LA Lakers

I don't think the reason for not trying to get Andrew is because of "kahiyaan ". Remember the Lakers are over the cap even if they were not able to resign DH. As such they have nothing to offer nor assets to give assuming they try to work for a sign n trade.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote 3
1374505607[/url]' post='8790089']

i don't think so... they let go of bynum with the dwight deal....they could not just pick him up again...the salary cap was never a problem for them in fact they even made an offer to dwight inspite of the cap issue

Check your facts bro ...

They have DH's birds right so they could offer/sign him even to a max contract even if they already exceeded the cap. But they wouln't be able to do that for any other free agents if they don't own the BR .

Otherwise, why would all the signings to date be for the mle or the veteran's minimum only?

Edited by fatchubs
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote 2

bird's rights? i thought this was reserved for the best player or the team's own free agent? dw was not a free agent in 2012 and they were able to acquire him via the bynum trade... at any rate, what i meant with they do not have any issues with the cap is that bynum earns less than dwight... it is not an issue... or if assuming you are correct, they had amnestied meta right? and kobe, according to news, is willing to scale down?

i do not have the salary figures but going back to my original argument that they did not picked bynum because of kahiyaan, stands for me because they let go of bynum thinking that dwight would stay... they can pick him up anytime but opted not to

Edited by *kalel*
1374591478[/url]' post='8792030']

bird's rights? i thought this was reserved for the best player or the team's own free agent? dw was not a free agent in 2012 and they were able to acquire him via the bynum trade... at any rate, what i meant with they do not have any issues with the cap is that bynum earns less than dwight... it is not an issue... or if assuming you are correct, they had amnestied meta right? and kobe, according to news, is willing to scale down?

i do not have the salary figures but going back to my original argument that they did not picked bynum because of kahiyaan, stands for me because they let go of bynum thinking that dwight would stay... they can pick him up anytime but opted not to

Whatever you have in mind regarding bird's right as what you are pointing out is incorrect.

Even if they amnestied MWP the Lakers are still over the cap for the upcoming year. Kobe, Pau and Steve's salary alone will already be within the cap limit, if not even exceed.

As i said Bynum earning less than DH has nothing to do whether the Lakers can sign himeven if they want to since salary cap rules won't allow them. That's why i said check your facts first.

The only way the Lakers will be able to sign Bynumisif he agrees to take the kind of salary kaman agreed to or the veterans min. Which he won't.

Edited by fatchubs
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

They need a very good shooter and a defensive anchor....kahiyaan na kaya di nila kinuha sa bynum ulit

The Lakers need to start the transition to the post-Kobe era. One of the last things they need is a guy who has question marks for knees. Sure he may be an All-Star again but more likely he's going to sit long stretches of the season on the bench.

Whatever you have in mind regarding bird's right as what you are pointing out is incorrect.

Even if they amnestied MWP the Lakers are still over the cap for the upcoming year. Kobe, Pau and Steve's salary alone will already be within the cap limit, if not even exceed.

As i said Bynum earning less than DH has nothing to do whether the Lakers can sign himeven if they want to since salary cap rules won't allow them. That's why i said check your facts first.

The only way the Lakers will be able to sign Bynumisif he agrees to take the kind of salary kaman agreed to or the veterans min. Which he won't.

Well what ever you are thinking that i thought about bird's right is wrong... Define mo muna ang birds right na nasa isip mo and thenets cover it another discussion

Well if you have facts about the salary of kobe gasol and nash, then substantiate mo at agay mo dito then lets analyze it.... Then tingnan natin kung di kaya salary cap compared sa salary ni dh plus luxury taxes... Then i could check my facts ...

How would you know that bynum wont sign with them? Ikaw ba agent nya?

The Lakers need to start the transition to the post-Kobe era. One of the last things they need is a guy who has question marks for knees. Sure he may be an All-Star again but more likely he's going to sit long stretches of the season on the bench.

I cant argue with his knees but i know they won back to back rings with him manning the middle

Well what ever you are thinking that i thought about bird's right is wrong... Define mo muna ang birds right na nasa isip mo and thenets cover it another discussion

Well if you have facts about the salary of kobe gasol and nash, then substantiate mo at agay mo dito then lets analyze it.... Then tingnan natin kung di kaya salary cap compared sa salary ni dh plus luxury taxes... Then i could check my facts ...

How would you know that bynum wont sign with them? Ikaw ba agent nya?

• Ang pananaw mo kasi ay ganitong kasimple ... para sa iyo mas mura ang sweldo ni Bynum kay DH kaya kung willing silang bayaran si DH at magexceed sa cap bakit hindi pwedeng papirmahin si BYNUM. Ngunit hindi ganun kadali yun. Bakit hindi mo pagaralan kung ano ang rules sa NBA tungkol sa salary cap bago ka makipagtalo o pagpilitan na tama yang pananaw mo?

• Sa pagkakaalam ko iisa lang naman ang definition ng "BIRD's RIGHT" ng NBA. At ito ang dahilan kung bakit maaring papirmahin ng isang team na lagpas na sa salary cap ang kanilang sariling free agent kahit na max contract pa ang ibibigay. Kung over the cap team ka at hindi mo pagaari ang bird's right ng free agent then pwede mo lang silang papirmahin gamit ang mga "EXCEPTIONS"

• At sinabi ko na rin sa iyo na yun sweldo nila Kobe Pau at Nash ay higit kumulang katumbas na ng salary cap. Ibig sabihin over the cap team na ang lakers. At dahil hawak nila ang Bird's Right ni DH pwede nilang bigyan ng MAX contract ni DH pero hindi si Bynum kasi nga hindi nila hawak ang Bird's right nito. Yun ang pagkakaibahan.

• Naipaliwanag ko na rin kung bakit sa pananw ko hindi pipirma sa kanila si Bynum at ito ay dahil hindi siya tatanggap ng sweldo katumbas ng MLE na siyang pinakamalaking kayang i-offer ng Lakers sa isang free agent na hindi nila hawak ang bird's right. Bakt MLE lang? Kasi yun na ang pinakamalaking kayang ibigay ng isang over the cap team via the EXCEPTION.

• At kahit hindi ako ang agent ni Bynum alam natin kung magkano ang tinanggap na kontrata ni Bynum sa Cleveland. At alam natin na ang Cavs ang siyang nag offer ng pinakamalaki kumpara sa ibang teams na gusto siyang kunin/papirmahin...Hindi mo kailangan maging agent ni Bynum para maintindihan na malabong pumirma sa Lakers si Bynum kahit gustuhim man nila. All one needs is to have some common sense.

You could have easily checked your facts if you wanted to ... all your queries are easily available had you googled it. Anyway here are some of the links which you can go through.

http://basketball.ab...bird-rights.htm

http://en.wikipedia..../NBA_salary_cap

http://hoopshype.com...s/la_lakers.htm

Larry Bird exception[edit source | editbeta]

Perhaps the most well-known of the NBA's salary cap exceptions, it is so named because the Boston Celtics were the first team permitted to exceed the salary cap to re-sign one of their own players. Free agents who qualify for this exception are called "qualifying veteran free agents" or "Bird Free Agents" in the CBA, and this exception falls under the auspices of the Veteran Free Agent exception. In essence, the Larry Bird exception allows teams to exceed the salary cap to re-sign their own free agents, at an amount up to the maximum salary. To qualify as a Bird free agent, a player must have played three seasons without being waived or changing teams as a free agent. Players claimed after being amnestied have their Bird rights transferred to their new team.

Edited by fatchubs
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 2

• Ang pananaw mo kasi ay ganitong kasimple ... para sa iyo mas mura ang sweldo ni Bynum kay DH kaya kung willing silang bayaran si DH at magexceed sa cap bakit hindi pwedeng papirmahin si BYNUM. Ngunit hindi ganun kadali yun. Bakit hindi mo pagaralan kung ano ang rules sa NBA tungkol sa salary cap bago ka makipagtalo o pagpilitan na tama yang pananaw mo?

• Sa pagkakaalam ko iisa lang naman ang definition ng "BIRD's RIGHT" ng NBA. At ito ang dahilan kung bakit maaring papirmahin ng isang team na lagpas na sa salary cap ang kanilang sariling free agent kahit na max contract pa ang ibibigay. Kung over the cap team ka at hindi mo pagaari ang bird's right ng free agent then pwede mo lang silang papirmahin gamit ang mga "EXCEPTIONS"

• At sinabi ko na rin sa iyo na yun sweldo nila Kobe Pau at Nash ay higit kumulang katumbas na ng salary cap. Ibig sabihin over the cap team na ang lakers. At dahil hawak nila ang Bird's Right ni DH pwede nilang bigyan ng MAX contract ni DH pero hindi si Bynum kasi nga hindi nila hawak ang Bird's right nito. Yun ang pagkakaibahan.

• Naipaliwanag ko na rin kung bakit sa pananw ko hindi pipirma sa kanila si Bynum at ito ay dahil hindi siya tatanggap ng sweldo katumbas ng MLE na siyang pinakamalaking kayang i-offer ng Lakers sa isang free agent na hindi nila hawak ang bird's right. Bakt MLE lang? Kasi yun na ang pinakamalaking kayang ibigay ng isang over the cap team via the EXCEPTION.

• At kahit hindi ako ang agent ni Bynum alam natin kung magkano ang tinanggap na kontrata ni Bynum sa Cleveland. At alam natin na ang Cavs ang siyang nag offer ng pinakamalaki kumpara sa ibang teams na gusto siyang kunin/papirmahin...Hindi mo kailangan maging agent ni Bynum para maintindihan na malabong pumirma sa Lakers si Bynum kahit gustuhim man nila. All one needs is to have some common sense.

You could have easily checked your facts if you wanted to ... all your queries are easily available had you googled it. Anyway here are some of the links which you can go through.

http://basketball.ab...bird-rights.htm

http://en.wikipedia..../NBA_salary_cap

http://hoopshype.com...s/la_lakers.htm

yes mas mura ang sweldo ni bynum kaysa ke dw... kaya pwede syangkunin kasama ang salary cut na binanggit ko ...ganun kadali yun if they wanted too

ang bird's right ay isang definition lang pero maraming kindisyon..basahin momaige yung ginogle mo

salary cap rules pag aaralan ko?ikaw ba nagpaaralan mo bago mo nilagay yung mga nasa isip mo? pag aralanmomaige bago ka makipag talastasan dito

pwedeng papirmahin ang players kahit nag exceed sa cap basta is sign and trade mo.. wag mo agad igeneralize ..mahirap yung konting alam ..lason yun... yung sweldo ng 3 players na sinabi mo malaki nga kaya ng sinabi ko na willing si kobe mag cut.. ang sweldo ni bynum 6M USD yata this year....

ang pinaliwanag mo yung SARADONG pananaw mo na sa pagnanais magpakitang gilas na marami kang alam kahit kulang kulang at walang respeto sa opinyon ng ibang tao

ang middle level exception eh isa lang sa mga kondisyon na pwedeng gamitin ng isang NBA team para mai sign ang isang veteran.. dahil soft cap lang ang ginagamit ng NBA, maraming ways para makaikot sa CAP... kaya wg ka umastang alam na alam mo ang salary cap sa NBA>

hindi ka agent ni bynum kaya hindi mo sigurado kung pipirma sya o hindi sa lakers wag ka ng mangatwiran na malaki ang offer ng cleveland sa kanya... 6MUSD ang guranteed dun at hindi 12M USD...basahin mo history ng paghihiwalay nila ng lakers...

ngayon yung pinost mo na galing wikipedia about Bird's rights basahin mo maige ng buo at wag lang excerpt...

next time matuto kang umintindi ng opinion ng ibang tao

yes mas mura ang sweldo ni bynum kaysa ke dw... kaya pwede syangkunin kasama ang salary cut na binanggit ko ...ganun kadali yun if they wanted too

Huh? Paano? How can you do that without any violation of the NBA Salary Cap rule?

Yun salary cut na binabanggit mo baka next year pa yan mangyari. E this year ang pinaguusapan. In other words, you are saying that an over the cap team like the Lakers can sign a free agent without using the"EXCEPTIONS" just because they will be below the cap next year. PWEDE yun?

ang bird's right ay isang definition lang pero maraming kindisyon..basahin momaige yung ginogle mo

Huh? Ayon sa nasusulat simple lang ang bird's right...ito ay ang karapatan ng isang over the cap team na papirmahin ang isang free agent player kahit na umabot sa max contract basta hawak nito ang bird's right.

So ano yun maraming kundisyon na sinasabi mo?

salary cap rules pag aaralan ko?ikaw ba nagpaaralan mo bago mo nilagay yung mga nasa isip mo? pag aralanmomaige bago ka makipag talastasan dito

of course napagaralan ko.

pwedeng papirmahin ang players kahit nag exceed sa cap basta is sign and trade mo.. wag mo agad igeneralize ..mahirap yung konting alam ..lason yun... yung sweldo ng 3 players na sinabi mo malaki nga kaya ng sinabi ko na willing si kobe mag cut.. ang sweldo ni bynum 6M USD yata this year....

tama ka ...pero technically you didn't sign that player you traded for that player. So doing a sign and trade has nothing to do with "bird's right". But then again, look at my earlier post (#206). Nabanggit ko na rin na isang possibilidad ito pero sabi ko nga ano naman ang ibibigay na asset ng Lakers para mapapayag ang Sixers?

ang pinaliwanag mo yung SARADONG pananaw mo na sa pagnanais magpakitang gilas na marami kang alam kahit kulang kulang at walang respeto sa opinyon ng ibang tao

Sir mali ka po...pinapakita ko sa iyo ang puntong sa pananaw ko ay tama ayon sa aking nabasa at naipakita sa iyo, Ngayon kung sa tingin mo na mali ako tulad ng sinasabi mo, Bakit hindi mo na lang patunayan na pwede nga papirmahin ng Lakers si Bynum tulad ng nakuha niyang contract sa Cavs na hindi lalabag sa salary cap rules.

ang middle level exception eh isa lang sa mga kondisyon na pwedeng gamitin ng isang NBA team para mai sign ang isang veteran.. dahil soft cap lang ang ginagamit ng NBA, maraming ways para makaikot sa CAP... kaya wg ka umastang alam na alam mo ang salary cap sa NBA>

Hindi po isang KONDISYON ang MLE ... isa ito sa mga EXCEPTIONS kung anung paraan pwedeng magpapirma ang isang over the cap team ng free agent.

Isa sa mga EXCEPTIONS na yan po ang Larry Bird exception (kapag hawak ng team ang Bird's Rights). Nandyan din yun MLE, Bi-annual exception, rookie exception, early bird exception, non-bird exception, trade exception at disabled player exception.

Ngayon, alam natin over the cap na this year ang Lakers. So alin sa mga exceptions na yan ang pwedeng gamitin ng Lakers para mapapirma as a free agent si Bynum?

hindi ka agent ni bynum kaya hindi mo sigurado kung pipirma sya o hindi sa lakers wag ka ng mangatwiran na malaki ang offer ng cleveland sa kanya... 6MUSD ang guranteed dun at hindi 12M USD...basahin mo history ng paghihiwalay nila ng lakers...

Ano naman ang kinalaman ng history sa simpleng argumento ko na kahit gustuhin ng Lakers papirmahin si Bynum this year ay hindi nila magagawa? At kung sign and trade option naman ang titingnan ay sa palagay ko walang "asset" silang maibibigay na gugustuhin ng Sixers.

At tungkol naman sa kontrata ni Bynum, yes only 6M of the 12M is guaranteed. Pero hindi ibig nun sabihin sa libro o sa salary cap 6m lang ang bilang. 12M pa rin po kasi yun naman ang kanyang matatanggap kung na meet niya yun mga conditions.

Pero sige assuming 6M nga lang ang pasahod ng Cavs sa kanya, ang tanong anong exception ang gagamitin ng Lakers para papirmahin siya?

Sabi mo hindi ko po malalaman kung hindi nga pipirma si Bynum sa Lakers (assuming may offer) dahil hindi naman ako agent nito.

At kung tulad mo rin lang na mamimilosopo ako, ang tanong ko po ay kung executive ka ba ng Lakers para malaman na "KAHIYAAN" talaga ang rason kung bakit di nila kinukuha si Bynum?

ngayon yung pinost mo na galing wikipedia about Bird's rights basahin mo maige ng buo at wag lang excerpt...

next time matuto kang umintindi ng opinion ng ibang tao

Sir naintindihan ko po ang nabasa ko sa Wikipidia ...

Nabasa ko rin ang ipinost mo ...at naintindihan ang pinupunto ninyo.

I respect your opinion that "kahiyaan" could be the reason for the Lakers not wanting to sign Bynum. However, my opinion is that even if "kahiyaan" is not a factor they would not be able to sign him at the kind of contract he got since salary cap rules won't allow them to. The only way is for Bynum to agree to sign based on the EXCEPTIONS or via the sign and trade. But then again if it would be the later, it is my opinion again that the Lakers have no assets to offer that will interest the Sixers.

Edited by fatchubs
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1

From BLEACHERREPORT:

"The most disappointing aspect of Howard’s departure is that it doesn’t even provide the Lakers with enough cap relief to go after impact free agents.

Even without Howard’s $20 million-plus on the books, L.A. is over the cap. As a matter of fact, they remain deep into luxury-tax territory. They only have the taxpayer’s mid-level exception (valued at about $3.2 million this season) and veteran’s minimum contracts to offer."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1

Huh? Paano? How can you do that without any violation of the NBA Salary Cap rule?

Yun salary cut na binabanggit mo baka next year pa yan mangyari. E this year ang pinaguusapan. In other words, you are saying that an over the cap team like the Lakers can sign a free agent without using the"EXCEPTIONS" just because they will be below the cap next year. PWEDE yun?

Huh? Ayon sa nasusulat simple lang ang bird's right...ito ay ang karapatan ng isang over the cap team na papirmahin ang isang free agent player kahit na umabot sa max contract basta hawak nito ang bird's right.

So ano yun maraming kundisyon na sinasabi mo?

of course napagaralan ko.

tama ka ...pero technically you didn't sign that player you traded for that player. So doing a sign and trade has nothing to do with "bird's right". But then again, look at my earlier post (#206). Nabanggit ko na rin na isang possibilidad ito pero sabi ko nga ano naman ang ibibigay na asset ng Lakers para mapapayag ang Sixers?

Sir mali ka po...pinapakita ko sa iyo ang puntong sa pananaw ko ay tama ayon sa aking nabasa at naipakita sa iyo, Ngayon kung sa tingin mo na mali ako tulad ng sinasabi mo, Bakit hindi mo na lang patunayan na pwede nga papirmahin ng Lakers si Bynum tulad ng nakuha niyang contract sa Cavs na hindi lalabag sa salary cap rules.

Hindi po isang KONDISYON ang MLE ... isa ito sa mga EXCEPTIONS kung anung paraan pwedeng magpapirma ang isang over the cap team ng free agent.

Isa sa mga EXCEPTIONS na yan po ang Larry Bird exception (kapag hawak ng team ang Bird's Rights). Nandyan din yun MLE, Bi-annual exception, rookie exception, early bird exception, non-bird exception, trade exception at disabled player exception.

Ngayon, alam natin over the cap na this year ang Lakers. So alin sa mga exceptions na yan ang pwedeng gamitin ng Lakers para mapapirma as a free agent si Bynum?

Ano naman ang kinalaman ng history sa simpleng argumento ko na kahit gustuhin ng Lakers papirmahin si Bynum this year ay hindi nila magagawa? At kung sign and trade option naman ang titingnan ay sa palagay ko walang "asset" silang maibibigay na gugustuhin ng Sixers.

At tungkol naman sa kontrata ni Bynum, yes only 6M of the 12M is guaranteed. Pero hindi ibig nun sabihin sa libro o sa salary cap 6m lang ang bilang. 12M pa rin po kasi yun naman ang kanyang matatanggap kung na meet niya yun mga conditions.

Pero sige assuming 6M nga lang ang pasahod ng Cavs sa kanya, ang tanong anong exception ang gagamitin ng Lakers para papirmahin siya?

Sabi mo hindi ko po malalaman kung hindi nga pipirma si Bynum sa Lakers (assuming may offer) dahil hindi naman ako agent nito.

At kung tulad mo rin lang na mamimilosopo ako, ang tanong ko po ay kung executive ka ba ng Lakers para malaman na "KAHIYAAN" talaga ang rason kung bakit di nila kinukuha si Bynum?

Sir naintindihan ko po ang nabasa ko sa Wikipidia ...

Nabasa ko rin ang ipinost mo ...at naintindihan ang pinupunto ninyo.

I respect your opinion that "kahiyaan" could be the reason for the Lakers not wanting to sign Bynum. However, my opinion is that even if "kahiyaan" is not a factor they would not be able to sign him at the kind of contract he got since salary cap rules won't allow them to. The only way is for Bynum to agree to sign based on the EXCEPTIONS or via the sign and trade. But then again if it would be the later, it is my opinion again that the Lakers have no assets to offer that will interest the Sixers.

easy.. ikaw na mismo nagsabi na 3.6 na lang remainder sa cap ng L.A... and if braynt will re-neg just like what wade and james did to get bosh... simpleng math lang yan... kung tama ang assumptions mo

bird's right- basahin mo yung clip mo galing sa wikipedia para malaman mo ibig sabihin... kala ko ba ang ganitong mga facts e madaling i google- eh di i google mo...

sayo pala ang exception eh hindi kondisyon? galing, husay....

hindi technically na sign ang isang player na na SIGN and trade ng mother team nya? talaga? eh anong term dun... post mo dapat ko reviewhin, hindi kailangan dahil hindi yun kasama sa usapan natin...

wag mo kong tawaging sir, hindi mo ko boss at hindi rin ako knighted ng royalty... pinatunayan ko na sayo ang mga condisyon kung saan pwede nilang isign si bynum ng hindi nillalabag ang cap... hindi ko na kailangan ulitin pa.. ikaw ang magreview ng post ko para mabuksan ang sarado mong isip... tingnan mo rin kung sino ang unang nagsabi ng 'mali' ang opinyon ng kausap... reviewhin mo ang posts

kaugnayan ng history sa pahihiwalay nila? - abay lahat kasi mapaiit yun kaiinin ng lakers at aminin nila na kailangan nila si bynum after all

hindi ako executive ng lakers pero ang pinsan ko oo... ang pag post ng konti alam at masyadong nagtitiwala sa akala nya eh tama karaniwan kinakain ang salita... hindi ako namimilosopo binabase ko ang tanong ko kung agent ka ni bynum kasi sinabi mo ng lakas loob na hindi pipirma si bynum sa lakers

kung naiintindihan mo ang pinost mo na excerpt sa bird's exception, kulang yun...dahil mahaba ang paliwanag ng wiki sa bird's exception...hindi pinost ng buo para lang mamukhang tama ang nilagay mo...

hindi mo nirespeto ang post ko dahil sinabi mo na mali ito... hindi yun pag respeto...

yung sinasabi mo na naiintindihan mo yung post ko at nirerespeto mo, walang maniniwala sayo dahil sa mga pinost mo...

ngayon naiintindihan ko na bakit ka inaasar nung isang poster dun sa LA Thread ko dati...

I don't think the reason for not trying to get Andrew is because of "kahiyaan ". Remember the Lakers are over the cap even if they were not able to resign DH. As such they have nothing to offer nor assets to give assuming they try to work for a sign n trade.

Check your facts bro ...

They have DH's birds right so they could offer/sign him even to a max contract even if they already exceeded the cap. But they wouln't be able to do that for any other free agents if they don't own the BR .

Otherwise, why would all the signings to date be for the mle or the veteran's minimum only?

As i said Bynum earning less than DH has nothing to do whether the Lakers can sign him even if they want to since salary cap rules won't allow them. That's why i said check your facts first.

The only way the Lakers will be able to sign Bynum is if he agrees to take the kind of salary kaman agreed to or the veterans min. Which he won't.

easy.. ikaw na mismo nagsabi na 3.6 na lang remainder sa cap ng L.A... and if braynt will re-neg just like what wade and james did to get bosh... simpleng math lang yan... kung tama ang assumptions mo

Just to put things in their proper perspective ....

• I never mentioned that the remaining cap of the Lakers is $3.6M just look at all my previous post.

• In fact I repeatedly said they are an OVER THE CAP team. As such if they are over the cap it is impossible to have a "remaining cap".

• I also repeatedly said for the Lakers to be able to sign Bynum he should be willing to accept the kind of salary Kaman agreed to which is the MLE or for the veteran's minimum. These two are among the EXCEPTIONS I presented in the Wiki link that will allow over the cap team to sigh free agents (if they don't own the bird's right).

Now, since you are insisting that the Lakers can sign Bynum even if they are over the cap. How? Obviously they don't have his bird's right so that is out. He also signed for $12m of which $6M is guaranteed. For discussion sake even if is only for $6M that obviously won't fall under the MLE nor the veteran's minimum.

According to you, "IF BRYANT will reneg" then it becomes a possibility. But Kobe still has a live contract and is not a FA. Will the NBA allow him to renegotiate and get a lower contract for this year? The answer is NO. The NBA does not allow any player to reneg a live contract to a lower amount in order to create cap space. Then again, you are very clear in saying that signing Bynum is possible IF Kobe will reneg. Obviously, at this point Kobe didn't not reneg so it is pointless to even argue on that possibility moreso speculate on that matter.

To sum it up kahit na hindi dahil sa kahiyaan at talagang gustong-gusto ng Lakers makuha si Bynum ang MLE or veteran's minimum lang ang kaya nilang i-offer para mapapirma ito. Nasa iyo na yan kung ano ang opinion mo whether or not tatanggap si Bynum ng MLE. Ako, ang sa tingin ko HINDI kasi nga nakita na naman natin kung anong klaseng kontrata ang gusto niyang makuha. Yan ang opinion ko.

Edited by fatchubs
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1

I cant argue with his knees but i know they won back to back rings with him manning the middle

And they won nothing after that with him still there, including his first all-star season. Drew is an all-star IF he has his mind right and his knees hold, but that's two too many IFs for a player that should help the team's rebuilding and be worthy of the legacy that Dr. Buss left behind.

Drew should have gone to the Heat instead, that way Lebron and Wade can amuse themselves with weekly bets on whose knees will blow out first, his or Oden's.

kobe says he will get healthy and be ready for the opening season.

We can only hope his achilles tendon agrees with him.

And they won nothing after that with him still there, including his first all-star season. Drew is an all-star IF he has his mind right and his knees hold, but that's two too many IFs for a player that should help the team's rebuilding and be worthy of the legacy that Dr. Buss left behind.

Drew should have gone to the Heat instead, that way Lebron and Wade can amuse themselves with weekly bets on whose knees will blow out first, his or Oden's.

yes they only won 2 C's with him but looking at some other careers, olajuwon won "only" 2 C's.... i just believe that he is a piece that LA needs having Kobe and Pau, they will need his muscle... the lakers re-built after Jerry, Magic and Kareem, and after Shaq... anyways with Kaman, maybe they are seeing something else

• Downvote 4

IMHO ...

Kaman is not a rebuilding piece but rather a stop gap measure ...

It is not wise to rebuild with a guy who struggled to get himself injury free in he last several years moreso coming from a season in which he hadn't play a single game.

Edited by fatchubs
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote 2

yes they only won 2 C's with him but looking at some other careers, olajuwon won "only" 2 C's.... i just believe that he is a piece that LA needs having Kobe and Pau, they will need his muscle... the lakers re-built after Jerry, Magic and Kareem, and after Shaq... anyways with Kaman, maybe they are seeing something else

Um, Olajuwon and Bynum do not belong in the same NBA sentence. Regardless of how many titles they won, one is a charter member of the 50 Greatest NBA players and a Hall of Famer. Drew is an often-injured big man than has an afro that is arguably bigger than his NBA accomplishments.

Drew's defense is overrated. His D requires the Lakers guards and wings to funnel their assignments to him, where if he's in position he can block/contest shots. Unfortunately, he's either spacing out or idiotically drifting to the high post so the Lakers get burned with back door cuts and/or kick outs to open shooters. He's also not strong enough to nail down opposing centers and pfs. It's his offense that has potential due to his length and surprising mobility (if his knees are working), but he refuses to develop a consistent outside shot and and keeps forcing the issue inside even when he's crowded. Offensively, he has more WTF moments than not. Maybe he'll be a plus to the Cavs or some other team but his time with the Lakers is over and done.

Kaman is a band-aid solution but a step in the right direction, cheaper, decent on O, can block some shots and more importantly, less of an injury-risk. Don't expect him to stay though, he's got trade fodder practically tattooed on his forehead.

IMHO ...

It is not wise to rebuild with a guy who struggled to get himself injury free in he last several years moreso coming from a season in which he hadn't play a single game.

Amen to that. Drew will help the Cavs or any team needing some inside help, but as a Lakers franchise player or even a rebuilding piece --- Not with those knees.

Edited by boibastos

Um, Olajuwon and Bynum do not belong in the same NBA sentence. Regardless of how many titles they won, one is a charter member of the 50 Greatest NBA players and a Hall of Famer. Drew is an often-injured big man than has an afro that is arguably bigger than his NBA accomplishments.

Drew's defense is overrated. His D requires the Lakers guards and wings to funnel their assignments to him, where if he's in position he can block/contest shots. Unfortunately, he's either spacing out or idiotically drifting to the high post so the Lakers get burned with back door cuts and/or kick outs to open shooters. He's also not strong enough to nail down opposing centers and pfs. It's his offense that has potential due to his length and surprising mobility (if his knees are working), but he refuses to develop a consistent outside shot and and keeps forcing the issue inside even when he's crowded. Offensively, he has more WTF moments than not. Maybe he'll be a plus to the Cavs or some other team but his time with the Lakers is over and done.

Kaman is a band-aid solution but a step in the right direction, cheaper, decent on O, can block some shots and more importantly, less of an injury-risk. Don't expect him to stay though, he's got trade fodder practically tattooed on his forehead.

Amen to that. Drew will help the Cavs or any team needing some inside help, but as a Lakers franchise player or even a rebuilding piece --- Not with those knees.

yep maybe he is over rated, but he was effective...without him the lakers did not win a C .... he is not in the same breath as hakeem, but what i am saying is that they both won 2 Cs each with respect to their stay in the their respective teams...

• Downvote 1