Nba 2016-2017 Season! Let's Get It On!

Eddy Syet

Aaron Gordon Final Round 2nd Dunk 2016 NBA Slam Dunk Contest. This dunk was off the rails. Never seen anyone put the ball beneath the legs while in the air while it was being held up high by a spotter. DAMN! They shoulda called wrap after this dunk and sent everyone home. He shoulda won it though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxwnXyL7MDA

i thought this dunk should have won it for Aaron Gordon. The 2nd dunk that Lavine did wasn't as impressive as this one.

Aaron Gordon should have won. No one ever did this dunk before.

high scoring game. should have played some defense at least. not even a little defense was played

agree.. though less defense naman tlga usually ang all star..

Aaron Gordon should have won. No one ever did this dunk before.

i too felt like he was robbed.... tsk tsk.. sayang..

Sana ma-break ng GSW ang record ng Bulls.. Jordan gave his blessing already.. pero i still doubt they could break it and win all the way...

Watch: Woman in stands tells LeBron to ‘suck it up’

As LeBron was voicing his displeasure with an official’s call during the Cavaliers’ game against the Thunder on Sunday, one fan heckled him.

“Just suck it up, LeBron!” a woman in the stands yelled. The moment was captured on camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba4ALRCb2TQ

Guess the fan was getting irritated since her team the OKC Thunder was behind 60-53 in the 2nd quarter.

Edited by hahnz

The projected top two picks of this year's draft, Ben Simmons of LSU and Brandon Ingram of Duke, remind me of Lechoke James and Kevin Durant, respectively. Simmons is a two-way player but still needs to improve on his three-point shooting. Brandon Ingram is an absolute scorer with a dependable three-point shot.

Magaling talaga si ingram....high potential...yeah parang raw KD nun nasa texas university...

Si ben simmons? Parang more of andrew wiggins eh...or lets say jabari parker....

Ingram goes no.1 IMO...

May passing si Simmons at may shot-blocking. Makakascore siya pero dapat lang talaga yung three-point shot niya iimprove niya pa. Combo forward si Simmons at sa tingin ko, kaya niya maging center.

Carmelo anthony then....without the defense part...

Or maybe the greek freak...giannis....

Edited by azraelmd
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14855509/mark-cuban-dallas-mavericks-says-nba-mull-moving-3-point-arc-back Mark Cuban says NBA could benefit from deeper 3-point arc

post-481684-0-06076900-1456558547_thumb.jpg

DALLAS -- Mark Cuban has a suggestion to reintroduce the midrange shot to the NBA game: Move back the 3-point arc.

"It's getting too close," the Dallas Mavericks owner said Friday night of the 3-point arc, which is 23 feet, 9 inches at the crest and 22 feet in the corners, where there is no room to move it back. "Guys are shooting a foot behind it anyways. ... That's something we should look at. It's worth looking at.

"I don't think the number of shots would decline, but I think it would reward skill and open up the court some more. So guys would still take [3-point] shots if it's seven inches back or whatever, but at the same time, it opens up the court for more drives, more midrange game."

The midrange jumper has become an endangered species of sorts, while NBA players are firing 3-pointers at record rates. The single-season record for 3s is 55,137; according to ESPN Stats & Information, teams are on pace to hit 58,477 this season.

Cuban thinks moving back the 3-point arc is an idea the NBA should consider, not to discourage the deep ball, but to improve the spacing of the game.

"I think it'd open it up more so guys with different skill sets could play," Cuban said. "It would open up play for more drives. Guys with midrange games would be rewarded and that would stay in the game. There would be more diversity of offensive action in the game.

"You'd see a little bit of decline in the 3. I'm not saying it's a bad thing that we shoot so many 3s, but it's worth it in the D-League to see what happens [with a deeper 3-point line]."

Cuban quickly dismissed a question about whether the NBA would benefit from adding a 4-point line, perhaps 30 feet from the basket.

"No, because then guys would really use it," Cuban said.

His thought is that the basketball players, from youth leagues to the NBA, have become too reliant on long-range shooting.

"Part of the consideration is not just how our game works, but how kids learn how to play," Cuban said. "It's turned into nobody has a midrange game coming out anymore. Unless you shoot a 3, you can't shoot anymore pretty much."

• 3 weeks later...
If the Grizzlies make the playoffs, they'll make NBA history

post-481684-0-34527800-1458085790_thumb.jpeg

By Brett Pollakoff

Mar 15, 2016 at 11:25a ET

The Grizzlies have been decimated by injuries this season, but somewhat incredibly, they've managed to stay consistent enough to where they've remained firmly in the playoff mix.

Memphis is currently sitting at fifth place in the Western Conference standings, and has a seven-game lead on the ninth-place Jazz with 15 games left in the rregular season.

Should they hold on to a playoff spot as expected, the Grizzlies would be the first team to ever make the postseason that's suited up so many different players.

It is of course possible that Memphis goes on a crazy slide to end the season, as evidenced by Monday night's 49-point loss to the Rockets where someone named Briante Weber started and played 35 minutes. And, even if the Grizzlies do make the playoffs, they're going to get crushed by the Clippers or the Thunder in what would almost certainly be a four-game sweep.

But the fact that they've been able to keep it together with so many different players is a testament to the coaching staff, as well as to the guys who have been able to step in and contribute in place of the team's missing key starters.

This can be a boring season while waiting for the playoffs to start. So i saw this funny and sort of creepy article. Talking about a look-alike double of Kevin Love who works at Disneyland

Perfect Kevin Love doppelganger works at Disneyland

post-481684-0-00262200-1458254047_thumb.jpg

It's clear that Kevin Love is out of favor in Cleveland.

He's still putting up decent numbers -- he's averaging 15 points and 9.9 rebounds per game this season -- but the three-time All-Star doesn't resemble the player who could go for 30 points and 20 rebounds every night.

The power forward is struggling to adapt to a Cavs system that seems to change by the day. He's a shell of his former awesome self and his confidence has to have taken a hit.

That's why when this lookalike was spotted at Disneyland Wednesday, we had to do an honest double-take.

post-481684-0-09815400-1458254056_thumb.jpg

Love hasn't been making an impact on the court -- did he give it all up to fulill a lifelong dream of working at an amusement park?

We can't rule it out. Not until the Cavs tip off with the Magic Wednesday night, at least.

Dwight Howard: 'I've never been a cheater'

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Dwight Howard is surprised and disappointed that he's being labeled a cheater.

On Monday, the NBA issued an official warning to the Rockets for the center's use of a sticky substance on his hands during Houston's loss to the Atlanta Hawks on Saturday. Sources told ESPN's Marc Stein that will be the extent of the punishment.

Sources told ESPN that the NBA notified its 30 teams via league memorandum Monday that the Rockets were issued a formal warning because of "the team's use of an adhesive substance on a player's hands during a game."

Atlanta's Paul Millsap complained about the ball while shooting free throws with 3:36 remaining in the first quarter Saturday. Howard had made a layup before Millsap's free throws.

Howard said Monday that he doesn't understand what all the fuss is about.

"I just think that it's getting overblown, like I'm doing something crazy," he said. "But again, I've never been a cheater, never been the type of player that has to do something illegal to win. It's upsetting, but I can't control it now."

"I just think that it's getting overblown, like I'm doing something crazy. But again, I've never been a cheater, never been the type of player that has to do something illegal to win. It's upsetting, but I can't control it now."

Dwight Howard

After the incident, referees gave warnings to each bench and then approached the scorer's table, where they were directed to a can covered with white tape. The can was removed, and one of the officials told the scorer to alert him if it was seen again.

Howard noted that many players use sprays and powders on their hands during games.

"I've been using the spray for the last five years," he said. "I never hid the spray. I never did anything to try to hide what I was doing. It was just something to make my hands dry."

There was no penalty issued during the game.

Bickerstaff was surprised anyone asked about the can and surprised by reports that the team tried to hide it from the officials.

"Every time Dwight goes into the game, it's the same routine," he said. "It was no cover-up on my part."

Bickerstaff said Howard did nothing wrong.

"He's never run to the back in the locker room to try to trick anyone," he said. "It was never brought to our attention. No one's ever said anything to us about it. If you go back, you can watch every single one of our games for the past three years. It's [the can] there, so we were obviously surprised by the attention it has drawn."

The Rockets are more worried about star guard James Harden's status for Tuesday's game against the Oklahoma City Thunder. Harden missed practice with a sprained left ankle and is listed as questionable. He has missed just one game the past two seasons, and that was due to a suspension for kicking LeBron James last season.

ESPN Rockets reporter Calvin Watkins and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

• 2 weeks later...

post-481684-0-15918000-1459645530_thumb.jpg

Steve Kerr: Late-season struggles similar to what '96 Bulls faced

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The day after his team suffered its first home loss of the season and first regular-season home defeat in 54 games, Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr said that chasing records and the subsequent media attention have had an impact on his squad's recent play.

"I think they want the [wins] record," Kerr said of his players Saturday after practice. "But I think what they probably realize is maybe all the talk and all the focus on the record has gotten us away from the process of who we are."

After Friday night's 109-106 loss to the visiting Boston Celtics, Golden State (68-8) needs to go 5-1 the rest of the way to set the NBA single-season mark of 73 wins.

Although Kerr said he doesn't believe players are consciously weighing the feat, he thinks the pressure and attention their chase of the record has drawn is having an effect.

"I do think the constant questions and talk about -- whether it's home win streak or record or whatever -- I think all that stuff does take its toll, whether the players know it or not, whether it's a conscious thing or not, and it probably has taken a little bit away from, as I said, our process or our work."

When asked if he experienced something similar when his Chicago Bulls team set the record with 72 wins in 1996, Kerr answered in the affirmative.

"It's exactly the same," Kerr said. "Honestly, it was exactly the same. Constant media questioning about the streak."

Kerr posited that the attention had an impact on how that Bulls team finished the season.

"In fact, if you look back at that season, we lost two home games in the last week, 10 days of the season, both by a basket or one point," Kerr said. "We were, I think, I want to say 37-0 or something that season at home, and we lost two of our last four. When we did break the record, in Milwaukee, I still remember it. It was a horrendous basketball game. We won like 85-80 or something. So yeah, it was like the same kind of thing. Constant scrutiny, little slippage in our execution, eking out wins, so it does feel the same way."

Those Bulls did in fact cede two of their last four at home with one-point losses to the Charlotte Hornets and Indiana Pacers. Kerr's memory of the record-breaking game in Milwaukee was off by only one point, as the Bulls won 86-80.

For months, Kerr has been less publicly enthused about the wins record than his players, but he indicated that it does matter to him.

"I care," he said. "I think it'd be a great feather in our cap, caps, whatever."

Still, he re-emphasized a priority on winning a championship and explained how a title would be the greatest achievement.

"I think it'd be cool [to break the record], but we all know what our focus is. We want to win a championship," Kerr said. "The championship goes up on the wall, and records are broken. People break records. Championships last forever."

2015-16 Warriors vs. 1995-96 Bulls: Not even close

post-481684-0-22233500-1460221891_thumb.jpg

Oh, please. Today's Golden State darlings wouldn't win a game against the Bulls of back when, so enough myth measuring.

It has been overripe, this imitation rivalry between the indelible Bulls and the wishful Warriors, as hollow an option as paper and plastic, boxers and briefs, gluten and grain.

Let's see how many metaphors we can torture. The Bulls are the mansion on the hill and the Warriors are the double-wide in the driveway assuming it would be just as grand if it could only get as many bath mats.

It is a race being run with the Bulls already at the finish line, a drink in one hand and a cigar in the other. Come on, boys, and bring us a refill.

Chasing history is dancing with a ghost. It is following footprints. It is adding a new verse to an old song. It is reading a used book.

OK. That's enough.

This whole thing has been concocted by circumstance and pushed by tedium, and entirely beside the point, or the 3-point to invoke the current fashion.

Old Bulls scoff, such as Scottie Pippen and Ron Harper, as well they should. Old foe Charles Barkley laughs out loud. In fact, it is hard to find anyone who thinks Golden State would have a chance, including uncommitted Warriors coach Steve Kerr with a coy foot in each camp.

So what's the point? Blame it on numbers. Or, to use the Mark Twain formula, lies, damn lies and statistics.

The team that wins the most games ever has to be the best team ever. No? Let's check the scorecard. Consider the 2001 Mariners, winners of 116 baseball games who could take only one of four from the Yankees in the playoffs.

The '96 Red Wings, winners of a record 62 games, lost to the 15-fewer-wins Avalanche in the Stanley Cup semis.

Or maybe the 17-0 Dolphins, the team of my beginnings in this sportswriting game, still owners of the only perfect NFL season. But the best football team ever? Not then, and not since.

Argue that the record-setting Bulls were not as good as the Lakers whose mark they passed, or several editions of the Celtics, and say they are iffy against the Shaq-Kobe Lakers or the Lebron-Wade Heat. Say they might not be even as good as themselves the very next season, when the Bulls won three fewer games but dominated start to finish, meeting expectations and overcoming monotony.

But they certainly were better than the Warriors of any time, including the title team with Rick Barry.

Sports relies on this sort of thing, of course, reassurance that the games are getting better and the athletes are getting greater and that records are made to be transferred to a digital file.

Every threat to some standard or other works in both directions, prompting recall of the then with the now, and who does not want to be reminded that the working center of those Bulls was the lost Australian, Luc Longley.

Coincidence gives the Warriors another 7-foot center from down under, Andrew Bogut, every bit as incidental as was Longley. And that, my friends, is where the comparisons should end.

The Lakers team that held the record of 69 wins was not any of the Magic-Kareem-Worthy teams but the one with Jerry West and Wilt Chamberlain, made most notable for the sad, early departure of a spent Elgin Baylor.

When the Bulls were going after the Lakers' mark, there was not nearly the noise, and there was no question about the Bulls' greatness. It was already established by three of the six championships.

It was not necessary to ask Michael Jordan or Phil Jackson, now with the numbers on their side, if they were better than those Lakers. Assume the obvious.

The Warriors seem to need an extra authentication, like another merit badge or sleeve chevron, to demonstrate they are not flukes or freaks or some kind of happy accident.

They are what they are. And the Bulls will always be what the Bulls were, the team against which all others must be measured.