Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Sad to say Vera has very low chance of winning, Bones is training in Greg Jackson's Camp >.<

you make it sound like it's an automatic win just because bones is trained by greg jackson. sure they say greg jackson is among the best coaches out there, but to say jones is gonna win because he's under greg jackson is just silly.

you make it sound like it's an automatic win just because bones is trained by greg jackson. sure they say greg jackson is among the best coaches out there, but to say jones is gonna win because he's under greg jackson is just silly.

that's why i said "very low chance" i didn't say it's an automatic win for bones. Imagine talent + skills of bones in no.1 mma camp, it's scary. And judging the last performances of Vera ~.~

that's why i said "very low chance" i didn't say it's an automatic win for bones. Imagine talent + skills of bones in no.1 mma camp, it's scary. And judging the last performances of Vera ~.~

Brandon Vera has been in the same situation as Jon Jones is in right now. if the old Vera shows up, then we'd see a fight a la Big Tim VS Brandon Vera (but this time around Sylvia is Brandon Vera) ^_^

i agree completely. talent wise jones is up there, not to mention he's pure class. but what intrigues me about this fight is the wrestling aspect of it. we all saw how bones jones threw around the likes of bonnar, o'brien, hamill like they were nothing, so i'd like to see how easily he is able to do the same to vera. but then again vera showed excellent wrestling against couture so we'll just have to wait and see. i would think vera has the edge in the standup dept. though.

Yep Brandon definitely does have the advantage in the standup... however his kind of standup might just get him in trouble precisely because of Bones Jones' caliber of wrestling. Brandon likes to throw a lot of kicks and as always these will leave him vulnerable to the takedown. And oh... Matt Hammil might have just come from a division 3 NCAA school but he is still a former national champion wrestler in college and being able to take him down is quite a mean feat in itself.

The way I see it Brandon has to do what Chuck Lidell did in his rematch with Randy Couture and that is create angles in the octagon and fire off timely shots with his hands (and maybe with his feet sometimes), hopefully if he does this enough he'll eventually score a KO... 'hopefully' hehe.

as for the topic.. any news on fedor mga friends??

Aside from a rumor that he's gonna face Yoshida at his ASTRA retirement show, everybody's still waiting for confirmation if Fedor will fight Werdum on the April 17 Nashville card (alongside Shields vs. Hendo) or, according to his leech manager Vadim, "early in May".

As for Vera vs. Jones, of course I'm rooting for Brandon no doubt. The Couture fight showed me hints of what he can do against top level wrestlers (though he wasn't able to pull the trigger, which was the most important thing), and now all he needs to do is to negate Jonny Bones' wild striking style with some old school MT magic.

From Sherdog:

"Vera Vs Jones

Round 1

Jones immediately trips Vera to the floor. Jones punches the body with his left hand from his opponent’s guard. Vera kicks Jones off and stands to his feet. Jones backs Vera up to the cage and gets a single after failing on a quick-trip attempt. Vera lands an elbow from his back in guard. Jones elbows the head while Vera tries to control both wrists. Vera throws an upkick with his left foot as Jones had a knee on the floor. Referee Herb Dean takes a point and asks Jones if he wants his position back on the floor. “Yes sir,” says Jones. The fight is restarted back in Vera’s closed guard. Jones is warned for thumbing Vera in the throat. Jones lands a hard elbow right on the right eye of his foe. Vera is hurt and he rolls away and turtles to avoid contact. Jones finishes with punches as Dean calls a halt to the bout at the 3:19 mark. "

Also from Sherdog:

"Junior dos Santos vs. Gabriel Gonzaga

Round 1

Gonzaga lands a low kick. It’s the only strike thrown in the first 58 seconds. Dos Santos lands a straight left to the body. Gonzaga trips dos Santos to the floor, but he can’t hold him down. Dos Santos goes back to the body with two straight lefts. Dos Santos goes to the midsection again and scores. The fighters trade head kicks that just miss. Gonzaga eats a right hand as he attempts a low kick to the left leg. Gonzaga steps forward to kick the body with his left leg and dos Santos perfectly counters with a left hook. Gonzaga falls and dos Santos pounces with punches from both hands until the lights go out. Referee Josh Rosenthal saves Gonzaga at 3:53 of the opening period."

Edited by jkarbb5