LA Lakers

Guest demon nick fury

Is this the worst season of the Lakers since the days of Magic Johnson and Shaquille O'neal? My Dad mentioned also Jabbar who was one of his favorites accordingly when he was in grade school. I think the team owner is losing close to $100 million this year due to luxury taxes etc.

The Lakers miss the playoff once I believe during the post Shaq-Kobe era. They had a 34-48 record that season which eventually enable them to draft Andrew Bynum.

For the next two years they would qualify for the playoffs as the 7th seed but on both occasion their season would end after losing in the 1st round. So it seems that history will repeat itself. The Lakers this year have the 7th seed and looks like will have a first round exit.

for two consecutive years after that season. The Lakers were seeded 7th on both occasions

The Lakers are spending $100M in salaries this year, but they also have revenues and one of the would be the $4B 20 year TV deal with Time Warner that kicks-in this season. That is around $200M annually on that deal alone. So I don't think they are losing money moreso losing $100M this year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote 2

maybe hindi talaga para sa kanila tong taon...B)

na-injured pati sila Meeks and Blake eh... tsk..

bawi next season, revamp ulit...

Malas talaga e ... sa simula pa lang wala na nga si KOBE, tapos sumunod isa-isa sina Nash, Blake, Meeks at nitong huli si Ron sad.gif

May mga umaasa kasi sa simula na lalaban sa championship ang LAkers at Boston. wacko.gif Kaso nalaglag ang Lakers at malamang sumunod na ang Celtics laugh.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote 1

who told you i'm a hater??? i just posted it after the game...

don't you know the difference of a hater to someone who's just sharing the news?B)

but i'd be honest, Lakers is not my team... but that doesn't mean i hate them...

I didn't call you out. I replied to your post but I was asking about your anything possible theory.

Not about calling you a hater. It's a general statement to all the haters :)

But that's the one you focused on instead of the other sentence(question).

The Laker's strength supposedly is their "starting 5" but unfortunately how many games did we see them play all together at the same time because of injuries.

22 yata out of the 82 games. cant win games if you dont know the style of play ng team mates mo.

at least they got to the playoffs. many said that Uta will make it instead of the LAL. mas nakakahiya pag they didnt make it sa playoffs.

all season long daming problema ng Lakers.

22 yata out of the 82 games. cant win games if you dont know the style of play ng team mates mo.

at least they got to the playoffs. many said that Uta will make it instead of the LAL. mas nakakahiya pag they didnt make it sa playoffs.

all season long daming problema ng Lakers.

yup and got the 7th seed pa kahit na "pinagtatawanan" ng mga haters nun time they are struggling even to get the 8th seed laugh.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote 1

me personally expected ko na lakers will make the playoffs kahit ang gulo gulo ng team nila. 2 weeks before the playoff kasi puro "rest" na ang mga teams except for teams looking for a playoff spot.

now Lakers will deal with the Dwight signing problem. will he or will he not.... IMHO he will sign with the Lakers. they can offer more money 30 million freakin dollors more.... and after about 2 years he will be the face of the franchise. (2 years Kobe will probably retire) another reason is that he is recently injury prone he should think about getting the longest contract possible to protect himself.

peace!

me personally expected ko na lakers will make the playoffs kahit ang gulo gulo ng team nila. 2 weeks before the playoff kasi puro "rest" na ang mga teams except for teams looking for a playoff spot.

now Lakers will deal with the Dwight signing problem. will he or will he not.... IMHO he will sign with the Lakers. they can offer more money 30 million freakin dollors more.... and after about 2 years he will be the face of the franchise. (2 years Kobe will probably retire) another reason is that he is recently injury prone he should think about getting the longest contract possible to protect himself.

peace!

It was not easy for the laker to qualify for the playoffs ... while "rest mode" na lahat ng teams in the final two weeks, may inside track pa rin ang Utah since they have the easier schedule and the tie breaker. I put the lakers chance to enter the playoffs at 50/50 most.

Going into the final game of the season against Houston, they already knew it was a no bearing game in terms of a playoff spot but still battled to get the 7th seed.

Anyway, kahit magulo ang season ng Lakers, nakapagregister sila ng 45 wins despite laging may injured sa starters nila. Not bad coz that is the same number of wins that the 5th seed in the East has.

DH will do his die diligence in free agency but logically, I agree that DH will resign with the Lakers ... ang laking pera ang pakakawalan niya. Hindi siguro yan aalis unless hindi talaga siya comfortable co-existing with Kobe.

Mitch has proven time and again na magaling siyang GM. I think he knows how to deal with DH

Edited by fatchubs
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1

I didn't call you out. I replied to your post but I was asking about your anything possible theory.

Not about calling you a hater. It's a general statement to all the haters :)

But that's the one you focused on instead of the other sentence(question).

sir, i'm not here to argue with you...

you comment calling haters as a reply to my post so i presume you are referring to me...

so i just made it clear that i ain't one...

regarding the second question, what theory are asking me about???

does a given fact need any theory???:rolleyes:

anyway, i apologize for not answering your question as I find it so irrelevant

to what i posted.B)

peace be with you boss!B)