Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Guys don't forget that Chuck already beat Babalu by KO in a past UFC...

yup, he lost the 1st time.. pero sa winning streak nya ngayon.. laki ng improvement nya..

since his lost to The Iceman in 2002, he has racked up 10 straight wins againt opponents which include Pride's 2005 MW GP king Shogun Rua, Jeremy Horn, & Van Arsdale/

Speaking of the Ultimate Fighter, they're showing the 1st season here in the Philippines...pucha season 3 or 4 na yata sa US. Tsk.

Babalu is a good fighter, and has shown much improvement. I just don't see him KO'ing Chuck on the feet, and I don't know if he can take Chuck down. I'm by no means a Chuck Liddell fanatic - but I've seen how Liddell has improved by leaps and bounds from the guy who was subbed by Jeremy Horn so many years ago.

Maybe if Babalu catches him in a sub...but if it goes to the judges, Chuck has the advantage.

haha.. kahapon ko lang napanood yung debut fight sa ufc ni wanderlei silva! hahah.. kawawa naman pala siya kay belfort.. did you guys know that belfort became a professional boxer?? he knocked dwn his opponent in the first round in his professional debut.. fast hands.. silva was like "where the hell am i?" "what happened?" heheh

Ok lang yun bro, that quick loss via stoppage is ok for Wanderlei, he has matured a lot since that fateful night in 1998. Although Vitor was supposed to be the "next big thing" he has since faltered...he's back in Pride now, but he's no longer a top-tier fighter. Wanderlei on the other hand has gone on to win against the best in the biz, beating the likes of Eugene Jackson, Bob Schrijber(Heavyweight), Guy Mezger, Dan Henderson, Kazushi Sakuraba (KO'D 3 TIMES!), Hidehiko Yoshida (2 TIMES!), Quinton Jackson (KO'D 2 TIMES!). and most recently Kazuyuki Fujita (Heavyweight)

He's set to fight Chuck Liddell in a UFC event in November...Quinton beat Liddell in Pride...if he see's how Quinton did it, he may hold both LHW belts.

post-77890-1153022571.jpg

Ok lang yun bro, that quick loss via stoppage is ok for Wanderlei, he has matured a lot since that fateful night in 1998. Although Vitor was supposed to be the "next big thing" he has since faltered...he's back in Pride now, but he's no longer a top-tier fighter. Wanderlei on the other hand has gone on to win against the best in the biz, beating the likes of Eugene Jackson, Bob Schrijber(Heavyweight), Guy Mezger, Dan Henderson, Kazushi Sakuraba (KO'D 3 TIMES!), Hidehiko Yoshida (2 TIMES!), Quinton Jackson (KO'D 2 TIMES!). and most recently Kazuyuki Fujita (Heavyweight)

He's set to fight Chuck Liddell in a UFC event in November...Quinton beat Liddell in Pride...if he see's how Quinton did it, he may hold both LHW belts.

i totally agree with you sir nastynate... Wanderlei has matured a lot after that beating from Vitor.... Can't wait for the fight between Chuck and Wanderlei to happen. It's one of the best matchups in mma :) :thumbsupsmiley:

The fights I want to see:

Paulo Filho VS Matt Hughes - two compact powerhouses with great ground skills, and submissions.

Wanderlei Silva VS CroCop 2 - the first match was dumb, CroCop didn't want to trade or be on the ground. Now he has some MMA fights under his belt, he can show what he's made of. Also,Wanderlei wants to prove that he can also be a legit HW.

Wanderlei Silva VS Mark Coleman - after Shogun got hurt during his match with Coleman there was a brawl in the ring involving Silva, Ninja Rua, Phil Baroni, and Coleman. Silva was calling out Coleman and Baroni to duke it out in the parking lot, lets see them settle it in the ring!

just wondering...

Kung magaling talaga mga Aikido masters... bat walang sumsali sa MMA? Tailor fit sa kanila kung sakali.. puro takedown gusto ng kalaban nila.. sabi kasi nila yung lakas ng kalaban nila ginagamit nila against their opponent.. Hmmmmm...

just wondering...

Kung magaling talaga mga Aikido masters... bat walang sumsali sa MMA? Tailor fit sa kanila kung sakali.. puro takedown gusto ng kalaban nila.. sabi kasi nila yung lakas ng kalaban nila ginagamit nila against their opponent.. Hmmmmm...

Aikido is not a combative martial art at all...it really does espouse the idea of its use as a last resort. Besides traditional aikido has limited offensive strikes barehanded, and often uses swords in other times.

Combat Aikido is already watered down Aikido mixed with elements of Kempo.

i totally agree with you sir nastynate... Wanderlei has matured a lot after that beating from Vitor.... Can't wait for the fight between Chuck and Wanderlei to happen. It's one of the best matchups in mma :) :thumbsupsmiley:

just knowing they will fight gives me goose bump as long as wandy dont get too aggressive chucky will lit like a christmas tree also take care of that poking thumb chucky got

Heard rumors that fighters from Guam won't be allowed to fight in the URCC. Anyone notice the guys wearing the Fokai t-shirts??? Uhhhh, I had one on myself....Those guys were either from Purebred or Spike 22...

lahat sa guam may fokai shirt ang magandang lumaban sa pnas na si MIke UlLoa

Aikido is not a combative martial art at all...it really does espouse the idea of its use as a last resort. Besides traditional aikido has limited offensive strikes barehanded, and often uses swords in other times.

Combat Aikido is already watered down Aikido mixed with elements of Kempo.

I agree Tito, besides traditional aikido masters are not used to being punched or kicked. Magagamit din ang ibang techniques ng aikido sa mma, pero kailangan mag-cross train din sila ng wrestling, boxing, bjj, at muay thai. Hindi na uubra ang isang martial art sa mma. Dapat well rounded.

Sana updated ang UFC sa Solar...although I get updates via LimeWire, maganda din sana kung mapapanood na sa TV.

just knowing they will fight gives me goose bump as long as wandy dont get too aggressive chucky will lit like a christmas tree also take care of that poking thumb chucky got

i agree with you bro :) let's just hope that chuck wins over babalu so the fight with wandy will materialize... :cool:

pride is going to have its debut in the US this year :D