LA Lakers

1376458635[/url]' post='8827413']

Saying that the Lakers do not win a C without Bynum is like saying the Bulls not winning a C without Cartwright or Longley or the Heat winning a C without Haslem. :rolleyes:

1376840555[/url]' post='8834746']

during the kobe era, did they win without Bynum?

So what is the relevance of this to the post of dencio?

If this question is not related whatsoever then what's your point? As we know during the Kobe era (as of today) the Lakers didn't win any C's without Bynum. But they also didn't win one without Pau and/or without Ron Artest a.k.a Metta World Peace either. Just as MJ didn't win a C without either Bill or Luc.

Edited by fatchubs
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Sad that this happened to one of the better ex-lakers.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9618047/lamar-odom-spinning-control

been a long time, bro bb! Hope this Lakers thread doesn't get closed.

Re: Odom

I think everything started to go down for him after he was traded to the Hornets in that CP3 package. Lots of bad things happening to him. The worst would be being married to a Kardashian and it was the ugly Kardashian at that. I feel for LO but when he was on the Lakers, I ragged on him a lot for being inconsistent. I don't think he'll ever make it back so I hope he'll at least try to have a good life outside of basketball.

On a whole different note, I'm still not sure whether to root for the Lakers to have a good season enough to put them in the Playoffs picture or to have them tank (which Kobe would not allow for sure!) just to have a shot at probable super rookies like Wiggins, Gordon, Andrew Harrison, Randle, Exum, and (as much as I don't like him that much) Jabari Parker. Those names could have legit all-star/possibly superstar type of a career (specially Wiggins and Gordon. those two have the most upside, IMO). But on the other hand, there's this Lakers tradition which will not allow any P&G team to tank unlike the other P&G team I know *hint* PUKE and GREEN *hint*

been a long time, bro bb! Hope this Lakers thread doesn't get closed.

Nice to see you're still around too, tj. Now that we're both here, this thread's days are definitely numbered. :lol:

LOs a grown ass man. If he decides to put his life in the toilet, it'll be tragic but no one can do anything about it. I blame the kardashians. No one can come in contact with them and not get his head screwed. Humphries was lucky he got out early.

Barring a LAbron James transfer in the future, it's 1992 and 2005 all over again. In that sense, the Lakers are easier to watch because there are no expectations. Now we can be entertained by Nash yelling at Farmar to slow it down and Young chucking up a ton of ridiculous shots. We can also have fun side bets as to whether pau, nash, kaman or kobe would get out of the injury list first all season and how much we are going to get blown out by the eastern and western powers game to game. We're not going to intentionally tank, that's MDA's job. He's supposed to confuse the players with plays that no one understands and assign the wrong roles to everybody. Can't wait to see the 2nd disastrous season of '24' which is how many hours he plans to play Kobe per game. Forget about the coming batch, the last significant player we had via the draft was drew and as i see it, we don't have high enough draft standing to get at those guys. Do we even have picks for that class?

Even then, i would rather really watch all that than have last year's catastrophe happen again. The Rondos are in even worse shape than we are, so long as we have them for company in the nba toilet, things can't be all that bad.

Edited by boibastos
  • 1 month later...

I'm just so happy we won this one vs the clippers specially after the issue that Coach Rivers ordered that all the Lakers banners be covered during the Clippers home games

For a team built around minimum salaried players and yet was able to produce a total of 76 points from their bench, they obviously performed beyond expectations today vs the clippers.

Edited by fatchubs
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 2

I don't know why, despite having so many superstars and highly paid players in the team, they still have more losses than wins. Mysterious!

5 reasons why:

1. Gasol plays like a 40 year old.

2. Nash IS actually 40.

3. Kobe is still broken.

4. Someone REALLY has to tell Nick Young that he's not Kobe.

5. Most teams can't be fooled with D'antoni's who-are-those-guys-anyway? offense.

It's a miracle that we have 3 wins at this point. When the rest of the NBA figures out that the Lakers are just Pau, 1/3 of Steve Nash and a bunch of guys who are just happy to be chucking random 3-pointers and to be in a NBA roster, it's going to get brutal.

Edited by boibastos

It's so frustrating to watch Pau Gasol play these days. I subscribed to NBA League pass on my phone so I can watch the games all the time. Hope Kobe returns soon. Maybe he can inject some passion into Pau. Guy looks lost out there.

Kobe can inject whatever he wants inside Pau and he still going to be slow, out of sync, and at times disinterested. The man is clearly done, he's been that way for the past 3 seasons. Unfortunately, Pau's still also clearly better than most of the Lakers we have on the court at any given time.