Duterte's Presidency : Expectations, Controversies, Rants, Etc.

tuwang tuwa ako dati nung binoto ko si Mar Roxas at nanalo siya sa 1st term niya as senator...

pero nag sisi ako nung nakapunta ako sa hometown nya sa Roxas City.

For most local candidates na sumali sa national level, dpt yung ipagmamalaki nila yung nagawa nila sa hometown nila.

I voted for Binay and nagsisi ng sobra after the makati city hall building scandal.

I voted for De Lima as a senator and nagsisi after knowing her drug ties.

do you actually expect na walang magiging setback ang build build build program sa current traffic situation? konting tiis for future ginhawa madam?

Di lang naman traffic ang naidudulot;

https://www.rappler.com/nation/204193-employment-philippines-april-2018-chart

IN CHARTS: PH employment rises in April over 'Build Build Build'

Rappler takes a look at the results of the April 2018 Labor Force Survey

may paraan para malaman ang updates ng BBB, marami ng paraan ngayon gawa ng social media. Ang babantayan na lang natin dito eh kalidad ng gawa pag natapos na.

https://www.facebook.com/bbbphilippines/

35295360_2089073628083616_43935351289958

Konting ginhawa ba yun? Eh yun iuutang natin dyan sa buildbuildbuild na yan hindi naman nating kayang bayaran kahit nga mga apo mo di yan kaya bayaran. Pinagpalit mo lang yun isang problema sa isang mas matinding problema sa future. Kaya nga tayo nagka leche leche nun pagkatapos ng panahon ni Marcos dahil binayaran natin mga utang nila. O eh paano natin i me maintain ang mga infra na yan kung baon naman tayo sa utang?

BTW, this airport project was initiated last admin pa. I'm asking for those projects initiated by the Duterte admin and will be completed within the Duterte admin. Kasi yun naman ang sinasabi niyo na mabagal ang last admin gumawa ng infrastructure projects eh.

Pero bakit nga ba mabagal ang takbo ng infra projects noon (hindi stagnant)? Dahil nga ba sadyang tanga sila (frankly I won't be surprised kung totoo nga) o baka may extra layer of scrutiny lang yun projects para bantayan yun mga pondo ay hindi pupunta sa mga bulsa ng magnanakaw na mga opisyal?

• Like (+1) 1

Some of the projects to watch for rollout in 2018:

• 12 bridges that will cross the Pasig River, Marikina River and the Manggahan Floodway to be constructed by DPWH until 2022 to improve road transport efficiency and alleviate traffic congestion.
  • P4.86-billion Panguil Bay Bridge project that will connect Tangub City in Misamis Occidental and Tubod, Lanao del Norte, for completion in 2021
  • P35.26-billion, 102-kilometer Mindanao Rail Project (Phase 1) that will connect Tagum, Davao City and Digos in Region 11. It is eyed for completion by 2022.
  • P211.43-billion Philippine National Railway North 2 Project, the 69.5-kilometer extension of the PNR North 1 from Malolos, Bulacan, to Clark International Airport and Clark Green City, eyed for completion in 2024
  • P175.3-billion PNR South Long-Haul Project, a 639-km rail consisting of these lines: 406-kilometer Los Baños to Legazpi; 117-km Legazpi to Matnog; 58-km Calamba to Batangas; and 58-km Manila to Los Baños

The government has 75 flagship projects.

66 of the 75 flagship projects were estimated to cost a total of P2.289 trillion.

By end of 2018, at least 34 of the 75 flagship projects will have been rolled out.

Edited by camiar

Konting ginhawa ba yun? Eh yun iuutang natin dyan sa buildbuildbuild na yan hindi naman nating kayang bayaran kahit nga mga apo mo di yan kaya bayaran. Pinagpalit mo lang yun isang problema sa isang mas matinding problema sa future. Kaya nga tayo nagka leche leche nun pagkatapos ng panahon ni Marcos dahil binayaran natin mga utang nila. O eh paano natin i me maintain ang mga infra na yan kung baon naman tayo sa utang?

BTW, this airport project was initiated last admin pa. I'm asking for those projects initiated by the Duterte admin and will be completed within the Duterte admin. Kasi yun naman ang sinasabi niyo na mabagal ang last admin gumawa ng infrastructure projects eh.

Pero bakit nga ba mabagal ang takbo ng infra projects noon (hindi stagnant)? Dahil nga ba sadyang tanga sila (frankly I won't be surprised kung totoo nga) o baka may extra layer of scrutiny lang yun projects para bantayan yun mga pondo ay hindi pupunta sa mga bulsa ng magnanakaw na mga opisyal?

IN THE KNOW: Other massive projects in the Visayas

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1002009/in-the-know-other-massive-projects-in-the-visayas#ixzz5IrlkLPSx

Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Aside from the bridges, massive projects worth at least P123.68 billion are being undertaken by the Duterte administration for the Visayas.

Some were started or identified by the previous administration.

These are the P7.9-billion Leyte Tide Embankment Project, which covers 27.3 kilometers from the shore of Barangay Diit in Tacloban City to Tanauan town, both in Leyte province

ilang history punto...

in Marcos 20 years in power ilang power plants, tulay, gusali ang nagawa di mabilang sa daliri sa kamay at paa

Corys term walang ginawa kundi pamigay ang pagaari ng Gobyerno sa pribadong sector

Ramos term pinagbebenta ang mga power plants at major corporate companies ang ginawa

Erap term nadiskaril dahil sa jueteng payola... at wag nyo akong subukan!

GMA sana isang Govt Information Tech Infra kaso may ZTE scam pala

PNOY tanim bala, nadiskaril na MRT, mahal na presyo ng Bawang... at syempre yung Pork Barrel scam

Duts term wala pa project dito, project doon, Utang kay China, Utang kay Japan, Utang kahit kanino...

teka ano nga punto nito...

ang problema ng Pilipinas wlang continuity sa mga proyekto... gusto nila sila ang magsisimula...tpos madedelay at mahihinto... life cycle ng ganun...

just sharing my thoughts sa pinagtatalunan ninyo hehehe

Hurray for build, build, build. We need more infrastructure in the country. The only thing I worry about is the cost. Kasama jan yung interest sa loans and yung amount na makukurakot. Can you really trust this government with all that money being allocated?

We know very well the people running the show:

Duterte - "I will not sign the waiver" and his Davao group leader son

Marcos - number 2 most corrupt in the world

Arroyo - ZTE, PCSO funds, fertilizer scam, 2nd hand choppers, etc...

Erap - number 10 most corrupt in the world

"Power tends to corrupt, and Absolute power corrupts absolutely" - Lord Acton

Hurray for build, build, build. We need more infrastructure in the country. The only thing I worry about is the cost. Kasama jan yung interest sa loans and yung amount na makukurakot. Can you really trust this government with all that money being allocated?

We know very well the people running the show:

Duterte - "I will not sign the waiver" and his Davao group leader son

Marcos - number 2 most corrupt in the world

Arroyo - ZTE, PCSO funds, fertilizer scam, 2nd hand choppers, etc...

Erap - number 10 most corrupt in the world

"Power tends to corrupt, and Absolute power corrupts absolutely" - Lord Acton

i am also keeping a sharp eye to the spending operations of the BBB program.

The intention and political will is there, the problem now is the implementation and accountability.

Thats why we need social media to be vigilant to report the status, irregularities, conditions and effects of these projects.

Remember the "collapsed foot bridge" last month na nahulog yung mga politicians? wag naman sanang matulad tong mga to duon.

How can you use social media to monitor implementation anomalies when any criticisms towards the government is suppressed?

you actually cannot think of social media as a tool? seriously? Let me educate you.

simple lang di ba, picturan/i video status ng project/construction, i post sa social media, i viral. HIndi mo kailangan maging mahusay na journalist para makapag report. Dami ngang Vlogger ngayon eh. Yung mga walang kwenta nga na i ba viral ng mga pinoy yun pa kayang mga bagay na mas mahalaga tulad nito?

saka, kelan pa na suppressed ang social media? (think anti duterte FB pages and Blogs)

There are many ways to suppress it, una pagmumurahin yun nag post ng mga DDS. Pangalawa pwedeng kasuhan ng cyber libel (face it, ang reality ngayon kahit may pangangatwiran yun accusation mo, yun threat ng litigation alone is enough to dissuade someone from doing the right thing). Then there are other psuedo legal ways (like what happened to rappler). Finally, may death threats and other threats from assassins and "vigilantes" (note the quotes).

Both sides Have filed cases...both sides throw mud and sh*t at each other. Hindi yan one way na mga DDS lang ang nagmumura, gusto enumerate ko pa mga anti DDS na nagmumura dito. Nagkataon lang na mas madami ang bilib sa bastos na presidenteng ito, gusto nyu deny ang FACT na yan go ahead. Pero wag na mag imbento

There are many ways to suppress it, una pagmumurahin yun nag post ng mga DDS. Pangalawa pwedeng kasuhan ng cyber libel (face it, ang reality ngayon kahit may pangangatwiran yun accusation mo, yun threat ng litigation alone is enough to dissuade someone from doing the right thing). Then there are other psuedo legal ways (like what happened to rappler). Finally, may death threats and other threats from assassins and "vigilantes" (note the quotes).

What? Haha! Cursing at someone in social media doesn't exactly suppress the criticisms against the Duterte government. How many exactly got jailed because of cyber libel? Death threats? Really? Haha! As if those vigilantes would really know where you live when your settings are private. The fact that you can use social media to criticize the current government already contradicts your assertion that criticisms toward the government are suppressed. This post of yours is hilarious to say the least because none of your reasons suppresses criticisms against the government in social media.

Edited by will robie

Ironic since you're actually suppressing criticism right now.

suppressing? did someone here prevents you from stating your opinion and preventing you from posting?

sumasagot lang din naman based on his own opinion (tulad mo) pero offended ka kaya para sayo suppression na?

ang OA naman ng suppression definition mo. google mo kaya te.

:P

ON TOPIC:

BOI approvals rise 28%, PEZA down in 4 months

Read more at https://www.philstar.com/business/2018/06/22/1826689/boi-approvals-rise-28-peza-down-4-months#qgip3h9Sjf7gHUBv.99

MANILA, Philippines — New projects registered with the Board of Investments (BOI) grew by over a quarter in the first four months, while investment pledges approved by the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) contracted by more than half on lingering concerns over the government’s second tax reform package.

Data provided by the BOI showed that its approved investment pledges from January to April this year surged 27.8 percent to P195.72 billion from P153.11 billion in the same period last year.

PEZA investment approvals, meanwhile, plunged by 58.6 percent to P39.09 billion from P94.39 billion in the same period last year.

Edited by daphne loves derby

suppressing? did someone here prevents you from stating your opinion and preventing you from posting?

sumasagot lang din naman based on his own opinion (tulad mo) pero offended ka kaya para sayo suppression na?

ON TOPIC:

BOI approvals rise 28%, PEZA down in 4 monthsRead more at https://www.philstar.com/business/2018/06/22/1826689/boi-approvals-rise-28-peza-down-4-months#qgip3h9Sjf7gHUBv.99[/size]

MANILA, Philippines — New projects registered with the Board of Investments (BOI) grew by over a quarter in the first four months, while investment pledges approved by the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) contracted by more than half on lingering concerns over the government’s second tax reform package.[/size]

Data provided by the BOI showed that its approved investment pledges from January to April this year surged 27.8 percent to P195.72 billion from P153.11 billion in the same period last year.

PEZA investment approvals, meanwhile, plunged by 58.6 percent to P39.09 billion from P94.39 billion in the same period last year.

Aray brad.!!!

I guess another myth busted na naman. More funny comments on dutertz foreign policy, the haters are quite clueless about the issue. Halatang si Alejano at Trillianes ang source ng mga QQs nila. Barking only with China though there are quite a handful of countries that are involve.

ON TOPIC:

BOI approvals rise 28%, PEZA down in 4 months

Read more at https://www.philstar.com/business/2018/06/22/1826689/boi-approvals-rise-28-peza-down-4-months#qgip3h9Sjf7gHUBv.99

MANILA, Philippines — New projects registered with the Board of Investments (BOI) grew by over a quarter in the first four months, while investment pledges approved by the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) contracted by more than half on lingering concerns over the government’s second tax reform package.

BOI approvals up. PEZA pledges down. I dont quite know what to make of this. Is this good news or bad news?

Debunking your post and suppressing criticism are two very different things. Criticism of the government is suppressed when the government decides to shut this forum and other social media avenues down.

Edited by will robie

BOI approvals up. PEZA pledges down. I dont quite know what to make of this. Is this good news or bad news?

BOTH actually.

BOI approvals up means outside investors are up - new upcoming businesses/jobs

PEZA pledges down - PEZA company activities and plans are winding down. based on the article, dahil daw sa TRAIN law but confusing din dahil why invest if may fear of TRAIN law.

my take is that companies inside PEZA zones have been relocating their factories on neighboring asian countries now like vietnam, malaysia and indonesia where Labor is much cheaper compared to Phils. This has been happening the past 4 years and the trend continues. This problem is also happening to China.

^^^ You really think people will stop criticizing or questioning anomalies in government just because of a netizen's threat?

Even among the samples you gave, none of them were cowered by threats.

What suppression are you talking about?

You don't have any idea what suppression means.

The fact that you can post your views here means you have freedom of expression.

Shooting down nonsensical baseless criticisms is not suppression.

If you stopped arguing because your shallow argument have been exposed does not mean you were suppressed.

It means that you were pwned.

BOTH actually.

BOI approvals up means outside investors are up - new upcoming businesses/jobs

PEZA pledges down - PEZA company activities and plans are winding down. based on the article, dahil daw sa TRAIN law but confusing din dahil why invest if may fear of TRAIN law.

my take is that companies inside PEZA zones have been relocating their factories on neighboring asian countries now like vietnam, malaysia and indonesia where Labor is much cheaper compared to Phils. This has been happening the past 4 years and the trend continues. This problem is also happening to China.

Pledges are down because investors are waiting to see how the looming trade war will proceed separately between China, Canada, and the European Union vs the US. Investors will not pledge investments during times of uncertainty.

BOI approvals are up mostly because of investments in the power sector.

Philippine economy has been in continuous positive growth for last ten years. The power sector has to catch up with the growth pace to sustain the economic growth.