The Mail Box

We are measured by the competition we survived and thrived in. Achievements with illiterates for competition and stupid natives for opposition are not exactly remembered in the history books.

That said, potah, I did not ask for too much competition either.

But too late.

I am now getting my money's worth, and with interest already.

And this is just the first 8 weeks of an 90 week deal.

How can I lose?

LC

Guest Yavanna

thank you for making that call...

you were funny as always...

that made my day...

you'll always be one of my favorite friends... :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Edited by Yavanna

i don't know what's in you that makes me smile everytime we talk...

are you just simply funny or there really was magic...

hahaha! i hate to believe in magics anymore... it failed already like thrice...

but if that magical you shall come into reality probably i'll consider believing...

i'm just happy... happy that someone's making my day effortlessly...

hope there will be a lot more addition to my collection hehehe

sleep well :P

Edited by Leira

I was not worth your time....accdg. to you.....

hmmm.....

had I been at my worst, I would have replied....same here....

but no.

I do not regret anything...and everything....even if I know that you do.

I refuse to harbor any ill feelings....even if I know that you do.

At this point, all i'd like to keep with me are the happy memories. All of them are happy, anyway.

And yes, you were worth my time.

If you are happy now, then i'd be happy for you. If you want to keep posting negative thoughts about me, I can't stop you. I would, instead, try to understand you. If hurting me thru your posts would help you get all the feelings out, and move on, then i'd let you be.

angel.

am i missing you?? hahaha!!

no.. i want to believe that i don't

wake up will you?? :P as in now??!!

hahaha hopefully you don't know how to backread

and search for my previous posts...

because the last thing i wana happen is you seeing this...

wake up..... i'm missing u...

i never considered you my friend...cause i don't know what a friend is...i was never a friend...to anyone....and i never believed in true friendship...I only do good things to save my soul ... but never...it was never a selfless act. ...i'm always aware of everything i do...i'm always careful...

everything I do...and say...are well chosen...it's all about me!

I do not know love...that is why i ask too many questions about it...that is why i keep repeating the words "I love you"...hoping somehow...by chanting those words...i would know what it actually means.

But I am hurting and i feel so much pain everytime i go through this...but i do not understand what it's all about and i'm angry and i hate times like these when i can't explain what i'm feeling and i just wish i never have to go through these...but i can't cry..cus i can't address my feelings...and i'm angry! but...when it comes to this..i feel like it's all bottled up inside me...along with everything that's ugly and hideous...

I'm sorry.

Edited by iwalkalone

pinaglalaruan mo lang ako kase...nakakatuwa ako diba?

nakakatuwa ako...kase para akong si marimar?

lalo na...pag umiiyak ako...kase...mas maganda ako pag umiiyak ako diba?...

sabi nila..nakaka..arouse daw ako lalo pag umiiyak ako...totoo ba yun?...

kaya ba lagi mo akong pinapaiyak? napapagod na kong umiyak ah... :cry:

i hate what am feeling right now... i hate missing u... i dont want to think of u often but u still keep on popping in my head :( am trying hard to ignore what am feeling for you because i know i'll just get hurt in the end :( haaaay

Dante L,

The issue is income per capita. And we simply do not have that income.

Even if I were to gut out all the tans, the gokongweis, the ayalas, and the lopezes, their distributed wealth would not amount to a couple of thousand inflated pesoses per pinoy. The entire gov't budget distributed out, would scarcely touch 10 to 15 thousand pesos per citizen. Not half a month of wages for many.

It is so premature to even argue about "just" redistribution issues when there is so little to distribute anyway.

The issue today is not how to divide the pie - that comes later - after our time even. No, the issue today is how to firstly increase the size of the pie.

Now the creation of the economic pie, or wealth, is not the province of government. It is not within the proven ability of the government either. When was the last time the government could muster the credibility to carry out some simple economic act as to freeze the exchange rate, for example? Decades ago, perhaps longer.

But sadly, the stifling and destruction of economic wealth remains very much within the abilities of the government. And this ability is used harshly, and often, for the government fears the economy creating so much fresh energies as to overshadow it's own limited and fading power and prestige, if not already. The government knows in its bones that Marx got it right when he said that to command a country, one must first command the economy.

Thus, the government fights against that day when the economy will be the one rightfully wagging it, and not the other way around. Look, even now, do the best and brightest brains sully themselves with government service? No - they go elsewhere in the economy. When was the last time we had any bright boys entering the PMA? No, they would rather serve the multinationals, who treat them right. Thus, by slow idiotification or rapid insolvency the government will sink to increasing economic irrelevance.

If not already.

The worst case is that the government and congress will fight that historical inevitability of economic power erosion, prolonging what is a losing battle for them. For their skills are limited to mere matters of acting, law and of politics - how much more irrelevant can such skills be to the corporate economy of today? I dare you to name a single senator with the corporate skills to run a simple modern call center. Baka taga sulat nalang nang minutes yun. Assuming hindi bruja o buang, that is.

And eventual case is that, broke and desperate for pork barrel, the government and congress give up the fight and decide to open up the economy to the professional management and direction of the business sector, restricting its own role to mere referee instead of protagonist, and to be contented with assidously gathering the crumbs of taxes that fall from the high lofty offices at Makati - a mere supporting role to the economic plots.

For the economy, after all, is not a democracy. And yet democracy can be the result of good economy.

With the government soon reduced in economic influence, there will now form a power vacuum. Guess who will rush fill that? In this unbounded modern world of today, guess who have the training, money, and energy to fill that yawning power gap? Not the crony businessmen, now suddenly bereft of (bankrupted) government support. Their paltry inflated pesos will avail them not. Exit the razons and the aboitizes.

Enter the unshackled entrepreneurs. Those smart young driven men and women this country keeps birthing out.

Enter the dollar bearing mercenaries. And the captains who would command them.

And that is how the pie gets thicker and bigger.

And that is when we can worry about cutting up the pie more equitably - now there is something to cut, and (finally) a legitimate role for this government of lawyers and actors to play out.

But first things first. The issue is income.

LC