Duterte's Presidency : Expectations, Controversies, Rants, Etc.

Marami na ngayong nababalitaan na drug raids. The DU30 effect kahit hindi pa siya nakakaupo. What more kung nakaupo na siya. Al least nagpapakitang gilas ang mga pulis. Ayaw ata nilang ma transfer sa Mindanao. :D The psyche was is working for him, next I want to see how he will shake up with in the govt. in July.

Pag mga senior citizen usually maaga natulog at maaaga gising. Im not sure. He is the President now. Kung si Binay kaya o c Roxas ang presidente ala una pumasok sa opisina, ano kaya masasabi? Anyways, i hope Digong would do the right things. May implication kc yan kung lahat ng tao nasa oras papasok at magtatrabaho tapos syang Presidente eh alas dyes gigising at afterlunch magoopisina.

The problem I see here is late din uuwi yung mga katrabaho niya. In Davao, he calls the office kung may important matter to attend para pumasok ng maaga if not hapon na nga siya pumapasok.

The problem I see here is late din uuwi yung mga katrabaho niya. In Davao, he calls the office kung may important matter to attend para pumasok ng maaga if not hapon na nga siya pumapasok.

Any President would need Malacanang's professional staff to provide him with background details on most things submitted to him for decision.

These personnel can only be of service to him during normal office hours. They have families to come home to. They will not stick with him from midnight to morning.

All Duterte have with him after midnight will be his drinking buddies and political hangers-on. Just like Erap. Now, what kind of advise and support these leeches can give to Duterte?

I can see a lot of bad, uninformed executive decisions Duterte will soon make because of his disconnect with the Malacanang support staff.

Duterte: No Cabinet post for VP Robredo yet

(UPDATED) President-elect Rodrigo Duterte says he does not want to hurt the feelings of 'my friend' Ferdinand 'Bongbong' Marcos Jr, who lost to Leni Robredo

http://assets.rappler.com/612F469A6EA84F6BAE882D2B94A4B421/img/26B1FE60C9224CD5A34F5D1BB7C97863/duterte-robredo-20160530_26B1FE60C9224CD5A34F5D1BB7C97863.jpg

ELECTED. The certificates canvassed by Congress show Rodrigo Duterte getting a total of 16,601,997 votes for president, and Leni Robredo 14,418,817 votes for vice president.

DAVAO CITY, Philippines (UPDATED) – President-elect Rodrigo Duterte finally revealed the reason he had not offered any Cabinet position to Vice President-elect Leni Robredo: he does not want to hurt the feelings of defeated VP candidate Ferdinand Marcos Jr.

In a press conference Tuesday night, May 31, in Davao City, Duterte said: "Non-committal ako diyan (I am non-committal). You know why? I don't want to hurt the feelings of Bongbong Marcos. He is my friend. That is the political reality.”

The President-elect added: "Reconciliation need not come from an appointment [for Robredo]. There is no compelling reason for me to accommodate the VP. I am sorry. Leni must understand that she belongs to the opposite side [of the political fence]."

But later on during the press conference, asked again about the chance of a Cabinet position for Robredo, Duterte said, "Baka. She will be appointed, baka." (Maybe she will be appointed, maybe.)

Marcos lost to Robredo in the official canvass by only 263,473 votes.

Duterte elaborated on his reasons for not considering Robredo for a Cabinet post:

too un-statesmanlike, what do you think?

i know it is his prerogative... but what about the reason he has?

I agree .....

Masyadong mababaw at partisan ang dahilan. Pwede naman token gesture na alukin siya ng isang insignificant position and its up to her to decline kung ayaw talaga. Well the Dutertes have always been politically associated with the Marcoses.

I guess looking forward, ayaw nilang lalong makilala at bumango si Leni sa mga tao at malaking dagok ito kung sakasakali sa plano ni BBM na makabalik sa Malacanang at baka sila na naman ang maging magkatunggali by 2022.

Pretty obvious to me na masyadong nasaktan si BBM sa pagkatalo kay Lackey at ayaw na nilang masaktan pa ito lalo ... Di nila kasi akalain na isang hinahamak-hamak nilang biyuda na walang experience daw ang makakatalo sa isang napakagaling at subok nang Marcos. Truly history repeats itself.

yeah another stupid and inappropriate remark. how can we expect a harmonious relationship between the pres and the vp kung mas importante pala ke P.Digong ang feelings ni BBM.

anyway. I hope this was just another tackless statement, just like the others and will eventually correct himself later on (like he always did)

hirap din ng masyadong prangka at totoo sa sarili

siguro nasa isip pa rin ni P.Digong ang Plan B ng minions

yeah another stupid and inappropriate remark. how can we expect a harmonious relationship between the pres and the vp kung mas importante pala ke P.Digong ang feelings ni BBM.

anyway. I hope this was just another tackless statement, just like the others and will eventually correct himself later on (like he always did)

Digong can use this as a bargaining chip for the priority bills niya sa Congress para hindi harangin ng LP. Bakit kailangan mo agad alokan si Leni ng post, dapat ligawan muna.

Digong can use this as a bargaining chip for the priority bills niya sa Congress para hindi harangin ng LP. Bakit kailangan mo agad alokan si Leni ng post, dapat ligawan muna.

You have a point.

Negotiation for Leni's role in Duterte government will be negotiated backdoor.

Duterte is tactless in answering politically sensitive matters. He is cocky at this time because he just won.

Observe him in the coming months and I predict you will see a much mellowed-down Duterte.

The sooner he realize that braggadocio must be tempered with a lot of subtle diplomacy in managing the government, the business sector, and international affairs, the better for him.

Edited by camiar
  • Like (+1) 1

in other words... he will be just all other predecessors... no change is coming.

Hindi naman sa ganon.

It is possible Duterte is serious about the reforms he wants to do.

But I didn't vote for him because to me, he has not risen above the local level. He is not prepared to handle national and international level issues

He has yet to develop a cohesive team around him.

His problem is he doesn't have enough links to people who can be relied on on specific issues. His network of support is not wide enough nor deep enough. In basketball lingo, he has a shallow bench.

If he were really prepared for the presidency, he should have had the list of his cabinet team ready even before he started campaigning for presidency.

Tingnan natin kung ano ang results ng best effort nya. I'm not expecting much.

What I expect? I quote from the man himself:

War vs corruption, drugs on

http://www.manilatimes.net/war-vs-corruption-drugs-on/265318/

According to Duterte, he will encourage the killing of anyone who may be involved in illegal drugs.

“They put me as President to stop corruption and drugs. It is very clear to everybody. The message is that the people do not want corruption and their money being put in some people’s pockets,” Duterte pointed out.

Duterte said he has instructed his incoming NBI chief to “personally do the killing” of any agent of the bureau who will be found to be hooked or involved in the illegal drug trade.

^Being more specific with the war on illegal drugs, within July, ine-expect ko na magkakaroon ng prison riot o sunog sa loob ng Bilibid Prison at sa aftermath, malalaman natin na natupok ang mga cabana ng mga VIP prisoners at sa kasawiang palad e sumakabilang buhay lahat silang VIP 19. Nothing less, naknamputs hawak na natin sa yagbols mga VIP drug dealers na yan pakakawaln pa ba ng buhay yan?

I expect that crimes will lower but not gone. There ain't no country that has no crime in this world.

I expect more crimes to be committed because of vigilateism.

people will be taking the law on their hands.

as duterte himself is condoning extra judicial killings....

Well yeah, wala naman kelangan ipagtanggol sa sinabi nyang yan. Mali naman talaga kung sa mali. Sana nga maghanap talaga sya ng speech coach para matame ng konti dila nya. At me magabiso sa kanya na huwag masyado magipon ng kaaway. You can't always go gangsta on your critics.

Hindi na naman ito bago kay Duterte. Lagi naman syang ganyan. He is a flawed president and that is for sure. But do remember that if all he had to show for was his foul mouth, hindi naman sya iboboto ng tao. What will matter more at the end of the day is his accomplishments. Sana gumawa ng maraming magagandang accomplishments admin nya. Kundi yari sya syempre sa tao. Otherwise mabilis naman sya mapapatawad dito.

Or not..... kahit naman maganda ang gender development code sa davao, me pinatayong center for battered wives, pinagbawal pagsusuot ng bikini sa mga beauty contest. Misogynist pa din na tinitignan yun tao.

Or not..... kahit naman maganda ang gender development code sa davao, me pinatayong center for battered wives, pinagbawal pagsusuot ng bikini sa mga beauty contest. Misogynist pa din na tinitignan yun tao.

yun na nga ang funny thing.... bawal ang bikini, pero ok lang mambastos ng babae pag si duterte.

that is what you call hypocrisy....

digong must realize that he is now the president of the country, and he should starting acting like one.... he is a role model of the filipinos and kabastusan ang ginagawa nya....

yun na nga ang funny thing.... bawal ang bikini, pero ok lang mambastos ng babae pag si duterte.

that is what you call hypocrisy....

digong must realize that he is now the president of the country, and he should starting acting like one.... he is a role model of the filipinos and kabastusan ang ginagawa nya....

Its what he really does that should weigh more than what he says. At least thats how I see it. On the flipside, maginoo ka nga sa pakitang tao tapos para ka lang palang si Jalosjos. Nonetheless, point taken he was wrong and hopefully he learns to tame his tongue a bit.

I don't know about being a role model and all, but even cannonized saints are not really perfect human beings. Besides people did not elect him to be Mr. Congeniality. What should weigh more is his actions. So lets see kung magiging mahusay nga sya.

Now that Duterte has appointed Diokno as DBM Secretary, I expect more budget releases for agricultural development as well as infrastructure construction projects.

These are two of the many areas the Abnoy government has proven itself to be inept.

• Like (+1) 1

Ok Guys, sama sama nating abangan to.

‘IT WILL BE A METAMORPHOSIS’

Duterte vows a more dignified Digong when he assumes presidency

- See more at: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/568596/news/nation/duterte-vows-a-more-dignified-digong-when-he-assumes-presidency#sthash.KCmPWOf8.dpuf

"I'm really a rude person. I'm enjoying my time as a rude person. I'm not the president What are they talking about," Duterte said when asked about criticisms that his behavior and decorum was far from presidential.

"But when i become the president, when i take my oath of office... in keeping with the dignity of the office ay ibang istorya yan," he added.

Asked how different he would be, Duterte said, "It will be a metamorphosis."

"You see ladies and gentlemen of the media.... I have to tone down on my cursing. It will be history," Duterte said in a mock English accent.

Edited by daphne loves derby