Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

dami pa rin palang umaasa sa team na to..tsk.tsk..tsk..

oo nga....klang n kulang tayo s laki.... malalaki ngayon mga arab at mabibilis n rin... di tulad noon puro banban mga yan.,,, and ang excuse nila ay injury why not form another team to complement yong original line up.... mahirap s atin dami natin tournament this summer at lahat ng collegiate team ayaw magrelease ng players to play for the country....

Dapat talaga gumising na Pinoy na hindi basketball ang laro na nararapat sa atin. Basketball is physical, mapapayat tayo compared sa iba. Volleyball pa siguro, uubra tayo. Hindi physical, mabibilis kailangan. Weird talaga kasi ang mga gusto ng Pinoy, ang bawal yun ang gusto, ang hindi dapat yun ang pinagpipilitan.

Isa lang ang ibig sabihin kaya panay pa rin ang recruit nila ng players. The coaching staff still think that the current line up is not enough to compete in the coming Asian Games. Bottomline is, aminado pa rin sila na hindi pa pwede at wala pa rin silang tiwala sa current line up nila...

updates regarding the smart gilas...

1. PBA coaches' (previous National team coaches) assessments regarding the National team's performance on FIBA cup:

http://teampilipinas.info/2010/05/smart-gilas-draws-praises-flaks-from.html

2. Smart Gilas are currently (still) looking for a naturalized player, including a former LA Lakers 2nd round pick, former Gilas player, etc..:

http://teampilipinas.info/2010/06/another-us-player-tries-out-for-smart.html

http://teampilipinas.info/2010/06/cj-giles-keeps-options-open-on-rp-team.html

di naging maganda campaign ng Gilas so it means na di effective ang ginawa ni Toroman pati ang pag acquired ng mga Fil-Am...cguro its time to na pumili ulit sa PBA players then mag naturalize na lang sila ng 1 or 2 players na "MAKAKATULONG" sa kampanya nila

imho

i laud smart gilas for their efforts, hopefully they become better, stronger, faster and more disciplined. success will come.

you forgot to include getting taller.... like steve nash mentioned in their series against LA.... they won't be getting taller as the finals progresses.... SMART GILAS can be stonger, better, faster and more disciplined, but so will our opponent.... like guiao and the other former coaches for past national team said, we should send the best players to compete....

I share Coach Jong's opinion, to wit:

“It’s a given thing, we’re small, and there are a big talent pool as far as guards is concerned, but we couldn’t find a dominant big man. Of course, their import is effective, but not dominant. They need a dominant big man who can match up against formidable imports," said Uichico. “But finding a good import is not the case here. It’s finding a good import who wants to be naturalized."

Coach Yeng's sentiment is a matter-of-factly: (but is not needed at this point in time, Coach Toroman needed all the support

in any form at this point in time)

“If the FIBA Asia Champions Cup will be used as a gauge, I think they’ve yet to progress to time. There’s a time frame in everything and in their program, they should have improved more now. But it seems they failed to utilize the resources given to them and they should be more worried now," said Guiao.

OT:

What I think Yeng Guiao should worry about is that he is now an elected official of a province with a wife of suspected gambling lord as a boss and a former president of the republic as a congressman. At meron pa siyang team sa PBA na nangungulelat.

Tama na muna hangin nya. Smart Gilas has Toroman, Eala, Lim, and MVP to handle its problems.

Mas madami pa syang dapat unahin kesa mag-sour grape sya at ni-reject ang gusto nyang mag-handle ng national program.

if this is the first acid test of the Smart Gilas team

sadly....lusaw ang nangyari

so whats' the excuse this time? nde pa masyado gel ang team kasi sa mga new players...

eh bakit kuha ng kuha ng bago?

I say, settle the team composition as early as now (except for the naturalized import) but, that needs to happen before the Asian Games rolls over, whether or not makakapag-laro un sa Asian games, kailangan ma-settle na nila ito, otherwise, pareho lang ang mangyayari nyan kung tunay na.

Kung matalo, manalo, yan na ang team. No more additions (pwera na lang kung ma-injure or ma-disqualify).

Maganda na sana dati yung ginawa nila, collegiate players at import (Giles), kaso noong mawala si Giles nag-iba na ang system ni Toroman in getting players, 'yung mga nasa line-up na who passed upon their chance of being drafted sa PBA maaring mawalan ng pwesto dahil sa pagkuha ng Fil-Ams na 'di naman makaporma, tignan n'yo kung sino lagi ang leading scorer its either Barroca o Baracael. Tapos dati ayaw kuno ng PBA players pero ngayon iba na sinasabi nila....

dami pa rin palang umaasa sa team na to..tsk.tsk..tsk..

Ok lang naman 'yun dahil they are supported by mvp kaso to give Filipino basketball fanatics a false hope ibang usapin na 'yun

you forgot to include getting taller.... like steve nash mentioned in their series against LA.... they won't be getting taller as the finals progresses.... SMART GILAS can be stonger, better, faster and more disciplined, but so will our opponent.... like guiao and the other former coaches for past national team said, we should send the best players to compete....

Sabi nga sa nabasa ko, they are competetitive sa guard, shooting guard at shooting forward pero pagdating sa power forward at center slot doon sila dehado, which is true naman..

Toroman hot on Douthit as Gilas import, but report has it that he had been involved in a shady deal in the past:

Lakers' pick charged with insurance scam

July 29, 2004

The Sports Network

Providence, RI (Sports Network) - Los Angeles Lakers second-round draft pick Marcus Douthit was charged Thursday for his part in a major insurance scam.

Douthit, who played collegiately at Providence College and was selected by the Lakers in the most recent NBA Draft, allegedly participated in a phony car accident and pocketed $6, 500 from the false claim.

According to Michael Healey, a spokesman for the state attorney general's office, Douthit and six others were charged in the 125-count indictment.

Douthit has been charged with one count of conspiracy to commit embezzlement and one count of embezzlement more than $100 and could face a maximum of 30 years in prison on the charges. Healey is encouraging Douthit to turn himself into authorities.

Douthit, 24, was reportedly on his way to signing a guaranteed contract with the Lakers after impressing the team in summer league action. He averaged eight points and six boards per game for Providence last season.

Providence College officials have declined comment at this time.

personally, i think they should just forget about this whole thing and admit we can no longer be world-class in basketball. Smart is just wasting its money....they should just get their money back, and lower their call rates instead; or channel the money to lesser known sports with more potential like archery, taekwondo, etc.

personally, i think they should just forget about this whole thing and admit we can no longer be world-class in basketball. Smart is just wasting its money....they should just get their money back, and lower their call rates instead; or channel the money to lesser known sports with more potential like archery, taekwondo, etc.

I agree because of our height disadvantage talo na talaga tayo...they should support boxing or soccer

You are right Mango Man. I once commented sa isang newspaper forum na sayang ang pera sa Gilas, pinagmumura pa ako at puro bobo inabot kong sagot. Walang maisagot na diretso. For me lang naman, dapat volleyball ang bigyang pansin ni MVP. There is height but no physical contact. Ok sana soccer but it requires big playing fields na medyo mahihirapan tayo dun. Volleyball, like basketball, puwede sa kalye, mga kanto, maski eskinita. Exciting din naman and recognized worldwide. Tama ka, channel the money to other sports na may potential tayo. I just cant stomach our Gilas team being beaten by "club" teams of other Asian nations. Far cry from the days of MICAA and the days of young Jawo, Bernardo, Mariano, etc.

suggestion ko nga dati si Batista na lang eh! Lehitimong merong Filipino lineage pa!

ang kaso nga lang mahina ang stamina ni Batista, baka isang ikot lang sa court nun mag hingal kabayo na... as compared sa wrestling ring kung saan maliit lang ikutin eh habol hininga na si Batista, ano pa kaya kung basketball court na yung iniikot nya

hehehe

PBA coaches' insights about loaning of players to Smart Gilas:

"There's no problem with us loaning players to Gilas for the Asian Games. We're willing to sacrifice for the country, but we want the cooperation of the PBA as well."

-- Coach Chot Reyes

"I have my reservations as I want to help them out. But it's not a simple yes or no answer. It's a very complicated matter. My decision may not be right for the management. I believe that it's really a management decision when it comes to loaning of players."

"While I have a soft spot in terms of helping the national team, I should be protective, too, of my player, whoever will be loaned to the RP team There are many questions to be raised such as how long will he play for the team? Who will take care of his salary? What happens if he gets injured? These things should all be considered."

-- Coach Tim Cone

"If they (management) ask me to loan a player, what can I do? I mean, I'm just a coach who handles a team while management is the one running the team. Of course, there’s no question that I really want to help, but it's really up to the management."

-- Coach Jong Uichico

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/193533/chot-oks-williams-reyes-for-gilas-5

ang kaso nga lang mahina ang stamina ni Batista, baka isang ikot lang sa court nun mag hingal kabayo na... as compared sa wrestling ring kung saan maliit lang ikutin eh habol hininga na si Batista, ano pa kaya kung basketball court na yung iniikot nya

hehehe

at baka lagi siyang ma-offensive foul pag nag spine buster, at thrown out pag napikon at nag batista bomb.