Nba 2016-2017 Season! Let's Get It On!

Eddy Syet

Golden State going on a winning streak of more than 24 games is highly unlikely at this point. They are more concerned with keeping their players fresh. They lost to the Nuggets recently, Draymond Green wasn't even playing as he was rested. Most likely, they will be resting their players interchangeably to gear up for the playoffs.

Kobe leads in second voting returns for All-Star 2016

Curry second among all players while James leads way in the East

post-481684-0-73875500-1452780725_thumb.jpg

NEW YORK — The Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant and the Cleveland Cavaliers' LeBron James continue to lead their respective conferences in the second returns of NBA All-Star Voting 2016 presented by Verizon. Bryant, a 17-time All-Star selection, tops all players with 1,262,118 votes, ahead of the Golden State Warriors' Stephen Curry (925,789). James, seeking his 12th All-Star nod in 13 seasons, leads the Eastern Conference with 636,388 votes.

James, the Indiana Pacers' Paul George (457,554) and the Detroit Pistons' Andre Drummond (261,158) continue to pace the East's frontcourt players, with the New York Knicks' Carmelo Anthony (255,536) close behind. The Miami Heat's Dwyane Wade (562,558) and the Cavaliers' Kyrie Irving (271,094) are still the leading vote-getters among East guards, followed by the Toronto Raptors' Kyle Lowry (242,276).

Curry and the Oklahoma City Thunder's Russell Westbrook (479,512 votes) maintain the top two spots among Western Conference guards. Bryant and the Thunder's Kevin Durant (616,096) remain ahead in the West frontcourt voting, while the Warriors' Draymond Green (332,223) has moved into the third spot. Green, who has an NBA-high seven triple-doubles this season, leads the San Antonio Spurs' Kawhi Leonard (330,929) by a slim margin.

The 65th NBA All-Star Game will tip off on Sunday, Feb. 14 at Air Canada Centre in Toronto, the first All-Star Game to be held outside of the U.S. The game will be seen by fans in more than 200 countries and territories and will be heard in more than 40 languages. TNT will televise the All-Star Game in the U.S. for the 14th consecutive year, marking Turner Sports' 31st year of NBA All-Star coverage.

The next balloting update for NBA All-Star Voting 2016 presented by Verizon will be shared on Thursday, Jan. 14. Voting will conclude on Monday, Jan. 18 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. Starters will be announced live on TNT on Thursday, Jan. 21 during a special one-hour edition of TNT NBA Tip-Off presented by Autotrader.com at 7 p.m. ET, featuring Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley, Shaquille O'Neal and Kenny Smith. The special will air before TNT's exclusive doubleheader featuring the L.A. Clippers at the Cavaliers (8 p.m. ET) and the Spurs at the Phoenix Suns (10:30 p.m. ET). The All-Star Game reserves, selected by the NBA's 30 head coaches, will be revealed live on TNT on Thursday, Jan. 28.

NBA ALL-STAR 2016 VOTING PRESENTED BY VERIZON

Eastern Conference - Frontcourt

1 LeBron James (Cle) 636,388
2 Paul George (Ind) 457,554
3 Andre Drummond (Det) 261,158
4 Carmelo Anthony (NYK) 255,536
5 Pau Gasol (Chi) 209,006
6 Chris Bosh (Mia) 194,429
7 Kevin Love (Cle) 172,517
8 Hassan Whiteside (Mia) 168,549
9 Kristaps Porzingis (NYK) 160,170
10 Giannis Antetokounmpo (Mil) 48,768
11 Jonas Valanciunas (Tor) 30,023
12 Marcin Gortat (Was) 27,185
13 Joakim Noah (Chi) 23,121
14 DeMarre Carroll (Tor) 22,797
15 Paul Millsap (Atl) 21,625

Guards

1 Dwyane Wade (Mia) 562,558
2 Kyrie Irving (Cle) 271,094
3 Kyle Lowry (Tor) 242,276
4 Jimmy Butler (Chi) 220,429
5 John Wall (Was) 207,274
6 DeMar DeRozan (Tor) 170,539
7 Derrick Rose (Chi) 159,787
8 Jeremy Lin (Cha) 122,988
9 Isaiah Thomas (Bos) 87,452
10 Reggie Jackson (Det) 44,525

Western Conference - Frontcourt

1 Kobe Bryant (LAL) 1,262,118
2 Kevin Durant (OKC) 616,096
3 Draymond Green (GS) 332,223
4 Kawhi Leonard (SA) 330,929
5 Blake Griffin (LAC) 298,212
6 Anthony Davis (NO) 261,491
7 Tim Duncan (SA) 228,995
8 Zaza Pachulia (Dal) 194,421
9 DeMarcus Cousins (Sac) 190,060
10 Enes Kanter (OKC) 183,468
11 LaMarcus Aldridge (SA) 124,404
12 Dwight Howard (Hou) 120,424
13 Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 99,681
14 DeAndre Jordan (LAC) 91,186
15 Harrison Barnes (GS) 82,427

Guards

1 Stephen Curry (GS) 925,789
2 Russell Westbrook (OKC) 479,512
3 Chris Paul (LAC) 268,672
4 Klay Thompson (GS) 267,602
5 James Harden (Hou) 249,877
6 Rajon Rondo (Sac) 120,767
7 Andre Iguodala (GS) 111,575
8 Manu Ginobili (SA) 100,602
9 Tony Parker (SA) 86,238
10 Damian Lillard (Por) 81,035

Edited by hahnz

there's a third ballot return now. Melo leads Drummond for the last East frontcourt seat with 6,000 votes while Kyrie leads Kyle Lowry for the last East backcourt seat with 30,000 votes. The West's last seats at frontcourt: Draymond Green over Kawhi Leonard for 12,000 votes. No indication on who's next behind Steph so I'm guessing that's Westbrook.

So, reserves? I don't know if Klay should be there this year. The East have TONS of overwhelming guards in Batum, Kemba, IT, Jimmy Butler, DeRozan, and John Wall.

well, the Dubs eventually lost to the Pistons, 113-95. Dubs had a complete lineup but Detroit made Dray work for his shots (Steph is at 50% FG while Klay was at 44%). Wonder home many more games the Dubs would lose though

More than 10, after losing 2 of their last 3 games, I doubt that they would be able to break the Bulls' record of 72-10. :)

Not sure if Bulls would be tough right now... They just lost Noah and i think Pau is also hurt...

They're loaded up front naman with Mirotic, Portis and Gibson but its drawback is the lack of a true center in between those three guys

They have bigger problems with untested wings in Snell and McDermott and PG production with Hinrich, Brooks, and Moore

Derrick Rose is done as an elite player in the NBA. His stats are way down from previous seasons. He is supposedly healthy but he has lost the explosiveness that made him a top guard in the league once mentioned with guys like Westbrook and CP3. He could not even stay healthy this season as he sometimes sits out games, he seems to be concerned and thinking too much on how not to stay injured. There are some moments though and plays where you see a bit of the old D Rose in some games but its not consistent to be even considered relevant.

Watching the game of the Cavs and the Warriors. Right from the get go, the Cavs weren't interested in playing the Warriors. It's like they weren't engaged at all to match the intensity of the Warriors. Kevin Love should be traded i think, he can't play defense at all. That ridiculous pick and roll defense which made him look like he was lost in the woods looking for a way out. He was exposed. Not to mention he onl scored 3 points for the game. An all star playing at this level is pathetic. The Cavs should get a player who can play not only offensively but only defensively. The coach is also to blame here. David Blatt should go, he can't coach at this level. He is nowhere near coaches who are in the league. Clearly the Cavs are a talented team, and David Griffin went to work in surrounding Lebron with talent, but with David Blatt coaching them, they're not gonna win against the Warriors much less with San Antonio. The Cavs need to bring in a coach who is a veteran who has coached in this level, i mean there are a lot of available coaches out there who are more than capable of getting these players to play as a well oiled machine like how the Spurs and Warriors are playing. Tom Thibodeau, Jeff Van Gundy, Mark Jackson, Doug Collins heck ill even be happy if they can get Jerry Sloan out of retirement to coach this team because clearly the guys i mentioned are more than capable of coaching this team than David Blatt.

But if i were to pick from the list. I'd pick Tom Thibs 1st and Van Gundy 2nd. With Thibs, he can transform this team into a defensive juggernaut. With this loss i came across this article where Kevin Love is criticizing Lebron after they just lost to the Warriors.

"We have a lot of things to get better at," Love said. "That's going to take a lot of guys looking themselves in the mirror and it all starts with our leader (James) over there (pointing a finger at Lebron) and dwindles on down."

With losing, you get these types of blowups between players, playing the blame game on why they aren't gelling. Love, who said this after a game where he scored 3 points and was totally ineffective defensively. The cavs front office need to think this through before the trading deadline and make some moves.

Cleveland management finally made a move by firing Head Coach David Blatt and placing Tyronn Lue as head coach. Something that James had been wanting to do since last season but couldn't since cleveland management didn't want to hire Mark Jackson (Lebron's choice) as coach of the team. Since Lebron couldn't get the Cavs' front office to hire Jackson, they instead went to bat for Lue to take over ever since Blatt stepped in last season. Now they got their wish as Blatt was fired today.

I still feel that Kevin Love doesn't fit with the personnel they have on the floor and that he should be traded for a player who can play both ends of the floor. At least you won't see any waiving off plays from Lebron when the coach calls for a certain play during a game

i chose

east: lowry, butler, james, george and drummond. mali ako 2. wade and carmelo anthony..

west: curry, westbrook, leonard, durant and draymond green. mali 1. no surprise kobe's here...

east bench: jimmy butler, andre drummond, paul millsap, hassan whiteside, kevin love, demar derozan, jeff teague

west bench: draymond green, lamarcus aldridge, chris paul, blake griffin, marc gasol, james harden, demarcus cousins

I don't see ATL having someone on the reserves. Kung meron man, si Millsap. Ditto with CLE given K-Love's inefficiency. Bosh might get it over Whiteside though. I see IT playing in the ASG too

Your West picks, mej same ako but I see Lillard and AD having an outside chance

David Blatt fired as Cavaliers coach; Tyronn Lue to take over team

post-481684-0-78705500-1453541030_thumb.jpg

David Blatt's second NBA season seemed to be going better than his first. Now, it's over.

Blatt was fired Friday by the title-chasing Cleveland Cavaliers and replaced by top assistant Tyronn Lue, according to general manager David Griffin.

Blatt had guided Cleveland to the NBA Finals last year, and the Cavs had the Eastern Conference's best record (30-11) midway through this season, but in discussing the coaching change during a news conference late Friday afternoon, Griffin cited "a lack of fit with our personnel and our vision."

"What I see is that we need to build a collective spirit, a strength of spirit, a collective will," Griffin said. "Elite teams always have that, and you see it everywhere. To be truly elite, we have to buy into a set of values and principles that we believe in. That becomes our identity."

While acknowledging his 24 years spent working in the NBA in varying capacities, Griffin said of the Cavaliers: "I have never seen a locker room not be as connected after wins as they need to be. We've only been galvanized when expectations were not high."

Griffin confirmed that Lue, who was a top candidate for the job in 2014 when it went to Blatt, will not have an interim tag and will be the full-time coach. Lue agreed to a deal that will pay him $3 million prorated this season and $3 million next season, with a team option for a third year at $3.5 million with a buyout, a source told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne.

post-481684-0-58874000-1453541045_thumb.jpg

"I am more than confident that he has the pulse of our team and that he can generate the buy-in required to start to refine the habits and culture that we've yet to build," Griffin said.

Griffin did meet with Cavs owner Dan Gilbert, who supported the move to fire his third coach in four seasons.

"Over the course of my business career I have learned that sometimes the hardest thing to do is also the right thing to do," Gilbert said.

Blatt thanked the Cavaliers in a statement released by his agency earlier Friday.

"I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to serve as the Head Coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers," Blatt said in the statement. "I'd like to thank (owner) Dan Gilbert and David Griffin for giving me this opportunity and am honored to have worked with an amazing group of players from LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love through our entire roster. I'd also like to express my extreme gratitude to my coaching staff. I am indebted to them for their professionalism, hard work, loyalty and friendship. I am proud of what we have accomplished since I have been the Head Coach and wish the Cavaliers nothing but the best this season and beyond."

NBA coaching sources told ESPN's Marc Stein that Blatt is intent on coaching in the league again as opposed to immediately returning to the European game, where he was one of the most successful coaches in its history.

James, meanwhile, was informed of the team's decision to fire Blatt on Friday, sources told ESPN's Brian Windhorst. Although James' fondness for Lue and his desire to be coached by a former player were well-known throughout Cleveland's organization, James was not directly consulted Friday on the Cavs' decision to fire Blatt, sources said.

Griffin confirmed that the decision was his alone.

"I didn't talk to any of the players before this decision," Griffin said. "It's really critical to me for everybody to understand this is my decision. This is our basketball staff's decision. ... I'm not taking a poll."

A team source told ESPN's Dave McMenamin that Blatt's firing means "everyone is in the crosshairs right now."

A source also told McMenamin that Lue was a natural choice for the position because his influence within the Cavs was already pronounced from his assistant position. Lue was the highest-paid assistant coach in the league.

"I think it was pretty evident," the source said. "All the guys went to him for everything anyway."

A former assistant coach with the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers, Lue played 11 seasons in the NBA after being a first-round pick of the Denver Nuggets. Griffin noted the history of great coaches whom Lue played under, including Phil Jackson, Doc Rivers, Stan Van Gundy and Jeff Van Gundy.

Rivers said he had mixed emotions about the Cavs' moves.

"Blatt's a heck of a coach and is doing a heck of a job," he said. "He had the most scrutinized job that you could possibly have. I think the reward for coaching LeBron is you get scrutinized. It really is. It's hard. You have a great record, the best in the East, and you get fired for it. Unfortunately, being in this as long as I've been in it, you see it all the time. It's happened to me. It's tough. I'm happy for Ty, but not this way. It's the life of a coach in it and the guy on the sideline like I am. It's a tough one."

The Mavericks' Rick Carlisle, president of the NBA Coaches Association, said Blatt's firing made him "embarrassed for our league."

Blatt's firing comes one day after he became defensive before a win over the Clippers. He was bothered by criticism he and the team received after their 34-point loss to the Warriors on Monday.

"I hear a lot of far-reaching conclusions, and personally, I don't like it, but there's nothing I can do about it because I'm not the one that's saying or doing those things," Blatt said. "I think this team has done pretty well dealing with the adversity that we've had. I think this team is in pretty good position, although people choose to overlook that, which I don't think is fair."

Even though Cleveland started the season without Irving and Iman Shumpert for the first two months because of injuries and had Timofey Mozgov (knee) and James (back) at less than 100 percent coming out of training camp, Blatt's second campaign was going better than his first, when he struggled to adapt to the NBA game after his stint in Europe.

However, there was an apparent disconnect between Blatt and his players.

Sources told ESPN's Chris Broussard that many Cavs players, especially the veterans, felt that Blatt was in over his head as coach and questioned whether he knew the league well enough to lead them to a championship.

Blatt leaves the Cavaliers, his first NBA coaching job, with an 83-40 record. His .675 winning percentage was the best of any coach in franchise history. Cleveland lost to Golden State in the NBA Finals in Blatt's first season and James' return to the Cavs.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Blatt is the first head coach since conferences began in 1970-71 to be fired when his team has the best record in its conference. But Griffin said the move was based on "measuring more than wins and losses."

"This is not an indictment of David Blatt as a coach," Griffin said of the firing. "And it's not to say that Ty Lue is a better basketball coach. He's a better basketball coach for this team today."

Lue will make his debut as Cavaliers coach Saturday when Cleveland hosts the Chicago Bulls (8:30 p.m. ET, ABC).

Edited by hahnz

coaches choose the reserves, so its not going to be based on popularity, but who deserves to get in. cno mga bust for all star reserves para syo for east and west?

yeah that's the thing. ATL's doing it by committee again this year but they don't have the best record so I doubt they'd have two guys there. Millsap's the most efficient guy. Wall's going great for a really bad Washington team (10th in the East) but he's really an all-star. So, to me it's Butler, IT, DeRozan, and Wall at back (last two being wildcards) and Drummond, Millsap and a tossup between Whiteside, Bosh and Pau up front. Pau might get it between the three, Bosh being the sentimental favorite, and Whiteside trying to convince some more.

Out West, it's CP3, Harden at backcourt, Draymond Green, Marc Gasol, and DeMarcus Cousins up front with hanging sentiments over Lillard and AD. AD might not make it this year as his numbers and the Pels are really really bad this year. Not sold on LMA this year tbh. Tim Duncan might get some sentimental votes from coaches too.