Nba 2016-2017 Season! Let's Get It On!

Eddy Syet

I like the Grizz but apparently, they can't really compete in today's NBA. *sigh*

They're the only team still doing that though. The inside out game with Gasol and Randolph. I like their style but they seriously lack shooters and their offense sometimes suffers because they don't have anyone other than Gasol and Randolph to go to. Especially if those 2 aren't clicking. Conley is good but inconsistent offensively

Edited by hahnz

They're the only team still doing that though. The inside out game with Gasol and Randolph. I like their style but they seriously lack shooters and their offense sometimes suffers because they don't have anyone other than Gasol and Randolph to go to. Especially if those 2 aren't clicking. Conley is good but inconsistent offensively

I don't know why the big brasses can't seem to see the need for a go-to scorer in Memphis which has been lacking since they traded Rudy Gay away. Gasol for all his greatness is not a scorer. Ditto with Z-Bo. Conley can light up the scoreboard occasionally but he's a point guard. This is what they should address right away. They have superior defense but they are being exposed by teams with great long range shooters (which happens to be the majority of the NBA teams).

I heard of the internal squabble between Krause and Jackson. Krause was the one who should have been fired but he was Jerry Reinsdorf's boy. So Krause was an egomaniac who would rather have credit for his handiwork than win more championships.

It was more of Krause having friction with their star player who just happened to be the best player on the planet MJ. and resentment towards Phil because he got all the press and credit when they were winning and yes, Reinsdorf was a good friend of Krause that's why he couldn't just fire him. Reinsdorf didn't want to get in the middle because he didn't want to upset MJ either. All these internal disputes were hidden because they were winning. Winning trumps any resentment or arguments they had with each other.

Among active players that have the clout to make demands like this are Kobe and Lebron. You could very well see that ownership wants their star players to be happy.

Magic Johnson did something like this too. He was Jerry Buss' favorite when he was drafted in 1979. Pat Riley wasn't the only coach who won those championships with Magic and Kareem during those days. In his rookie season when he won his first championship. The Lakers' coach was Paul Westhead. Although they won that year. Magic was clashing with his coach with regards to the offense, Magic wanted a more up tempo style which Westhead wasn't keen on doing. So Magic went to his good friend Dr. Jerry Buss and got Westhead fired. Enter Pat Riley who employed the up tempo "Showtime" style offense that Magic wanted and its all history from there.

Just goes to show that some star players have the power sometimes to make decisions on who to hire personnel wise.

I don't know why the big brasses can't seem to see the need for a go-to scorer in Memphis which has been lacking since they traded Rudy Gay away. Gasol for all his greatness is not a scorer. Ditto with Z-Bo. Conley can light up the scoreboard occasionally but he's a point guard. This is what they should address right away. They have superior defense but they are being exposed by teams with great long range shooters (which happens to be the majority of the NBA teams).

There's definitely something wrong with their team the way they've been playing lately. You could see it in the way they play. They have a talented team and shoudn't be blown out just like that. I won't be surprised if they make a change with their coach or make some trades before the deadline.

Winning absolutely trumps any resentment of individuals in a basketball organization. However, franchise players, especially, the franchise players today have a "right" to accept or veto a management decision. Take for example, Lechoke James' decision to keep Tristan Thompson, who in turn demanded a higher salary than what his talent is worth.

There were franchises before which had autonomy because they had sublime franchise builders. The perfect example of this is the Boston Celtics management. Red Auerbach is a legend in franchise building. From the late 50s to 60s dynasty to the early 70s championships of Cowens and Hondo to the legendary 80s team of Larry Legend, Mchale and Parish.

Well the Cavs are kind of treading carefully with regards to Lebron. He has leverage after all. That's why they try to please him as much as possible. But in the end he kind of backed off a bit when Thompson was overplaying his hand with the negotiations in trying to haggle for more money and holding out on signing the offer the cavs were offering. That plan of theirs thompson and his agent backfired when no team was offering anything on the table. Given his asking price.

The Celtics are kind of an exception. You just don't demand anything from Red. That man commands so much respect no one would dare, not even if you were a star player on the team.

Today's players are given more bargaining power when they want to ask for more money in their contracts. With next year's salary cap increasing. Upcoming free agents will get to leverage more money when the new salary cap ceiling kicks in next year. That''s why Lebron signed a 2 year contract with a player option on the 2nd year to opt out. So he could negotiate for more money next year. Get the max deal that he's been longing for. He didn't get a max deal when he played for Miami because he had to take a cut just like Bosh and Wade did when they signed.

Now being back in Cleveland he could get the max deal that he wants and some control over basketball decisions. I said some control meaning he could try to alter any deal the team is doing if he doesn't like it.

--- Anyways, the game between the OKC Thunder and Washington Wizards was interesting since KD's hometown is Washington D.C. the fans were getting his attention with all the "KD + Wall = 2016" posters. Since this is the last year of Durant's contract Wizards fans are pleading with KD to sign with the Wizards next year. I don't think Washington is on his list of teams he is interested in. Even if that was his hometown, the way to get him interested is to give him a presentation on what the teams goals are and what their plans are for making the team competitive. From what i've read the Knicks, Lakers, Nets are among the teams he is interested in not in that order.

But looking at the Thunder. I think he should stay because they have the pieces to win. Sam Presti needs to shore up their bench and add some instant offense for the 2nd unit and not rely on Durant and Westbrook to bail them out everytime. The Harden trade still hurts them i think.

I still can't believe the shot was too late to be counted. 0.1 second more and the shot would have counted. But the previous play was Melo's fault. he could have won the game for them before Porzingis' shot. But he airballed his Jumpshot.

They could have been on a 3 game winning streak. but now they lost again.

Kristaps Porzingis is gonna be big for New York the entire year. Almost with that winning trey. I sense the Knicks MAY sneak into the Playoffs this year. Great experience for Porzingis if they do make it

He's PorzingGod HAHAHA

On anothernote. Pacers fan here. So happy for Paul George, playing at 100%. Kinuha ko siya ng mataas sa fantasy kasi favorite player ko siya ngayon and nagppay-off naman (except sa fckng TOs niya). Haha!

post-116634-0-28813100-1447344785_thumb.jpg

Hey, DeAndre! You may have the better team on paper but we got one over you! :lol:

The biggest fvck you of them all? Dirk scoring 31 pts on you (11/14 FG and 5/6 3P)!

And did you feel that air blowing on your nape? That's the all-star selection that you'll never get in LA while playing alongside Blake and CP3 telling you, "goodbye." ;)

Good call by the refs. :)

it's ok. i'm pleased to see that they are not embarrassing to watch compared to last year. Last year they were laughable. This season they are competing every game. They can only get better each game, i won't be surprised either if they decide to trade away Melo so they can get more pieces. I'm sad to say it but i have to say that Melo has reached his peak and the Knicks should think about getting something back for Melo because everyone knows that his window is closing fast. With this current roster they just don't have enough talent to compete for a championship. A playoff spot maybe yes but they are long away from contending with the Cavs, Heat, Bulls and even the Hawks.

But that plan might change if they are able to bring in a superstar or all-star caliber player from Free Agency if they do decide to keep Melo.

Then they could contend with the top teams in the East.

They have a chance for next year when upcoming free agents such as Kevin Durant are available and they can make an acceptable plan to win. Hopefully their performance this year will attract free agents to sign with them. Not to mention the fact that the salary cap limit will increase and they can offer more money.

Edited by hahnz

Sacramento Kings coach George Karl's job is in jeopardy

George Karl is in trouble.

Even those closest to him are willing to admit that much.

The Sacramento Kings coach who came to town nine months ago, who was given a $15 million contract ($11.5 million guaranteed) that doesn’t expire until the summer of 2018, and whose sterling record of success has been tainted by way of the 12-26 record ever since, isn’t seen internally as their coach for the long-haul anymore. Barring a shocking turnaround – and by that, we’re talking a 40-plus win season that seems unlikely – that much has become increasingly clear.

- I am surprised if Vlade Divac decides to fire George Karl because of the poor start of the Kings who had high expectations coming into this season having quality additions like Bellinelli and Rondo to surround some talent around Demarcus Cousins. Demarcus i think is too much a diva and a head case to throw barbs with his coach. Divac can either do 2 things, fire George Karl their 8th coach in 9 years. This team has no continuity as it keeps changing coaches. I think they should just trade Cousins away. The guy can't be controlled. He is a talented player but is not coachable at all.

Edited by hahnz

The guy can't be controlled. He is a talented player but is not coachable at all.

well, he was controlled by Mike Malone last year but Ranadive was really a dumbass making Malone disappear just because the Kings were losing WITHOUT DMC back then. Add to that the fact that George Karl had clashed with other superstars in the past Like Melo and JR in Denver