Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

all along i thought, Rampage was a "washed up" fighter on a downward spiral.

hinawa pa si houston alexander.. upset win din kay jardine.

upset win because jardine is the more popular guy but when it comes to the octagon, jardine is a one dimensional fighter so i will have to disagree with the upset coz many people think jardine is a far more superior fighter than alexander :)

Edited by pr0nmast3r

underdogs in the eye of the fight fans coz they don't know a lot of things about the fighters..

well for me, serra was an underdog, couture was not, rampage was not also. :)

mma-ers know this for sure.

Brock also made good in his debut. sayang hindi si hong man choi kalaban, that would be a better fight than soon kim.

^ don't forget Gonzaga & Sokodjou.. Crocop was already "unofficially" anointed as the #1 contender for Couture when Napao KO'd him in Manchester, & before that Sokodjou KO'd the top 2 guys in BTT in less than a minute..

as for Brock, maybe in his next fight he faces someone who doesn't have a below .500 record.. maybe an Edson Drago or a Yoshihiro Nakao..

just watched the vid of minotauro beating bob or is it bryan "the beast" sapp at youtube..damn, minotauro got his ass kicked with piledrives and sledgehammers early in the fight, got mounted several times but overcame them with superior bjj skill, he was great, he overcame the beast with superior cardio, brilliant technique and killer instinct, finishing the fight with an arm lock, submitting the beast..

i hope he gets to fight in the ufc, i'm sure he will be a force to be reckoned with..:)

^ don't forget Gonzaga & Sokodjou.. Crocop was already "unofficially" anointed as the #1 contender for Couture when Napao KO'd him in Manchester, & before that Sokodjou KO'd the top 2 guys in BTT in less than a minute..

as for Brock, maybe in his next fight he faces someone who doesn't have a below .500 record.. maybe an Edson Drago or a Yoshihiro Nakao..

Napao, yeah that was an upset. but Sokoudjou? I don't know.. his win over Noguiera was an upset. Against Arona, it wasn't. Remember that Sokoudjou trains with Team Quest (together with Hendo). He's got great cardio and lightning quick. He's one of the futures of MMA together with Shogun. That's just my opinion.

Brock needs someone better than Drago or Nakao. Maybe an Aleksander Emelianenko or any of the Red Devil Team except Fedor. I'd love to see Brock fight Iron Head Fujita. :D that would be some brawl. hehe

just watched the vid of minotauro beating bob or is it bryan "the beast" sapp at youtube..damn, minotauro got his ass kicked with piledrives and sledgehammers early in the fight, got mounted several times but overcame them with superior bjj skill, he was great, he overcame the beast with superior cardio, brilliant technique and killer instinct, finishing the fight with an arm lock, submitting the beast..

i hope he gets to fight in the ufc, i'm sure he will be a force to be reckoned with..:)

You'll see Minotauro fight in the UFC. He was introduced noong UFC 69 ata or was that 70.

will there be a rematch between liddell and jackson? putsa d p nnlo c iceman kay rampage e

That was his rematch :)

UFC 74: AUGUST 25, 2007 IN LAS VEGAS, NEVADA

likely venue: Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada

-Randy Couture (#5 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (#6 Heavyweight in the World)*

-Georges St. Pierre (#2 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Josh Koscheck (#4 Welterweight in the World)*

-Hayato "Mach" Sakurai (#2 Lightweight in the World)* vs. Diego Sanchez (#7 Welterweight in the World)*

-Joe Stevenson vs. Kurt Pellegrino

-Tim Sylvia (#7 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. TBA

* Based on MMAWeekly World MMA Rankings

will there be a rematch between liddell and jackson? putsa d p nnlo c iceman kay rampage e

sa start pa lang mukhang delikado na si lidell

the reason a lot of people picked lidell is becasue di masyado kilala sa ufc si jackson

those who have seen jackson fight in pride will know that jackson was more banged up in his matches there than lidell has been at the ufc

lagi kasi nauunahan ni lidell mga kalaban niya.....we don't really know if he could take a good shot or not prior to the jackson fight

pride followers have also seen jackson has ground skills and was a very good wrestler piror to his mma days

lidell has always been a kick boxer and ufc followers has never seen him use his ground skills offensively

in his first defeat to jackson in pride....lidell did not have the cage to lean on and get up and talagang bugbog sarado siya

that is why from the very start randy couture picked rampage to win and he was vocal about it....straight up jackson ang sabi niya

sa UFC 74 pa si Minotauro vs Herring. sana mapunta din sa UFC si Sakuraba.

sakuraba did fight way back......if i'm not mistaken ufc japan yun......its the ufc in its teens ( 72 na ngayon )

i think sakuraba will not do good anymore....way past his prime na siya.....not in terms of age but in terms of injuries

sa start pa lang mukhang delikado na si lidell

the reason a lot of people picked lidell is becasue di masyado kilala sa ufc si jackson

those who have seen jackson fight in pride will know that jackson was more banged up in his matches there than lidell has been at the ufc

lagi kasi nauunahan ni lidell mga kalaban niya.....we don't really know if he could take a good shot or not prior to the jackson fight

pride followers have also seen jackson has ground skills and was a very good wrestler piror to his mma days

lidell has always been a kick boxer and ufc followers has never seen him use his ground skills offensively

in his first defeat to jackson in pride....lidell did not have the cage to lean on and get up and talagang bugbog sarado siya

that is why from the very start randy couture picked rampage to win and he was vocal about it....straight up jackson ang sabi niya

Oh no, not a PRIDE vs UFC argument again...

They are both good fighters.. Liddell is just way more popular than Rampage. Liddell is a kickboxer/wrestler, very good at stand up. Jackson is a wrestler and more of the ground and pound machine. Unahan lang talaga. Rampage got in first because nafrustrate si Liddell. Wrong move. Bam! KTFO

Oh no, not a PRIDE vs UFC argument again...

They are both good fighters.. Liddell is just way more popular than Rampage. Liddell is a kickboxer/wrestler, very good at stand up. Jackson is a wrestler and more of the ground and pound machine. Unahan lang talaga. Rampage got in first because nafrustrate si Liddell. Wrong move. Bam! KTFO

hehehe...its not ufc vs pride naman....lidell vs jackson but using ufc and pride as reference.....just to complete it and para lalong maguluhan mga readers......gonzaga vs crocp naman with ufc and pride as reference ulit...hehehehe

though it did not come to the point of using the cage......it was evident that gonzaga would win if he did not knock down of rather out crocop

accdg to mike goldberg......crocop does not train in a octagogn but rather in a ring.....so if it came to the point that gonzaga would use the ring....crocop would not know how to defend it

parehong advantage na ang uf and pride.......lalong gugulo na hehehehe

abangan na lang ang ufc 73...mukhang mas maganda yun.....maganda din panoorin si heath herring....medyo parang jackson din ang dating when fighting....even in interviews parang jackson din

be it pride or ufc i do not think it really matters.......good fighters should adapt to ring conditions, their competitions and the rules

Edited by vindiesel

just watched clips of jackson against silva and rua.......he lost both matches.....

rua kneed him in his right abdomen and it seemed downhill from there on....rua gave him a series of knees and when jackson tried to take him down by pulling one leg, rua just pulled his leg out and gave him kicks in the face...referee stopped the fight

silva also gave jackson a series of knees and when jackson tried to pull silva's leg......silva pulled it out and kicked jackson in the face..referee stopped the fight

it seems that jackson's chink in the armor is that hw has weak defense against knees

but it is said at the ufc that jackson's now uses top notchh trainers in his team.....let's just wait and see