Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

with SG's loss to iran, what are now its chances of a podium finish?

Theoretically it's still possible ...

Realistically it's tough.

Hindi pa rin matanggap ang katotohanan ano? Yang ganyang thinking (unfounded sense of superiority) is why we have not made up lost ground in Asian basketball. Let's face it - we have been overtaken by several countries in terms of international basketball. Siguro kung top 1000 players lamang pa rin tayo skills-wise. Unfortunately, 12 players lang ang basketball and in this regard, Iran has proven it is better.

I agree ... the fact that in their last game, Iran won even without 2 of its top players namely Haddadi and Bahrami.

A good win by Gilas over Qatar to keep them back on track. Nevertheless while Qatar is a no pushover the win is expected as we have consistently beat them in the past.

The next game against Japan would be critical and would determine how far this team have develop.

Edited by peithe
  • Like (+1) 5

The loss to Iran may turn out to be an eye opener for the team. Hopefully, SG makes the right adjustments to set up a probable rematch with the Iranians.

well if my memory serves me correctly,

the Jawo-led all-PBA team got walloped when they first tangled with China early during the elimination round

but in doing so, na-avoid nila meeting China again until finals na, wherein, the score was much closer and did not really tell the complete story of how close RP got to making gold

All I'm saying is, baka psy war lang ng SG sa Iran para sa positioning....sana! he he he

the Jawo-led all-PBA team got walloped when they first tangled with China early during the elimination round

but in doing so, na-avoid nila meeting China again until finals na, wherein, the score was much closer and did not really tell the complete story of how close RP got to making gold

All I'm saying is, baka psy war lang ng SG sa Iran para sa positioning....sana! he he he

Sir if you review the tournament format then, win or lose during their 1st meeting talagang sa finals na lang posibleng magharap ang RP and China.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Downvote 1

Guys don't make senseless debates with eljuego because it's only going nowhere and as i've said it is senseless with eljuego...Basketball is a team game not a man for man game, remember that. A man can make a difference but it's the team who delivers.

Good game by SG their 1st win again Qatar NT, maybe theis nerves are already calm and composed. The SG team is still young and raw and that get the better of them in their games with Kuwait and Iran, nervous and eager at the sametime. Let us wait for them to mature before we discredit the SG team and program.

I'll take your word. Thanks. ;)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote 2

Kailan ang laban sa mga Hapon?

nov 19 Japan

nov 21 India

nov 22 Taipei

A win against Japan is critical as it sets-up the possibility of ending up 2nd in their group win a win over Taipei and an expected victory against India. This will give them an easier assignment in the knockout quarters. Otherwise it's either China or S. Korea for them.

• Like (+1) 4
Guest eljuego

Good point. I was thinking along these lines. China routed RP by 60 points in the first meeting in the 1990 Beijing Asian Games and in the gold medal game, RP lost by only 14. SG may have held back during the game against Iran.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 5

Great thinking ... that's assuming you do really think that Gilas can beat the rest of the teams in the tournament for it to hold off until the finals.

Ang masama kasi, sa talo nila sa Iran, tapos say masilat sila ng either Japan or Taipei then either China or S. Korea agad ang makakaharap natin sa knock-out quarters. Medyo mabigat na kalaban so hindi tayo nakakasiguro ng panalo para makarating sa medal round. Wherein there's no chance to meet Iran again.

Un ganyan thinking is again one of our greatest alibi sa pagkatalo. Kesyo nag hold back lang para di mapagaralan ang laro. Well at the end of the day kahit na hindi naman pala nag held back matatalo rin kasi mas malakas ang kalaban.

• Like (+1) 3
Guest eljuego

I don't blame the doubters of SG for doubting SG. But I'll take your word for it. laugh.gifAlibi daw yung ganyan thinking. So alibi din pala yung ginawa ni Jawo nun. laugh.gif

Edited by eljuego
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 5
Guest eljuego

Guys don't make senseless debates with eljuego because it's only going nowhere and as i've said it is senseless with eljuego...

Is this the part when I'm supposed to say ouch? :lol: If you think my posts in this thread are senseless, then don't comment. Talagang may warning ka pa. Yet inspite of your allegations that my posts are senseless, there are posts made by someone with a lot of alternicks alluding to my posts.

Good luck to SG against Japan which edged Iran 57-56.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 3

Good point. I was thinking along these lines. China routed RP by 60 points in the first meeting in the 1990 Beijing Asian Games and in the gold medal game, RP lost by only 14. SG may have held back during the game against Iran.

I'm sorry...my comment was more of a joke than anything

SG was routed by a better, stronger, depleted Iranian National team

and you may disagree, but to me, that is fact

Is this the part when I'm supposed to say ouch? :lol: If you think my posts in this thread are senseless, then don't comment. Talagang may warning ka pa. Yet inspite of your allegations that my posts are senseless, there are posts made by someone with a lot of alternicks alluding to my posts.

Good luck to SG against Japan which edged Iran 57-56.

kala ko pa naman mas magaan na kalaban yun japan kesa iran....

good luck nga SG!!!!

Guest eljuego

Pag nakalaban natin ang mga Sokor, tatalunin na naman tayo ng kanilang last second shot.

Kailangan natin si Cabagnot! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup. That shot by Lee Sang Min was an arrow to the heart. Kailangan natin si Olsen hindi si Cabagnot. :lol:

• Downvote 5