Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

just a plain basketball fan's point of view...since they allowed PBA players to suit up, i believe Cyrus Baguio should be included in that roster.

'Yung kasing klase ng laro ni Cyrus mahirap bantayan as he can shooot, penetrate and create at malaki sana ang maitutulong n'ya sa SG kaso nga lang 'di man lang s'ya nasama sa list ni Toroman who opted for Sol Mercado

'Yung kasing klase ng laro ni Cyrus mahirap bantayan as he can shooot, penetrate and create at malaki sana ang maitutulong n'ya sa SG kaso nga lang 'di man lang s'ya nasama sa list ni Toroman who opted for Sol Mercado

plus, cyrus can even play point @ 6'2"... malaking bagay din un kung malaki ang point guard ng kabilang team para sa match up..

Yup. thats right. at maganda naman ang training program natin eh. We have a very good coach in toroman. and a very supportive management in pangilinan. Ung last tournament natin is an indication of how far we can go. Remember Ang legitimate center lang dun is Taulava pero we give the middle easterners a very competetive fight. Pero kelangan pa din natin ng mga malalaking tao but not necessary 7footers khit 6'9 lang pwede na basta kayang mkipagbanggaan. Ang problema kasi ung mga sentro natin mga malalamya pa kaya hanggang ngaun si Taulava pa din ang number one center na pantapat natin sa asya. Malakas ung guard and swing line-up natin un nga lang sa forward at center mejo kulang pa. Pero kung mahahasa si slaughter ballesteros at aguilar (which is a major disappointment) malaking bagay na un. Pero kaya nating makuha ung Asian Games kasi hindi naman nagpapadala ang mga middle east sa non-fiba tournaments. Eh laos na ang china at korea mga arabo talaga ang dapat bantayan.

I agree to this observation...IMHO Skyrus is more versatile than Sol

Maybe, Coach Toroman has some other ideas...

sa aking opinion, Coach Rajo might have wanted a shooter than a scorer. Si Cyrus kasi although he can score he is more of a penetrating guard. It would be difficult for him to do that in Rajo's system wherein the philosophy is more on passing to be able to create the shot for the team rather than penetrating to draw the defense and create open shots.

Guest eljuego

With Douthit, Taulava, Slaughter and Aguilar, SG has 4 big guys who can bang in the inside although Aguilar is more of a finesse player, I think he'll have to mix it up in the inside with the big guys of China, Sokor and Iran.

• Downvote 1

With Douthit, Taulava, Slaughter and Aguilar, SG has 4 big guys who can bang in the inside although Aguilar is more of a finesse player, I think he'll have to mix it up in the inside with the big guys of China, Sokor and Iran.

Ok na ba naturalization papers ni Douthit? Will he be able to play this Nov. for RP?

Guest eljuego

Ok na ba naturalization papers ni Douthit? Will he be able to play this Nov. for RP?

Congress gave him a lopsided 212-9 vote for his naturalization. He, however, has to pass the Senate. But I think the Senate will approve of this unless there's a KJ among the senators.

• Downvote 1

I remember a friend who speaks highly of Greg Slaughter.

Without Marcus in their lineup during the last tourney the team participated, it would have been a perfect opportunity for him to show his wares. The guy don't get a lot of playing time if we have our naturalized player candidate playing. Unfortunately, he cited acedemics as an alibi for not being able to play for flag and country. Sayang!!! Am not too high on this guy as of yet. The guy dominated the college league in Cebu but he's head and shoulder above the rest there literally speaking.

With Asi being a welcome last minute addition to the Gilas team, it only shows that a 37 year old leg is still better than what some people do claim as our upcoming young centers (both Greg and Japeth) who would be able to hold thier own/compete against the big guys of other teams in the Asiad.

Not surprising at all ...these guys have sacrifice for a chance to represent the flag and country.

If we could empathized with Cawaling, masakit talaga basta-basta na lang ma dislodge sa line-up most specially by someone who may not have even practice with them for a single session but whose name was submitted for final consideration. Can we blame the kid???

Guest eljuego

Would Aguilar really be able to mix it up with the tough guys inside the paint??? So far, he had not shown signs of willingness.

We'll just have to wait and see but I believe he will. Coach Toroman will ask it from him since he's a big. With Douthit around plus Taulava and Slaughter, SG can now match any team in the Asiad sizewise.

We'll just have to wait and see but I believe he will. Coach Toroman will ask it from him since he's a big. With Douthit around plus Taulava and Slaughter, SG can now match any team in the Asiad sizewise.

i do hope it is as simple as matching up size with size, skill factor negated.

also, i do hope that japeth will deliver just so because Toroman ask from him

Sana nga ganun lang kasimple ang lahat ...