• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Duterte's Presidency : Expectations, Controversies, Rants, Etc.

Nasanay kasi tayo sa presidente na walang ginagawa at nagtatago pag may krisis.

Sa totoo lang, sanay na sanay tayo sa serbisyo ng mga tamad dahil ganyan na ang kalakaran simula pa ng sinaunang panahon. Mga pulis na dadating lang sa eksena kapag tapos na at napatay na ng bida ang lahat ng mga kalaban. Sanay tayo na kapag may hostage crisis, yung mga pulis natin na pinapalabas pa sa tv ang ginagawa nilang pagligtas samantalang may tv sa loob ng bus. Mga pulis na dadalin sa isang malaking operasyon para imassacre at walang coordination para sa back-up na matatanggap. Mga serbisyo ng gobyerno na pabalik balik ka at walang katapusang pila habang ang mga empleyado ay naglalaro lang ng angry birds. Silang mga sinalanta at nawalan ng bahay na hindi nabigyan ng maayos na matitirhan. Mga relief goods na imbes na pinamudmod sa nangangailangan pero binulok lang at hinintay maexpire. Sanay na tayo at ayaw natin ng bagong sistema. Puro pinapatay, tambak na ng patayan, umaapaw ang dugo sa kalsada ng maynila. Subalit nasaan ang sigaw nila sa mga pinatay na humihingi lamang ng bigas? Nasaan ang sigaw nila sa mga pinatay na pinaglalaban ang karapatan nila sa lupa? Nasaan ang sigaw nila ng pinapatay ang mga katutubo na pinalayas sa sarili nilang tirahan? Pinapatay... Tinataboy... Ginugutom... Walang tirahan... Sanay na sanay na tayo dyan sa Gobyerno na para lang sa mga mayayaman.

• Like (+1) 1

Ang ejk is a breach of contract to life. Meron understanding na universal to respect due process and rule of law. To respect human rights. Kung di niya kayang irespeto ang buhay ng tao, investors would think he will not also honor business contracts.

Wow, breach of contract to life..... Masyadong poetic.

My former bosses were Europeans and Americans. They don't think the way you described it.

They are delaying the decisions to set up business in the Philippines because of the deficiencies in our infrastructure needed to sustain their businesses, not because drug pushers and addicts are being killed.

Granted, but at the other end of the spectrum is the widespread criminality associated with most low-lifes (btw, an overwhelming majority of these ejk victims ARE criminals/have committed crimes and aren't in jail for it) so I think these foreign investors are all for criminals proliferating in the streets.

But you also have to consider that many of these so called drug related EJK are not even related to drugs. Just recently Navotas cop got killed in a "shootout" near one of our warehouses in Malabon. According to news reports, there was a shootout between 2 cops. The cop who got killed was holding on to a sachet of shabu and his service pistol. The following day I talked to the kagawad who saw the incident. Apparently the Navotas cop was ambushed then after killing him they put shabu on his hands and put his service pistol beside him para mag mukhang nanlaban. Apparently It's known in the neighborhood that the 2 cops were involved in a love triangle. It was a good thing that many people saw the incident including the kagawad. Kung wala witness malamang yan people will say another drug pusher killed. This is how personal vendettas are being settled nowadays, you shoot someone put drugs and cardboard stating "pusher ako wag tularan". Isip isip din tayo. Not all drug related deaths are actually related to drugs.

Edited by red60

But you also have to consider that many of these so called drug related EJK are not even related to drugs. Just recently Navotas cop got killed in a "shootout" near one of our warehouses in Malabon. According to news reports, there was a shootout between 2 cops. The cop who got killed was holding on to a sachet of shabu and his service pistol. The following day I talked to the kagawad who saw the incident. Apparently the Navotas cop was ambushed then after killing him they put shabu on his hands and put his service pistol beside him para mag mukhang nanlaban. Apparently It's known in the neighborhood that the 2 cops was involved in a love triangle. It was a good thing that many people saw the incident including the kagawad. Kung wala witnessed malamang yan people will say another drug pusher killed. This is how personal vendettas are being settled nowadays, you shoot someone put drugs and cardboard stating "pusher ako wag tularan". Isip isip din tayo. Not all drug related deaths are actually related to drugs.

Ok, given your scenario. If Drug war is not happening and those crime for passion happened, who will be blamed then? Who will prevent either of them from planting evidence (aside from drugs) and make it look like a legitimate operation? Who will count the dead, or is it just another statistics that will be conveniently forgotten?

But you also have to consider that many of these so called drug related EJK are not even related to drugs. Just recently Navotas cop got killed in a "shootout" near one of our warehouses in Malabon. According to news reports, there was a shootout between 2 cops. The cop who got killed was holding on to a sachet of shabu and his service pistol. The following day I talked to the kagawad who saw the incident. Apparently the Navotas cop was ambushed then after killing him they put shabu on his hands and put his service pistol beside him para mag mukhang nanlaban. Apparently It's known in the neighborhood that the 2 cops were involved in a love triangle. It was a good thing that many people saw the incident including the kagawad. Kung wala witness malamang yan people will say another drug pusher killed. This is how personal vendettas are being settled nowadays, you shoot someone put drugs and cardboard stating "pusher ako wag tularan". Isip isip din tayo. Not all drug related deaths are actually related to drugs.

He was too stupid to be part of the drug operation. If it was really an ejk I assure you it won't be done that way.

And I think crime of passion will never be eradicated.

Edited by haroots2

I do not think the EJK per se is the cause of foreign investor apprehension. It is more likely the off-shoot of President Duterte's OA defense of EJK in the country, to the point of insulting and threatening to cut ties with Western powers. I believe the War on Drugs and EJK could have been conducted with less international scrutiny had Big Mouth Digong focused less on his hurt ego. Instead, his headline-grabbing rants invited more international scrutiny of his War on Drugs. Now, instead of the Drug Problem, he has successfully exacerbated the problem to include the nation's security and economic future.

Instead of a well-planned approach to our security and economic concerns, the Duterte cabinet is forced to react to Digong's abrupt policy decisions. Tapos pabago-bago pa yung sinasabi ni lolo. Tsk. Uncertainty sa policy decisions, yun ang malaking problema sa paghikayat natin ng Foreign Direct Investments.

Putting the blame solely on the country's deficient infrastructure for foreign investor apprehension, given that we all live here in the Philippines, is to put blinders on what has just happened in the last 100 days of the Duterte Presidency regarding our relations with other countries. The past administrations suffered the same problem of infrastructure deficiencies yet managed to attract investments and grow the economy.

• Like (+1) 1

Ang ejk is a breach of contract to life. Meron understanding na universal to respect due process and rule of law. To respect human rights. Kung di niya kayang irespeto ang buhay ng tao, investors would think he will not also honor business contracts.

I applaud your Idealism when it comes to Businesses and Corporations having any concern when it comes to human rights and all that. But that's not how the world works. Companies and Corporations only care about 2 things. Number 1 which is prioritized above everything else is. Their Bottomline. The earnings, profits. Number 2 would be their reputation. The reason why they care about public perception and the company's reputation is because it affects their number 1 priority which is their bottomline.

BPO's exist because of the cheap labor. Why would i pay $10 an hour to someone in the US if i can pay $2-$3 an hour to a third world country. Less pay, more labor, more profit for the company.

If it came down to it, US or other companies choose to creat BPO's in the Philippines because they know how to speak English. But if the other countries in asia start prioritizing teaching English in their schools these foreign countries would choose other asian countries over the Philippines if they offer cheaper labor costs than what they're paying the Philippines.

I live in the US so i know what goes on around here. The reason why some foreign companies are putting business interests with the Philippines on hold is not only because of the bad press the President is getting. it also has something to do with public perception. Once consumers see these type of things on the news. They are able to dictate to the companies they buy their stuff from, buy their stock etc.. what they would think of the company if they knew that they are known to be doing business with a country that supports these type of killings

Same thing that happened to Pacquiao when he said those inflammatory remarks towards the LGBT community. Nike being concerned about the public perception dropped the boxing champ's endorsement deal like a bad habit

The companies would then act to prevent any backlash by not associating themselves with the Philippines. If you want to blame someone blame the media for putting the magnifying glass on Duterte. Think about it, if there wasn't any news about these Drug Killings floating around by the media. Business investors would care less if these people were dying as long as its business as usual and their bottom line is satisfied. They gotta worry about the jet fuel they fill their G5's with and also their million dollar homes in the Hamptons.

If you think foreign investors make decisions based on human lives. I'm sorry but that is naive to me. They make decisions based on money and public perception that would affect their money.

• Like (+1) 3

I do not think the EJK per se is the cause of foreign investor apprehension. It is more likely the off-shoot of President Duterte's OA defense of EJK in the country, to the point of insulting and threatening to cut ties with Western powers. I believe the War on Drugs and EJK could have been conducted with less international scrutiny had Big Mouth Digong focused less on his hurt ego. Instead, his headline-grabbing rants invited more international scrutiny of his War on Drugs. Now, instead of the Drug Problem, he has successfully exacerbated the problem to include the nation's security and economic future.

Instead of a well-planned approach to our security and economic concerns, the Duterte cabinet is forced to react to Digong's abrupt policy decisions. Tapos pabago-bago pa yung sinasabi ni lolo. Tsk. Uncertainty sa policy decisions, yun ang malaking problema sa paghikayat natin ng Foreign Direct Investments.

Putting the blame solely on the country's deficient infrastructure for foreign investor apprehension, given that we all live here in the Philippines, is to put blinders on what has just happened in the last 100 days of the Duterte Presidency regarding our relations with other countries. The past administrations suffered the same problem of infrastructure deficiencies yet managed to attract investments and grow the economy.

duterte is only running his mouth against the western powers.... why? because he has to please china.... he does not want to be a lapdog of US and the west,.... but is willing to be the bitch of china.

US and the west is reacting by giving him more bad publicity. they are the real enemy of this government, the yellows are just on the sideline waiting for the opportunity for them to grab to get back in power.

will duterte last long? is his kiss china's ass policy good for us?

wait and see na lang tayo.

• Like (+1) 1

duterte is only running his mouth against the western powers.... why? because he has to please china.... he does not want to be a lapdog of US and the west,.... but is willing to be the bitch of china.

US and the west is reacting by giving him more bad publicity. they are the real enemy of this government, the yellows are just on the sideline waiting for the opportunity for them to grab to get back in power.

will duterte last long? is his kiss china's ass policy good for us?

wait and see na lang tayo.

prove that this is the REAL intention

so much for a conclusion

'Worst airport' no more? What changed in NAIA in first 100 days

http://www.rappler.com/newsbreak/iq/148958-naia-airport-improvement-100-days?utm_content=buffer2586c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Positive feedback

Among netizens, the common sentiment was happy surprise. They reported a smooth and fast experience throughout the entire process: from landing at the airport, to retrieving their bags, even to getting a ride home.

"The place no longer reeked of 'den of thieves.' No one was making parinig about lagay(comments about bribes) nor did I feel that I was prey in a lion's lair about to be eaten up alive," wrote Lorraine Badoy in a Facebook post.

Less delays

But for some netizens, the biggest change in the airport came in the form of flights that departed and arrived on time. It's a big challenge for NAIA, which sees hundreds of thousands of passengers every month in each of its 4 terminals.

According to the airlines, they used to average 40% on-time performance on domestic flights. But Monreal said that since implementing various measures to address congestion at the airport, it went up to almost 80% on-time performance.

Edited by daphne loves derby

'Worst airport' no more? What changed in NAIA in first 100 days

http://www.rappler.com/newsbreak/iq/148958-naia-airport-improvement-100-days?utm_content=buffer2586c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Positive feedback

Among netizens, the common sentiment was happy surprise. They reported a smooth and fast experience throughout the entire process: from landing at the airport, to retrieving their bags, even to getting a ride home.

"The place no longer reeked of 'den of thieves.' No one was making parinig about lagay(comments about bribes) nor did I feel that I was prey in a lion's lair about to be eaten up alive," wrote Lorraine Badoy in a Facebook post.

Less delays

But for some netizens, the biggest change in the airport came in the form of flights that departed and arrived on time. It's a big challenge for NAIA, which sees hundreds of thousands of passengers every month in each of its 4 terminals.

According to the airlines, they used to average 40% on-time performance on domestic flights. But Monreal said that since implementing various measures to address congestion at the airport, it went up to almost 80% on-time performance.

most of the changes came from the former administration

but there are policy changes in this new one which did help the improvement of naia

prove that this is the REAL intention

so much for a conclusion

do you read the news?

Edited by jopoc

most of the changes came from the former administration

but there are policy changes in this new one which did help the improvement of naia

IMO most changes na nakita ko are cosmetic lang. Lalo na sa NAIA 1. Bagong pintura, bagong tiles, etc. So parang bagong hilamos yun airport.

Pero at least para sakin, hindi ko maramdaman na secured ako sa NAIA. Bago laglag bala, usong uso noon baggage theft. At yun gunggung na airport manager (na tyuhin ni PNoy) sa pasahero pa sinisisi kung bakit sila nananakawan. Kasi daw "lukoluko" na naglalagay sila ng mamahaling items sa bagahe nila.

At me ilang insidente pa na bumabagsak na lang mga kisame sa NAIA 3.

Sa laglag bala issue naman na yan, ano ba naging aksyon ng gobyerno? Wala! Turuan, puro pangako! Kasimple lang naman ng hiling ng publiko. Na sana kung sila mabiktima nyan, eh huwag naman gipitin. Pero walang naging tugon dyan past admin bale. So bahala na lang pasahero magplastic ng bagahe nila para huwag mahulugan ng bala.

Add to that, bakit hindi sinibak ang napakainutil na si Jose Honrado? Anong klaseng manager yan? Tinanong sa senado magkano income ng airport sa terminal fee hindi alam. Ilang CCTV kelangan idagdag, hindi rin alam. Magkano unit price ng CCTV hindi alam. Anak ng! Tama tanong ni Marcos eh, ano ba trabaho nya dyan tuloy?