Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

ano na kaya manyayari sa Gilas after 2012?

ang alam ko magpapa draft(while others already drafted)na yung ibang players sa PBA so ano

na manyayari sa program nila??

yes i totally agree, i think soon there will be an influx of players for the team kasi nga may program.

just asking is coach toroman in contract up to 2012 only? if so then is the program up to 2012 only?

Ilang ba players na nasa roster nila ang nagpa-draft? Ang alam ko kasi me contract ang mga players na nasa roster nila, its either a 2 or 3 year contract, I was surprised na nagpa-draft si Rabeh, akala he would stay much longer with Gilas....

While Rabeh signed with Gilas, it seems that he did not prioritize the team as he saw limited action citing his prior commitments an excuse such as his academics. Nagpa-release din siya sa management to which his request was granted.

As far as the players in the Gilas team is concerned, players were offered contract of different tenors ranging from 1-3 years. The longest contract would be 3 years that will end after the FIBA-Olympics qualifier. I think Gilas has the option to extend the contract in case we qualify.

As far as the Program for Philippine basketball (not only men's basketball) is concerned, I think that it is the responsibility of the SBP and not Smart Gilas. Smart Gilas is only the benefactor. However, we all know that at present Mr. MVP heads both the SBP and Smart. Therefore assuming Smart eventually decides not to fund RP Men's Basketball, the SBP should just look for new sponsor(s)without sacrificing their long term program.

Edited by CELTS

yes i totally agree, i think soon there will be an influx of players for the team kasi nga may program.

just asking is coach toroman in contract up to 2012 only? if so then is the program up to 2012 only?

Padre mukhang sa ngayon walang influx of players na nangyayari. Seems like SBP/Gilas is only recruiting players that they intend to tap for the upcoming tournaments they will be joining in their quest to qualify for the 2012 Olympics.

Ang dapat sana kung may long term program ang SBP is to also train potential future national players like those currently playing in the UAAP, NCAA and other leagues kahit na they don't have a chance making the team now. Parang team B natin where they could scrimmage against the team A from time to time in order to develop their skills and boost their confidence. This team B will come in handy in case someone from Team A becomes unavailable for example due to injury since familiar na rin ang players sa system. Maybe the pinoy asst coaches can handle team B for now while Coach Toroman handles the Team A.

Padre mukhang sa ngayon walang influx of players na nangyayari. Seems like SBP/Gilas is only recruiting players that they intend to tap for the upcoming tournaments they will be joining in their quest to qualify for the 2012 Olympics.

Ang dapat sana kung may long term program ang SBP is to also train potential future national players like those currently playing in the UAAP, NCAA and other leagues kahit na they don't have a chance making the team now. Parang team B natin where they could scrimmage against the team A from time to time in order to develop their skills and boost their confidence. This team B will come in handy in case someone from Team A becomes unavailable for example due to injury since familiar na rin ang players sa system. Maybe the pinoy asst coaches can handle team B for now while Coach Toroman handles the Team A.

sir what i mean ng influx ng new players is yung mga nasa rp youth team na pwede nila ipagpatuloy idevelop sa national team since may program naman. at tama ka bossing na sana nga yung mga ibang college players ay magdevelop sila. kahit hindi superstar ng team basta team player at maaasahan ay pwede na.

sir what i mean ng influx ng new players is yung mga nasa rp youth team na pwede nila ipagpatuloy idevelop sa national team since may program naman. at tama ka bossing na sana nga yung mga ibang college players ay magdevelop sila. kahit hindi superstar ng team basta team player at maaasahan ay pwede na.

i got your point ... well we have youth team in place which is sponsored by Nokia. ang problem is pag nag 18 na ang mga ito ni hindi na napapasama sa Men's RP training pool. Ganun din ang youth team, they select players that will represent for upcoming tourneys but kulang sa development ng future potential players na dapat meron pag sinabing may program tayo in place talaga.

i got your point ... well we have youth team in place which is sponsored by Nokia. ang problem is pag nag 18 na ang mga ito ni hindi na napapasama sa Men's RP training pool. Ganun din ang youth team, they select players that will represent for upcoming tourneys but kulang sa development ng future potential players na dapat meron pag sinabing may program tayo in place talaga.

oo nga bossing. sana ituloy sila sa programa ng smart gilas. para may continuity ang basketball program natin.

A few things Smart-Gilas can learn from the recent US win at the FIBA Worlds:

- We don't necessarily need height to win

- Quickness, effort and steadfast commitment to defense can do the job just as easily

- It helps if the team has an established alpha dog/go-to guy on offense

- Or, if the above is not available, consistent outside shooting from multiple contributors

Dapat ang kalabanin ng Smart Gilas eto mga teams na ito Spain, croatia, germany, france para mahasa.

Good point but, baka imbes na mahasa sila eh magahasa pa ung confidence ng SG going to the Asian Games and the FIBA Asian Zone Qualifiers. Up to FIBA Asia pa lang naman yung target nila so concentrating on playing against the Asian powerhouses is a better approach since hindi pa naman FIBA worlds or Olympic Basketball Gold yung target ng SG. FIBA Europe is a whole different level than the FIBA Asia.

Magiging futile lang ang effort nila pag ginawa nila yun lalo na pag laging lopsided loses pa yung matatangap ng SG against these Europeans. SG are still toddlers who are still learning crawl.

Taking one step at a time is not a bad thing.

A few things Smart-Gilas can learn from the recent US win at the FIBA Worlds:

- We don't necessarily need height to win

- Quickness, effort and steadfast commitment to defense can do the job just as easily

- It helps if the team has an established alpha dog/go-to guy on offense

- Or, if the above is not available, consistent outside shooting from multiple contributors

[/quote

Nice point Sir Dencio...

This should be the basis in establishing a good RP Team for basketball...

Hopefully we can create one...

ok lang. kasama naman si asi at kelly williams sa line-up ng asian games basketball.

the team might include sol mercado in their line up... PBA and ROS ok'd mercado to reinforce smart gilas, though may problem pa sa accreditation ng Guangzhou Asian Games Organizing Comittee. Although Smart gilas' 12-man lineup were named..

http://teampilipinas.info/2010/09/smart-gilas-pilipinas-names-12-man.html

the team might include sol mercado in their line up... PBA and ROS ok'd mercado to reinforce smart gilas, though may problem pa sa accreditation ng Guangzhou Asian Games Organizing Comittee. Although Smart gilas' 12-man lineup were named..

It had been announced that Sol is the chosen one. Am just wondering why? He's another "small" guard addition. Don't you guys think we need someone bigger that can play the 2 or 3 and be able to help defend the wing?

last minute changes in smart gilas line up to make room for sol mercado..

http://teampilipinas.info/2010/09/last-minute-changes-likely-for-smart.html