Azkals (Philippine futbol's poster boys)

thegame08

the attention the hype that we are now giving to azkals far exceeds their skill on the field (the pass, Abysmal defense lousy traps, attackers?), I'm just wondering ano na kaya ang gagawin natin if they are easily annihilating their opponents? Mass suicide?Posted Image

Anyway all this hype will soon be over after today's game (sabi nyo nga nobody is expecting them to win eh). Football will just be a memory (sigh).. see you next qualifying season.Posted Image

parang boyband ang nangyayari sa sports natin ngayon...Daming fans sa umpisa! Next stop.. the Philippine volcanoes!Posted Image

The same can be said about our other national teams. Like Gilas. But that didn't stop me from buying Gilas shirts and going to their games nung Fiba-Asia Champions Cup. Die hard Gilas fan pa rin ako, kahit na hindi ko na maalala when they last won against China, Iran, Lebanon, Japan or South Korea.

Ang sa akin lang, the same way maraming hinihimatay sa tuwa pag nananalo ang ginebra, ganun din ang pakiramadam ko sa Azkals, Gilas, Blue Boys, Blue Girls, Stingers, Maroons, kay Manny Pacquiao, Brian Villoria, Nonito Donaire, Bata Reyes, Django Bustamante, Cecil Mamiit, Dottie Ardina, Jayvee Agojo, Jeson Patrombon, Rey Saludar, Vic Saludar at kung sino-sino pang Pilipinong atleta.

Edited by pinoywritingfool

this is what happens to Azkal fans hopes and dreams after today's game, OHHHH YEAAAHHHH!!!

pati yung hopes and reams natin na makasali at manalo sa AFC Cup? At ang hopes and dreams natin na manalo ng medal (kahit bronze lang) sa SEA Games? At ang hopes and dreams natin na maging top 120 sa 2014? At na baka makapag-World Cup tayo sa 2040?

Dami namang namatay na hopes and dreams sa iisang talo. To think 2-1 lang pagkatalo natin dun.

the picture looks photoshopped..I hope they dont make any excuses, mas lalo lang cla magmumukang kawawa nyan..

they have to admit that they have a terrible defense.look at the last goal, the Kuwaitis are running, but there only two defenders..iba rin ang skills ng kalaban nila in terms of passing and dribbling..ang dami na nating imports wala pa din nangyari, unlike Kuwait puro nationals nila..

So I hope the media will stop the hype around them, its a good thing that the Pinoys are supporting our national team, but next time lets support the teams that are more deserving..

Which teams are more deserving?

Using your argument, not Gilas, kasi nandun si Marcus Douthit, si Kelly Williams, si Jimmy Alapag, si Asi Taulava...

Hindi rin siguro ang Davis Cup team natin, nandun si Cecil Mamiit at Treat Huey eh.

Di rin siguro sina Nonito Donaire at Brian Villoria (lalo na't di sila teams, individuals sila).

Di rin siguro yung ILLAM team natin na lumalaban ngayon sa Little League World Championships, may mga Fil-foreigners sila tulad ni Laura Lehman na taga-IS eh. (pag nanalo sila ang world champs, dapat siguro isoli natin. Di naman totoong Pinay si Lehman eh.

However, I agree with you that terrible ang defense ng Azkals. Sayang wala si Mulders, ang galing nun sa depensa (but wait, Fil-foreigner na naman yun). Tsaka palagi silang nalalanta sa second half, yung mga Kuwaitis lumalakas.

Oh at may nangyari sa atin na direct result ng pagdating ng mga fil-foreigners. Alam mo kung ano yun? For the first time, nag-semifinals tayo sa Suzuki Cup. Nanalo tayo sa Mongolia. Tsinibog natin ang Sri Lanka. We made history by getting to the second round of the World Cup. History making na nga sila, wala pa rin silang kwenta?

Which teams are more deserving?

Using your argument, not Gilas, kasi nandun si Marcus Douthit, si Kelly Williams, si Jimmy Alapag, si Asi Taulava...

Hindi rin siguro ang Davis Cup team natin, nandun si Cecil Mamiit at Treat Huey eh.

Di rin siguro sina Nonito Donaire at Brian Villoria (lalo na't di sila teams, individuals sila).

Di rin siguro yung ILLAM team natin na lumalaban ngayon sa Little League World Championships, may mga Fil-foreigners sila tulad ni Laura Lehman na taga-IS eh. (pag nanalo sila ang world champs, dapat siguro isoli natin. Di naman totoong Pinay si Lehman eh.

However, I agree with you that terrible ang defense ng Azkals. Sayang wala si Mulders, ang galing nun sa depensa (but wait, Fil-foreigner na naman yun). Tsaka palagi silang nalalanta sa second half, yung mga Kuwaitis lumalakas.

Oh at may nangyari sa atin na direct result ng pagdating ng mga fil-foreigners. Alam mo kung ano yun? For the first time, nag-semifinals tayo sa Suzuki Cup. Nanalo tayo sa Mongolia. Tsinibog natin ang Sri Lanka. We made history by getting to the second round. History making na nga sila, wala pa rin silang kwenta?

Cecil Mamiit is a true pinoy even if he has US citizenship. I don't think he is of mixed origin.

after all the hype... reality check... world cup maybe too far for now....

Alam mo, wala akong kilalang Pinoy na nagsabing pang-World Cup na tayo ngayon. Eh ang conservative estimate nga natin ay World Cup 2022! That's 11 years from now.

My estimate nga is, kung ganito ang rate ng improvement natin, World Cup 2040 pa tayo.

Talagang di tayo pang-world cup now. Hindi rin tayo pang world cup sa 2018.

Ang gusto ko lang, mag-medal tayo sa SEA Games. Mag-semifinals sa AFC Cup. Manalo sa Suzuki Cup. Next decade na yung manalo sa Japan/South Korea and sa 2040 na yun manalo sa Argentina/Brazil.

Cecil Mamiit is a true pinoy even if he has US citizenship. I don't think he is of mixed origin.

If by true Pinoy, you mean full blooded, I agree. But he is a Fil-Am right?

you forgot to mention our baseball team and the philippines little leaguers, the "little razcals." kala ko pa naman, sports fanatic ka. compare to your azkals, these kids got more talent and skills as far as world ranking is concern and unlike the azkals, these bunch are all homegrown. pinoy na pinoy! fyi, the filipinos are currently #23 in the world, and #6 in asia after they were overtaken by thailand after the guangzhou asian games last november. (ano nga pala ranking ng azkals mo in terms of world ranking?) but where's the support in terms of financial and media coverage?? WALA! so if we ever want prestige and glory bestowed on us, ibuhos nyo sa mga batang 'to at sa ating baseball team ang suporta tulad ng binibigay nyo sa azkals. that's my gripe. and that's my rebutt to your question on why i don't believe on the azkals. hilaw na hilaw pa sila!

The same can be said about our other national teams. Like Gilas. But that didn't stop me from buying Gilas shirts and going to their games nung Fiba-Asia Champions Cup. Die hard Gilas fan pa rin ako, kahit na hindi ko na maalala when they last won against China, Iran, Lebanon, Japan or South Korea.

Ang sa akin lang, the same way maraming hinihimatay sa tuwa pag nananalo ang ginebra, ganun din ang pakiramadam ko sa Azkals, Gilas, Blue Boys, Blue Girls, Stingers, Maroons, kay Manny Pacquiao, Brian Villoria, Nonito Donaire, Bata Reyes, Django Bustamante, Cecil Mamiit, Dottie Ardina, Jayvee Agojo, Jeson Patrombon, Rey Saludar, Vic Saludar at kung sino-sino pang Pilipinong atleta.

you forgot to mention our baseball team and the philippines little leaguers, the "little razcals." kala ko pa naman, sports fanatic ka. compare to your azkals, these kids got more talent and skills as far as world ranking is concern and unlike the azkals, these bunch are all homegrown. pinoy na pinoy! fyi, the filipinos are currently #23 in the world, and #6 in asia after they were overtaken by thailand after the guangzhou asian games last november. (ano nga pala ranking ng azkals mo in terms of world ranking?) but where's the support in terms of financial and media coverage?? WALA! so if we ever want prestige and glory bestowed on us, ibuhos nyo sa mga batang 'to at sa ating baseball team ang suporta tulad ng binibigay nyo sa azkals. that's my gripe. and that's my rebutt to your question on why i don't believe on the azkals. hilaw na hilaw pa sila!

Wow, I just realized how young you are!

The National Men's baseball team and the women's softball team were known as the Blu Boys and Blu Girls. Yung ang kinalakihan ko at dun ko sila kilala (nandun sila sa listahan ko, please take a closer look). The little razkals monicker is new to me kasi nga matanda na ako. Tsaka di pa yata masyadong mainstream ang name na yun. I have to admit, until lumabas ang billboard ng Philippine rugby team, di ko alam na Volcanoes tawag sa kanila. So concede na ako, panalo ka, mas sports fanatic ka at walang kwenta ang opinyon ko compared to yours.

However, I do know and support our little leaguers. In fact, i wrote about them in my sports blog, calling for a benefactor to help them get Kalamazoo. If you look, I mentioned them in an earlier post, referencing Laura Lehman. Look again, it's there and Laura Lehman doesn't sound purebred Pinay to me. Don't get me wrong, I love them JUST AS MUCH as I love the Azkals. In fact, baka mas mahal ko pa nga sila kasi the core of that team comes from my hometown. So I may be even more invested in them than in the Azkals.

I'm just saying na bakit kelangan sirain ang fan base ng Azkals in the name of the Razkals, Gilas, or kung ano mang Philippine National team na sinusuportahan mo. Di ba lahat naman sial national team ng Pinas?

tsaka if you are mad na walang suporta ang baseball team natin, bakit sa Azkals ka galit? Di naman sila ang in charge sa budgets di ba? Di magalit ka sa PSC at POC!

Also, if you take the time to think about it, 5 years ago, the same amount of money lang tinatanggap ng Azkals at ng baseball team. BASICALLY NOTHING. why begrudge them now when they've achieved something?

As to your rebuttal na kaya ka walang bilib sa azkals ay dahil hilaw sila, paano sila hihinog kung panay pukol ang ginagawa ng mga taong tulad mo? Hihinog lang sila pag tuloy tuloy ang ensayo nila, ang laro nila internationally, yung pagdevelop sa kanila. Ang gusto mo eh instant noodles. Mainit na tubig lang, world cup na.

honestly, i dont give a f*ck about the azkals. the hell i care if y'all head over feet over them. ang akin lang, sana parehas lang ang suporta naipapamahagi sa mga atleta natin. pero malayong-malayo mangyari yun. kasi halos lahat dito sa atin, hibang na hibang sa basketball at sa azkals. kaya isaksak nyo sa ngalangala nyo yung world cup. mas nanaisin ko pang makamit ng baseball team natin ang world baseball classic berth dahil mas posible pa mangyari yun!

tanong ko nga ulit, ano ang world ranking ng azkals? pakisagot nga!

Wow, I just realized how young you are!

The National Men's baseball team and the women's softball team were known as the Blu Boys and Blu Girls. Yung ang kinalakihan ko at dun ko sila kilala (nandun sila sa listahan ko, please take a closer look). The little razkals monicker is new to me kasi nga matanda na ako. Tsaka di pa yata masyadong mainstream ang name na yun. I have to admit, until lumabas ang billboard ng Philippine rugby team, di ko alam na Volcanoes tawag sa kanila. So concede na ako, panalo ka, mas sports fanatic ka at walang kwenta ang opinyon ko compared to yours.

However, I do know and support our little leaguers. In fact, i wrote about them in my sports blog, calling for a benefactor to help them get Kalamazoo. If you look, I mentioned them in an earlier post, referencing Laura Lehman. Look again, it's there and Laura Lehman doesn't sound purebred Pinay to me. Don't get me wrong, I love them JUST AS MUCH as I love the Azkals. In fact, baka mas mahal ko pa nga sila kasi the core of that team comes from my hometown. So I may be even more invested in them than in the Azkals.

I'm just saying na bakit kelangan sirain ang fan base ng Azkals in the name of the Razkals, Gilas, or kung ano mang Philippine National team na sinusuportahan mo. Di ba lahat naman sial national team ng Pinas?

tsaka if you are mad na walang suporta ang baseball team natin, bakit sa Azkals ka galit? Di naman sila ang in charge sa budgets di ba? Di magalit ka sa PSC at POC!

Also, if you take the time to think about it, 5 years ago, the same amount of money lang tinatanggap ng Azkals at ng baseball team. BASICALLY NOTHING. why begrudge them now when they've achieved something?

As to your rebuttal na kaya ka walang bilib sa azkals ay dahil hilaw sila, paano sila hihinog kung panay pukol ang ginagawa ng mga taong tulad mo? Hihinog lang sila pag tuloy tuloy ang ensayo nila, ang laro nila internationally, yung pagdevelop sa kanila. Ang gusto mo eh instant noodles. Mainit na tubig lang, world cup na.

Edited by xxxxdgnr8xxxx

honestly, i dont give a f*ck about the azkals. the hell i care if y'all head over feet over them. ang akin lang, sana parehas lang ang suporta naipapamahagi sa mga atleta natin. pero malayong-malayo mangyari yun. kasi halos lahat dito sa atin, hibang na hibang sa basketball at sa azkals. kaya isaksak nyo sa ngalangala nyo yung world cup. mas nanaisin ko pang makamit ng baseball team natin ang world baseball classic berth dahil mas posible pa mangyari yun!

Ang Azkals ay # 162 out of 203 playing countries.

Ang Gilas ay #53 out of 70 playing countries.

Ang Blu Boys ay #23 out of 40 playing countries.

Not really a very fair comparison but whatever makes you happy.

Ang ibig mo bang sabihin ay lahat ng sports na hindi tayo nasa top 50% ay dapat na nating patayin? Paano na ang ating swimmers, weight lifters, gymnasts, cyclists, wrestlers, volleyball players etc... baka baseball at dragon boat lang ang matirang sport natin.

Also, im getting the feeling na baseball fanatic ka. In which case, hanga ako sa iyo, you keep the faith when so many others have lost it. Pero do you have to tear down the football team to feel good about the baseball team?

as expected, our world cup 2014 dream is over..... but its ok, a better program will help. now that pinoys are into football frenzy, we might train and maybe discover homegrown talents who will make our country proud in the future.

======================

dgnr8,

i feel for you that our baseball team is not getting much attention as the azkals (buti pa yung rugby team, nagka billboard, pero binaklas din).

but please, that is another issue. dont envy the azkals for getting more attention. mahina lang siguro ang marketing ng baseball team. they need a better manager or PR firm for that.

=====

happidick,

please learn how to properly use the quote function before i make my reply to your post.

Not sure if masmalaking chance sa baseball pero definitely masmalaking glory and honor ang sa football because of the popularity of the sport kaya i choose to support the Azkals.

me nabasa ka bang pangungutya ko sa ibang larangan ng palakasan dito sa atin? did i badmouth congressman pacquiao, django bustamante, z gorres and the other athletes? obviously, you aint getting my point. and i can sense a runaround here. so eto na lang, to each his own. i already said my piece. bahala na utak mo to deduce it.

NUFF SAID!

Ang Azkals ay # 162 out of 203 playing countries.

Ang Gilas ay #53 out of 70 playing countries.

Ang Blu Boys ay #23 out of 40 playing countries.

Not really a very fair comparison but whatever makes you happy.

Ang ibig mo bang sabihin ay lahat ng sports na hindi tayo nasa top 50% ay dapat na nating patayin? Paano na ang ating swimmers, weight lifters, gymnasts, cyclists, wrestlers, volleyball players etc... baka baseball at dragon boat lang ang matirang sport natin.

Also, im getting the feeling na baseball fanatic ka. In which case, hanga ako sa iyo, you keep the faith when so many others have lost it. Pero do you have to tear down the football team to feel good about the baseball team?

ok. so you willing to wait for that to come in fruition? hmmm, let's say.....half a century???? that is if the football powerhouse teams start lagging behind so our azkals can catch up.

:rolleyes:

Not sure if masmalaking chance sa baseball pero definitely masmalaking glory and honor ang sa football because of the popularity of the sport kaya i choose to support the Azkals.

me nabasa ka bang pangungutya ko sa ibang larangan ng palakasan dito sa atin? did i badmouth congressman pacquiao, django bustamante, z gorres and the other athletes? obviously, you aint getting my point. and i can sense a runaround here. so eto na lang, to each his own. i already said my piece. bahala na utak mo to deduce it.

Uhm...you can't seem to keep track of your own arguments. You did say something bad about basketball you know. Go ahead, look up, look at your posts...there you go! (bawal erase ha?)

Also bakit mo kukutyain sina Manny Pacquiao, Z Gorres, Django Bustamante et al eh lahat yun mga kampeon or at the very least, at the top of their sports? Di ba ang issue mo nga ay bulok ang Azkals kung kaya't they don't deserve the adulation and attention?

Well Manny Pacquiao deserves that kind of adulation. I agree. So do Z Gorres, Django Bustamante etc...

tsaka anong runaround? Hinamon mo akong sabihin kung ano ang ranking ng azkals, eh di inamin kong bulok ang standing nila. Public knowledge naman yun di ba?

but you're right. Let's not argue. We are both passionate fans, and we should use our energies to uplift our teams right?

Yes im willing to wait. Thats the problem here in the Phils. Gusto ng karamihan easy money or in your case easy glory dahil masmataas ang ranking natin sa baseball. What people dont realize is that the glory is sweeter when your came from the bottom and worked really hard to achieve it. It will not happen in my lifetime pero hopefully my children or grandchildren will live to hear our national anthem in the World cup. If you support baseball i respect that. But there's no need to bash the football team in order to catch the attention of sponsors.

*lol* envious? me?! *lol* callous is more appropriately put as i define how i feel about the azkals and their duped fans. la akong pakelam sa kanila. ang akin lang, at uulitin ko, pakelaman nyo naman yung baseball team natin. mas me pag-asa tayo manalo dito!

dgnr8,

i feel for you that our baseball team is not getting much attention as the azkals (buti pa yung rugby team, nagka billboard, pero binaklas din).

but please, that is another issue. dont envy the azkals for getting more attention. mahina lang siguro ang marketing ng baseball team. they need a better manager or PR firm for that.

*lol* envious? me?! *lol* callous is more appropriately put as i define how i feel about the azkals and their duped fans. la akong pakelam sa kanila. ang akin lang, at uulitin ko, pakelaman nyo naman yung baseball team natin. mas me pag-asa tayo manalo dito!

I admire your devotion for the baseball team. Wrong forum lang.

I have a suggestion. Gawa kaya tayo ng room for the baseball team (i'm assuming hindi na Blu Boys tawag sa kanila dahil walang nag-react kanina) tapos we can populate it and dgnr8 an educate the rest of us on Philippine baseball.

Watchathink?

ok. so are you implying that our baseball team just appeared from nowhere? and their world ranking is a fluke, or it was given to them as pity handout? our baseball team worked their brown bottoms..pun intended.. (with no mixed breed in their roster if you even bother checking about it) for that ranking. and they may have trained hard just like the azkals. and i think they got a better grasp in the fundamentals of the game, that's why they earned that #23.

Yes im willing to wait. Thats the problem here in the Phils. Gusto ng karamihan easy money or in your case easy glory dahil masmataas ang ranking natin sa baseball. What people dont realize is that the glory is sweeter when your came from the bottom and worked really hard to achieve it. It will not happen in my lifetime pero hopefully my children or grandchildren will live to hear our national anthem in the World cup. If you support baseball i respect that. But there's no need to bash the football team in order to catch the attention of sponsors.

ok. so are you implying that our baseball team just appeared from nowhere? and their world ranking is a fluke, or it was given to them as pity handout? our baseball team worked their brown bottoms..pun intended.. (with no mixed breed in their roster if you even bother checking about it) for that ranking. and they may have trained hard just like the azkals. and i think they got a better grasp in the fundamentals of the game, that's why they earned that #23.

Easy lang tol. I don't think that's what he meant. You asked if he was willing to wait for a long time for the Azkals to reach a lofty ranking. Sinagot niya ng yes. Yun lang yun.

sensya na po! iskwa-kwa nga pala ako dito. *lol*

:lol:

Dude, it's not an attack on you. Pero isipin mo na lang if you create a room for Baseball Pilipinas and I go over there and talk about the Azkals. I'm sure maiinis ka, mumurahin mo ako, iki-kick out mo ako sa room, ife-flame mo ako at kung ano-ano pa. This is the Azkals forum nga naman.

besides, ako nga nag-suggest na gawa ka ng room for baseball at bibisita kami dun to talk about baseball pilipinas di ba? Pag meron ng room, sabihan mo agad kami. Dun natin pag-usapan ang tungkol sa baseball.