Nba 2016-2017 Season! Let's Get It On!

Eddy Syet

well at least there's one other member here who thinks Golden State will get back to the FInals, oddsmakers have the Cavs winning it all this year.

apparently nothing has changed. it's still cavs all the way. that's exactly what the oddsmakers said last season...with a lineup of james, love, irving, thompson, et al cavs would win it all. it never did though.

Edited by junix

And we are back to regular programming! Excellent opening night! Can't wait to see the other teams in action.

Notable teams to watch for me would be the following:

• Portland Trailblazers - my 2k15 team. Let's see how the gutted roster works out this time. Cue shine bright like a diamond for Lillard.
  • San Antonio Spurs - possibly the last run for Duncan and the gang. Future still looks bright tho with Kawhi and LaMarcus in the roster.
  • LA Clippers - can't think of a DEEPER roster than this one, Championship or bust.
  • LA Lakers - to see how the youngsters develop ie. Clarkson, Randle, Russell. Can Kobe stay healthy this time on his record 20th season in purple and gold?
  • Miami Heat - interesting how far this team would go with a healthy Bosh, and the additions of Gerald Green, Amare Stoudemire and rookie Justice Winslow. Whiteside has a lot of upside and the Dragic still has a lot of room for improvement.
  • Golden State Warriors - nuff said. Chef Curry is still red hot!

Time to maximize that Cignal TV HD subscription.

apparently nothing has changed. it's still cavs all the way. that's exactly what the oddsmakers said last season...with a lineup of james, love, irving, thompson, et al cavs would win it all. it never did though.

they made the pick before the season started based on the kind of talent that is available on the team. of course you can't really make an accurate prediction since there are variables to consider. Injuries during the season hurt the team. Kevin Love didn't even play in the finals. Irving got injured in game 1. Lebron can only do so much. The oddsmakers make a pick on which team they think has the most talent to win a championship. It's pretty much the same thing that could happen to the Golden State Warriors. What happens to them if let's say Curry goes down with an achilles injury or Klay thompson is out for the season. That can change the course of the team.

they made the pick before the season started based on the kind of talent that is available on the team. of course you can't really make an accurate prediction since there are variables to consider. Injuries during the season hurt the team. Kevin Love didn't even play in the finals. Irving got injured in game 1. Lebron can only do so much. The oddsmakers make a pick on which team they think has the most talent to win a championship. It's pretty much the same thing that could happen to the Golden State Warriors. What happens to them if let's say Curry goes down with an achilles injury or Klay thompson is out for the season. That can change the course of the team.

Ang masasabi ko lang dyan. LeBron can always be counted upon to get into the finals. Winning a title is a totally different thing. :)

Ang masasabi ko lang dyan. LeBron can always be counted upon to get into the finals. Winning a title is a totally different thing. :)

I'm thinking the Cavs are gonna start slow because of some injuries i read in their team report. Lebron seems to be suffering from back problems and had shots in the back to relieve the pain. kind of like what Nash had in phoenix, or bird with the celtics. Irving is obviously out, won't come back until January. Love is slowly getting back to from coming back from shoulder injury, Shumpert is out for 2 months due to a muscle wrist injury suffered during training camp. Mozgov is also getting back in shape because of knee surgery in the offseason.

They'll struggle because of these injuries but they should be able to still get some wins. Especially since they are playing in the weak eastern conference.

I'm thinking the bulls, hawks, heat and wizards (barring any injuries to the team) will get the early good starts.

Here's to hoping the Knicks stay in the middle of the pack. I'll be happy if they get to be .500 team this year

Edited by hahnz

i think it's still Durant's team. Just think of last year, they didn't make the playoffs even with Westbrook. They are a different team with KD.

The Cavs looked like they were in a pretty good rhythm too. Trashing the Grizzlies 106-76. Kevin Love stepped up with 17 and 13. Lebron struggled surprisingly.

I'd attest Bron's bad game to his back flaring up and it's a back-to-back game. But regarding OKC's dilemma, would you rather go with KD or Russ? Given that you might lose one next year (KD) or the year after (Russ), who's more valuable of the two?

Keep the guy who's on the last year of his contract happy. That way, he would realize that the team values his worth and appreciates him. Plus let him observe and look at the team he's playing for and get him to realize that this is the team where he has the best chance of winning a championship.

But I'm not saying they should lose Westbrook. KD needs Westbrook as much as Westbrook needs KD. You saw them play without the other on several occasions because of injuries in the past. They struggle.

I don't think money will be an issue anymore since after this season. The Salary Cap will increase which will enable the team to pay their players higher salaries. This is why i think KD won't leave because he would realize that this team is built for a championship run. Some people from the NBA circles even picked them this year to get to the finals so i don't think their team is lacking in talent.

We might have overlooked them because they missed the playoffs last year due to injuries but looking at how they played against the spurs. I think they will make noise in the West. Curiously im going to root for them in the west even if they aren't my team.

On a side note. Why did Byron scott go with Lou Williams to take the last shot instead of Kobe? Is he out of his mind. 37 yrs old or not this is still the Black Mamba. That's why he gave him a minutes restriction so he could be fresh for the last few minutes of the game and when the game was on the line he didn't go with him? What's up with that?

Edited by hahnz

On a side note. Why did Byron scott go with Lou Williams to take the last shot instead of Kobe? Is he out of his mind. 37 yrs old or not this is still the Black Mamba. That's why he gave him a minutes restriction so he could be fresh for the last few minutes of the game and when the game was on the line he didn't go with him? What's up with that?

I agree. That was a stupid, stupid move. I wouldn't care even if Kobe shot 1/15 FG the entire game. If the game is on the line and I need a basket - I'll give it to Kobe and tell everyone to get the hell out of his way.

Lets get it on!

Dude seriously, if you have anything to contribute to this thread instead of posting "Let's get it on" just so you can add posts to your account is ridiculous. I should report you to the mods for posting this non sense.

Edited by hahnz
  • Like (+1) 1

Dallas Mavericks vs LA Clippers tonight.

I know that the Clippers are the stronger team and they are the favorite to win this one. I'm still hoping, as a Mavs fan though, that Dallas can pull up an upset against DeAndre Jordan and the Clips. I want this victory so bad as part of the payout for our disastrous off season due to DeAndre's lack of balls!

You think you'd really be an All-Star alongside CP3 and Blake Griffin, DeAndre? Think again. You could easily become one in Dallas, though. :lol: You'll be wanting out soon. There's no way the Clips will make you a big focal point of their offense with so many offensive talents around. You'll see.

I agree. That was a stupid, stupid move. I wouldn't care even if Kobe shot 1/15 FG the entire game. If the game is on the line and I need a basket - I'll give it to Kobe and tell everyone to get the hell out of his way.

i'll agree. if there is one player who wants the ball in his hands when the game is on the line, it is kobe. you could see the frustration on kobe's face after the game.

not really a big Kobe fan (read: hater much) but he was being covered by an Andrew Wiggins with backspasms. You guys were right na he should've gotten the ball somehow. Feel ko Danny Green moment lang with Lou Williams there: wala namang nag-eexpect na ako ang titira eh.

You think you'd really be an All-Star alongside CP3 and Blake Griffin, DeAndre? Think again. You could easily become one in Dallas, though. :lol: You'll be wanting out soon. There's no way the Clips will make you a big focal point of their offense with so many offensive talents around. You'll see.

Which B/R is also reporting na may chance mangyari. Him going to Dallas via trade would be realllllly dramatic though. Wild guess: OKC lures him for Kanter, Waiters, and probably Kyle Singler's "mullet ba yan pero parang buhok ni Chris Kaman dati" hairstyle for him, forming a formidable frontline with KD and Serge. #WildestDreams #magconcertsiTSwizzlesaPHArenaeh