Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

excuse me, excuse me... ndi po ako naliligaw, sabbatical lang ako from my pc ng ilang araw... :lol:

for those asking, yes UFC 74's on Solar Sports only, 10am... tomorrow night @ 9pm is the Countdown to UFC 74 special from Spike TV, which i think is stupid in Solar's part. why rip Spike's content (and pay hella money for it) when they are more than capable of creating their own preview show tailor made for the Filipino fight fan?! <_< (haay, hingang malalim... :lol:)

@ Larry

hehe, nice pics... makapagpost nga din sa susunod... :lol:

Brock does talk big, pero he really needs to train in an established camp. that Tim Sylvia quote i completely agree (and laugh about too), but when it comes to the others like Arlovski, Napao, Cro Cop, and especially Fedor, his strength & amaresu isn't enough. he should go somewhere like Greg Jackson's or Team Quest (especially Team Quest, they're wrestler-friendly).

oh, & Tim Sylvia will never get respect the way he fights. to tell me that his fighting style is only taking advantage of his height is monkey crap. look at Semmy Schilt! he's like 6'11 with minimal ground skill and he fought more aggressively than Sylvia! in MMA! and Schilt is a K-1 veteran!

@ Clubber

that's what the WWE does to you, mate. he talks big every week on Smackdown, & so it carries on til now. he better back his words with some action, unless he wants to be associated with Sean O'Haire, Mike Plotcheck (Bart Gunn), & other pro wrestlers who talk big entering MMA & fail miserably.

@ pr0nmast3r

maybe the reason why Mach isn't in the Sherdog rankings is based on what has happened to him recently (according to the Sherdog staff), which i think is monkey crap. after losing to Gomi he has stopped all his opponents, & now he gets to fight in the UFC soon.

@ vindiesel

for you my friend, Gina Carano:

http://www.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/39/38768.jpg

^ with Elaina Maxwell (left) @ Strikeforce: Triple Threat weigh-ins

http://www.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/40/40386.jpg

^ with Julie Kedzie (left) @ EliteXC: Destiny weigh-ins

http://www.maximonline.com/todays_girl/girls/gina_carano/gfd_l1.jpg

^ Gina Carano featured in Maxim

http://www.maximonline.com/todays_girl/girls/gina_carano/gfd_l4.jpg

^ another one from Maxim

UFC 77: Hostile Territory

* Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin

* Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera

* Marvin Eastman vs. Demian Maia

* Jorge Gurgel vs. Alvin Robinson

* Stephan Bonnar vs. Eric Schafer

* Alan Belcher vs. Kalib Starnes

* Jason Black vs. Matt Grice

* Yushin Okami vs. Jason MacDonald

* Josh Burkman vs. TBA

GO BRANDON "THE TRUTH" VERA!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

- BROCK LESNAR WANTS UFC DEAL

A former NCAA heavyweight wrestling national champion and pro wrestling superstar, Brock Lesnar made his mixed martial arts debut in impressive fashion on June 2nd against Min Soo Kim. That fight was fulfillment of a one-fight deal with K-1.

Now, the 30-year-old Lesnar wants to compete in the UFC.

With his collegiate wrestling accomplishments and pro wrestling popularity, Brock Lesnar is one of the highest profile free agents in MMA. Sporting an MMA record of 1-0, what Lesnar lacks in MMA experience, he more than makes up for in potential pay-per-view buys.

Contacted by several promotions, Lesnar is tired of the run-a-round and is ready to ink a deal.

"We're playing the games, but I'm tired of playing games,” stated Lesnar. “It's time for somebody to make a move. I'm going to go down to the UFC and see what the hell is going on down there."

Asked if he has talked to UFC President Dana White about his interest in competing in the Octagon, Lesnar answered, "We've spoken. I cannot deny or confirm anything. I'm just telling you this, I'm going to be there Saturday night and I'm looking for a win. I don't care who it is. If I had to fight somebody, I'd like to fight Randy [Couture]. I'll fight [Gabriel] Gonzaga. We'll see what happens."

He added, "I hope Randy wins that fight. I hope Randy wins that fight and then I can fight him in December."

"I'm going to be attending the UFC this weekend, and I'm going to go down and watch and see in person, because I've watched these guys fight on TV. I'm going to go down there and see for myself and watch these heavyweights that I know I can beat," Lesnar told MMAWeekly.

"I'm looking to fight somebody with credentials. I'm not just talking Silver Medals in Judo. I want a belt. I've fought a lot of tomato cans. I've already had it. You know? I want a fillet Mignon. Let's do it, and do it right. I want to fight somebody, somebody that's got credentials because I've got them too. There isn't a wrestler, there isn't a heavyweight out there my size that has done the things I've done."

Questioned if the UFC is where he'd like to eventually compete, Lesnar responded, "The UFC, they're the big dogs on the street, obviously. You've got Randy Couture, who he's definitely going to be past his prime here. You've got Fedor [Emelianenko]. There's nobody out there that is unbeatable. Okay? All the media builds Fedor into this great monster. Well, every monster has his day.

“There isn't a guy like me walking around that can do the things that I do. These guys, they don't know. Let's put it this way, in college, or everywhere that I've gone, everybody has said that I'm one strong son-of-a-bitch, and that's what I am, and I'm able to back it up."

Lesnar has a wrestling resume that rivals or surpasses most everyone competing in MMA. We've seen accomplished collegiate wrestlers like Randy Couture, Matt Lindland, Josh Koscheck, and others succeed in MMA.

Does Lesnar believe he has the ability to have the same success?

"Absolutely, no doubt in my mine. I mean, you take Randy Couture for example, I mean he's the heavyweight champion of the UFC, but he's a small heavyweight. Let's face it, Tim Sylvia was not a legitimate heavyweight champion," responded Lesnar.

"I enjoyed watching Randy beat the sh*t out of Tim Sylvia. I enjoyed that. I mean take a look at this guy, Tim Sylvia, the guy’s feet; they're damn near webbed. He looks like the Swamp Thing. The guy is a vulture. He can't wrestle worth a crap. He's got a jab and a little right hand. There's no way. I'd double-leg his a** right through that cage so fast, and that would be the end of the fight. I'm tired. I'm tired of this. Brock Lesnar wants to fight somebody, somebody with credentials, and Tim Sylvia ain't the guy."

"I'm a fighter, and I believe that if somebody should be holding a belt in the UFC, it's Brock Lesnar."

The UFC has negotiated with Kurt Angle to fight in the Octagon; it would only make sense for them to jump on the opportunity to sign Lesnar.

haha brock has a big mouth! ^_^

kaso kakatawa tlga ung sinabi nya about sylvia, hehehe ala respeto si kolokoy

dapat gawing cannon fodder si brock pra kay minotouro pra matigil sa kadadakdak hehehe ^_^

Although Couture repeatedly refuses to follow whats on paper, I'm having apprehensions about this one with Gonzaga. Captain America does not match up well to big grapplers as shown by past fights as he finds it hard to impose his will on them. Oh well, guess we'll find out in a few hours...

Edited by RustyXIII

results so far:

* Welterweight bout: Flag of Canada Georges St. Pierre def. Flag of the United States Josh Koscheck Unanimous Decision - 30-27, 29-28, 29-28.

* Lightweight bout: Flag of the United States Joe Stevenson def. Flag of the United States Kurt Pellegrino Unanimous Decision - 30-27, 30-27, 29-28

* Middleweight bout: Flag of Canada Patrick Côté def. Flag of the United States Kendall Grove 4:45 1st round, Technical Knockout (strikes)

* Lightweight bout: Flag of the United States Roger Huerta def. Flag of the United States Alberto Crane 1:50 3rd round, Technical Knockout (strikes)

* Light heavyweight bout: Flag of Brazil Renato Sobral def. Flag of the United States David Heath 3:30 2nd Round, Tapout (anaconda choke)

* Heavyweight bout: Flag of the United States Frank Mir def. Flag of the Netherlands Antoni Hardonk 1:17 1st Round, Tapout (kimura

* Lightweight bout: Flag of the United States Clay Guida def. Flag of Brazil Marcus Aurelio Split Decision - 30-27, 30-27, 28-

* Middleweight bout: Flag of Brazil Thales Leites def. Flag of the United States Ryan Jensen 3:47 1st Round. Tapout (armbar)

* Welterweight bout: Flag of Canada Georges St. Pierre def. Flag of the United States Josh Koscheck Unanimous Decision - 30-27, 29-28, 29-28

* Lightweight bout: Flag of the United States Joe Stevenson def. Flag of the United States Kurt Pellegrino Unanimous Decision - 30-27, 30-27, 29-28

* Middleweight bout: Flag of Canada Patrick Côté def. Flag of the United States Kendall Grove 4:45 1st round, Technical Knockout (strikes)

* Lightweight bout: Flag of the United States Roger Huerta def. Flag of the United States Alberto Crane 1:50 3rd round, Technical Knockout (strikes)

* Light heavyweight bout: Flag of Brazil Renato Sobral def. Flag of the United States David Heath 3:30 2nd Round, Tapout (anaconda choke)

* Heavyweight bout: Flag of the United States Frank Mir def. Flag of the Netherlands Antoni Hardonk 1:17 1st Round, Tapout (kimura

* Lightweight bout: Flag of the United States Clay Guida def. Flag of Brazil Marcus Aurelio Split Decision - 30-27, 30-27, 28-29

* Middleweight bout: Flag of Brazil Thales Leites def. Flag of the United States Ryan Jensen 3:47 1st Round. Tapout (armbar)

Edited by Great Milenko

told you guys never to bet against randy

when I saw him rock napao with a straight early in the first, I knew it was going his way and he had gonzaga figured out.

now I really really really want to see Couture vs. Fedor.

overall great card

GSP manhandled Kos, as predicted, and showed him how it really is to fight MMA.

and Clay Guida wins!

Round One: Fight remains standing with Guida landing several shots. Nearing the end of the round, Guida dropped Aurelio with a punch. Guida clear won round one. MMAWeekly scores it 10-9 for Clay Guida.

Round Two: Guida comes out and pushes the pace, landing punches. Aurelio tried to pull guard a few times and finally gets a takedown, but Guida reversed him. Guida wins the second round, according to MMAWeekly, 10-9.

Round Three: Guida took over in the third round. Guida was pushing the pace and swinging with Aurelio moving away. It looked like Aurelio didn't want to engage. Clay landed some good shots but it goes to the judges scorecards. MMAWeekly scored it 10-9 for Guida.

told you guys never to bet against randy

when I saw him rock napao with a straight early in the first, I knew it was going his way and he had gonzaga figured out.

now I really really really want to see Couture vs. Fedor.

overall great card

GSP manhandled Kos, as predicted, and showed him how it really is to fight MMA.

and Clay Guida wins!

Round One: Fight remains standing with Guida landing several shots. Nearing the end of the round, Guida dropped Aurelio with a punch. Guida clear won round one. MMAWeekly scores it 10-9 for Clay Guida.

Round Two: Guida comes out and pushes the pace, landing punches. Aurelio tried to pull guard a few times and finally gets a takedown, but Guida reversed him. Guida wins the second round, according to MMAWeekly, 10-9.

Round Three: Guida took over in the third round. Guida was pushing the pace and swinging with Aurelio moving away. It looked like Aurelio didn't want to engage. Clay landed some good shots but it goes to the judges scorecards. MMAWeekly scored it 10-9 for Guida.

Told ya Clay would win..

Though Crane lost.. Huerta!! bata ng UFC!! lol.. nice win by Huerta :)

GSP will face Serra next