would have been bound to wear a colostomy bag for life; training for MMA, much less competing, would have been impossible.

I might be wrong, depends on how he'll fare in Strikeforce. Wag lang sya alagaan masyado, to the point na puro can lang ang ipapalaban sa kanya then he gets Fedor (or maybe King Mo) and Lashley gets destroyed.

Lashley just wants to pad his record first. He still does not have an opponent for Strikeforce in Miami event which is a week away. The first opponent that SF gave him was deemed as "not competitive" by the Florida State Athletic Commission. Can you say ultimate can? Next opponent that the FSAC approved was then erased for undisclosed reason. I believe the reason being the guy can beat Lashley.

Oh, here's one fight I'm REALLY looking forward to. UFC Fight Night 21: Kenny "KenFlo" Florian vs. "Fireball Kid" Takanori Gomi

Hell yeah! Awesome match-up. Now lets see where the level of LW outside the UFC really is. Was eager for this match-up, altough I would have love to see Hellboy against KenFLo.

Edited by G_sKiLLz
Tnx master, past prime na siguro si Arlovski kaya gumagawa na lang sya ng movies Universal Soldiers: Regeneration.

If Bobby Lashley was truely signed by UFC, I think Lesnar-Lashley match-up is a good one. Both are physical specimens and decorated amateur grapplers.

:thumbsupsmiley:

sino kayang makaka knock out kay anderson silva? hmmm

Floyd ricky hatton?!?

Lashley just wants to pad his record first. He still does not have an opponent for Strikeforce in Miami event which is a week away. The first opponent that SF gave him was deemed as "not competitive" by the Florida State Athletic Commission. Can you say ultimate can? Next opponent that the FSAC approved was then erased for undisclosed reason. I believe the reason being the guy can beat Lashley.

Hell yeah! Awesome match-up. Now lets see where the level of LW outside the UFC really is. Was eager for this match-up, altough I would have love to see Hellboy against KenFLo.

I'd love to see Shinya Aoki too, especially after he did a Brock Lesnar and flipped the Bird on Mizuto Hirota AFTER HE BROKE THE POOR GUY'S ARM on the DREAM/Sengoku Dynamite! show...

Ooh, I just found the Bentley of MMA shirts. Cage Potato calls this "The Most Insanely Awesome Fedor Shirt We May Actually Never Receive", and I agree:

http://cdn.cagepotato.com/www/sites/default/files/fedor_stary_oskol_tshirt.jpg

I'd love to see Shinya Aoki too, especially after he did a Brock Lesnar and flipped the Bird on Mizuto Hirota AFTER HE BROKE THE POOR GUY'S ARM on the DREAM/Sengoku Dynamite! show...

Ooh, I just found the Bentley of MMA shirts. Cage Potato calls this "The Most Insanely Awesome Fedor Shirt We May Actually Never Receive", and I agree:

http://cdn.cagepotato.com/www/sites/default/files/fedor_stary_oskol_tshirt.jpg

Awesome shirt!

StrikeForce na! Cyborg vs. Coenen! Hmm.... Hirap pumili ng panalo dito, kahit sino pwede!

Diaz vs. Zaromskis cloe one rin ito but I go for Diaz

Lawler v. Manhoef for sure someone going to sleep here

Lashely and Walker will win their SF/MMA debuts

:thumbsupsmiley:

Given na yung kela Lashley & Walker eh. Unless Wes Sims is in good enough shape to get Lashley gassed.

Lawler vs. Manhoef, damn it's hard to pick here. But I think I'll go with Manhoef (slightly) just because of Robbie's overreliance on his punches. Melvin's a really good kickboxer, teetering close to top tier K-1 level, and pag nakahanap sya ng opening using his kicks Robbie's going to sleep.

I'm picking Cyborg over Coenen, cuz Cyborg is on a different level IMO. Maybe next time SF will bring Megumi Fujii in to challenge her.

Sa Sherdog's "Pro's Pick", all 20 pros interviewed picked Nick Diaz over Zaromskis. I disagree on that one. We really haven't seen what Marius can do on the ground, but we definitely know he's a really good striker. When was the last time Nick faced a great striker with (maybe) an underrated ground game?

I'm picking Zaromskis over Diaz. That way, mas magiging logical ang Nick Diaz - KJ Noons rematch. Also, this will ensure Jay Hieron getting his well-deserved shot at the title. Hieron should've been the one challenging for the strap, but with Nick's issues with the CSAC and his medicinal marijuana use, walang nangyari.

Edited by SevenZeroFive

Strikeforce: Miami results are in!

Bobby Lashley def. Wes Sims TKO (strikes) 1R

Robbie Lawler def. Melvon Manhoef KO 1R - comeback win for Lawler, shades of Scott Smith's win over Cung Le

Herschel Walker def. Greg Nagy TKO (strikes) 3R - impressive debut for Walker, according to reports

Cris Cyborg def. Marloes Coenen TKO (strikes) 3R

Strikeforce Welterweight Championship Fight:

Nick Diaz © def. DREAM Welterweight Champion Marius Zaromskis KO 1R