Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

l almost miss the fight due to delayed flight last nite. mabute nalang naabutan ko main event na.

superp performance by GSP. outstanding strikes, take down, up and down offense defense. litong lito si MS. Thats mixed martial arts. all out attacks, superman punch, hi kicks low kicks, elbows and fatal Knees.. :cool:

The New 170lb Champ

http://i29.tinypic.com/27zdgki.jpg

The humbled and defeated MS

http://i32.tinypic.com/x0u39i.jpg

This was the finish of the fight.

http://i25.tinypic.com/vscmet.jpg

Fedor is also good at stand up btw. that's how he broke Zulu

Zulu's striking is nowhere near Tim's

just imagine a bigger guy whose gonna throw bombs at you? if you analyze it really, fedor will be at a disadvantage if he trades bombs with tim.

take the vera fight for example, he never gave vera the chance to get a bit more separation. if they separated a bit tim pummeled him with short hooks & jabs so that brandon can't launch any kicks which were effective as of the 1st round and then when brandon clinches tim pushes him to the cage where he can't do anything really. now if tim does that & makes use of his longer reach, trading bombs with fedor would be a good tactic, not unless he gets sloppy & fedor gets in when tim jabs, when that happens its fedor by armbar. ^_^

its no diss to fedor, but standing up tim has a better chance of winning it, though boring as it might be.

tsk tsk tsk. talo na naman si GSP nag tap out kay matt serra sa round 2. Congrats Matt! Your the man!

alam ko pareho silang kalbo pero... it's very obvious, GSP dominated serra.. serra was helpless. tuwang-tuwa si GSP nung nakuha niya ung belt! :cool: :cool:

and bisping.. wow :thumbsupsmiley: never fails to amuse me!

Nate Quarry is my new HERO!!!

http://i30.tinypic.com/sxjfc1.gif

http://i27.tinypic.com/ricieg.jpg

Starnes should never be allowed near a UFC ring again. ever.

---------

GSP is an animal

I've never seen that kind of workrate in an MMA fight, and even after the fight it seemed like GSP could have still gone the full five rounds.

total domination by a superior fighter. GSP rocks!

and LOL @ tim sylvia even having a chance against fedor. that's just too much LOL! Also LOL @ Tim's striking, he has one of the most horrible striking games in MMA today, it's all just jab jab jab, step back, jab jab jab, step back, all f*cking night. The only thing he has going for him is his reach with those gorilla arms of his, something that could easily be negated by a fighter that can close the distance explosively and bring him down i.e. Fedor.

I loved Nate Quarry's marathon man antics during the fight, as well as his hammer fist-whatever before the match ended. That definitely pissed off a scared Starnes.

Great fights for Franklin and Bisping.

GSP, wow! What an animal. Serra had no chance whatsoever. He indeed got lucky in their 1st bout

There should be a part 3 for the 2 like GSP-Hughes

Nate Quarry is my new HERO!!!

http://i30.tinypic.com/sxjfc1.gif

http://i27.tinypic.com/ricieg.jpg

Starnes should never be allowed near a UFC ring again. ever.

---------

GSP is an animal

I've never seen that kind of workrate in an MMA fight, and even after the fight it seemed like GSP could have still gone the full five rounds.

total domination by a superior fighter. GSP rocks!

and LOL @ tim sylvia even having a chance against fedor. that's just too much LOL! Also LOL @ Tim's striking, he has one of the most horrible striking games in MMA today, it's all just jab jab jab, step back, jab jab jab, step back, all f*cking night. The only thing he has going for him is his reach with those gorilla arms of his, something that could easily be negated by a fighter that can close the distance explosively and bring him down i.e. Fedor.

bringing him down by Fedor is what needs to be seen first chief...

you make it sound as fedor has fought the best HWs there is? as i can see Tim would be the best he'd faced in a long time. same time Tim's boring fights would be due to his opponents' gameplan, if you saw how Couture UD'd him? he didn't trade bombs with him he surprised him on the onset & dirty boxed Tim's ass the whole 5 rounds, giving Sylvia no time to recover because he was clinching and boxing with Couture at the same time still trying to recover from that big bomb that cought him in the first. the Vera fight, Tim was able to impose his will, if you checked it out it wasn't a jab to the UD victory for him, he effectively nullified Vera's leg kicks by keeping the distance short for his better hands than Brandon's (sad to say but that is true), then he clinches with Vera & then forces him to the cage to eliminate Brandon taking him down with Brandon on top.

now Fedor, he'd be different as since Nog cought tim in that sub, more likely Fedor would as well, but Tim wouldn't give the sub easily to Fedor eh? Fedor would work to get that sub like how Nog worked to get Tim subbed.

but onto UFC83 i really like the Maia sub and then that escape Rich Franklin did to Lutter's armbar attempt... priceless! they should be giving out escape's of the night, but on second thought that should be given to Starnes as he effectively escaped engaging with Rock. ^_^

definitely Starnes' contract would be destroyed by Joe Silva after that fight.

Bisping did well, not really exceptionally well but he did win the fight, considering he really is a big MW, he should be a bit ashamed that chainsaw caught him on a double leg one time, mccarthy just got stupid and thought he could take all those knees the Count was dishing out. a few more wins for Bisping & who knows we might see him against the Spider, and i'd love to see Spider Silva show the count what the MW div is made of. ^_^

If you can change. And i can change. Then Everybody can Change!!!

hehe Nate Quarry. Funny as hell.

The next UFC will be awesome. the three featured bouts alone are worth the price of admission already. (or in this case the price of a pay per view)

Its like having three main events in one card.

Sherk vs. Penn (I pick Sherk in this one)

Wanderlei vs. Jardine (Silva is still my hero despite the recent losses)

and

Machida vs. Tito (Im looking forward to the Dragon whooping Tito's a** and shutting him up)

May 24th so that'll May 25th here.

I can't wait. Just can't wait.

If you can change. And i can change. Then Everybody can Change!!!

hehe Nate Quarry. Funny as hell.

The next UFC will be awesome. the three featured bouts alone are worth the price of admission already. (or in this case the price of a pay per view)

Its like having three main events in one card.

Sherk vs. Penn (I pick Sherk in this one)

Wanderlei vs. Jardine (Silva is still my hero despite the recent losses)

and

Machida vs. Tito (Im looking forward to the Dragon whooping Tito's a** and shutting him up)

May 24th so that'll May 25th here.

I can't wait. Just can't wait.

bringing him down by Fedor is what needs to be seen first chief...

you make it sound as fedor has fought the best HWs there is?

uhm fedor already has fought and beaten the best heavyweight there is

he has beaten the current UFC HW champion twice in the past

plus a prime Mirko Crocop and a prime Kevin Randleman.

who has Tim Sylvia beat?

in the past 2 years he has only beat one top 10 guy, and that was Andrei Arlovski, who is fighting out of his weightclass at over 205, other than that who?

Look way beyond that and you'll see that he has beat Ricco Rodriguez (who was fat and on the downslide), a comebacking Tra Telligman, an out of his league Wes Sims, and the Tank Abbot replica Cabbage Correira. 3 out of those four guys aren't even in the top 10 in their weight class.

as i can see Tim would be the best he'd faced in a long time. same time Tim's boring fights would be due to his opponents' gameplan, if you saw how Couture UD'd him?

uhm no

Couture fought like that because he had to negate the size difference. How would YOU fight a 6'8 , 260lb lummox?

Tim Sylvia really is the most boring and unathletic MMA fighter to date.

Tim was able to impose his will, if you checked it out it wasn't a jab to the UD victory for him, he effectively nullified Vera's leg kicks by keeping the distance short for his better hands than Brandon's (sad to say but that is true), then he clinches with Vera & then forces him to the cage to eliminate Brandon taking him down with Brandon on top.

uhm no Brandon didn't execute the game plan, re-watch the fight and you can see that when brandon was using his low kicks and his jab, Tim wasn't able to close the distance. Brandon for some reason didn't execute the game plan.

Tim isn't the best HW Fedor has fought as of late, his last fight was with Matt Lindland, who can easily beat Tim Sylvia.

Kalib Starnes cut by UFC due to his disappointing performance

UFC cuts Starnes after disgraceful performance

By Kevin Iole

It was a great night for mixed martial arts on Saturday in Montreal, as an enthusiastic sellout crowd of 21,390 packed the Bell Centre to watch hometown hero Georges St. Pierre reclaim the UFC welterweight title from Matt Serra at UFC 83.

It wasn't such a good night, though, for Kalib Starnes, who spent most of the evening running from Nate Quarry in their middleweight bout. A native of Surrey, B.C., Starnes was booed heavily by the Canadian crowd that had been boisterous in its support of all the other Canadians on the card.

After losing a unanimous decision on scores of 30-26, 30-27, and an unheard-of 30-24, Starnes received even worse news: He was cut from his contract by UFC president Dana White.

"He just doesn’t belong in the UFC and after his performance the other night, he should consider a new line of work," White said Monday.

more from Yahoo! Sports

LOL @ starnes