Falling in Love with Someone When You Cannot...

I agree with the post of most people here, even if you want to stay away from the person you love, you can't. Your love for her will pull you back again and again even if you know that it will bring you nothing but pain and suffering. No matter how you rationalize and even if you realize that there will be no happy ending for you, you will still be there waiting and ready to do anything to make her happy. A cousin of mine is in this kind of situation and it has been 10 years now and he is still in love with the girl and cannot leave her. He can live with the suffering brought by his knowledge of the fact that his love will never be reciprocated but he is not yet prepared to live a life away from this woman. How sad.

Guest LovingSouL
HOW WOULD YOU STAY AWAY FROM SOMEONE YOU LOVE SO MUCH?

IF...

...YOU'RE ALREADY MARRIED

... YOU HAVE KIDS

... AND YOU DONT WANT TO HURT HER

... AND SHE/HE IS YOUR FRIEND'S BF/GF

... AND SHE/HE LOVES YOU SO MUCH

paano nga ba?

don't go to where he hangs out often

don't listen to the songs you used to listen together so you won't miss him

don't text him and erase all the messages in your inbox and outbox

but, it's really hard when you in that situation.... it's really hard to execute it 100%

HOW WOULD YOU STAY AWAY FROM SOMEONE YOU LOVE SO MUCH IF...

* she keeps on visiting the chatroom im moderating in...

* keeps on texting me and/or sending obviously-intentional missent txts...

* still sends emails and chats with me USING HER CURRENT BF's PC...

... And says she still loves me EVEN IF meron na siyang iba?

Hayyyy buhayyyy... :(

i keep myself busy... very effective..

but sometimes when you`ve been workin/studyin too hard and you rest to lessen the stress you`re havin`,... you lie in your bed, think...that`s the time when things just keep poppin in and out of yer mind, that`s the time when u miss the person u haven`t seen for so long.

and it sucks.

Guest LovingSouL
<_<

mahirap mag stay away sa d one you luv or hav luvd bcoz of 1 reason...

kc mahal mo ung tao at kahit anong gawin mo, eh naging parte cya ng buhay mo...

:)

tha'ts very true

it's really hard pero siguro nga dapat ng mag stay away kung naapektuhan na ang buong katauhan ng isang tao in a negative way

how do i stay away from somebody i love so much..hmmm what i did...i really conditioned myself not to dwell on the things that would remind me of the person. I must admit it was really so hard. It is as if part of me died that time..but eventually i just prayed and really accepted the reality. All you have to do is to make a choice. And when you have the final choice, stand up for it..face the consequences. It is not easy. Accept the pain..face the struggle..but put a timeline up to when you will wallow on the sadness. For sometime, dont do things which you both do in the past, do go much to places you've to...but make sure you will do best to face the struggle..slowly immune yourself and start not associating things around you sa kanya...and eventually...things will be ok....but dont deny the fact that you will not forget the person for life...lalo na kung minahal mo ng sobra. speaking from experience..oops..dont forget pala to take care of yourself...magayos ka ng sarili...but dont deny your sad..then eventually bounce back. learn from it..and live your life again...without him.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

hi! everyone this is the first time i did something like this and i hope the

last time too. I love reading the replies here in the love thread, but never did i

imagine myself askin about my own predicament with it i guess it really happen

sometimes. Let me share my own story hope you’ll take time for it.

I’m 25 and currently working I met this guy he’s been my client and I was

victorious closing a deal with him, but it doesn’t stop there he ask me if we

could be friends so I said yes why not? so we are now I call him everyday

at his office and he calls me if he have spare time(most of the time) we even talk at night just sharing stories he even told me about his girlfriend for 4yrs now and I would

tell him about my ex we’ve been friends now for a year, but I feel that it’s

much longer than that. One day he told me something that any girl wouldn’t

believe he confessed that he’s a battered boyfriend not just physically, but most

emotionally at first I don’t know if I should believe him till he told me some

instances about it and I was shock I never knew that there would be a women

capable of doing those things and saying words that a boyfriend couldn’t

accept. I ask him why are you still in the relationship? I got one answer from him

he just simply told me that “I Love her” that’s it how sweet it is right?.

DAMN!!! girl I guess you don’t deserve this guy I told myself. That’s when I

started paying more attention to him he’s a good guy he thanks me for

everything he even told me that I make him happy that im one of those person

who makes him smile. He’s a fine guy and I guess every woman would want

to have someone like him except that he’s a little flirty , he’s caring and sweet ,

he even reminds me to bring an umbrella if ill be going out hahahaha….

it’s true (kakatuwa cya noh!) and I do the same too telling him to take care always and thank him for making me happy too. Then one day I cross that line a very thin line

between friendship and love. Not like before if he tells me about his girl I would just listen, but now everytime he tells me about his girl I can feel the pain like you wish it was you. I don’t know how it happened I’ve just come to a

point where I no longer just want to be his friend. Im really happy when he calls

if not I miss him and feel bad. Now I have so many questions to ask and I hope you could share a little of your time to answer I would really appreciate all your replies.

Note: I never meet him personally we just talk over the phone , but we already trade pics.

What’s next should I tell him how I feel?

Can I ask him not to call me anymore?

If I tell him how I feel and he tells me that the feeling is mutual? (assuming! hehehe .…)

Or should I leave him and her girlfriend?

Could I tell him how I feel before I leave the friendship?

I just don’t want to leave having questions in mind of what if’s

*this was suppose to be a new topic,but i didn't have the permission to do so and i cant wait to read your replies so i have to post it here i guess it fits here too.thanks

IF...

... YOU HAVE KIDS

This tests your committment to your significant other if you can love another lady in the same capacity as your wife. It also will determine the future of your own brood. Don't press the issue let it simply die away.

Doesn't matter what the kids think, if you are available again and you really think it will improve your current state of emotion then go for it. But if it will be detrimental to the family, you will have to wait for them to accept the fact. Talk to your new partner to be. Its as if you are single and thinking is she the one?

STOP. Push yourself in a long term project that will mean you don't see that person.

Ah Waiting game only. Be only a passive observer. Clear everything prior to going in.

OUCH. STOP tha part of your life muna. Ibang parte nang buhay muna isipin mo.

hi! everyone this is the first time i did something like this and i hope the

last time too. I love reading the replies here in the love thread, but never did i

imagine myself askin about my own  predicament with it i guess it really happen

sometimes. Let me share my own story hope you’ll take time for it.

I’m 25 and currently working I met this guy he’s been my client and I was

victorious  closing a deal with him, but it doesn’t  stop there he ask me if we

could be friends so I said yes why not? so we are now I call him everyday

at his office and he calls me if he have spare time(most of the time) we even talk at night just sharing stories he even told me about his girlfriend for 4yrs now and I would

tell him about my ex we’ve  been friends now for a year, but I feel that it’s

much longer than that. One day he told me something that any girl wouldn’t

believe he confessed that he’s a battered boyfriend not just physically, but most

emotionally at first I don’t know if I  should believe him till he told me some

instances about it and I was shock I never knew that there would be a women

capable of doing those things and saying words that a boyfriend couldn’t

accept. I ask him why are you still in the relationship? I got one answer from him

he just simply told me that “I Love her” that’s it how sweet it is right?.

DAMN!!! girl I guess you don’t deserve this guy I told myself. That’s when I

started paying more attention to him he’s a good guy he thanks me for

everything he even told me that I make him happy that im one of those person

who makes him smile. He’s a fine guy and I guess every woman would want

to have someone like him except that he’s a little flirty , he’s caring and sweet ,

he even reminds me to bring an umbrella if ill be going out hahahaha….

it’s true (kakatuwa cya noh!) and I do the same too telling him to take care always and thank him for making me happy too. Then one day I cross that line a very thin line

between friendship and love. Not like before if he tells me about his girl I would just listen, but now everytime he tells me about his girl I can feel the pain like you wish it was you. I don’t know how it happened I’ve just come to a

point where I no longer just want to be his friend. Im really happy when he calls

if not I miss him and feel bad. Now I have so many questions to ask and I hope you could share a little of your time to answer I would really appreciate all your replies.

Note: I never meet him personally we just talk over the phone , but we already trade pics.

What’s next should I tell him how I feel?

Can I ask him not to call me anymore?

If I tell him how I feel and he tells me that the feeling is mutual? (assuming! hehehe .…)

Or should I leave him and her girlfriend?

Could I tell him how I feel before I leave the friendship?

I just don’t want to leave having questions in mind of what if’s

*this was suppose to be a new topic,but i didn't have the permission to do so and i cant wait to read your replies so i have to post it here i guess it fits here too.thanks

First, be true to yourself...do you just pity him or theres something that stirs up inside you about him.

Next, if you feel that you just feel sorry for him, time to distance yourself.

Otherwise, tell him that you really like him and he should set it straight first with his girlfriend before you two start knowing each other more...

Good luck, and i hope you'll know what you truly feel...

IF...

... YOU HAVE KIDS

Nice topic here, ive thought of this before, didnt know one already exists.

Yep we cannot have everything in this world, and there are times we have to let go of people who we know we cannot live with (forbidden). Even i, had my share of this difficult situation, and id like to share with you guys what i did to get out:

1. less contact with the person involved

no texting

no calling

no meeting or with the person

2. get busy

get involved in different activities

socialize

pursue your hobbies

concentrate on your work (if you have one)

3. go out

go out on dates

go out with friends

attend family gatherings

hang out

4. try not to think about her

this is the most difficult one, you have to try not to think about the person, the less you think about it the less you're gonna fall in.

gud luck :)

First, be true to yourself...do you just pity him or theres something that stirs up inside you about him.

Next, if you feel that you just feel sorry for him, time to distance yourself.

Otherwise, tell him that you really like him and he should set it straight first with his girlfriend before you two start knowing each other more...

Good luck, and i hope you'll know what you truly feel...

thanks.ill think about it.hope others would find time to read my prob.