LA Lakers

I fail to see the difference between better vs stronger. What's the bottom line? To win or see everybody contribute? From a team standpoint, winning is the goal. Individually your stats or resulting team play would be the goal. What if even with better or good team play they still lose?

I don't think Laker fans want to enter the playoffs without Kobe. Just like no laker fan wanted MikeD over Phil Jax. This team needs all it's pieces to win a championship. During the season, no one stepped up individually or the team didn't step up to win with all the injuries. But that's my view.

agree.... let's face it, love or hate the guy, lakers are -25 points per game without #24...

Guest demon nick fury

Without Kobe Bryant, the distribution of the ball among the Lakers players becomes more efficient and the defense would no longer be focused on one person. so the higher tendency of winning.

exemption lang siguro sa denver yung pangyayari na kung kelan nawala yung superstar sa team eh saka naman nag improved yung performance ng team.

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Sometimes if you acquire more pieces than the one you lost and "if" they play together more consistently, then it can happen.

Look at the bulls and the celtics, I'm sure they prefer to have Rondo and Rose back.

But with the Pacers, the disappearance of Granger led to the rise of George. But Granger would still be preferred to be in the lineup even with limited contribution. Helps George get more open looks than trying to create everything himself.

-25 without kobe? but better D and unpredictable play without kobe... i watch the GSW, Spurs and the last match with houston... i rather see kobe catch and shoot than create his own shot or ISO..... he must realize that at the time of shaq shaq is the first option... also with pau gasol..... (triangle offense)

but now he is the first option... he always want the ball... dwight and pau only shoot around 9 to 12 shot a game... way below.....

agree.... let's face it, love or hate the guy, lakers are -25 points per game without #24...

sir,

i don't think it was reliable to say that the Lakers are -25 without Kobe...

because without Kobe, His 20 or more field goal attempts per game would

be distributed to other players who might or might not shoot better ...

so let us just say the Lakers lost something without KObe,

but not necessarily -25 :rolleyes:

sir,i don't think it was reliable to say that the Lakers are -25 without Kobe...

because without Kobe, His 20 or more field goal attempts per game would

be distributed to other players who might or might not shoot better ...

so let us just say the Lakers lost something without KObe,

but not necessarily -25 :rolleyes:

The season average of Kobe is consistent. But are you expecting the rest of the guys scoring to suddenly have a total additional combined average of 25 because they get kobe's # of attempts. :rolleyes:

The difference in game 1 is 12 pts. Maybe it's -13 and not -25 for a win margin of 1 pt? :rolleyes:

Still a double digit difference.

Edited by friendly0603

The season average of Kobe is consistent. But are you expecting the rest of the guys scoring to suddenly have a total additional combined average of 25 because they get kobe's # of attempts. :rolleyes:

The difference in game 1 is 12 pts. Maybe it's -13 and not -25 for a win margin of 1 pt? :rolleyes:

Still a double digit difference.

Sir,

with all due respect, please read my post again...

i never said that i'm expecting other players to suddenly have an additional total average of 25points...

what i'm saying is, we should not say that the Lakers is -25 without Kobe....

my post states an open possibility... if you have actually read and understand it...

i said the other players MIGHT or MIGHT NOT shoot better... meaning

they could score less than 25 but it is also possible that they could score more... right???

Guest demon nick fury

Their offense was in very sad state last game. Steve Nash had difficulty feeding Gasol and Howard often than not. They should make some great adjustments in order to extend the series and even turn it into their favor.

Sir,with all due respect, please read my post again...

i never said that i'm expecting other players to suddenly have an additional total average of 25points...

what i'm saying is, we should not say that the Lakers is -25 without Kobe....

my post states an open possibility... if you have actually read and understand it...

i said the other players MIGHT or MIGHT NOT shoot better... meaning

they could score less than 25 but it is also possible that they could score more... right???

Respect noted and my answer is respectful as well. Losing Kobe means losing his production (pts, assists, rebounds)and other intangibles.

This means that one or many must step up their game and make up for the loss of Kobe. That's why posters said automatically -25. Because they don't suddenly expect that the bench/starters can suddenly make up for that when they haven't shown it all season long.

Yes, I know what that that means. Anything is possible. It's possible for the lakers to win the championship since they are still in the playoffs.

Is that a realistic possibility? Something that has a higher than 50/50 chance The fans here want the team to win. Since we've been watching this team all season long, we know what to expect realistically. The lakers could produce something magical and win one series or win a lopsided game because their shooting % suddenly went up. But you don't expect that to happen every game in the playoffs. The celtics couldn't survive losing Perkins and lakers couldn't beat the celtics without Bynum. What more when it's Kobe?

Here are some betting odds for the west bracket posted on April 19 given the current status of the teams.

http://www.bettingexpert.com/blog/nba-western-conference-2013

I agree with other posters and have the same opinion. You don't because anything is possible.

Edited by friendly0603

Respect noted and my answer is respectful as well. Losing Kobe means losing his production (pts, assists, rebounds)and other intangibles.

This means that one or many must step up their game and make up for the loss of Kobe. That's why posters said automatically -25. Because they don't suddenly expect that the bench/starters can suddenly make up for that when they haven't shown it all season long.

Yes, I know what that that means. Anything is possible. It's possible for the lakers to win the championship since they are still in the playoffs.

Is that a realistic possibility? Something that has a higher than 50/50 chance The fans here want the team to win. Since we've been watching this team all season long, we know what to expect realistically. The lakers could produce something magical and win one series or win a lopsided game because their shooting % suddenly went up. But you don't expect that to happen every game in the playoffs. The celtics couldn't survive losing Perkins and lakers couldn't beat the celtics without Bynum. What more when it's Kobe?

Here are some betting odds for the west bracket posted on April 19 given the current status of the teams.

http://www.bettingex...conference-2013

I agree with other posters and have the same opinion. You don't because anything is possible.

i think sir, we have different point of view, because we are looking at the opposite sides of the coin..

what i only meant is that yeah definitely Lakers lost something when Kobe was out (i've already said this in my previous post), but we should never say that it was automatically -25

because it was like we are already discounting the efforts and talents of other players to take his place... it was like we are discrediting the possibility of other players stepping up for him...

but sir, i definitely understand your point, without Kobe,Lakers already lost his

usual numbers and all the intangibles he's bringing every game... and it will definitely be hard

for someone to carry Kobe's load...

and i definitely believe we are both correct, given our own conditions of thoughts...

i rest my case!:rolleyes: