SSS Inquiries... Let Me Help You...

nope. you're not allowed to apply for a salary loan within two years from the date of your last payment under the condonation program sir. :huh: :thumbsdownsmiley:

sir di na ko maga-avail ng condonation, babayaran ko na lang since 1/3 binayaran ko na. 2 years pa rin ako di pwede mag salaray loan?

I filed for a maternity benefit and submitted mat-2 along with the necessary documents around 2nd week of September. It's because I had a miscarriage. I happen to be unemployed since May that's why I had to take care of the filing of forms and following up for my benefit. How soon can I get my maternity benefit? Is it true that it should be within 45 days? Is the check gonna be sent to me by mail? Or do I have to go to SSS for follow up?

I was also advised by someone that I can get my maternity benefit for my first pregnancy with my first child. Apparently, I wasn't able to get anything then because I didn't know I was eligible because I resigned July 2003 and gave birth March 2004. I was asked to pass a certificate from my previous employer that I haven't claimed a maternity benefit for that pregnancy along with my certificate of employment. My problem is, that was way back 2003 when I resigned, so I'm not even sure if they will give me what I need for a maternity benefit. Besides, they didn't even know I was pregnant because when I resigned I had no idea I was conceiving. If ever, is there a substitute to the requirements being asked?

Thanks much!

Edited by saracrew

This might have already been answered previously, so I do apologize if it appears repetitious.

I applied for a salary load with the SSS which was granted in July of this year. Last September 30, I resigned from my job. I understand some employers allow for a continuation of loan deductions that were started with a previous employer. And some do not.

Assuming that my present employer does not allow it, how do I pay the loan on my own? Is there a specific office/window in the SSS which accepts such payments? And will I be obligated to pay a lump sum, or can I still continue with monthly payments?

Thank you.

what is the maximum monthly pension possible ? is it possible to make habol contributions to be able to get this amount.

just thinking that we need to prepare when our income is on the wane already. thanks

so far i know a member receiving 11k as a monthly pension.

what is your status as a sss member? employed, self-employed or voluntary?

in changing your premium payments either upgrading or downgrading your contribution you can only increase or decrease two steps from your current amount of contribution. however, should you wish to pay more than the prescribe two steps you will be required to present a proof of income or an ITR.

for employed members, their contributions are based in their monthly income. :goatee:

I filed for a maternity benefit and submitted mat-2 along with the necessary documents around 2nd week of September. It's because I had a miscarriage. I happen to be unemployed since May that's why I had to take care of the filing of forms and following up for my benefit. How soon can I get my maternity benefit? Is it true that it should be within 45 days? Is the check gonna be sent to me by mail? Or do I have to go to SSS for follow up?

usually it only takes a month to process a maternity claim however, if additional documents will be requeired in support of your claim it will take some time.

since that you were already separated to your employer, you will receive your check through mail. it can also inquire your claim by calling the sss hotline 920-6446 to 55. (good luck hehehehe)

I was also advised by someone that I can get my maternity benefit for my first pregnancy with my first child. Apparently, I wasn't able to get anything then because I didn't know I was eligible because I resigned July 2003 and gave birth March 2004. I was asked to pass a certificate from my previous employer that I haven't claimed a maternity benefit for that pregnancy along with my certificate of employment. My problem is, that was way back 2003 when I resigned, so I'm not even sure if they will give me what I need for a maternity benefit. Besides, they didn't even know I was pregnant because when I resigned I had no idea I was conceiving. If ever, is there a substitute to the requirements being asked?

after you resigned from your previous employer, did you continue paying your contribution as voluntary or self-employed member? did you notify the sss about your pregnancy using the MAT-1 form? if yes, you can claim for your maternity benefit with the same documents that you attached with you present claim e.g. MAT-2, birth certificate of you child registered with NSO, certificate of separation from your previous employer and hospital record (if ceasarian)

Thanks much! welcome :goatee:

Edited by deinyttym
This might have already been answered previously, so I do apologize if it appears repetitious.

I applied for a salary load with the SSS which was granted in July of this year. Last September 30, I resigned from my job. I understand some employers allow for a continuation of loan deductions that were started with a previous employer. And some do not.

Assuming that my present employer does not allow it, how do I pay the loan on my own? Is there a specific office/window in the SSS which accepts such payments? And will I be obligated to pay a lump sum, or can I still continue with monthly payments?

Thank you.

if your present employer doesn't allow salary deduction of your sss loan which you applied through your previous employer. you can continue paying your monthly amortization on a voluntary basis using a ML-1 form which you can get from any sss branch near your place so as to avoid penalties. :goatee:

thanks deinyttym. I wasn't able to pass a mat-1 to SSS for my first pregnancy since I didn't know that I can get any maternity benefit then. from what I was aware of, only currently employed members can avail of the maternity benefit, so I didn't mind.

when I gave birth then I learned that I can claim something from SSS so I went there. I was told that there's no need for a mat-1 since I all ready gave birth. thus, I was asked to pass a mat-2 along with the requirements. however, I was also asked to submit a Philhealth accreditation for the lying-in clinic where I gave birth. I then found out that the lying-in clinic was not philhealth accredited and wasn't DOH licensed either. but then, they are run by the Manila government, so I didn't know that they're not accredited nor licensed.

since I can't produce the said document, I just didn't push for the maternity benefit for my first pregnancy. it was only now that I got confused because somebody from sss told me that I can still file a claim if I can submit the certificate stating that I didn't get anything from my previous employer aside from my certificate of employment.

anyhow, I will just call SSS to follow up for my recent claim. I hope this time I can get it because I've been paying the maximum contribution since 2006. I'm in debt because of my hospitalization and I need to pay that as soon as possible.

thanks again. till my next inquiry ;)

dude you can continue as a voluntary member. all you have to do is fill up sss receipt RS-5. check the voluntary box and wirte your choice of amount for your monthly contribution.

the sss doesn't allow refund or early withdrawal of contributions anymore.

:)

ok thanks for your advice.. :thumbsupsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...

I received all of the documents I passed to SSS last week. It is noted there that I have to pass another requirement which is a histopath. According to my OB, a Histopathologist is supposed to get a sample of what my OB scraped from my uterus during my dilation and curettage. (raspa) The thing is, there wasn't any histopath done after my d and c because my Ob said that it's only an SOP in hospitals but not in lying-in-clinics like his.

My question is, why on earth would there be a need for a histopath? It's not written in the back page of the mat-2 wherein the requirements are listed. What the hell is happening to SSS? I wasn't able to get anything from my first pregnancy after a normal delivery of my son. Now that I had my second pregnancy that resulted to miscarriage, I am being asked of another requirement even though it's not listed as those that I should pass. Does that mean that they're giving me a hard time getting my benefit? Just because I wasn't employed on both cases?

I am now employed again and is about to continue my SSS contributions. However, I'm getting really frustrated with what they've been doing to me. They're asking too much from me.

It could have been okay if it's really a standard requirement that they're asking but not. Is it like saying that they don't trust my ultrasound results and even my OB's records of my miscarriage and dilation and curettage?

Please help, I think I wanna bring this matter to a higher level if nothing happens. Thanks!

I received all of the documents I passed to SSS last week. It is noted there that I have to pass another requirement which is a histopath. According to my OB, a Histopathologist is supposed to get a sample of what my OB scraped from my uterus during my dilation and curettage. (raspa) The thing is, there wasn't any histopath done after my d and c because my Ob said that it's only an SOP in hospitals but not in lying-in-clinics like his.

My question is, why on earth would there be a need for a histopath? It's not written in the back page of the mat-2 wherein the requirements are listed. What the hell is happening to SSS? I wasn't able to get anything from my first pregnancy after a normal delivery of my son. Now that I had my second pregnancy that resulted to miscarriage, I am being asked of another requirement even though it's not listed as those that I should pass. Does that mean that they're giving me a hard time getting my benefit? Just because I wasn't employed on both cases?

I am now employed again and is about to continue my SSS contributions. However, I'm getting really frustrated with what they've been doing to me. They're asking too much from me.

It could have been okay if it's really a standard requirement that they're asking but not. Is it like saying that they don't trust my ultrasound results and even my OB's records of my miscarriage and dilation and curettage?

Please help, I think I wanna bring this matter to a higher level if nothing happens. Thanks!

hello :goatee:

sometimes or most of the times members are having problems with their benefit claims due to lack of supporting documents.

the sss or the personnel at the counter is not giving you a hard time to process your benefit application. its just that some requirements are needed to support your claim. listed or not. experiences are still the best form of learning. maybe they have encountered false claim from lying-in-clinics (no offense. peace) specially those that are not accreditted by the DOH.

can you request your OB to excute the necessary document to resolve the problem? kindly explain it to your OB that you need the said document.

moreover, to facilitate processing of your claim please secure a copy of the lying-in-clinic's DOH certification

HISTOPATH is an very important document/record for miscarrages. :goatee:

How can I check if I'm done paying my SSS loan? Napansin ko kasi sa pay slip ko ay wala na akong deduction for loan. I've tried the SSS website pero ang bagal ng site. Balak ko kasing mag-loan uli.

you can visit any sss branch near your place or you can try calling the sss hot line 920-6446 to 55 (caution: this is a very very very very very very very very very very very very hot line so good luck) another option, you can send an email of your inquiry at member_relations@sss.gov.ph :thumbsupsmiley:

sometimes or most of the times members are having problems with their benefit claims due to lack of supporting documents.

the sss or the personnel at the counter is not giving you a hard time to process your benefit application. its just that some requirements are needed to support your claim. listed or not. experiences are still the best form of learning. maybe they have encountered false claim from lying-in-clinics (no offense. peace) specially those that are not accreditted by the DOH.

can you request your OB to excute the necessary document to resolve the problem? kindly explain it to your OB that you need the said document.

moreover, to facilitate processing of your claim please secure a copy of the lying-in-clinic's DOH certification

HISTOPATH is an very important document/record for miscarrages. :goatee:

there were a lot of maternity benefits claimed by my doctor's patients before even if they did not have any certification from DOH. I even know of one lying-in clinic that is not accredited by DOH but the patients were able to claim their maternity benefits. the only thing in common about them is that they were all employed at that time and had their documents processed by their company HRs.

besides, why on earth will I lie about having a miscarriage? it was one devastating experience that I never wanted to happen. I don't even want to remember it anymore. it's just that, I believe I have to fight for my rights this time or I will never be able to get what I deserve.

anyway, I've been working for two weeks now. is it possible that my company HR now will be the ones to take care of my documents? I can't go to SSS because my work schedule is the same as the government office hours. I don't want this problem to take ages because we're planning to get pregnant again by the middle of next year.

thanks again for your help!

there were a lot of maternity benefits claimed by my doctor's patients before even if they did not have any certification from DOH. I even know of one lying-in clinic that is not accredited by DOH but the patients were able to claim their maternity benefits. the only thing in common about them is that they were all employed at that time and had their documents processed by their company HRs.

besides, why on earth will I lie about having a miscarriage? it was one devastating experience that I never wanted to happen. I don't even want to remember it anymore. it's just that, I believe I have to fight for my rights this time or I will never be able to get what I deserve.

anyway, I've been working for two weeks now. is it possible that my company HR now will be the ones to take care of my documents? I can't go to SSS because my work schedule is the same as the government office hours. I don't want this problem to take ages because we're planning to get pregnant again by the middle of next year.

thanks again for your help!

hello

can you give me a name and sss number that gave birth in the said lying-in-clinic NOT accredited by the DOH? if a certain member did claim for the benefit. the processor or sss employee who processed the claim is in big trouble.

sorry if the sss personnel makes you think you're not telling the truth. it's just that a certain rule should be followed. the more complicated the claim, the stricter it gets. we are avoiding fraudulent claims.

you can ask your new employer if they can help you in filing your maternity claim but i doubt it because you're not yet employed during the time you had your miscarraige.

hello

can you give me a name and sss number that gave birth in the said lying-in-clinic NOT accredited by the DOH? if a certain member did claim for the benefit. the processor or sss employee who processed the claim is in big trouble.

sorry if the sss personnel makes you think you're not telling the truth. it's just that a certain rule should be followed. the more complicated the claim, the stricter it gets. we are avoiding fraudulent claims.

you can ask your new employer if they can help you in filing your maternity claim but i doubt it because you're not yet employed during the time you had your miscarraige.

I cannot give you the names nor SSS numbers of those people because it's none of my business. however, I can tell you that the said lying-in clinic is being run by the government of Manila, even though they are not licensed by the DOH. the doctors and midwives there were all hired by the Manila City Hall. that's where I gave birth to my first child.

you're right, our company HR cannot process my claims because I am not with them yet by the time I miscarried. so what now? P30 000 worth of maternity benefit will not be given to me because of that freaking histopath? the doctors in the SSS should be aware more than anyone that not all miscarriages need dilation and curettage afterwards. therefore, not everyone can provide that document.

moreover, whether you admit or not, SSS is really unfair. the day I was brought to my doctor because I was bleeding and having pelvic pains, one patient I met just had her D and C. she didn't have a histopath as well. aside from that, her ultrasound didn't show there's a baby because by the time she had her ultrasound, her baby is gone. yet, she was able to get her maternity benefit all ready. that's because when she miscarried, she was employed. their company HR processed the papers for her.

I think it's easier to avail of a salary loan from the SSS than for me to get my benefit. that's because, SSS will earn interest from the loans, but will gain nothing from me.

enough said. if I don't get my benefit again this time, forgive me. I really pray that those who deny me of what I deserve will not suffer the same fate as I.

• 2 weeks later...
I cannot give you the names nor SSS numbers of those people because it's none of my business. however, I can tell you that the said lying-in clinic is being run by the government of Manila, even though they are not licensed by the DOH. the doctors and midwives there were all hired by the Manila City Hall. that's where I gave birth to my first child.

you're right, our company HR cannot process my claims because I am not with them yet by the time I miscarried. so what now? P30 000 worth of maternity benefit will not be given to me because of that freaking histopath? the doctors in the SSS should be aware more than anyone that not all miscarriages need dilation and curettage afterwards. therefore, not everyone can provide that document.

moreover, whether you admit or not, SSS is really unfair. the day I was brought to my doctor because I was bleeding and having pelvic pains, one patient I met just had her D and C. she didn't have a histopath as well. aside from that, her ultrasound didn't show there's a baby because by the time she had her ultrasound, her baby is gone. yet, she was able to get her maternity benefit all ready. that's because when she miscarried, she was employed. their company HR processed the papers for her.

I think it's easier to avail of a salary loan from the SSS than for me to get my benefit. that's because, SSS will earn interest from the loans, but will gain nothing from me.

enough said. if I don't get my benefit again this time, forgive me. I really pray that those who deny me of what I deserve will not suffer the same fate as I.

first of all, the sss is not unfair, if you can only give a name or sss number of the person who gave birth in the same lying-in clinic, i can veirfy it if they were able to reimburse their maternity benefit even without the required documents needed to process the said claim. :thumbsupsmiley:

second, if you think it's better for you to file a salary loan than to claim what is righteously yours, its up to you :) but just to inform you the interest in the salary loan are recycled to fund the loans program of the sss in which it is also being used by the members.

third, if you can only produce the said documents things will be much easier for you. try to request from the lying-in-clinic then if they cannot give you the documents, it's not the sss' fault anymore. rules and regulations should be followed just like in any other offices, like wearing id's and proper attires in the office you're working with :) .

lastly, why not pray for the members who does not follow the rules and regulations to be enlightened and be blessed so they can claim their benefits.