Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

If only we can watch that here... Whew! Thats a coup de grace lineup... Im pretty sure that they will never come up with that again... Or come up with a production again, heheheh!

Next week, ILL WILL NA!!! I cant wait to see that... But first, I have some backreading to do...

WAR MMA!!!

I'd prefer Josh to win via tapout, seeing as how he's defended catch wrestling so passionately, even getting into a debate with Eddie Bravo on the UG Forums in the intricacies between BJJ & catch.

I realy don't see Lindland winning, but only because he's too preoccupied with his bid to run for congress in Oregon.

oh, & losing to Arlovski won't be that bad for Ben Rothwell. yes, Arlovski. nakahanap na ng kapalit si Dana para sa kanya e, puro prospects fro Arizona State's now-deceased wrestling program.

oh, & yay for Tito if he wins, & for some reason I want him to win. i never thought i'd say that, after all the BS he's done. i just wanna see Dana throw F-bombs from the time Tito wins 'til the PPV is over. LOL!

what will happen to tito ortiz,,dana white wants him out of the ufc..any news kay brandon?

^ he'll most definitely appear in some ProElite card. lots of great matches for him in store there. he can go to japan too and be a much more talented version of Bob Sapp.

Brandon's still training, getting ready for UFC 85 versus Fabricio Werdum. other than that, nothing much really.

Georges St. Pierre vs Jon Fitch UFC 87 fight set for main event

UFC 87: “Seek and Destroy” from the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minn., on August 9 has main event.

Welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre (16-2) will put his 170-pound strap on the line against top contender Jon Fitch (17-2), setting the stage for what should be an exciting showdown in the “North Star State.”

St. Pierre recently reclaimed the belt, defeating Matt Serra at UFC 83: “Serra vs. St. Pierre 2″ via second round technical knockout in front of a hometown crowd in Montreal, Canada, last month.

“Rush” — who is widely considered the top pound-for-pound mixed martial artist on the planet — has a ridiculous hit list inside the Octagon. He has been in against the best in the world such as Matt Hughes (three times), BJ Penn, Sean Sherk, Josh Koscheck and Jason Miller, among others, and has been successful.

His opponent, too, has had his share of success within the eight-sided cage. In fact, Fitch is undefeated in eight attempts, tying him with Royce Gracie for the most all-time consecutive UFC wins.

Fitch outlasted Chris Wilson at UFC 82: “Pride of a Champion” back in March, earning a unanimous decision nod from the judges. He boasts wins over Diego Sanchez, Thiago Alves and Brock Larson, among others, during a three-year stretch for the promotion.

It should be interesting to see how this fight unfolds — St. Pierre has made a point recently to beat his opponents at their strengths. And Fitch has a strong wrestling background.

Or will St. Pierre take the bait that Fitch served up recently, saying St. Pierre is now afraid to get knocked out after the loss to Serra in their first encounter.

I can already here the hype machine warming up with the sound byte.

The title bout between St. Pierre and Fitch will join the co-feature of the evening — a heavyweight clash between Brock Lesnar and a soon to be named opponent — recent Hall of Fame inductee, Mark Coleman, has been scratched from the bout because of an injury.

In other action, a lightweight eliminator match between Kenny Florian and Roger Huerta has been booked for the pay-per-view (PPV) to determine the top seed in the 155-pound division.

Stay tuned for more details.

Coleman injured, forced off UFC 87

Was this a blessing in disguise for the UFC and Brock Lesnar?

Mark “The Hammer” Coleman will no longer face Brock Lesnar in the UFC 87: “Seek and Destroy” co-main event after suffering a knee injury, according to UFC.com.

Minnesota product and former WWE wrestling superstar-turned mixed martial artist, Brock Lesnar, was to be showcased in a featured bout of the evening against Coleman, a recent Hall of Fame inductee and the first-ever UFC heavyweight champion.

Many fans groaned at the prospect of Lesnar taking on the elder statesman, seeing it as a mismatch to help Lesnar rebound from his submission loss during his debut against Frank Mir at UFC 81 back in February.

The UFC has promised to announce a replacement shortly.

While it’s fun to speculate that the UFC could pull a white rabbit out of its hat and announce the re-signing of deposed heavyweight Andrei Arlovski, it’s doubtful the UFC would risk Lesnar’s rising star with an opponent of that caliber.

Still, there is plenty of talent from which to choose. And depending on the choice, it could ultimately prove to be a better fight for Lesnar … and the fans.

Let the rumor mill begin swirling.

oh my god... damn, i was stopping myself from checking out some new news so that I'll have something to read while i'm at work, but damn that is 2 bombshells in one PPV!

GSP is rushing in (no pun intended) to his next fight, but i think it's ok cuz he really didn't sustain any damage against Serra. i like the Fitch-GSP matchup, a true champ vs. #1 contender match.

Tito will win that fight definitely, he's the hungrier MoFo and at the same time he wouldn't want to give Dana the last laugh

diba?

Bro, I thought:

hardtohandle, i guess i was wrong with machida, i reviewed his fights and damn he is brilliant! goes in for a strike or two

slides out of the way before his opponent lands a strike! damn fluid moves! hehehe watched his fight with Sokoudjou he was

bloody brilliant in that fight! imagine how Soku ktfo Nog in Pride 33, really came out strong but he never had the chance to

do the same with the Dragon!

galing pre, kaso medjo maliit siya for LHW, siguro magandang match siya for Spider Silva sa MW?

I really dont have a doubt that it will be Machida... First, he is really amazing and at the same time he wouldn't want Tito

to have the last laugh, hehehhe!

But I see him in a Catch-22 whatever the outcome of his fight with Tito will be. Because if he lose, he will be tagged as

overrated. And should he win, people will say that Tito's a has-been...

But honestly, this fight will definitely reveal how far can Lyoto go.

I really dont doubt him, the same way I dont doubt Anderson Silva and GSP whenever they're in the octagon... People will just realize what I'm saying and how great Machida actually is, once he mowed down the 205 division on the way to greatness...

My forecast will be:

Sherk, Wandy and Machida by decisions! heheheh! (But I believe Lyoto will humiliate Tito on his way out of the UFC, so, there is a possibility of a Lyoto by submission)

Edited by hardtohandle

BROCK LESNAR vs. HEATH HERRING @ UFC 87 CONFIRMED!

MMAWeekly.com has confirmed that Heath Herring has agreed to fight Brock Lesnar at UFC 87 on Aug. 9 when the Ultimate Fighting Championship makes its debut in Minneapolis, Minn.

Lesnar was originally slated to face UFC Hall of Famer Mark Coleman in the main event of UFC 87. Coleman, however, suffered a torn medial collateral ligament in training, which will sideline him for at least six weeks. He was forced to withdraw from the bout with Lesnar due to the injury.

Herring has been on a roller coaster ride since his UFC debut in January of 2007. The former Pride heavyweight title contender has gone 2-2 in the Octagon, most recently defeating Cheick Kongo at UFC 82 in Columbus, Ohio.

Lesnar had a less than stellar Octagon debut, losing to former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir via kneebar at UFC 81 in Las Vegas earlier this year.

With the withdrawal of Coleman, the UFC acted swiftly, signing a new main event bout with welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre, fresh off winning the title at UFC 82, making the first defense of his second reign as champion when he faces No. 1 contender Jon Fitch.

Roger Huerta and Kenny Florian will also square off at UFC 87. The bout, according to the promotion’s president, Dana White, will likely decide the next contender to the UFC lightweight title being contested on Saturday night at UFC 84 between current champion B.J. Penn and former champion Sean Sherk.