Boston Celtics

Brad Stevens didn't get a single vote from other coaches for N.B.C.A. COY award

Brad Stevens 2017-18 Resume:

-73.3% roster turnover (4 returning players + 7 new players)
-Lost All-Star Hayward 5:15 into year
-All-Star Irving missed 22 GM
-Smart/Morris each missed 28 GM
- Celtics 55-27 (2nd EC)
-Top-ranked NBA defense
-28 road W (1st EC)

-0 COY votes from peers

The best coach in the NBA (by far) doesn't get a single vote but one of the best chokers (Dwane Casey) gets the most vote . A lot of jealousy among the coaches in the league. Worst is Doc Rivers got one vote. (he could have voted for himself ) Good thing that the "Official" coach of the year , voted by the sportswriters , has not yet been announced.

Edited by gulayat
  • Like (+1) 1

Brad Stevens didn't get a single vote from other coaches for N.B.C.A. COY award

Brad Stevens 2017-18 Resume:

-73.3% roster turnover (4 returning players + 7 new players)

-Lost All-Star Hayward 5:15 into year

-All-Star Irving missed 22 GM

-Smart/Morris each missed 28 GM

- Celtics 55-27 (2nd EC)

-Top-ranked NBA defense

-28 road W (1st EC)

-0 COY votes from peers

The best coach in the NBA (by far) doesn't get a single vote but one of the best chokers (Dwane Casey) gets the most vote . A lot of jealousy among the coaches in the league. Worst is Doc Rivers got one vote. (he could have voted for himself ) Good thing that the "Official" coach of the year , voted by the sportswriters , has not yet been announced.

They couldn't accept that someone so much younger can be better than them. Yes, Dwane Casey's team is a choker. I read somewhere that he may win coach of the year and get fired at the same time.

Cavs in 6

Cs in 5

My basis is:

SF-Tatum vs. James-Advantage: Cavs but Lechoke will have a difficult time covering an athletic and moving target.

PF-Horford vs. Green-Advantage: Celtics since Big Al will bully Green down in the post and Green is a passive player.

C-Baynes vs. Love: Advantage: Even as Baynes can also bully Love down low but Love can take out Baynes with his shooting but I expect Baynes to rough him up.

SG: Smith vs. Brown: Advantage: Celtics as Brown is an up and coming two-way player who will be an all-star someday while Smith has seen better days and on the downside of his career. He won't be able to contain Brown.

PG: Hill vs. Rozier: Advantage: Celtics as Rozier has been super in these playoffs and will continue to shine. Hill has been inconsistent.

Bench: Advantage: Boston by a mile.

Coach: Do I need to belabor the obvious as to who is the better coach between Brad and cLUEless?

Edited by will robie
  • Like (+1) 1

They couldn't accept that someone so much younger can be better than them. Yes, Dwane Casey's team is a choker. I read somewhere that he may win coach of the year and get fired at the same time.

Younger, better, someone who came from the college ranks is beating them black and blue. The NBCA is a joke.

I have nothing against Casey ,but in my opinion, the award should be between Brad Stevens and Quin Snyder since

both performed beyond expectation during the regular season. Saw it also in the sports news that Casey could be

fired for his semifinals performance.

• Like (+1) 1

casey vs. stevens? come on...is this some kind of joke? brad should have been COTY...hands down. what's happening to the nba? top seeded raptors and their coach totally choked in the semis while brad and his gang, minus 2 star players in the persons of kyrie and gordon, continues to get better every series. Cs in 5...mahaba na yung 6.

• Like (+1) 1

casey vs. stevens? come on...is this some kind of joke? brad should have been COTY...hands down. what's happening to the nba? top seeded raptors and their coach totally choked in the semis while brad and his gang, minus 2 star players in the persons of kyrie and gordon, continues to get better every series. Cs in 5...mahaba na yung 6.

Lechoke will be their only advantage. Take out Lechoke from the equation and this Cadavers team is a lottery team, worse than the Nets. Without James, the Cadavers record would win games in the mid-20s. As for Casey vs. Stevens, I would say this. If Brad coached the Raptors, they'd sweep the Cavs.

Lechoke will be their only advantage. Take out Lechoke from the equation and this Cadavers team is a lottery team, worse than the Nets. Without James, the Cadavers record would win games in the mid-20s. As for Casey vs. Stevens, I would say this. If Brad coached the Raptors, they'd sweep the Cavs.

exactly...remove lechoke and the cavs will be fishing right now. i'm sure brad has something up his sleeves for the lechoke. on another note, poor casey, after receiving his COTY award and being coach of the raptors for 7 years, he was fired by ujiri.

• Like (+1) 1

exactly...remove lechoke and the cavs will be fishing right now. i'm sure brad has something up his sleeves for the lechoke. on another note, poor casey, after receiving his COTY award and being coach of the raptors for 7 years, he was fired by ujiri.

He just does not have the motivational expertise that Brad or Jawo has. His team got swept in back to back seasons by the Cavs. At least, Brad got a win in the ECF last year with a much inferior line-up.

Boston Celtics 2018-2019 Lineup C - Horford PF - Tatum SF - Hayward SG - Brown PG - Irving

one of the best in the East

no one expected them to get this far, losing hayward early and irving as well, but Tatum and Brown carried this team up to the East Finals and they gained experience, but they will be playing against the Eastern Conference Champs Cleveland Cavaliers and one of the best players of all time in Lebron James. better luck next year Boston Celtics. I see Lebron James moving to a different team if Cavs lose in the nba finals. maybe Philly with Simmons and Embiid.

So you base your prediction on one man? Lechoke does not have a release valve that he used to have in Kyrie Irving. Even the great Larry Bird could not take a lottery team the year before to the NBA Finals. The Cavs are a lottery team sans James. The Pacers are an obviously inferior team compared to the Celtics and the Cavs almost got outlasted by the Pacers. One man doesn't make a team. If the Cavs are gonna lose in the NBA Finals? Haha! They may not even make it to the Finals.

Edited by will robie

i'll pick the team with the best player.. he has love as his 2nd option. the only way Bos advances to the finals is if irving/hayward returns or if lebron gets injured. i cant see tatum carrying the celtics to the finals, he lacks experience.

GSW on the other hand has way too much depth.. durant, curry, thompson can score at will.

i see cavs taking it in 5, max 6.

i see gsw taking it in 6

then gsw taking it in 5 max 6 against cavs..

barring no injuries whatsoever.

So in the 2010 Eastern Conference semifinals, 2008 Eastern Conference semifinals, the 2009 ECF, the 2011 Finals, and the 2014 Finals, did you also choose the Cavs and the Heat because they had the best player in the world?

Who says Tatum will carry the Celtics? It's a team effort for Boston. At times, it's Brown; at times, it's Tatum; at times, it's Horford; at times, it's Rozier.

How do you explain the Pacers almost eliminating the Cavs in the first round? In Game 7, the Cadavers only won by 4. The Cs routed the Bucks in Game 7. Lechoke does not have Kyrie to lean on when the going gets tough. Lechoke will have to play a perfect game and long minutes every game in order for his Cavs to have a chance at beating the Cs. Cs in 6. Furthermore, there is no holiday for him on defense because he will guard either Brown, Tatum or Rozier. Who will stop Horford, Tatum, Brown when Lechoke is guarding one of them?

Edited by will robie

C's as in celtics? we'll see..

I made my analysis. You made your analysis. Let's see. Yes, you read it right. Cs in 6.

I will tell you this. If, a BIG IF, the Cavs are gonna get out of the ECF and into the Finals, they'd get swept by the Ws.

Edited by will robie

love and horford will probably cancel each other out.. big men who can shoot from the outside..

james vs tatum - not even close..

celtics does have home court though..

still picking cavs to advance even though i want celtics too.. im pretty sure gsw will advance and take the championship again..

my pick for finals.. gsw vs cle

who i want to advance.. hou and bos..

Cs in 5

My basis is:

SF-Tatum vs. James-Advantage: Cavs but Lechoke will have a difficult time covering an athletic and moving target.

PF-Horford vs. Green-Advantage: Celtics since Big Al will bully Green down in the post and Green is a passive player.

C-Baynes vs. Love: Advantage: Even as Baynes can also bully Love down low but Love can take out Baynes with his shooting but I expect Baynes to rough him up.

SG: Smith vs. Brown: Advantage: Celtics as Brown is an up and coming two-way player who will be an all-star someday while Smith has seen better days and on the downside of his career. He won't be able to contain Brown.

PG: Hill vs. Rozier: Advantage: Celtics as Rozier has been super in these playoffs and will continue to shine. Hill has been inconsistent.

Bench: Advantage: Boston by a mile.

Coach: Do I need to belabor the obvious as to who is the better coach between Brad and cLUEless?

Edited by will robie

lol.. james will not guard bostons current leading scorer. it'll be green or smith.

james vs tatum not even debatable.. one of the best players in the league of all time vs a rookie prospect.

marcus should replace baynes to guard james, i dont think tatum will or can.

i actually hope your correct, i dont want to see gsw vs cle in finals again..

lets go celtics! but i still think cavs will advance.. lol.. doenst matter, coz we all know gsw is going to be champs again.

Are you sure you're a Celtics fan? I am beginning to doubt that. I am justifying why Boston will win and you are justifying how Lechoke and his lottery team will win. You still haven't answered my question regarding your logic that the team with the best player will win this series. Yes, James will have an advantage because of playoff experience but you forgot that Boston is not Tatum as Cleveland is Lechoke. Boston has 5 shot creators who can create their own shots when the "read and react" offense gets stalled. Tatum, Rozier, Horford, Brown and Morris. James could not possibly guard them at the same time.

You seem to have forgotten how a vastly inferior team to the Celtics, the Pacers, almost upset Lechoke and his lottery team because Lechoke just didn't have enough help akin to his first Cavs stint. Brad is a genius and he surely picked up the blueprint on how to beat Cleveland. I conceded last year's series to the Cavs because of Kyrie Irving. James was a handful but what made them unbeatable to the Celtics was Kyrie Irving. Their offense was overpowering because of two premier shotmakers. The Cs just didn't have the length and size to stop the Cavs. Now, the Cs have the size and athleticism and length to slow down the Cavs and the biggest factor why I think the Cs will clobber the Cavs this series is, you guessed it right, no Kyrie Irving. Again, Lechoke will have to play near perfect, if not perfect every game, for the Cavs to even have a chance to win.

I haven't seen your in-depth analysis on why the Cavs take this series. Pasensya ka na padre but your analysis was shallow and this was based on the Cavs having the best player. The Cs owned the Cavs in 2008 and 2010 because James did not have a talent as good as Kyrie Irving to ride shotgun with him. The Cavs have the best player in the series but the Cs have the second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh best players in this series.

By the way, check out this article: https://sports.yahoo.com/marcus-morris-says-hes-probably-best-nba-defending-lebron-james-beside-kawhi-leonard-222533568.html

Edited by will robie

Are you sure you're a Celtics fan? I am beginning to doubt that. I am justifying why Boston will win and you are justifying how Lechoke and his lottery team will win. You still haven't answered my question regarding your logic that the team with the best player will win this series. Yes, James will have an advantage because of playoff experience but you forgot that Boston is not Tatum as Cleveland is Lechoke. Boston has 5 shot creators who can create their own shots when the "read and react" offense gets stalled. Tatum, Rozier, Horford, Brown and Morris. James could not possibly guard them at the same time.

You seem to have forgotten how a vastly inferior team to the Celtics, the Pacers, almost upset Lechoke and his lottery team because Lechoke just didn't have enough help akin to his first Cavs stint. Brad is a genius and he surely picked up the blueprint on how to beat Cleveland. I conceded last year's series to the Cavs because of Kyrie Irving. James was a handful but what made them unbeatable to the Celtics was Kyrie Irving. Their offense was overpowering because of two premier shotmakers. The Cs just didn't have the length and size to stop the Cavs. Now, the Cs have the size and athleticism and length to slow down the Cavs and the biggest factor why I think the Cs will clobber the Cavs this series is, you guessed it right, no Kyrie Irving. Again, Lechoke will have to play near perfect, if not perfect every game, for the Cavs to even have a chance to win.

I haven't seen your in-depth analysis on why the Cavs take this series. Pasensya ka na padre but your analysis was shallow and this was based on the Cavs having the best player. The Cs owned the Cavs in 2008 and 2010 because James did not have a talent as good as Kyrie Irving to ride shotgun with him. The Cavs have the best player in the series but the Cs have the second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh best players in this series.

By the way, check out this article: https://sports.yahoo.com/marcus-morris-says-hes-probably-best-nba-defending-lebron-james-beside-kawhi-leonard-222533568.html

not to mention the brain sitting on the bench...the guy who was denied the COTY award. the queen will be hard pressed making it over j. brown...morris pa kaya. pwede kayang Cs in 4? hahaha seriously i think this will be over in 6 games with the Cs owning the east.

not to mention the brain sitting on the bench...the guy who was denied the COTY award. the queen will be hard pressed making it over j. brown...morris pa kaya. pwede kayang Cs in 4? hahaha seriously i think this will be over in 6 games with the Cs owning the east.

Cs in 4? Possible. Gawin na nating 5 para may konting respeto kay Lechoke. Now, if I am wrong after this series is over, I am wrong but I am sticking to my guns. I suspect a troll with a plethora of alter nicks will troll me if the Cs lose. :lol:

Edited by will robie

Cs in 4? Possible. Gawin na nating 5 para may konting respeto kay Lechoke. Now, if I am wrong after this series is over, I am wrong but I am sticking to my guns. I suspect a troll with a plethora of alter nicks will troll me if the Cs lose. :lol:

i'm with you my friend. i'd say Cs in 6.

• Like (+1) 1