Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Guest eljuego

Is there any developments or updates with regards to the Douthit Naturalization process?

Try backreading to post 1082 of this thread. There's an article about Douthit's naturalization process.

• Downvote 1

Thank you for the heads-up for the article about the "Douthit Naturalization" but it's not what I need when I objectively used the phrase "any developments or updates". My post was dated 10/30/10 and your reply to me is to backread the 10/14/10 which is obviously not a DEVELOPMENT nor an UPDATE.

Lets be civil with each other shall we, I'm an follower of SG and I already red this article. I only made that post in the hopes that there are SBP, Palace insiders that are MTC members who can answer my querry and not by the likes of you.

Well good news if our opponent in the 1st round knockout phase qualifier back-out. Kahit na optimistic akong mananalo, masyadong risky pa rin ang dumaan sa ganoong format. You can never discount the possibility of an upset ... Bilog ang bola.

Speaking from the heart, SBP president Manny Pangilinan conceded the possibility of the Smart-Gilas national basketball team failing to qualify for the 2012 London Olympics but said the other day it wont mean the end of the countrys hoop dreams. http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=626314&publicationSubCategoryId=69

Ito kaya un non believer ... si CHIEF BENEFACTOR :lol:

Edited by CELTS

Both Saudi and Kuwait backed out from the Asian Games Basketball, both were supposed to be our K.O. preliminary round opponens (1st is Saudi replaced by Kuwait). Because of these Asian Games organizers are considering revising the format of K.O. prelims to single round robin prelims for the unseeded teams (Philippines included). Top teams will go on to join the seeded teams.

It will be disadvantageous to SG since they will be playing more games thus having higher risks on injuries, fatigue and scouting. Last word is SBP will disagree with this reformatting proposal. Lets hope the reformatting will be scrapped.

Mr. Eljuego backreading at any case isn't updating, backreading is for historical facts only. End of discussion...

Guest eljuego

Mr. Eljuego backreading at any case isn't updating, backreading is for historical facts only. End of discussion...

Ok. That was the latest update I've read so I thought it could help. End of discussion.

• Downvote 1

In a tournament when players do get to play almost everyday and limited day offs in between, medyo dehado nga kung mas maraming games ang lalaruin.

But then again, kung sadyang mas malakas tayo sa mga unseeded teams, then winning shouldn't be a problem kahit cruise control mode. Pwede sigurong palaruin un mga bench warmers at i-limit minutes ng mga starters to conserve their energy and minimize the chances for suffering injuries.

In a tournament when players do get to play almost everyday and limited day offs in between, medyo dehado nga kung mas maraming games ang lalaruin.

But then again, kung sadyang mas malakas tayo sa mga unseeded teams, then winning shouldn't be a problem kahit cruise control mode. Pwede sigurong palaruin un mga bench warmers at i-limit minutes ng mga starters to conserve their energy and minimize the chances for suffering injuries.

Sayang nga si Yap ...

On the other hand, bakit tayo manghihinayang sa isang player na ayaw maglaro considering from DAY 1 understood naman sa SBP na the PBA won't have anything to do with the Asiad campaign. As it is, its already a BONUS na pinayagan ng PBA sila Asi at Williams na maglaro for Gilas.

Yap no doubt is better talent-wise than whoever would be drop from the line-up to accomodate his inclusion. Pero there is also the downside for the PBA players joining the team at this point which is un lack of cohesion since these PBA players would have limited time to jell and learn Toroman's system by heart.

Guest eljuego

Sayang nga si Yap ...

On the other hand, bakit tayo manghihinayang sa isang player na ayaw maglaro considering from DAY 1 understood naman sa SBP na the PBA won't have anything to do with the Asiad campaign. As it is, its already a BONUS na pinayagan ng PBA sila Asi at Williams na maglaro for Gilas.

Yap no doubt is better talent-wise than whoever would be drop from the line-up to accomodate his inclusion. Pero there is also the downside for the PBA players joining the team at this point which is un lack of cohesion since these PBA players would have limited time to jell and learn Toroman's system by heart.

Ganun ba? Bakit si Taulava at si Williams nandun? laugh.gif

• Downvote 6

Ganun ba? Bakit si Taulava at si Williams nandun? laugh.gif

Because Gilas requested for them ... kaya nga sinabi ko BONUS na un nakasama sila kasi from the start ang objective ng Gilas ay maging developmental team which would represent the Philippines in future basketball competitions sans the players from the PBA.

Guest eljuego

Because Gilas requested for them ... kaya nga sinabi ko BONUS na un nakasama sila kasi from the start ang objective ng Gilas ay maging developmental team which would represent the Philippines in future basketball competitions sans the players from the PBA.

Exactly. Which is why I said that James Yap is a loss for SG since he could have helped with his outside sniping.

• Downvote 6
Guest eljuego

This is what I commented on. You said you agree yet magsasabi ka ng "bakit tayo manghihinayang sa isang player na ayaw maglaro"

• Downvote 4

This is what I commented on. You said you agree yet magsasabi ka ng "bakit tayo manghihinayang sa isang player na ayaw maglaro"

There's always 2 sides to a coin ... why insist on looking only on one side?

Nakakapanghinayang si James Yap kung hindi isinama sa team samantalang gusto niyang maglaro for the country.

Pero, kung ayaw at alam natin from the start that PBA players would not be a part of this quest, ano dapat panghinayangan. Medyo weird diba if nanghihinayang tayo on something that we know we don't have from the start?

Ang nakakapanghinayang ay un hindi malalaro si Lutz coz na late un pagkuha ng Phil passport since talaga naman na inaasahan siyang makasama sa maglalaro. We just did not know what caused the delay.

Edited by CELTS
Guest eljuego

There's always 2 sides to a coin ... why insist on looking only on one side?

Nakakapanghinayang si James Yap kung hindi isinama sa team samantalang gusto niyang maglaro for the country.

Pero, kung ayaw at alam natin from the start that PBA players would not be a part of this quest, ano dapat panghinayangan. Medyo weird diba if nanghihinayang tayo on something that we know we don't have from the start?

It was James Yap's choice. Anong weird sa panghihinayang na wala si James Yap?

• Downvote 3
Guest eljuego

precisely, thus the reason why di dapat panghinayangan. Weird diba if nanghihinayang tayo on something that we know we don't have from the start.

Kaya nga nanghihinayang kasi hindi sya nakasali sa team. I still don't quite comprehend why nanghihinayang is weird just coz SG wasn't able to get James Yap from the start.

• Downvote 3