Azkals (Philippine futbol's poster boys)

thegame08

ang pagiging pilipino is not only by blood or affinity. puso! let them live here and be like us. not just go here when its convenient and profitable. and famous. they're second rate players in THEIR country and exploiting the mestizo-adoring filipinos. kung sabagay tayo naman ang tanga that looks up pag foreigner. we deserve them.

The Younghusbands have played here since 2005 and moved for good here in 2008. Aly Borromeo has been toiling here since 2000 and he's basically lived here since then. almost same case with Anton del Rosario.

Tanong lang ulit.

Di ba racist ang patuloy nating pagkutya sa mga players by virtue of their being of mixed-race?

Nice point. It's either negative or positive racism. So it really does not work well for both parties, i.e., the natives and the Fil-foreigners. I have a little foreign blood too so I can really tell whether it's good or bad. It's definitely bad if you think about either superiority or inferiority attitude.

Nice point. It's either negative or positive racism. So it really does not work well for both parties, i.e., the natives and the Fil-foreigners. I have a little foreign blood too so I can really tell whether it's good or bad. It's definitely bad if you think about either superiority or inferiority attitude.

safe answer.

point is lets respect us. matuto tayong bumilib sa mga sarili natin. kahit PANGO tyo!

ang pagiging pilipino is not only by blood or affinity. puso! let them live here and be like us. not just go here when its convenient and profitable. and famous. they're second rate players in THEIR country and exploiting the mestizo-adoring filipinos. kung sabagay tayo naman ang tanga that looks up pag foreigner. we deserve them.

hindi tayo mga tanga! Nasa abroad kasi ang magagandang opportunities. Kaya millions ang ating OFWs. Kung dito sila mananatili, look what is happening na sa Dragon Boat, nagbigay ng karangalan, tinapakan pa ng mga politkos. Ganun lang yun. They have the heart. They represent the Philippines. They were injured dahil sa pag laro sa ating bansa. Unlike, lets say, sa basketball natin. Ang daming PBA players na ayaw maglaro para sa ating bansa. Imagine, Asi Taulava pa, isang tawag para sa bansa, laro kaagad! Sina Aquino, Ildefonso, Ritualo, etc. daming dahilan. They may be second rated players sa bansang nilakihan nila but they played for our country, second lang ang pagiging mestiza, which, I think its not whats on their mind. Di naman lahat ng Fil-foreigner qualified at may mga na disqualified din na maglaro sa Azkals. Again, hindi sila at tayo tanga!

nothing against the azkals pero nakatulong ung good looks nila sa popularity nila. i was just wondering if they didn't possess those good looks would the public still support them?

Yes, I and they will. I watched live their Rizal Memorial games and majority are males (mukha namang hindi ganun karami ang mga bading, di ba?) Minority and kaunti lang ang females. What they watched are not the looks of the players but the way they brought football Philippines to higher levels.

Only the Younghusbands are becoming popular. What about the others?

Naku, kaya lang naman popular ang Younghusbands all because ginagamit sila ng ABS-CBN. Alisin mo yun, yung brand ng play nila ang mapapansin. Lam mo naman, kapag pagkakaperahan, yung mga broadcast giants natin, mapagsamantala. Again, its not sa popularity, its the quality of games. Magaling din naman yung Younghusbands (per our standards, of course)

kung pagiging matalino ang maging ofw at tumira abroad dahil mahirap dito, i rest my case. i guess we deserve everything that we are getting. umalis na lang tayong lahat at takasan ang inconvenience ng ating bansa kung pagiging tanga ang hindi pagtakas at paglaban para tayo umunlad. tanga tayo dahil nandito pa rin tayo? baka naman hindi. konting sense of country naman.

they are second rate players in THEIR country, precisely why isang tawag lang nandito sila agad. the opportunity is here in the mestizo-loving country. if they are starting players in their country, i really doubt if they will be at our beck and call. ditto with asi. dito lang naman siya nagka-career so he'll make tahe most out of it. national or commercial. the local player's lament is that ever since is that its fil-ams before them. thats why they're so cold about it. they are second stringers to the fil-am in their OWN team in their OWN country. these locals who wants to live and die with their team but won't be given a chance.

choosing between chiffy and younghusband? my personal opinion is chiffy is much better because his goals are during the plays. the younghusbands goals are partly because they are the designated free kickers by the FOREIGN coach. and choosing between being an unsupported and tinapakan na paddler na nagbigay ng karangalan sa bansa and a filipino paddler na naglaro na lang for another country dahil hidi siya appreciated dito? what do you think?

to me it's a no brainer. and the answer i think ay hindi pagiging tanga.

hindi tayo mga tanga! Nasa abroad kasi ang maga gandang opportunities. Kaya millions ang ating OFWs. Kung dito sila mananatili, look what is happening na sa Dragon Boat, nagbigay ng karangalan, tinapakan pa ng mga politkos. Ganun lang yun. They have the heart. They represent the Philippines. They were injured dahil sa pag laro sa ating bansa. Unlike, lets say, sa basketball natin. Ang daming PBA players na ayaw maglaro para sa ating bansa. Imagine, Asi Taulava pa, isang tawag para sa bansa, laro kaagad! Sina Aquino, Ildefonso, Ritualo, etc. daming dahilan. They may be second rated players sa bansang nilakihan nila but they played for our country, second lang ang pagiging mestiza, which, I think its not whats on their mind. Di naman lahat ng Fil-foreigner qualified at may mga na disqualified din na maglaro sa Azkals. Again, hindi sila at tayo tanga!

I look forward to the day when foreign clubs actually recruit players from the Philippines.

One of the top players, if not the top, in the Dutch national team that was the runner-up in the recent World Cup is an Indonesian.

What everyone expect in France to be #1 goal-keeper in a few years is actually a pure Filipino by blood. Both parents are Filipinos, but the kid was born and raised in France. This is one player that Dan Palami would love to have his hands on but its unlikely that France will allow this guy to play for the Philippines.

In the meantime siguro, while football is still in the developing stage in the Philippines, let's get exposed to and learn international best practice in football by recruiting talents where football is already in highly advanced stage of development. It's like in economics: the fastest way to acquire technology is through transfer of technology by attracting organizations which already have the technology to locate in the country, or by buying the technology from abroad.

Edited by blow_gobi

funny and glad that you took that into perspective. and have you heard about this one?

MLB envoy optimistic of RP baseball talent

and there's a certain bobby chouinard who pitched for the oakland athletics in the 90's. and he is the only person born in the Philippines to play Major League Baseball.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/pics/bobby_chouinard_autograph.jpg

see! one of our own was making raves 2 decades ago. funny, we never took notice. oh! coz we're all preoccupied with basketball, billiards, boxing and some other stuff. you can throw in the boyband fad back then as well.

:rolleyes:

I look forward to the day when foreign clubs actually recruit players from the Philippines.

One of the top players, if not the top, in the Dutch national team that was the runner-up in the recent World Cup is an Indonesian.

What everyone expect in France to be #1 goal-keeper in a few years is actually a pure Filipino by blood. Both parents are Filipinos, but the kid was born and raised in France. This is one player that Dan Palami would love to have his hands on but its unlikely that France will allow this guy to play for the Philippines.

funny and glad that you took that into perspective. and have you heard about this one?

and there's a certain bobby chouinard who pitched for the oakland athletics in the 90's. and he is the only person born in the Philippines to play Major League Baseball.

see! one of our own was making raves 2 decades ago. funny, we never took notice. oh! coz we're all preoccupied with basketball, billiards, boxing and some other stuff. you can throw in the boyband fad back then as well.

lol amboring ng baseball mo..laos na nga yan sa U.S. eh hahaha

no disrespect sir, but i think there's a baseball thread here or if not, maybe you can make one.. though i also love this sport (i used to play when i was in high school), this is a football thread, AZKALS to be exact. please refrain in entering here and boasting about other sports. still, you are free to comment on this thread regarding the FOOTBALL NATIONAL TEAM. thanks.

see,, that might trigger an argument with football fans.

oh i forgot to mention, in order for you to understand the mechanics of baseball, you should have a certain kind of level of intelligence. obviously, you don't have that. alam mo lang kasi, tumira ng bola sa hoop at sumipa ng bola sa goal at tatakbo ng tatakbo sa makbilang dulo ng court/stadium. yun lang kaya ng utak mo kasi. kaawa-awa ka naman.

no disrespect as well. i was just trying to prove a point that there are other things beside football or basketball that we Filipinos need to harness our homegrown/overseas talents into. and that's the only purest sport out there. you call that baseball.

;)

no disrespect sir, but i think there's a baseball thread here or if not, maybe you can make one.. though i also love this sport (i used to play when i was in high school), this is a football thread, AZKALS to be exact. please refrain in entering here and boasting about other sports. still, you are free to comment on this thread regarding the FOOTBALL NATIONAL TEAM. thanks.

see,, that might trigger an argument with football fans.

oh i forgot to mention, in order for you to understand the mechanics of baseball, you should have a certain kind of level of intelligence. obviously, you don't have that. alam mo lang kasi, tumira ng bola sa hoop at sumipa ng bola sa goal at tatakbo ng tatakbo sa makbilang dulo ng court/stadium. yun lang kaya ng utak mo kasi. kaawa-awa ka naman.

lol alam ko ang mechanics ng game na yan..i just find it boring.You dont need to bash here this is the football thread not the baseball thread.Seriously baseball is a dying sport in the US.Its not that popular unlike in the 20th century.Ratings are plummeting in the US,i think football is their new national sport.Your so called baseball superstars are even using steroids.Why would i watch a sport that is boring and has a bunch of junkies who rely on drugs than talent?

Yes, this is Azkals thread, not baseball thread. OT. Mod, please take note.

Azkals will play Singapore (#127) in a friendly after the Lo Teng Cup, as Singapore's preparation for the 3rd round of the World Cup Asian Qualifying. Meanwhile, the Azkals are targeting to win the 4-nation Lo Teng Cup for the first time (they were 3rd last year).