Dc And Marvel Universe

I can't recall if I've seen one in a price guide but some of them goes up in value but it's very rare. I think early

TPBs (first printings) rise up in value too although it's really rare. I also have TPBs and buy some from time to

time if I have some extra cash.

TPBs increase in value...but only those in small print numbers, and are usually indie titles that eventually make it big.

You'll have better luck collecting limited run hardcover collections...the first volume of The Absolute Authority sells for around $150 to $200 on ebay for mint copies. The first hardcover edition of Stardust is valued around the same price range. Early Sandman hardcovers are also well sought after...usually around $60 to $100. I saw a signed first-edition HC of Death:THCL go for about $200 a few years ago.

conspiracy theory plug:

since the buy out of wildstorm by dc, methinks wildstorm will be introduced to the dc world soon. why else will monarch/captain atom be doing in the link between the worlds?

It's already introduced but in a light way. It's been shown in 52 and I know it has ties with Coundtdown. It's just that it hasn't fully emerged on the DCU yet.

Ive read in a Superman comic compilation ages ago, When Supes visited the shrunken bottled Kryptonian City of Kandor (inside the Fortress of Solitude), A shrunken Kal-El and Jimmy Olsen would don masks & costumes, prance around the city as caped crimefighters, inspired by Batman & Robin... hehe

Supes of course has no super powers when he is inside Kandor :D

Edited by orionpax
Ive read in a Superman comic compilation ages ago, When Supes visited the shrunken bottled Kryptonian City of Kandor (inside the Fortress of Solitude), A shrunken Kal-El and Jimmy Olsen would don masks & costumes, prance around the city as caped crimefighters, inspired by Batman & Robin... hehe

Parang I remember this....I think its a story by alan moore...I could be wrong though.

Supes and Olsen would visit Kandor as the powerless heroes Nightwing and Flamebird, inspired of course by Batman and Robin. At one time there was a team-up between the two duos which apparently gave Robin (Dick Grayson) the inspiration to adapt the Nightwing name for himself later on. This all happened pre-crisis of course, back in the sixties, dont know if it was ever retconned post crisis.

Me thinks this was obliterated in continuity , post crisis :D

Supes and Olsen would visit Kandor as the powerless heroes Nightwing and Flamebird, inspired of course by Batman and Robin. At one time there was a team-up between the two duos which apparently gave Robin (Dick Grayson) the inspiration to adapt the Nightwing name for himself later on. This all happened pre-crisis of course, back in the sixties, dont know if it was ever retconned post crisis.

AFAIK the Hulkbuster armor and "Thorbuster" armor are the only armors designed specifically to counter the aforementioned superhumans. The Hulkbuster is familiar to most but the Thorbuster is relatively more obscure. Its based on the Destroyer armor of Odin himself, powered by some sort of Mystical Crystal.

Anyone of you guys, getting Captain America: The Chosen #1? The art looks superb when I browsed IGN.com.. But with the many comicbooks I am getting, I am thinking of cutting this off my list.. Its really a stand-alone storyline.. Not really a necessity for Cap's continuity (that is what I've read).. But if IGN would write a good review on it this Thursday, I might just have second thoughts.. Still, if its not within continuity, I might still pass..

How about Wolverine #57.. the Death of Logan? Rumored to be the storyline to really impact Wolvie's life.. (again!!!) Any thoughts? Might get this instead of Cap: The Chosen.. but still I am not too sold on another "would be" important storyline of Wolverine's life.. So, I might also pass on this.. But again, IGN's review might just make me think twice.. :)

Anyone, saying otherwise? khumpleetist? anyone? hahaha...

Well, the "One More Day" storyline in the SpiderMan comicbooks will be starting this week (in ASM# 544).. Hope it will be a dandy.. I will be getting this whether IGN writes a good review or not.. :rolleyes:

Anyone of you guys, getting Captain America: The Chosen #1? The art looks superb when I browsed IGN.com.. But with the many comicbooks I am getting, I am thinking of cutting this off my list.. Its really a stand-alone storyline.. Not really a necessity for Cap's continuity (that is what I've read).. But if IGN would write a good review on it this Thursday, I might just have second thoughts.. Still, if its not within continuity, I might still pass..

How about Wolverine #57.. the Death of Logan? Rumored to be the storyline to really impact Wolvie's life.. (again!!!) Any thoughts? Might get this instead of Cap: The Chosen.. but still I am not too sold on another "would be" important storyline of Wolverine's life.. So, I might also pass on this.. But again, IGN's review might just make me think twice.. :)

Anyone, saying otherwise? khumpleetist? anyone? hahaha...

Well, the "One More Day" storyline in the SpiderMan comicbooks will be starting this week (in ASM# 544).. Hope it will be a dandy.. I will be getting this whether IGN writes a good review or not.. :rolleyes:

Captain America: The Chosen is really tempting but like you bro my oull list is full and I think it's somewhat a "What If" story. I'm not sure but I read somwehere that it's in the tradition of Spider-Man: Reign.

About Wolverine # 57, I'm not completely sold w/the concept. I mean, C'mon this is Wolverine and Guggenheim would probably pull out a story like what he did on Blade when he died just months ago. No offense to Guggenheim

but Wolverine dying? I think I'll pass for now.

I'll also be looking forward to One More Day and just like you I'll pick this up whether the reviews are good or not. Just wanna complete this arc and hopefully I get off after it. Don't wanna stick around for Brand New

Day because I wasn't sold on Back In Black although the consolation is the fight between Kingpin and Spidey was nice!

Know what Revi? I'm completely sold out on the Magic concept of the MU recently. But i still can't get Ghost Rider in my list because I believe the story w/Lucifer is very long(!) because he's still the nemesis mentioned

on solicitations. I'm currently enjoying Mystic Arcana and I'm waiting for it's big event next year.

What I'm really looking forward is the re-launch of Marvel Comics Presents and I'd be jumping on board on Exiles when the 100th issue hits. I'm just intrigue of the different/alternate univereses in Marvel. Must've been the

impact of Booster Gold's new series.

i read somewhere that the captain america from the past will be appearing in the next marvel storyline and so will the heroes from the past like bucky and other ww2 heroes.

damn... and after they got cap killed, they want to bring him back again.

that's not surprising at all...the only comic characters that stay dead are those without any fans. Every comicbook collector already knows Marvel will bring back Cap within 2 years. Just like the death of Superman, no one really thought they'd let him stay dead, right?

that's not surprising at all...the only comic characters that stay dead are those without any fans. Every comicbook collector already knows Marvel will bring back Cap within 2 years. Just like the death of Superman, no one really thought they'd let him stay dead, right?

I'm not into characters coming back from the dead. They should stay dead. If they come back even if the story is good still leaves a bitter linger for me. But who are them to be blamed because the character earns them money. But I'm hopeful if Cap comes back another character takes up the mantle and w/recent stories it's Hawkeye who's a strong candidate.

I'm not into characters coming back from the dead. They should stay dead. If they come back even if the story is good still leaves a bitter linger for me. But who are them to be blamed because the character earns them money. But I'm hopeful if Cap comes back another character takes up the mantle and w/recent stories it's Hawkeye who's a strong candidate.

haha.. bro, I think you are asking too much from Marvel.. Captain America is one of their staple characters.. And bringing him back as Steve Rogers seems to be likely.. hehehe.. Only time would tell.. I just hope that the storyline would be a good one..

I have the newest Punisher: War Journal.. This is the issue where the Punisher decides to give up being "Captain Punisher" (haha!!!) and "officially" passes the mantle to the Winter Soldier.. Now, its a toss up between Hawkeye and the Winter Soldier.. My bet? Winter Soldier.. But I would not mind at all, if Hawkeye becomes the next Captain..

@khumpleetist:

Several questions bro..

Would you be getting Tales of the Sinestro Corps? The first issue would tackle Parallax yata eh.. Tales is a four part one-shots.. All issues would focus on the main Sinestro Corps characters.. Ion, etc..

I heard that Alex Ross would be pencilling the cover for JSA #10.. "Kingdom Come's" Superman is joining the JSA daw.. Any information on this bro? I am thinking of getting this storyline eh..

I heard that Alex Ross would be pencilling the cover for JSA #10.. "Kingdom Come's" Superman is joining the JSA daw.. Any information on this bro? I am thinking of getting this storyline eh..

get this only if you're not a fan of the old Justice Society comic (they did this relaunch gag just to make money). The old Justice Society was a small, close-knit team, with lots of character development; in the new JSA comic, the team looks a lot like the old All-Star Squadron - a big, sprawling army of superheroes. lots of cameos, but not much by way of char dev