Duterte's Presidency : Expectations, Controversies, Rants, Etc.

Ok Guys, sama sama nating abangan to.

‘IT WILL BE A METAMORPHOSIS’

Duterte vows a more dignified Digong when he assumes presidency

- See more at: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/568596/news/nation/duterte-vows-a-more-dignified-digong-when-he-assumes-presidency#sthash.KCmPWOf8.dpuf

"I'm really a rude person. I'm enjoying my time as a rude person. I'm not the president What are they talking about," Duterte said when asked about criticisms that his behavior and decorum was far from presidential.

"But when i become the president, when i take my oath of office... in keeping with the dignity of the office ay ibang istorya yan," he added.

Asked how different he would be, Duterte said, "It will be a metamorphosis."

"You see ladies and gentlemen of the media.... I have to tone down on my cursing. It will be history," Duterte said in a mock English accent.

I hope he doesn't morph to something more hideous. You can't teach old dogs new tricks so I'm not holding my breath. :mellow:

you serious about this? forget na lang what the marcoses stole.....so now you awarding corruption, is that right?

Imee and BBM are filthy rich because.............

Imee and BBM are filthy rich because............because what FM stole. Pero all legal means para mabawi failed. What can Digong do about it.

What do you mean awarding corruption? Letting FM buried in Libingan ng mga bayani? I don;t think bibigyan naman ng cabinet post si BBM after 1 year.

Lets just see where it goes sa pagiging chummy ni Digong sa mga Marcoses. malay mo may popondohan na project iyan kapalit sa paglibing ni FM sa Libingan ng mga Bayani. Maybe he is thinking the only way to get back some of the money is making friends with them.

Edited by haroots2

Looks like P. Digong is going to have an almost 100% Congress Support

Belmonte flies to Davao to meet with Duterte, confirms coalition talks with PDP-Laban

- See more at: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/569050/news/nation/belmonte-flies-to-davao-to-meet-with-duterte-confirms-coalition-talks-with-pdp-laban#sthash.UzyCi8Ms.dpuf

House Speaker Feliciano Belmonte will meet with President-elect Rodrigo Duterte in Davao City Tuesday as talks continue regarding the Liberal Party's inclusion in the "super majority" coalition led by the Partido Demokratiko Pilipino-Laban ng Bayan (PDP-Laban) for the incoming 17th Congress.

This is good news - on to FEDERALISM then

sana two party system na lang ang Pinas ...ganun din naman eh ang dami-daming partido/kandidato ang naglalaban-laban, nagsisiraan at nagpapagalingan. Nung matalo, makikipagsanib pwersa rin naman pala as if hindi nila binanatan yun partido na sasalian nila ngayon.

at least sa two party system we end up getting a president that wins by majority rather than plurality.

Digong will have the full support of the Lower house and senate

Koko Pimentel will be next Senate president – Drilon

http://www.rappler.com/nation/135720-koko-pimentel-new-senate-president?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=referral

MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Senate President Franklin Drilon confirmed on Wednesday, June 8, that 16 to 17 senators are now backing the Senate presidency of Senator Aquilino “Koko” Pimentel III.

"I would like to announce that last night, the major political parties in the Senate have agreed to have an aliiance – the Liberal Party and its allied parties, including Akbayan, LDP, NPC, and other allied political groups," Drilon said in a news briefing.

Edited by daphne loves derby

Its been 3 decades ... and the Marcoses are still "filthy rich" up to this day and I assure you they will continue to be so in the next 30 days, 30 months and even 30 years.. if your contention is that yun yaman nila ngayon si sariling sikap then madali naman sigurong i-explain ang pinanggalingan ng lkayamanan derived legitimately.

well baligtarin natin ang sitwasyon ... hindi naman lahat ng nagsilbi sa bayan dapat dun malibing. at hindi dahil hindi nailibing sa LNMB ay ibig sabihin na hindi ka na nagsilbi sa bayan lalu na't kung talagang nagsilbi ka nga at maituturing na 'Bayani". So why insist on being buried there? Honestly, sa mata ba ng mga Ilocano hindi 'BAYANI" si FEM kahit hindi ito nasa LNMB? Well tulad ng sinabi ko tutol ako pero rerespetuhin ko ang desisyon ng pangulo sa issue.

Alam mo not because you supported the presidency of one candidate means you are in favor of all his opinions/decisions. As for me while I question Du30's stand on the said matter, it does not mean I am not in favor the other things that he intends to implement like say the curfew, drive against crime and drugs.

So tell me how can the people benefit from Du30 decision to allow Marcos to be buried there without speculating. For now all we know that Digong admits to being close to the Marcos since his father served the former president. We also know that BBM is a friend and that he won't do anything to hurt him. We also know that Du30 promise change and vows to fight corruption. So to sum it all up fighting corruption (again let me remind you that you said nagnakaw ang mga MArcos) and being chummy with them seems to be very irrational and hard to reconcile.

Edited by rooster69ph

but that is not the point. corrupt si marcos, anti-corruption si duterte pero bakit dikit sya sa mga marcos? dahil erpats nya bata ni makoy? ganun ba yun?

Hiis father was Governor of Davao from 1959-1965 and died 1968. His mother was anti Martial Law and protested against Marcos.

Interesting! nice way of showing the flipside. Ayan feminista na ito ha.

http://www.rappler.com/nation/politics/elections/2016/132854-tough-persona-duterte-davao-feminist

Lets be honest here.... kadami dami mga pulitiko dyan tatlo tatlo pa kabit. Meron din dyan rapist (Mayor Sanchez), Merong pedophile (Romeo Jalosjos), Meron din na me scandal pa (governor from bicol), at meron din dyan presidente na mansion ang regalo sa mga kabit nya (Erap).... But how interesting that a Mysoginist like Duterte would do as much for Women sa kinasasakupan nyan.

Ok hindi ko sinasabi na tama manipol at maging babaero. Ang sinasabi ko dito una, huwag masyado focused sa personality ng tao. Lalo sa nakikita sa panlabas. Mas ok sakin yun aminadong chickboy, kesa naman kagaya ni Jalosjos at Sanchez na panatikong Katoliko, pero pinaglalawayan naman ang anak mong babae na 16 anyos.

Pangalawa, komo chickboy manyakis na agad (Pervert, sex maniac)? Eh lahat naman tayo dito sa MTC siguro manyakis na kung ganun. Tsaka as long as hindi naman sya manre-rape ng bata, o manreregalo ng mansion sa mga babae nya gamit pera ng Pilipinas, then wala na akong pano private life nya. Dyos na umusig sa kanya. Basta maayos nya magawa trabaho nya bilang presidente.

Ngayon dun sa reporter na sinipulan nya. Ok me karapatan naman sya mabastos. Kung gusto din ng mister nya hamunin ng suntukan si Digong, maiintindihan ko. Pero Ibang usapan pagiging mahusay na presidente

• Like (+1) 2

DUTERTE EFFECT

Fugitives yield, volunteers rise vs crime

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/789782/fugitives-yield-volunteers-rise-vs-crime

“Now, two fugitives surrendered. I think that would be the trend now,” said Recla.

She said she also believed that a reward system offered by Mayor-elect Tomas Osmeña is also having an impact on crime suspects. Osmeña has offered a P50,000 bounty per dead criminal and P10,000 for each wounded suspect.

A resident of Mambaling village in Cebu, Arao-arao said he was convinced to surrender by his brother and a member of the Barangay Intelligence Network, a community group that keeps watch on crime suspects.

“I was scared because Duterte won the presidency,” he said in an interview at the office of Recla.

“I got scared because his propaganda was to clean the country of lawless elements,” he said.

Community courage

In Quezon, the provincial police chief, Supt. Eugenio Paguirigan, said police stations reported an increase in neighborhood participation in the “Kapitbahay Ko, Sagot Ko/Bantay Ko,” a program that entrusts small law enforcement tasks to residents.

Paguirigan said this boosted the police effort to fight crime, particularly the illegal drug trade.

He said people were initially hesitant to support the program, which was launched in January.

“They don’t want to get involved lest they become victims,” Paguirigan said.

The change in attitude was visible after Duterte was elected, he said.

So far, Paguirigan said at least 600 drug suspects have been arrested in Quezon.

At least five suspected drug traffickers were killed by policemen, he said.

Paguirigan said Quezon policemen have been “inspired and motivated” by Duterte’s assurance of support for the war on crime.

Antithesis itong si Duterte.

Yun mga walanghiya at inutil na mga pulitiko bulaklakin lagi magsalita at pagood boy. Pero puro kawalanghiyaan naman alam. SI Duterte butangero at palamura, di rin takot sa simbahan, pero marami naman nagagawa sa kinasasakupan.

Noon pa man hindi darling ng media itong si Duterte. Mas me highlight pa yun pagiging butangero nya, at yan extra judicial killings, kesa sa mga magagandang nagawa nya sa Davao. Ito isipin natin, kung pagiging butangero lang ang meron sya, ganyan ba kadami boboto sa kanya? Tandaan natin nilampaso nya yun ibang kandidato na mas malakas political machinery.

^^^ At this point naman talaga, we have no choice but to wait and see if he can deliver.

All I know is that the House of Representatives and The Senate are evolving to be just the same as before with same old politicians beholden to the oligarchs and vested interest groups. No change there as far as I can see.

This guy is starting to be a National Embarrassment

I am extremely disturbed by recent remarks by the President-elect of the Philippines, Rodrigo Duterte. I unequivocally condemn his apparent endorsement of extrajudicial killing, which is illegal and a breach of fundamental rights and freedoms. Such comments are of particular concern in light of on-going impunity for serious cases of violence against journalists in the Philippines.I will also continue to stand up for the rights of journalists and their defenders to be represented here at the United Nations. - UN Sec Gen Ban Ki-Moon

http://www.un.org/sg/statements/index.asp?nid=9782

the more than 16 million people who voted for him expect change. a lot of change. and improvement of their lives. little things like crime, drugs, traffic, salaries, pension, prices of basic goods, tuition fees

things that the ordinary filipino worry about but were not really given importance by the rich politicians who only were concerned about their vested interests.

it depends on the change kasi.. it can be for the better or the worse.... akala kasi ng 16 Million tao basta change yun na yun....

Guys, stick to the topic please. As you know this thread is about any expectation from our newly appointed president. Having said that, you are free to discuss objectively or anything relevant about the topic. Beyond that, we have the "We Are Awesome" thread to cater your rant or any subjective thoughts and/or ideas. But rules still apply for that matter. Thank you.

^^^ At this point naman talaga, we have no choice but to wait and see if he can deliver.

All I know is that the House of Representatives and The Senate are evolving to be just the same as before with same old politicians beholden to the oligarchs and vested interest groups. No change there as far as I can see.

Dito din masusubukan yun totoong galing ng leadership nya then. Ano gagawin nya sa mga trapong ito, at papano nya pagtratrabahuin ang mga ito sa paraang makikinabang ang bansa. As long as he gets it done, I do not care that much how.

2005 ConCom members back federalism shift under Duterte

http://www.rappler.com/nation/135993-2005-consultative-commission-federalism-shift-duterte-administration?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=referral

MANILA, Philippines – Eleven years after a consultative commission (ConCom) was formed to study amendments to the 1987 Constitution, its former members are backing the proposal of President-elect Rodrigo Duterte to shift to a federal form of government.