Nba 2016-2017 Season! Let's Get It On!

Eddy Syet

not gonna happen my friend lol :P I think the Knicks would attract other soon-to-be free agents but NOT KD. As far as rookie contracts are concerned, they're from different rookie batches so I'm hoping that they'd eventually be locked (the Magic had locked up Vucevic and Harris to contract extensions so far).

As far as DJ vs TT is concerned, contract-wise, DJ's just at four years while TT's at five. Moreover, DJ is a high percentage shooter and defends well. TT doesn't provide that shot-blocking presence around the basket. DJ can coexist with Blake inside the court but TT and Kevin Love plays the same position so that's that.

Never say never, read my posts on the Knicks thread as i've been reading some rumblings with KD and Melo. If it does happen, the power in the east will shift towards the Knicks with Melo and KD playing under the triangle. hahaha

People were booing the Knicks when they drafted Porzingis because no one knew anything about him except Phil. Look at him now, people are praising Porzingis even Magic Johnson called him the "steal of the draft". Clearly Phil knows something that we don't. I will leave it up to him to talk with KD over the summer next year so he can convince him to sign with the Knicks. Or should i say, let his KD's good friend Derek Fisher lure him. BTW the Melo is also close to KD, so there's potential and i'm hopeful.

I won't be surprised if KD does decide to sign with the Knicks. Let's revisit this topic again next summer haha

With Thompson and Deandre, I've been watching them play and taking their stats out of the equation and just relying on my "eye test" i think they're not that different. They're both athletic and can catch alley oops both play defense and can block shots. With Kevin Love if you watch their games whenever he is on the floor with Thompson, Love would stretch the floor by being on the outside while Thompson says inside. As for their contracts, i agree they shouldn't be paid that much either but thats what their teams are willing to pay them.

Edited by hahnz

tbh I think TT plays because Cleveland ought to get something from THAT big of a contract. TT has 0.7 blocks per game as per ESPN stats and the most he got was three in games against Utah and Philly (which is surprising given the size of their frontcourt). DJ has three a game. But yeah, numbers-wise, DJ > TT regardless.

As for KD, he may NOT abandon OKC even if they don't win it all this year. KD may go for a Qualifying Offer to gauge Westbrook and Ibaka's Free Agent romp come 2017 (Westbrook is believed to go home to LA) but if OKC gets dismantled, KD may come home as well to DC.

13-0

GSW 124 - 117 LAC

what a bunch of choke artists the clippers are, leading by 23 into the 4th and they let the warriors come back. I don't know if it was complacency on their part since they thought with a big lead, the warriors are just gonna give it to them. I'm so disgusted with how they finished the last quarter. I don't think they have the killer instinct to finish off a team. If you are leading that big, you don't take your foot off the pedal. You play the whole 48 minutes. Clippers just stopped playing the last 5 minutes.

Curry is a freak. That's all im gonna say about him. That crossover and step back 3 and curling off the screen for a 3 are the things i noticed that he is deadly at.

nice game between clips and warriors. it's not how you start, it's how you end the game that is important. clips thought they had the warriors...but curry, iguodala, klay and company had other plans. 13-0 and counting. next up will be the bulls...another tough game for dub nation.

what a bunch of choke artists the clippers are, leading by 23 into the 4th and they let the warriors come back. I don't know if it was complacency on their part since they thought with a big lead, the warriors are just gonna give it to them. I'm so disgusted with how they finished the last quarter. I don't think they have the killer instinct to finish off a team. If you are leading that big, you don't take your foot off the pedal. You play the whole 48 minutes. Clippers just stopped playing the last 5 minutes.

prolly the same reason they lost the West Semis game against the Rockets last year: no killer instinct. IMO, Lance Stephenson is a product of Frank Vogel's system. Him leaving Indy made him fall flat on his face. He's good but he isn't what people should be expecting outside Indiana.

prolly the same reason they lost the West Semis game against the Rockets last year: no killer instinct. IMO, Lance Stephenson is a product of Frank Vogel's system. Him leaving Indy made him fall flat on his face. He's good but he isn't what people should be expecting outside Indiana.

stephenson seems to have been taken out of the rotation because he has been struggling with his play. Looks like he's been benched. He didn't even play against the warriors. Ever since he left Indy he's been struggling, from Charlotte to L.A.

The thing i noticed in the game is how they struggled against the small ball lineup of the Warriors. As talented as the Clippers have with their offense, they couldn't keep up with Green playing Center and Iguodala and Barnes as their frontcourt with Curry and Thompson in the backcourt. The clippers need to make a trade for a more versatile player so they can match up with that small lineup.

I think the Spurs can play that style because they have the lineup to go small. I am highly anticipating that game against the spurs.

Hah, the Knicks won against the Thunder. With KD on the sidelines watching, Melo gave them the business. Don't Look now, but the Knicks are on a 2 game win streak. They are certainly a surprising team this season far from last season's embarrassing performance.

Keep on impressing the league Knicks, so you can get KD's attention. Keep on improving each game, you will be back to prominence soon

Hah, the Knicks won against the Thunder. With KD on the sidelines watching, Melo gave them the business. Don't Look now, but the Knicks are on a 2 game win streak.

well, the Thunder fought back and like what you've mentioned, without KD in tow. I'm impressed with the Knicks but they wouldn't really make it in the Playoffs this year. Good but not good enough IMO. Oh, and I do hope Melo plays like an MVP candidate this year. He's in my fantasy team lol

team that MIGHT beat GSW in the coming games after that Chicago rout? A fluky win by my Suns at the Talking Stick Resort Arena (gahd I hate that name change).

The only way i think the warriors will lose is if they are getting off a back to back on the road. Next month they start an east coast trip of 5 games in 7 nights, that's a brutal schedule if you ask me, they play the game then leave for the next city and play the following night. Although looking at the schedule they have this month, its highly unlikely they will lose.

All i know is, no one expected the Knicks to be playing like they are playing now, I'm going to take it one game at a time and see how they are in April. But they continuously surprise me.

The only way i think the warriors will lose is if they are getting off a back to back on the road. Next month they start an east coast trip of 5 games in 7 nights, that's a brutal schedule if you ask me, they play the game then leave for the next city and play the following night. Although looking at the schedule they have this month, its highly unlikely they will lose.

Or just a horrid game. I'm expecting the Suns to surprise them really. I'm surprised with my Suns being THIS competitive early on tbh even though they've succumbed to really good teams