Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

I never thought that Sherk would lose that way... Makes me wonder, siguro nga kaya siya nananalo noon dahil sa steroids, heheheh! But his 3 losses came from great opponents, so he is still on top of his division, I believe... Hats off to the Prodigy, he really is great but is fast becoming an annoying little man... His desire to fight GSP will be his demise.

Machida made Ortiz look like a newbie in the cage, he dissected Ortiz perfectly... Pero sa style nya na ganun, matatagalan sya bago maging champion, because people who does not know his style think it is boring (his fight drew a lot of jeers from the crowd, which translates as bad business for the UFC)... I just hope I am wrong...

lol @ abe labeen

he was even laughing at himself, that goofy bastard

-------

Sherk lost because he had a poor gameplan. He thought he was doing well standing up, when in fact he wasn't at all. he figured that he'd wait it out until BJ got tired, and just LnP his way to victory. The best strategy for that was to plow through BJ, get the TD, and LnP early in the fight.

It's very much feasible, since sherk is stronger and much more explosive than BJ, not to mention that his cardio is off the hook, the LnP strategy would have worked well for him.

But BJ is phenomenal. Period. No one in 155 can touch BJ, not even the Japanese boys Gomi, or Yamamoto can beat him.

I think BJ has a legit chance of beating GSP. If he fights as smart as he did with Sherk and Hughes, GSP will be a challenge but he has chance. BJ has crazy crazy BJJ skills, he doesn't seem to get cut no matter you do, and he has a natural knack for fighting. He was great before but he never really took it seriously, he'd party and get drunk and just fight, he lost a few, but he still won against some great fighters, and the fights he lost were actually close. The new improved BJ Penn is a lot more dangerous now that his head is in the game.

Wanderlei Silva via RAPECHOKE :37 Rd1

hahaha you got that right chief! ^_^

I never thought that Sherk would lose that way... Makes me wonder, siguro nga kaya siya nananalo noon dahil sa steroids, heheheh! But his 3 losses came from great opponents, so he is still on top of his division, I believe... Hats off to the Prodigy, he really is great but is fast becoming an annoying little man... His desire to fight GSP will be his demise.

Machida made Ortiz look like a newbie in the cage, he dissected Ortiz perfectly... Pero sa style nya na ganun, matatagalan sya bago maging champion, because people who does not know his style think it is boring (his fight drew a lot of jeers from the crowd, which translates as bad business for the UFC)... I just hope I am wrong...

well, BJ is better with stand up no doubt about that, Sean tried a striking match with him and thought he could wear out Penn who wasn't really known for his cardio, big mistake that was trying to strike it out with Penn who has really heavy hands, so there Sherk got raped, hehehe they should call BJ as BJ hands of rape Penn after that fight, then he licks the blood from his gloves, f#&king scary dude. ^_^

yeah Lyoto won, i was feeling that way and i feel bad about Tito for it, if he didn't transition the triangle to an armbar he probably would've won, Lyoto not tapping but he'd be unconscious probably. ^_^

How do you think would Kimbo Slice do against a lets say Tim Sylvia? a Chuck Lidell or a Rampage Jackson?

Kimbo slice is a bit overrated chief, he fights Timmy Boy he'd get jabbed out, he fights Chuck he gets KTFO, he fights Rampage he end up KOed via a powerbomb. i mean Kimbo is good, but not that good yet, probably he'd do good in the future, but right now not yet, so that is the reason why elite-xc promoter is feeding him cans, he's got crowd drawing power that's for sure, but he can lose that if he gets owned by a MMA vet. ^_^

Sherk lost because he had a poor gameplan. He thought he was doing well standing up, when in fact he wasn't at all. he figured that he'd wait it out until BJ got tired, and just LnP his way to victory. The best strategy for that was to plow through BJ, get the TD, and LnP early in the fight.

here's what's baffling me about what happened. after shooting for a single in the first few seconds of the fight, Sherk never attempted to shoot for another. WTF?! that is an epic fail on his part.

yes, great subs by Yoshida (anaconda choke on Jon Koppenhaver) and Rousimar Palhares (RNC to armbar transition) over Salaverry. beautiful display of grappling. wish there was a lot more of those, so that the uninitiated can appreciate the ground game even more. impressive debut too for HW prospect Shane Carwin with a devastating, mouthpice-flying KO of Christian Wellisch. KO of the night up until WAND's KO over Jardine.

oh, & for all of those who are calling Lyoto boring, and some even has the audacity of comparing him to Freaking Kalib Starnes, quote me on this: YOU ARE AN EPIC FAIL, NOOB. Randy Couture basically did almost the same to Tim Sylvia and he was hailed as God, but when Lyoto does his usual thing, against a marquee name like Tito Ortiz, he's a Kalib Starnes clone? give me a break. he is THE anti-Kimbo Slice, a walking blueprint of technique, discipline, and accuracy in the modern MMA game. he'd be a good champ IMO, because he balances out the talent pool amongst the champs in the UFC should he beat Rampage down the line.

Heavyweight: Big Nog (toughness, heart, technique)

LHW: Lyoto (technique, discipline, dedication, accuracy)

MW: Anderson (accuracy, killer instinct, dedication, technique)

WW: GSP (speed, accuracy, technique, dedication)

LW: BJ (technique, killer instinct, charisma, heart)

the point is, if the UFC considers to put Lyoto in the main event, good for them. why? because they're showing what real MMA is all about, that it's not always about the KO's or the personality, but rather the technique and the discipline these fighters display.

here's what's baffling me about what happened. after shooting for a single in the first few seconds of the fight, Sherk never attempted to shoot for another. WTF?! that is an epic fail on his part.

Sherk goes for the single, BJ stuffs it then that's it LOL, it was funnier when he said in the post fight that BJ had good TD defense. LOL you tried a grand total of 1 time!

there's no denying BJs skills, but sherk could have done something more productive in that fight.

Little Crocop was good too, I didn't quite see clearly what brought his opponent down, but that Croat has a bright future ahead.

----------

Kimbo = Black Tank Abbott

no real MMA skills whatsoever, he still has a lot of growing up to do.

I can think of several 185ers that can run circles around Kimbo. All Kimbo's got is that giant haymaker right.

Sherk goes for the single, BJ stuffs it then that's it LOL, it was funnier when he said in the post fight that BJ had good TD defense. LOL you tried a grand total of 1 time!

can't Sherk see any trends with what's been going on? look:

1. Frank Shamrock doesn't take Cung Le down; he suffers a broken arm and loses his Strikeforce MW Belt via TKO at the end of round 3. same as Sherk.

2. Matt Hughes fails to take GSP down and at least lay 'n pray to a boring decision. he loses his belt.

3. Sherk shoots once, and stands the rest of the way. BJ takes him out at the end of 3.

why can't these guys just go to their forte? it can't be the fear of their opponents nullifying their strengths, because if they're that good in that aspect they can neutralize their opponent's advances.

oh, & as for Kimbo, i'm just waiting for Gary Shaw to make the mistake of matching his pet up against at least Josh Barnett. or worse, Fedor.

1. Frank Shamrock doesn't take Cung Le down; he suffers a broken arm and loses his Strikeforce MW Belt via TKO at the end of round 3. same as Sherk.

2. Matt Hughes fails to take GSP down and at least lay 'n pray to a boring decision. he loses his belt.

3. Sherk shoots once, and stands the rest of the way. BJ takes him out at the end of 3.

why can't these guys just go to their forte? it can't be the fear of their opponents nullifying their strengths, because if they're that good in that aspect they can neutralize their opponent's advances.

oh, & as for Kimbo, i'm just waiting for Gary Shaw to make the mistake of matching his pet up against at least Josh Barnett. or worse, Fedor.

True. Sherk didn't follow what supposedly was his original gameplan, which was to keep putting pressure on BJ by trying to take him down and control (much like what he did to Hermes Franca)

As for Matt Hughes not being able to take GSP down,its not as if he didn't try its just that GSP has just gotten so good with his wrestling and actually ended up taking Matt Hughes down. (remember that beautiful hip throw he did on him just before submitting him with an armbar in their 3rd fight). GSP is like an MMA Sponge absorbing and learning things at an exponential rate.

He takes Sherk down,Hughes and also Koscheck all of whom have enormously better wrestling pedigrees than him and he just learned to wrestle when he started with MMA. He really is just so talented and naturally gifted both physically and mentally (MMA-wise that is).

As for Matt Hughes not being able to take GSP down,its not as if he didn't try its just that GSP has just gotten so good with his wrestling and actually ended up taking Matt Hughes down. (remember that beautiful hip throw he did on him just before submitting him with an armbar in their 3rd fight). GSP is like an MMA Sponge absorbing and learning things at an exponential rate.

true, GSP is a different kind of beast. i just see the similarities when Hughes decided to stand and trade instead of shoot and clinch against GSP. i just think he had a better chance if he fought from the clinch, since he's a wrestler and he has good balance. but yes, it is GSP, so it might have been tough.

Rampage would destroy kimbo

GSP too

a good matchup would be houston alexander vs kimbo

that would be ghetto-tastic!

"Everybody has a gameplan, until they're hit".. Nawawala concentration or di sila nakikinig sa corner nila once they see that the gameplan devised won't work.

Btw, sana magkatotoo yung nasa sig mo.. :D

GSP will open a can of whoop ass on BJ Penn if ever the Prodigy guns for his belt hehehe :)..

UFC Ill Will was one of the best pay-per-views lately from the UFC, all their fights were great, even the prelim fights; astig lahat :)..

the Axe Murderer is back!!!! Jardine got his when he thought that he could underestimate Wandi after the loss to Chuck, wag na muna magrematch si Chuck at Wandi, i-pair-up muna nila si Wandi at Chuck sa ibang LHW ng UFC para masaya hehehehe..

the Prodigy was awesome against the Muscle Shark; Sherk couldn't take down BJ so he got his ass kicked standing up hehehe parang di man lang nagalusan si BJ Penn, pero si Sherk basag ang mukha hehehehe..

fearless forecast: Brandon Vera will beat Fabricio Werdum :)

i bet Sean's gameplan was to ride out the match with Penn via a striking match thinking that his better conditioning would be a factor when he LnP BJ on the latter rounds. probably it would've worked if he expected BJ to be that solid standing up. all i can say is, he never had a chance standing with Penn, the guy was freaking raping Sherk in that striking match. too bad he didn't realize that he was Penn's bitch if he continued to stand up with Penn.

there's one match i'd like to see, someone mentioned it earlier in the thread, Thiago Silva VS Lyoto Machida!

hehehe now that would be an awesome match.

and probably give Demian Maia a mid-carder to fight, the guy's an awesome sub fighter, i mean 2 submission of the night awards tucked under his belt? ADCC champ? the guy's good.

kimbo is a beast

Kimbo was losing that match until he landed a lucky punch.. hehe... He was pounded on the ground by that dude (I don't even know him.. hehehe...)

I don't agree with every word that Dana says, but I agree with him on Kimbo...

I'll believe the hype once he beat a legit heavyweight...

Hey Big Ben Rothwell still does not have an opponent in Banned, Affliction's PPV, put him in there anbd if he beat Big Ben then maybe, just maybe, MMA fans would start giving him respect..