Duterte's Presidency : Expectations, Controversies, Rants, Etc.

What's the use of apologizing?

When he made the promise, he was not yet the President. He did not have the overall view of the issue. But when he got it, he decided on the correct move.

Do you want him to apologize for it?

Gusto mong lang pahiyain yung tao, For what end?

IMO, to apologize and admit that mistake was made is humility. Respect will be gained, not embarassment.

True he was not the President when he made that promise. He was a candidate vying for votes and making promise(s) to clinch the votes. So is it okay to make grandiose promises and not have a grasp of facts because one is not the President yet? Those promises were believed and people voted for it. Then if one cannot deliver on those promises, apology is useless? I beg to disagree.

A presidential campaign has staff that mimics an actual presidential cabinet to some extent to provide input and advise to the candidate on key issues and campaign promises. So not having "an overall view of the issue" is an argument that is difficult to fly especially with a hot button issue that is ENDO.

One of his campaign's big promises was to end the drug problem in 6 months. His election opponents were in unison that it is not possible. He pressed on and got voters to rally behind that he is the man with the plan. We now know that his plan is what human rights advocate is now howling on which perhaps did not cross their mind that bullets are what will implement his plan. Nevertheless, six months passed and he asked for extension then stated that the problem may not be even solved during his entire presidency.

He campaigned on these promises and votes were cast on these promises. When one cannot deliver, man up and apologize. No finger pointing. No push back and throwing out labels to those asking for accountability and calling out names for not supporting the president. No push back and saying i was just joking.

it wil never end 100% endo. Now tell me straight would you not be satisfied if it will solve more than 90% of the ENDO problem?

Ayun naman pala eh ...it will never end 100%. So nagsinungaling ngq siya.

So now are you telling and promising me that he can absolutely deliver 90%?

Edited by rooster69ph

Ayun naman pala eh ...it will never end 100%. So nagsinungaling ngq siya.

So now are you telling and promising me that he can absolutely deliver 90%?

Sabi ko na di mo kaya sagutin yung tanong ko.

Its end of discussion. No point to a blind hater.

Edited by haroots2

Sabi ko na di mo kaya sagutin yung tanong ko.

Its end of discussion. No point to a blind hater.

there is a big difference between di kayang sagutin vs ayaw ko munang sagutin unless malinaw kung ano talaga ang pinupunto mo.

liwanagin mo kung ano ang pinupunto mo by asking me if i would be satisfied if he would solve more than 90% of the endo problem. tulad ng tinatanong ko bagong pangako ba ito o based sa naunang pangako to totally end endo pero in reality he was able to only accomplish 90%. depende kasi sa scenario na piniprisinta mo nakasalalay ang aking magiging sagot.

if it was the original promise to totally end endo and he accomplish 90% well that is acceptable/good enough for me.

kung panibagong pangako na naman ito ang unang itatanong ko sa iyo is paano ba niya gagawin ito gayun malinaw naman na nagkakaintindihan tayo dito na wala sa kapangyarihan niya ang tapusin ang endo. if through moral suation or pressure do you really think aabot ng 90%? ayan na naman tayo eh di ka na naman nagiisip then out of the blue you just pick a number na maganda sa paningin pero di naman kakayaning tuparin. tapos ano hihirit ka na naman na at least may ginagawa then ano magtatanong ka na naman na kung satisfied ba ako if 75% ang na solve. eh para tayo nasa palengke niyan na nagtatawaran. tulad na lang ng jfc na pinangalanan na numero uno sa listahan na inilabas. aba’y tingnan mo ilan ang total na apektadong empleyado at ilan ba ang pinangako nilang magiging regular. aabot ba sa 90% yun figure na ito? sec belo was interviewed this am sa radio on this issue na narinig ko so i know malabo yan 90% na sinasabi mo. kahit DOLE nakikipagtawaran sa mga kumpanya kung ilan ang kayang maregularize. si JFC malaki na yun numero na naicoomit nila but definitely not 90% of their affected employees. yun iba patingi-tingi ang gustong i-commit. e baka 50% di pa aabot tapos heto ka sasabihing 90% ang ipapangako. ano na naman yan repeat of what has initially transpired.

I'm a farmer, and I like my soil fertile, my water supply clean and reliable, my fertilizers potent, and my seeds viable. I won't be harvesting any good produce if even just one of these isn't up to snuff. That's why I do my due diligence on all of these. I ask fellow farmers about the products they use, or agri experts on what to expect if I use or do certain things. I also turn to books, the Internet, and other sources of literature for any questions I might have. I appraise politicians the same way I weigh the pros and cons of using farm inputs. If they can't deliver on most of things this country direly needs, then they won't get my vote.

I briefly considered Duterte a full six months before the 2016 elections. What initially drew me to him was the novelty he brought to the table, a refreshing unfamiliarity if you will. I've been to Davao twice, and during those visits, I saw how the provincial mayor's brand of governance instilled "discipline" among the locals. The naive kid in me thought that the good things I saw over there could translate on a national level, and it wouldn't be bad at all. I still had questions about how things got done over there, plus I didn't know much about the coward, so like any responsible voter, I did my due diligence on that Manchurian candidate. I wound up making a laundry list of things that turned me off about the sick old psychopath, and every item on that list is being checked off one by effing one these days.

What are the items on my laundry list? Let me start with the economy. That moment I saw Duterte acting like a buffoon mumbling incoherent sentences in front of cameras and the MBC was the one that helped me conclude that he's bad for the economy. These days, he's unfortunately proving me right. Our country's inflation is up these days. Symptoms of this include but are not limited to the following: the peso's depreciation, price increases on goods and utilities, higher interest rates, a ballooning trade deficit, and demands for across the board wage hikes. Do you want to talk about the poorly thought out TRAIN Law? Let's do that if you won't gloss over the fact that the economic managers and legislators behind that trainwreck piece of legislation recently admitted one of two things: that they failed to take the increase of world oil prices into account, or that they didn't thoroughly understand what they signed into law. Good grief.

That brings us to the second item on my list: the people Duts surrounded himself with. It's a freaking rogues' gallery for crying out loud, from his plundering political backers to his entourage of sycophantic cronies. Heck, it's hard to pick more than three decent-ish people from that rubbish pile Duterte once fondly described to us as a "Trudeau-like Cabinet." It's more like a Tarantado Cabinet if you ask me. We all knew well before the elections that the guy won't be bringing in top-notch technocrats into the mix, but people still voted him to power anyway. Oh well. We got what we deserved, all thanks to our ka-DDS countrymen.

Speaking of people who back Duterte, there's this big, big group of slant-eyed people living north of Batanes who made it to my laundry list: the Chinese. Ah yes, the same guys who are taking up valuable specks of real estate in the WPS are backing that treasonous misanthrope in Malacañang. Remember our floundering economy that I described earlier? Wait till this unwaveringly incompetent administration starts taking in huge predatory Chinese loans, then we'll see part of our patrimony go kaput within our lifetime. You want to complain about this? Cayetano (the lecher's alter ego) thinks that doing so means we want China to grant us a deathwish. That walking diplomatic faux pas would rather take a defeatist stance and sour our relations with longtime allies just to keep his nose up the ass of a guy considered by many as China's lapdog. What's that you're saying, that you didn't see this coming before the elections?

I saw this fourth item on my list coming from a mile away, and maybe you want to ask Cayetano about this: the Marcoses, and the whitewashing of our country's bloody past. A discussion regarding this major Dutae padrino requires a separate thread, and I will not waste time arguing with loyalists. If you happen to be one, I pity you. I'll just hope that Bongbong drops dead in a most gruesome and public fashion, for he's sure to get that VP seat by crook. No hook, just crook.

Now, about crooks, let's talk about the group that acts as that womanizing Neanderthal's rubberstamp, for they made it to my list: Congress. I knew that those pork-hungry baboons would switch political sides once Duterte's in power, and they proved me right. With those yes-men firmly planted in their seats at the buffet table/national treasury, there's almost no stopping Duts from doing as he pleases. Can any of you DDS folks tell me an instance when Congress didn't accommodate Duterte's caprices?

What else has been accommodated so far? The actual DDS, who are now in police uniforms. They're also on my list. The DDS was nothing more than a myth to me before 2016 rolled in. I thought they were just an urban legend meant to scare citizens straight, and their name sounded cool. When the media started unravelling this group's affairs, that's when I gave weight to Duterte's promise that he'll dump up to 100k bodies in Manila Bay. I'm not okay with that. If you are open to that brand of "justice," then you should be fine finding yourself or any of your ka-DDS loved ones sleeping with the fishes, courtesy of the actual DDS. No warrants, no court dates, no prison time. Just a bullet or two, with the blessing of the 16M plurality and their Poong Nazeraan. That's what EJK is all about, and I'm not about that life. Are you?

Do I want Duterte gone? You bet your ass I do, and I wanted him gone since yesterday. Now, before you start calling me a yellowtard, know that I voted for Roco (2004), a nuisance candidate (2010), and, with much misgivings, Roxas (2016). I didn't vote for PNoy back in 2010, mainly because he's an unproductive legislator who was just riding the wave of sympathy generated by his mother's death. That socially awkward dweeb was definitely not a perfect president, not by any stretch of the imagination, despite what some people will say. Heck, I want PNoy to be held accountable for a lot of things, such as for that series of grievous errors he made that led to that debacle at Mamasapano. That being said, it can be argued that he did good for the most part. The man's main accomplishment was the continuation of what his predecessor did, which was to set up the country's economy for continued success. That's one of the two reasons why I voted for Roxas. You don't just switch contractors in the middle of a major construction project, as far as I'm concerned.

The other reason? Everything Duterte represents. I'm looking for someone who will help the country grow, not k*ll it. For me, Duterte is the equivalent of herbicide. Sure, you get to k*ll unwanted weed with the thing, but it also kills the soil. You'll soon end up unable to grow anything. So there you go, that's the list I came up with.

Edited by moneyball
  • Like (+1) 3

@moneyball

I have reservations dati sa gobyerno ni dutae. Nag doubt na ako nang nawala ang mga member na may totoong concers sa bansa na ito hindi pansarili nilang kapakanan.

Latest example.

Remember jose calida? The solgen who filed a quo warranto against the cj. News outfits revealed na ang asawa niya ang naka kuha ng contracts sa security para sa ilang parks na pag-aari ng gobyerno.

Hindi ba conflict of interest yun? Or influence of power ng solgen? Napatalsik niya ang cj. Lakas di ba? Takot lang ng babangga sa misis niya. Eh teka, si jose calida ang abogado ng gobyerno. Kung ang kumpanya ng misis niya eh nagkamal ng yaman na iligal, paano magrereklamo sa abogado ang gobyerno kung ang misis ng abogado nila ang may atraso? Magaling magaling magaling. Change is coming nga. PWE!!!

At the end of the day, we all know that the miscreant will go scot free. Best case scenario we can look forward to is that Calida gets a slap on the wrist. This is just an example of what weak institutions will give us. As long as we tolerate the status quo, we'll get daily servings of s@%t, such as this one.

Corruption thrives under our current system of governance. Duterte's self-serving and ill-advised quest to shift us towards a federal system made me see that there is indeed a dire need to overhaul our institutions. I believe that doing so will be a long and arduous task. Right now, there are too few good men we can entrust with this endeavour. And, unfortunately for us, the current administration does not offer conducive working conditions for most members of this critically endangered specie. Nganga na lang tayo.

Will a total overhaul of our institutions completely eradicate corruption and significantly reduce poverty? In theory, it should. The idealist in me says that it will, but the realities on the ground says otherwise. Cory Aquino, for all her good intentions, failed to capitalize on the goodwill EDSA 1 generated and drove the economy to further stagnation, by simply letting the IMF dictate the country's debt repayment terms. She could've used what little money our country had back then to pump prime the economy instead, but here we are. In this case, honesty actually made our country poorer.

Cory is also a shining example of why we need institutions populated by good men and better women who actually know what they're doing. Like I said earlier, there's just too few of them. Those who actually had the guts to run for office in the past, e.g., Solita Monsod, Raul Roco, etc, were turned away by a politically immature electorate. This is why we can't have nice things.

Why are we dealing with a voting population that turns away supremely competent people? It's because they've been dumbed down and placated by a greedy political elite. They're mostly poor, uneducated, and heavily taxed, but they got 4Ps, which for them counts for something. As long as they get this and other free goodies to ease their hardship, like Noche Buena baskets, free funerals, and the occasional cash handouts, they'll be more than happy to vote for trapos whose platforms revolve around catchy jingles and gyrating dancers. This is how competent people get passed over. This is also why corruption and poverty still persist here.

The conditions are ripe for an authoritarian Duterte regime, and now we're dealing with a kakistocracy, headlined by the likes of Calida, Cayetano, Roque, Tulfo, Uson, etc. A friend of mine still refuses to believe that Duterte should be held accountable for the actions of this cockamamie group of whores and brown noses. Haaay. If any of you here think the same way, ewan ko na lang sa inyo. These termites are attacking our already weak institutions. If we let this infestation have its way, everything will eventually come crashing down on us, and no one's going to be around to pick up the pieces.

Edited by moneyball
  • Like (+1) 1

COA report: Calida received ‘excess allowances’ worth P7.46-M in 2017

By: Gabriel Pabico Lalu - Reporter / @GabrielLaluINQ INQUIRER.net / 04:13 PM June 01, 2018

A Commission on Audit (COA) report flagged the Office of the Solicitor General (OSG), after it was revealed that its top officials received allowances totaling P10.7 million in 2017, well above the prescribed amount.

“The honoraria/ allowances paid to some OSG officials for legal services and advices rendered to client agencies had exceeded the fifty percent of the annual basic salary by P10,774,283.92,” said the COA report released on Thursday.

On its website, COA also provided other documents showing that out of the total excess allowances in 2017, P7.46 million went to Solicitor General Jose Calida.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/996584/coa-report-calida-received-excess-allowances-worth-p7-46-m-in-2017#ixzz5HFxcQgZL

Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Calida didn't do anything wrong. The people who want Calida's ass gone from the Duterte cabinet are the people who are bitter because he started the quo warranto proceeding that took out one of the "yellow" icons, Sereno.

Is Calida part of Duterte's cabinet?

Is Calida part of Duterte's cabinet?

The answer is no, even though his position is conferred with a Cabinet-level rank. The OSG is attached to DOJ, so it can be said that the Sol Gen is also a deputy of sorts.

I think this is the point where Article VII, Section 13 of our Constitution comes in. With regards to this being applied to Calida's case, I would much prefer seeing opinions from several apolitical lawyers over those coming from some random forum posters. I'll take what I can get, though.

PDu30, handa raw mag-resign sakaling ipetisyon ng mga kababaihan

Pang ilang (I will resign if...) statement na ito ni Duterte? I lost count.

And you're still using this proverbial non-issue as an issue. Move on, and come up with something of more substance.

Malacanang said the billions spent in 2017 was related to the two ASEAN Summit events during that year.

As for Abnoy's lower expenses for his 6-year term, it explains his pathetic lack of activity. Tulog sa pansitan. That's why his term of office was a huge non-event.

Edited by camiar