Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

hi im looking for a arts/graphics designer or anybody that can put an ideal design for "The Rock" - btw The Rock is a label which i will be using on my sports apparell line. I want something that signifies strength and firmness! Im into MMA but im quiet open to any ideas - you can submit your entry @ andy_fitnessme@yahoo.com or add my ym account and pm me for further details @ bruticus_maximus2000@yahoo.com. I'll be giving away 250 usd for the chosen design. hope you guys can help me. thanx

Guys one more thing! make sure the design is all original! Not patented to any existing company worldwide!

I'd like to see that fight but mukang bugbog si GSP coz the spider is just way too long and GSP would not be able to take him down coz of the spider's length.

On the contrary In pure wrestling someone with long legs is prone to single leg snatches. In MMA if you add the cage and the fact that GSP is very good at pressing people up against the cage as he did with Penn and Alves (to either tire an opponent out or setup a takedown) and the fact that Anderson likes throwing kicks, GSP will have a lot of chances to take Anderson down. The only question would be is he willing to take a lil punishment to get within range for a takedown.

Thank you Dan for finally shutting up Bisping. :thumbsupsmiley:

And Brock though he is a heel executed the gameplan perfectly. He went ala Randy the Natural Couture. He based up in Frank Mir's halfguard and had him pressed against the fence and made him eat leather. The fence did not allow Mir to use his hips to setup any submissions, sweeps or escapes. In the first round he also had what was almost a half nelson like control over Mir's nape that with his weight was a perfect counter to Mir's guard game.

It was a wrestlers' night at UFC 100. Fitch, Bones Jones, Hendo, Brock, GSP and even hall of famer Mark Coleman getting W's.

^^^

But I agree Lesnar acted like a thug, and not as a fighter. Even a trash talking punk like mayweather knows how to show gesture of sportsmanship. He really should not bring his WWE antics into the octagon. I can never understand how people tought he deserved a shot at the title after 3 fights, with one of them lost to frank mir. Lumaki agad ulo ng taong ito, komo wala naman talagang magagaling masyado sa heavyweight divsion ng UFC.

I hope White can sign up fedor. I cant wait to see fedor whoop this guys ass

^^ Sad as it may seem, but IMO there is no other HW aside from Fedor that can stand with Brock.. Mir cannot move when there is a 280+ pound gorilla laying on top of him.. His jiu jitsu was nullified..

Maybe Fedor can, Overeem probably not, Brett Rogers? if he can get a lucky punch in, same goes with Carwin, Velasquez wrestling would look like amateur, definitely not chubby Barnett, Big Ben Rothwell, Mighty Mo perhaps, Arlovski and Sylvia have entered the retirement house..

Who else? But hell, it's MMA! Anything can and will happen. That's what's beautiful about it..

Well which gym are you talking about bro? He had a gym back then along aurora blvd cor harvard (nagturo pa nga ako dito together with philippine team member violeto agustin) yun wala na talaga hindi niya ata na-honor yung dapat na revenue napagkasunduan nila ng financier niya. tapos he also had gym in monumento na sarado na din. The gym in Anonas is still active though... I know cause some of his students train with us at UP naman for wrestling and submission grappling.

nabasa ko sa kabilang forum (alam mona to chief, yung mma forum ng pinas) na binebenta yung equipment nung boxing gym nya, eto ba yung sarado na sinasabi mo?

Brutal win for hendo, KO cold si Bisping... What else can i say to GSP? bring on the spider!!! Brock is the man, mismatch talaga si Mir!!!

http://i25.tinypic.com/2vbu49l.jpg

hehehe reminds me of the diving punches in PRIDE ^_^

ewan ko lang talaga kung bakit panay ang circle left ni Bisping eh papunta sa nakakasang right ni Hendo yun

nga pala napansin ko ampayat ni Bisping pera sa laban na to

Class means being a sport. Doesn't matter whether the fighter wins by a mile or lost by a trip. It's how someone composes himself win or lose. Definitely a dominating win by Brock, no argues. But after the match, dissing out the sponsors is uncalled for. He did apologize at the post fight interview but heck, damage has been done.

As for you, just look at how you construct your sentence. Using text lingo in a forum where you have every space that you have for each letter. What a zero. Just a big zero.

well, it's different strokes for different folks bro, that why Tito Ortiz had lots of fans during his time ^_^

i don't think Brock's antics will hurt MMA as a sport, it just built him a lot of attitude ^_^ now the next fighter fighting him will think twice before poking at the bear pre fight ^_^

On the contrary In pure wrestling someone with long legs is prone to single leg snatches. In MMA if you add the cage and the fact that GSP is very good at pressing people up against the cage as he did with Penn and Alves (to either tire an opponent out or setup a takedown) and the fact that Anderson likes throwing kicks, GSP will have a lot of chances to take Anderson down. The only question would be is he willing to take a lil punishment to get within range for a takedown.

And Brock though he is a heel executed the gameplan perfectly. He went ala Randy the Natural Couture. He based up in Frank Mir's halfguard and had him pressed against the fence and made him eat leather. The fence did not allow Mir to use his hips to setup any submissions, sweeps or escapes. In the first round he also had what was almost a half nelson like control over Mir's nape that with his weight was a perfect counter to Mir's guard game.

It was a wrestlers' night at UFC 100. Fitch, Bones Jones, Hendo, Brock, GSP and even hall of famer Mark Coleman getting W's.

GSP really had superb takedowns, he made it look easy to takedown a larger dude with the risk of getting caught by a knee or a kick, imbes na siya magalangan si Alves ang nagalangan sumipa, but to give crdit to Alves, if he improves his ground game he could really be something else in the 170 pound division

on the Brock fight, the way Brock controlled Franks head ang wrist in the first spelled the difference, basag kaagad mukha nya, yup it looked like a half nelson akbay akbay nya sa ground si Mir, cotrolling his neck and head position tapos the other hand would control his wrist and then throw a "lunchbox" to Mir's face. i liked the way he did body-body-face in that position, nasaktan talaga si Mir

tapos on the 2nd round really good gameplan on not really committing with a striking battle against Mir, took him down against the cage pressed him up there para walang galaw ang hips to sweep then, laid a pounding on Frank's face...

i was rooting for Mir to win, kaso i felt happy that Brock also won that fight, sweet revenge eka nga nila, the smack talk after the win is just icing on the cake ^_^

hey he won the fight, let him talk smack all he wants he deserves that ^_^ magsasawa din naman yan eh ^_^

^^ Sad as it may seem, but IMO there is no other HW aside from Fedor that can stand with Brock.. Mir cannot move when there is a 280+ pound gorilla laying on top of him.. His jiu jitsu was nullified..

Maybe Fedor can, Overeem probably not, Brett Rogers? if he can get a lucky punch in, same goes with Carwin, Velasquez wrestling would look like amateur, definitely not chubby Barnett, Big Ben Rothwell, Mighty Mo perhaps, Arlovski and Sylvia have entered the retirement house..

Who else? But hell, it's MMA! Anything can and will happen. That's what's beautiful about it..

Thats right, that is the beauty of MMA. Look at the cotoure silva match up. Coutoure dominated the maniac in both standing and ground fights. and to thinks that silva is twice the size of cotoure.

bout bobby lashley to fight lesnar?, di rin ata match, strength wise, but agile sila pareho.

Brock uses his size so much that a guy as big as him should be the next opponent...

have to watch the reply later!..

as expected, brock & GSP dominated their opponents!.. kudos also to hendo!..

Bro kinulang ka ng A as vit a.... hehehe

Bisping reminds me of Hatton. Parehas silang taga Manchester at parehas silang natulog after 2 rounds.

Durog ang mukha ni Frank Mir, pero walang class ang pinakitang ugali ni Brock sa pagkapanalo nya.

^^^

But I agree Lesnar acted like a thug, and not as a fighter. Even a trash talking punk like mayweather knows how to show gesture of sportsmanship. He really should not bring his WWE antics into the octagon. I can never understand how people tought he deserved a shot at the title after 3 fights, with one of them lost to frank mir. Lumaki agad ulo ng taong ito, komo wala naman talagang magagaling masyado sa heavyweight divsion ng UFC.

Bro sa pagkaka-alam ko wala kc sportmanship sa wwe (acting play lang dun diba?) kaya cguro ganyan si white gorilla... or malamang dahil sa training hindi nya masundot ng white german frank anf kepkep ng misis nya... Still I agree withe rest of brock haters... he had no class... pati si mir na insulto rin eh... so it means its a low point for brock... Sombody really has to shut his mouth...

In case of bisping loud mouth.... brits are really talkative...mas madaldal talaga sila kumpara sa kano...

^^^

Yeah, Brock, I think got special treatment just because he's "big" at WWE. It's unfair to those fighters who had to fight through the pack just to earn a title shot. Sure he's got skills but getting a title shot with just 3 UFC fights? That's BS. I hope he gets knocked down & get shut up soon like what happened to Evans.

Guest megalodon

You have a point but if I were to bet on GSP vs. The Spider, I'd go for the Spider. As for Mir-Lesnar, Lesnar acted like an assh*le after the fight and showed no class. I think there should be a rubber match to settle the bad blood between them and to determine who's really better since it's 1-1. What I would like to see is Silva vs. Machida but that match is highly unlikely since they are buddies.

Edited by megalodon

You can blame Brock for not being the typical athlete na, kiss and make up after the trash talks,

some just have the attitude thats its just a sport while some take it by heart.

may pag ka immature lang talaga,but maybe its his way to attract attention, a lot of people already plays the good guy, time to balance the equation.

will just have to wait for the right man to give bRock a hard time.

they do trash talk to hype up the fight, thats how it goes even in boxing.

just one thing,

when will this brits fighters would learn to respect they're opponent, they keep on throwing verbal jabs which they cannot back up come fight night.

it doesn't help them, and just add to the eagerness of they're opponent to keep they're mouth shouth.

bisping should learn from Hatton.

I wonder now what will they say after being shot cold.

to make it more fun, in comparison, bisping and Hatton.

1. Duration of Fight;

Hatton less than 6 minutes, Bisping less than 9 mins. I think

2. they're motivation;

Hatton believes his as fast as Pacman and the strongest he'll ever fought,

Bisping faster, and punch harder.

3. When the bell rings,

hatton the old brawler style, moves forward, little head movement,

Bisping circles around, he's doing good until for a moment, moves the left side towards the Right hand of Hendo.

4. Result;

Hatton down by a Left Hook, unconsious right after the punch connected,

Bisping, heads snap after a forcefull Right Hook, followed by a hammer fist. sweet.

5. Ending;

Both lying flat on their back, hatton slipping well on the center of the ring, forgot to set the alarm, while her fiance is screaming in disbelief,

while the funny thing with bisping is his right feet angled like he has suppered an epileptic attack.

maybe Hitman should be thankful that he's fellow brit supppered the same faith atleast the attention will be shifted.

Edited by boydapa11
they do trash talk to hype up the fight, thats how it goes even in boxing.

just one thing,

when will this brits fighters would learn to respect they're opponent, they keep on throwing verbal jabs which they cannot back up come fight night.

it doesn't help them, and just add to the eagerness of they're opponent to keep they're mouth shouth.

bisping should learn from Hatton.

I wonder now what will they say after being shot cold.

to make it more fun, in comparison, bisping and Hatton.

1. Duration of Fight;

Hatton less than 6 minutes, Bisping less than 9 mins. I think

2. they're motivation;

Hatton believes his as fast as Pacman and the strongest he'll ever fought,

Bisping faster, and punch harder.

3. When the bell rings,

hatton the old brawler style, moves forward, little head movement,

Bisping circles around, he's doing good until for a moment, moves the left side towards the Right hand of Hendo.

4. Result;

Hatton down by a Left Hook, unconsious right after the punch connected,

Bisping, heads snap after a forcefull Right Hook, followed by a hammer fist. sweet.

5. Ending;

Both lying flat on their back, hatton slipping well on the center of the ring, forgot to set the alarm, while her fiance is screaming in disbelief,

while the funny thing with bisping is his right feet angled like he has suppered an epileptic attack.

maybe Hitman should be thankful that he's fellow brit supppered the same faith atleast the attention will be shifted.

just to add..pareho yung style ng suntok na ibinigay nila pacman at hendo sa mga respective opponents nila kung napansin nyo. halos yumuko sila para makabwelo ng husto

Yeah, Brock, I think got special treatment just because he's "big" at WWE. It's unfair to those fighters who had to fight through the pack just to earn a title shot. Sure he's got skills but getting a title shot with just 3 UFC fights? That's BS. I hope he gets knocked down & get shut up soon like what happened to Evans.

It really is bullshit. Remember that Chuck Lidell had to pay a lot of dues before he got his crack at the title. He was already the top contender for the light heavy weight crown, but he had to step aside when dana white told him to, so that ortiz vs shamrock could happen. And after that fight ortiz tried his hardest to duck him.

3 fights, one of them is a loss, and he automatically becomes a ranked contender? Well kaya lumaki agad ulo nitong white gorilla na ito. What he needs is good old fashioned ass whooping from a much smaller guy. Im sure once he loses his title, he will also lose his ability to sell tickets. Not that the spectators do not want to see some prehype fueds, this has happened before and it sold tickets? Remember Ortiz vs shamrock? these two utterly hated each others gutts, but did show respect to each other when the fight ended.

GSP on the otherhand is one fighter who truly has mad skills, and class. He is both a gracious winner and a gracious loser. I remember when he lost the title to matt serra, he said after the post fight interview that he congratulates serra and he would not make excuses for his loss. The aparently they would face each other again in canada, and bad blood between the two would inevitably come before the fight. But after brutally beating serra, GSP in a gentleman like conduct, appealed to his canadian fans to applaud matt serra and give him his due respect. He would then publicly go on and say that he would gladly take another match with serra i n his home town.

The clear difference between a fighter and a thug

I think both were also trying to slip thru their opponents punches thus that kind of action before throwing the KO.

indeed it was a "slip thru punch". but a hard and deliberate punch! check out how hatton and bisping stiffened after receiving it..very similar

Edited by ray004
I think both were also trying to slip thru their opponents punches thus that kind of action before throwing the KO.

And the Henderson-Bisping match kinda reminds me of the Pacquiao-Hatton boxing fight. Only difference is that Hendo unleashed the right hand while The Count turned to his left (and he paid the price), while Pacman whipped a left hook right over the Hitman's chin.

He's already famous so the UFC is using he's popularity from WWE, but remember why WWE and Brock parted ways.

while being the Champ brock decided to leave the company to try out for NFL but when after he was not cut into the line up and was not given a chance, he once again try to negotiate with Vince but the later disagree for dishing it out in the middle of a good script.

so Dana should already know that brock is not the kind of person you could easily control.

and to be honest wala nman talagang match kay Brock sa UFC, thats why Dana is chasing at Fedor after hes schedule last contract fight with affliction.

Haven't seen fedor fight maybe search for him in youtube.

peace out.