Duterte's Presidency : Expectations, Controversies, Rants, Etc.

First of all, the Catholic Church in not against the government. It is against the killings and human rights violations. If Duterte was innocent of these things, then the protests shouldnt bother him. Eh ang problema is ayaw niyang pinapakialaman siya. Dahil dun, lalo siya tuloy nagmumukhang guilty.

Second, wala naman ingay yung Church for a long while until Duterte's "stupid god" remark. Correct me if im wrong, but I dont remember of any incidence of the Catholic Church saying or doing anything in the past month or so to provoke Duterte to say those things. In fact, I think Duterte himself said that what prompted him to say that remark was connected to the Sister Fox incident.

Ok you said it is against the killings

-Ah ok so the church is against the killings and human rights violations (How many are proven?), but the church itself is guilty of much greater number of killings and violations through out history.

-when you Asked "if Duterte is innocent..." baket brad ilan ba naba pinapatay ni duterte? May exact number ka? Aba kung guilty sya sa 7000 may dahilan pala sya magalit dahil sinabi nila 14000.

-you used the church as an excuse, it is a sin to commit murder. Yet also in the bible it is also a sin to bare false witness. And quite frankly everybody here would say you are guilty and the priests are guilty of such accusations.

-on his "stupid god" remark. Medyu kulang ka sa info about God, since sa mere spelling and pagkakasulat mo sa word na God dapat capital letter mo na yang God. He has commited blashphemy ba? Sure ka? Or to a specific group lang? Since sa ibang religion sa boung mundo he is not guilty of blashphemy since he was pertaining to the "god" of a specific people their belief. Yet he has his own belief of God.

The best and the brightest!

Inflation surge spurs rate hike view

INFLATION surged in June to a fresh five-year high as it beat market and government estimates given for the month, leaving the door open for another policy interest rate hike.

Prices of widely used goods and services clocked in at 5.2% last month to mark another peak in at least five years, the Philippine Statistics Authority announced on Thursday.

The pace surged from May’s 4.6% and 2.5% in June 2017, maintaining a steady ascent for six straight months. June also saw the fourth straight month that inflation pierced the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas’ (BSP) 2-4% full-year 2018 target range.

Inflation surge spurs rate hike view

June inflation pierced the 4.3-5.1% range estimated by the BSP’s Department of Economic Research, the 4.9% estimate of the Department of Finance and the 4.7% median of BusinessWorld’s poll.

Core inflation, which excludes volatile food and energy prices, picked up to 4.3% last month from May’s 3.6% and 2.1% in June 2017.

Year-to-date, headline inflation averaged 4.3%, compared to the BSP’s 4.5% forecast for the entire 2018.

The PSA attributed the acceleration primarily to the faster annual increases in the heavily weighted food and non-alcoholic beverages index (6.1% from 5.7% in May 2018); alcoholic beverages and tobacco (20.8% from 20.5%); transport (7.1% from 6.2%); housing, water, electricity, gas and other fuels (4.6% from three percent); education (four percent from 1.8%); furnishing, household equipment and routine maintenance of the house (three percent from 2.9%); and communication (0.4% from 0.3%).

The food-alone index picked up pace to 5.8% last month from May’s 5.5% and June 2017’s 3.1%.

“The higher-than-expected June inflation outcome is a setback,” BSP Governor Nestor A. Espenilla, Jr. told reporters in a mobile phone message.

“We will review and update our situational assessment and forecast inflation path. This will shape the strength and timing of our next monetary policy response to firmly anchor inflation expectations.”

Mr. Espenilla said the BSP “re-affirms its strong commitment to ensure that inflation returns to within the 2-4% target range as soon as possible.”

Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Ernesto M. Pernia said in a statement that the June turnout is “unwelcome news,” but noted that inflation so far is “just slightly” higher than the government’s target range for the year.

Still, Mr. Pernia, who heads the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) as director general, said that the latest inflation reading was “rather unexpected.”

“I myself was hoping that it would not breach five percent… We’re hoping that the peaking has happened already,” he said in a media briefing yesterday.

NEDA Undersecretary Rosemarie G. Edillon noted that pressures came chiefly from “imported inflation” due to rising global crude prices.

For Land Bank of the Philippines (LANDBANK) market economist Guian Angelo S. Dumalagan, inflation spiked on increasing oil prices and “seasonal factors.”

“An important seasonal factor is the start of classes, which likely caused an acceleration in the price of education. Likewise, weather disturbances possibly caused a similar inflationary effect on food items, particularly rice and corn,” Mr. Dumalagan said.

Union Bank of the Philippines (UnionBank) chief economist Ruben Carlo O. Asuncion shared this view, adding that a “persistently weak peso” is also a probable factor for the rising cost of imported products that include production inputs.

The BSP’s Monetary Board introduced back-to-back 25-basis point rate hikes in its May and June policy meetings to rein in future inflation.

For Emmanuel A. Leyco, economics professor at the Asian Institute of Management and former undersecretary at the Department of Social Welfare and Development, businesses and household sectors “will have to make adjustments since most have much lower inflation rate assumptions for 2018.”

“Combined with the depreciating peso, a higher inflation rate will mean much weaker purchasing power for the Filipino households,” he added.

OUTLOOK
Given the latest inflation pace, economists believe that price pressures now warrant another tightening move from the BSP during its Aug. 9 policy review.

“The high inflation point for June would likely require further monetary policy response as early as the August meeting. Real policy rate is deeper in the red indicating that a more aggressive economic policy response would be needed,” said Jose Mario I. Cuyegkeng, senior economist at ING Bank N.V. Manila, noting that real interest rates have fallen to -1.7% from -0.4% in January.

Observers have been pointing out that the BSP has been behind the curve as it kept interest rates low for too long. The central bank has kept its policy stance since September 2014 before its first rate hike in nearly four years on May 10.

“There may have been a little bit of a slip in timing in increasing the policy rates,” NEDA’s Mr. Pernia said.

Nevertheless, the NEDA chief remains hopeful that “inflation is kept at bay and will taper off by year end.”

“We expect inflation to peak in the third quarter and taper off by October, government needs to implement necessary measures, both short-term and long-term, to address the impact of inflation,” he said.

Analysts at Nomura noted that prices have picked up “across the board” and will keep rising faster until August or September, thus requiring BSP intervention.

“We believe inflation expectations are also likely to rise further, as evident in rising demand for wage increases. As such, we also now see some risk that BSP may deliver additional rate hikes this year, taking the policy rate above our 3.75% forecast,” said Nomura economists Euben Paracuelles and Charnon Boonnuch.

UnionBank’s Mr. Asuncion shared this expectation, saying: “I foresee another rate hike this August.”

“I have also inputted another possible rate hike by end of 2018 (50% chance). This is based on further volatility of the peso and a continuing elevation of inflation,” he said.

“[T]his may not be the peak, but we may see a waning momentum moving forward. I see second-round effects weighing down further on price levels in the coming months.”

At least three regions, so far, have approved wage hike petitions in the face of surging inflation, while regulators last Wednesday gave provisional approval for a P1 hike in jeepney fare to P9 for the first four kilometers in Metro Manila, Central Luzon and the Cavite-Laguna-Batangas-Rizal-Quezon region.

For Rajiv Biswas, chief economist for Asia-Pacific at IHS Markit, the BSP is “facing a perfect storm of pressures to hike policy rates further” as a result of rising inflation as well as the impact of the widening current account deficit and rising US interest rates that have pressured the peso to weaken.

For LANDBANK’s Mr. Dumalagan, however, the BSP may first have to “spot signs of second-round effects” when the next inflation report is released, a case he described as a “game-changer as far as monetary policy is concerned.”

“While June 2018’s strong inflation figure increases the chances of another BSP rate hike next month, it certainly does not guarantee of more tightening moves from the BSP amid views that this year’s elevated inflation is temporary,” Mr. Dumalagan said.

“Furthermore, the next action of the BSP might also be hinged on how local financial markets react to developments here and abroad. Higher volatility domestically could prompt further action from the BSP.”

source: http://bworldonline.com/inflation-surge-...hike-view/

What a waste of Tax payers money!!!!!

Mocha is an epitome of incompetent people to handle the job!

MochaTanga!

Letse sayang lang tax ko dito sa taong to walang kwenta

#tanginamocha

#firemocha

‘Accompanied, attended, covered’ and other ‘accomplishments’ of Mocha Uson

http://www.interaksyon.com/accompanied-attended-covered-accomplishments-mocha-uson/

Mocha Uson has accompanied the president, covered and attended events and “scheduled visits to different government agencies,” according to her job description/duties and 2017 accomplishments released by the Presidential Communications Operations Office.

Photos of the document had circulated on social media in the first week of July, with many people commenting that Uson’s monthly P133,454 salary — without tax deductions — seemed too high for her duties.

DhpGWEWVMAA0H_B.jpg

Ok you said it is against the killings

-Ah ok so the church is against the killings and human rights violations (How many are proven?), but the church itself is guilty of much greater number of killings and violations through out history.

-when you Asked "if Duterte is innocent..." baket brad ilan ba naba pinapatay ni duterte? May exact number ka? Aba kung guilty sya sa 7000 may dahilan pala sya magalit dahil sinabi nila 14000.

-you used the church as an excuse, it is a sin to commit murder. Yet also in the bible it is also a sin to bare false witness. And quite frankly everybody here would say you are guilty and the priests are guilty of such accusations.

-on his "stupid god" remark. Medyu kulang ka sa info about God, since sa mere spelling and pagkakasulat mo sa word na God dapat capital letter mo na yang God. He has commited blashphemy ba? Sure ka? Or to a specific group lang? Since sa ibang religion sa boung mundo he is not guilty of blashphemy since he was pertaining to the "god" of a specific people their belief. Yet he has his own belief of God.

First of all, I am not accusing Digong of anything. I merely stated that he looks guilty kasi out of line yung pagka defensive niya.

About naman dun sa "stupid god", I never accused him of blasphemy. I am however accusing him of disrespecting the beliefs of the Catholic community.

Ang lalayo ng mga arguments mo sakin, naliligaw ka sa context ng conversation ko.

First of all, I am not accusing Digong of anything. I merely STATED that he looks guilty

Ok :-)

And what was the cause of outrage of the faithful? Disrespecting their beliefs because of the stupid god remark which is as they say blasphemous.

Ok :-)

And what was the cause of outrage of the faithful? Disrespecting their beliefs because of the stupid god remark which is as they say blasphemous.

They (Catholics) said it was blasphemous, not me. I actually agree with Duterte in some ways regarding religion but unlike Duterte, I respect the beliefs of others. So what again is your point?

They (Catholics) said it was blasphemous, not me. I actually agree with Duterte in some ways regarding religion but unlike Duterte, I respect the beliefs of others. So what again is your point?

D mo na gets? Ikaw mismo sumulat review mo sinulat mo brad.

@topic

dapat dagdagan talaga trabaho ni mocha, at wag na maki sawsaw si f.aguilar d naman mananalo yan

D mo na gets? Ikaw mismo sumulat review mo sinulat mo brad.

@topic

dapat dagdagan talaga trabaho ni mocha, at wag na maki sawsaw si f.aguilar d naman mananalo yan

Hindi ko maintindihan yung mga banat mo kasi off-tangent parati. Puro walang kinalaman sa mga tinutukoy ko.

First of all, the Catholic Church in not against the government. It is against the killings and human rights violations. If Duterte was innocent of these things, then the protests shouldnt bother him. Eh ang problema is ayaw niyang pinapakialaman siya. Dahil dun, lalo siya tuloy nagmumukhang guilty.

Nice try in spinning it. What makes you think Duterte is guilty? Is there any hard evidence? Ayaw niyang pinapakialaman siya? He said that it is fine if people criticize him because that is their right to free expression. Did you hear him say in any of his speeches that he said he does not like being criticized?

Second, wala naman ingay yung Church for a long while until Duterte's "stupid god" remark. Correct me if im wrong, but I dont remember of any incidence of the Catholic Church saying or doing anything in the past month or so to provoke Duterte to say those things. In fact, I think Duterte himself said that what prompted him to say that remark was connected to the Sister Fox incident.

Duterte apologized to God. Did the leaders of the Catholic Church who have been critical of Duterte regarding the EJKs apologize to him because they can't find any evidence linking him to these EJKs? The fact of the matter is the leaders of the Catholic Church have been disparaging Duterte. Whether they have remained silent in the past month is irrelevant. In the past two years, they have been critical of Duterte but they can't show any evidence that Duterte is really involved in EJKs or human rights violations.

Edited by will robie

Nice try in spinning it. What makes you think Duterte is guilty? Is there any hard evidence? Ayaw niyang pinapakialaman siya? He said that it is fine if people criticize him because that is their right to free expression. Did you hear him say in any of his speeches that he said he does not like being criticized?

Again, I never said he was guilty. Sabi ko NAGMUMUKHANG GUILTY siya because he gets so defensive when his administration gets questioned about the killings.

If he is innocent, then why does he get angry about the ICC wanting to investigate him? Mag iinvestigate lang, galit na kaagad, threatening to slap Callamard and arrest Fatou if they probe the Philippines.

If he is innocent, then why did he get mad at Obama, the EU, CHR etc for questioning his administration of violating human rights?

His words say he is open to criticism, but his actions prove otherwise.

Obama - scolded, CHR - scolded, EU - scolded, ICC - scolded and withdrawn membership, Catholic Church - chastised, DeLima detained, Sereno booted out of the SC, Robredo - removed from the cabinet, Rappler - banned from covering him, Trillanes - tinanggalan ng security detail.

Guess what all of them have in common. THEY ALL CRITICIZED DUTERTE.

Duterte apologized to God. Did the leaders of the Catholic Church who have been critical of Duterte regarding the EJKs apologize to him because they can't find any evidence linking him to these EJKs? The fact of the matter is the leaders of the Catholic Church have been disparaging Duterte. Whether they have remained silent in the past month is irrelevant. In the past two years, they have been critical of Duterte but they can't show any evidence that Duterte is really involved in EJKs or human rights violations.

The Church being silent for the past several weeks IS relevant. Tahimik na nga eh binanatan pa ulit ni Duterte at dinamay pa yung Diyos. Tapos sasabihin mo na he welcomes critisisms?! Bulag ka ba?

Edited by juan t

Hindi ko maintindihan yung mga banat mo kasi off-tangent parati. Puro walang kinalaman sa mga tinutukoy ko.

On the contrary time and again it has been seen in this forums and a lot of threads that your reasoning are the ones that are off tangent. You always back pedal when your arguments are being challenge. Ni spelling lang ng god mali na pagkakasulat mo basic yan kahit saan ka magsulat mailban nalang kung jejemon ka? D naman cguro?

And Will is correct 2 weeks? 1 month wlang sinasabi ang mga pari? Sure ka? Either nasa bundok ka or kahit radyo d na nakikinig.

Nung sinabi ni Will - duterte welcomes critics? Baket d pwede mag counter pag sinabing welcoming critics? Saang rule book meron yan paki post para mabasa namin.

Edited by Bolj
  • Like (+1) 1

Again, I never said he was guilty. Sabi ko NAGMUMUKHANG GUILTY siya because he gets so defensive when his administration gets questioned about the killings.

It is not a crime to defend one's self especially if there is no hard evidence against him and his government. Nagmumukhang guilty in whose eyes? The yellows? Haha!

If he is innocent, then why does he get angry about the ICC wanting to investigate him? Mag iinvestigate lang, galit na kaagad, threatening to slap Callamard and arrest Fatou if they probe the Philippines.

The last time I checked, Callamard went here. What happened? Zilch, nada, wala. So what if he threatens? Ikaw ba? If someone alleges you did something that you know you didn't do and the accusing party does not have a shred of evidence, hindi ka ba magagalit?

Edited by will robie

If he is innocent, then why did he get mad at Obama, the EU, CHR etc for questioning his administration of violating human rights?

His words say he is open to criticism, but his actions prove otherwise.

Obama - scolded, CHR - scolded, EU - scolded, ICC - scolded and withdrawn membership, Catholic Church - chastised, DeLima detained, Sereno booted out of the SC, Robredo - removed from the cabinet, Rappler - banned from covering him, Trillanes - tinanggalan ng security detail.

Guess what all of them have in common. THEY ALL CRITICIZED DUTERTE.

Getting pissed at Obama, the EU and the CHR does not mean you are guilty of something that is being alleged against you. Non-sequitur. So what if he scolded the people and entities you mentioned? Did anyone from the Catholic Church or the CHR get jailed by Duterte?

The Church being silent for the past several weeks IS relevant. Tahimik na nga eh binanatan pa ulit ni Duterte at dinamay pa yung Diyos. Tapos sasabihin mo na he welcomes critisisms?! Bulag ka ba?

One month is irrelevant. They have criticized Duterte for two years. So the Catholic Church can negatively opine about Duterte with impunity and Duterte has to shut up? The last time I checked, we are in a democracy and if the leaders of the Catholic Church can criticize Duterte, Duterte can do the same. The sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Edited by will robie

On the contrary,(comma) time and again,(comma) it has been seen in this forums (either this forum or these forums) and a lot of threads that your reasonings (kulang ng s) are the ones that are off tangent. You always back pedal when your arguments are being challenged (kulang ng d). Ni spelling lang ng god mali na pagkakasulat mo. (period then capital b sa basic>) Basic yan kahit saan ka magsulat mailban nalang kung jejemon ka? (period dapat, hindi question mark kasi hindi naman tanong ito) Di (kulang ng i) naman cguro? (period ulit dapat dahil hindi rin ito tanong)

And Will is correct. (period) 2 weeks? 1 month wlang sinasabi ang mga pari? Sure ka? Either nasa bundok ka or kahit radyo di (kulang ng i) na nakikinig.

Nung sinabi ni Will - duterte (capital d dapat sa Duterte) welcomes critics? Baket d(kulang nanaman ng i - jejemon ka ba?) pwede mag counter pag sinabing welcoming critics? Saang rule book meron yan. (period then capital P>) paki post para mabasa namin.

Ayoko sanang patulan yung pag correct mo sakin ng capital g sa "god" dahil politics ang pinaguusapan dito at hindi spelling, pero since makulit ka at gusto mong maging spelling/grammar nazi, eh di i-cocorrect ko din yung mga mali mo. Ayan oh ang dami!

It is not a crime to defend one's self especially if there is no hard evidence against him and his government. Nagmumukhang guilty in whose eyes? The yellows? Haha!

yes, the yellows...

.....and the EU ...and the ICC... and the UN... and the Catholic Church... and many other Filipino citizens who are not yellows.

The last time I checked, Callamard went here. What happened? Zilch, nada, wala. So what if he threatens? Ikaw ba? If someone alleges you did something that you know you didn't do and the accusing party does not have a shred of evidence, hindi ka ba magagalit?

Bakit ako magagalit? If I were innocent, I would welcome her to investigate without any fear kasi alam kong wala siyang mahahanap.

Getting pissed at Obama, the EU and the CHR does not mean you are guilty of something that is being alleged against you. Non-sequitur. So what if he scolded the people and entities you mentioned? Did anyone from the Catholic Church or the CHR get jailed by Duterte?

First of all, they are not accusing Duterte of any crimes. They merely suspect and want to investigate. So why is Duterte getting angry?

yes, the yellows...

.....and the EU ...and the ICC... and the UN... and the Catholic Church... and many other Filipino citizens who are not yellows.

Haha! Are the yellows still significant to you? Do you have a ballpark figure how many yellows think that Duterte is guilty? Many other Filipino citizens who are not yellows? You may want to give a ballpark figure to back up your claim. A million? Two million?

Edited by will robie

Bakit ako magagalit? If I were innocent, I would welcome her to investigate without any fear kasi alam kong wala siyang mahahanap.

Did Duterte stop her from investigating? Like I said, she went here but nothing happened. Syempre sasabihin mo since hindi pa naman siguro nangyayari sayo yun.

First of all, they are not accusing Duterte of any crimes. They merely suspect and want to investigate. So why is Duterte getting angry?

Read your post again, specifically post #2461. In that post you said "If he is innocent, then why does he get angry about the ICC wanting to investigate him? " You are suggesting that he is guilty. Again, nothing happened to the investigation. Duterte is angry because they are alleging something which they don't have a shred of evidence on.

Edited by will robie