Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Guest megalodon

If I'm the DOG then ur the DOG s@%t (harharharhar)...-desperate attempt at being funny.

Here goes your shallowness in analytics or mere stupidity. So are you categorically stating that Hamed is the better player than Yi just because Haddadi's team "dominate" Yi in the 2009? Was he able to do that consistently specially they both play in the same league... the NBA. As far as Haddadi being able to dominate YAO. Well that is a possibility but how realistic is that? When will that happen? When YAO is injured or way past his prime? At this point, YAO is still the best Chinese cager.-Sinabi ko bang better player si Hamed kay Yi? In that game, Hamed dominated Yi. Manood ka bago magcomment. Bobo! :lol:

So what if many thinks that Iran could not become an Asian power and become one? Does that translate to Aguilar and Slaughter becoming dominant Asian force too? Haddadi is 25 and Aguilar is 23 so both are of the same basketball generation. Look where HADDADI is now in terms of his career and look where Aguilar is. Tell me, ang improvement ba sa basketball overnight? Does development (major) happen when you're in your 20's or earlier on? Haddadi has a vast international exposure when he was younger as he represented and won championships at the Asian level when he was 20 y.o and below. Can Aguilar boast of such exposure? Don't tell me that he played NCAA basketball coz am not sure how relevant that would be to his career. The fact of the matter is, the guy could not even dominate the UAAP.-Look aso, I don't know if Haddadi would have made it to the NBA without Coach Toroman. I believe na mas magaling talaga kung sa talent lang si Japeth at si Slaughter compared to Haddadi. Bobo! He played only a year in the UAAP. Sigurado ka bang he would not have dominated?

If this is just a numbers game, YES I would AGREE with you that Aguilar and Slaughter could one day hold their own against YAO and YI. That is because probability-wise it is possible even if the chance is very slim to almost none. But hey, this is not about statistics so BE REAL. As a fellow Filipino, who would not want that to happen. But it probably won't.-Again, contradicting my opinions coz you simply wanna get back at me. But you obviously can't. I'm way too good for you kaya nga idol mo ko eh. :lol:

Now I've presented my Basis ... if you have a dissenting opinion then probably its about time to lay your basis based on the individual qualifications of the 2 gentlemen. What you just did is PURELY SPECULATION. That's why its WISHFUL THINKING!!!-For you it is. Are you also sure beyond reasonable doubt that Slaughter and Japeth wouldn't be able to hold their own against Yi and Yao? Syempre, gusto mong makabawi sa akin kasi parati kang pahiya. :lol:

But, as always I know you can't control your emotions and can't match intellectual arguments so bring on your personal attacks and namecallings. You're Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo predictable!!-Haha! It's obvious that you're referring to yourself. Read my posts first before commenting coz you're just mortifying yourself. :lol:

If I'm the DOG then ur the DOG s@%t (harharharhar)...-desperate attempt at being funny.

Here goes your shallowness in analytics or mere stupidity. So are you categorically stating that Hamed is the better player than Yi just because Haddadi's team "dominate" Yi in the 2009? Was he able to do that consistently specially they both play in the same league... the NBA. As far as Haddadi being able to dominate YAO. Well that is a possibility but how realistic is that? When will that happen? When YAO is injured or way past his prime? At this point, YAO is still the best Chinese cager.-Sinabi ko bang better player si Hamed kay Yi? In that game, Hamed dominated Yi. Manood ka bago magcomment. Bobo! :lol:

Napanood ko nga...and if I would have agreed to you that indeed Hamed dominated Yi that particular game, so what is your conclusion if you're not saying that Hamed is better than Yi? Ikaw ang nagsabing "Haddadi simply dominated Yi and it's not far-fetched that he could do the same to Yao". What's the point ur driving at??? Mahirap bang sagutin ang tanong ko samantalang ikaw ang nagbigay nga statement na ito?

So what if many thinks that Iran could not become an Asian power and become one? Does that translate to Aguilar and Slaughter becoming dominant Asian force too? Haddadi is 25 and Aguilar is 23 so both are of the same basketball generation. Look where HADDADI is now in terms of his career and look where Aguilar is. Tell me, ang improvement ba sa basketball overnight? Does development (major) happen when you're in your 20's or earlier on? Haddadi has a vast international exposure when he was younger as he represented and won championships at the Asian level when he was 20 y.o and below. Can Aguilar boast of such exposure? Don't tell me that he played NCAA basketball coz am not sure how relevant that would be to his career. The fact of the matter is, the guy could not even dominate the UAAP.-Look aso, I don't know if Haddadi would have made it to the NBA without Coach Toroman. I believe na mas magaling talaga kung sa talent lang si Japeth at si Slaughter compared to Haddadi. Bobo! He played only a year in the UAAP. Sigurado ka bang he would not have dominated?

Well if you don't know if Hemed can make it to the NBA without TOROMAN that is beside the point. Not unless ur abstract logic tells you that since Hamed played under Toroman then Japeth or probably one of the players in Gilas playing for Toroman will become the 1st NBA player from the RP. Now you have PROBLEMS WITH ENGLISH and your FACTS. I said Japeth could not even dominate the UAAP. Having played as you said "ONE YEAR" in the UAAP, did you see him dominating the UAAP when he played? Well I believed I've check my FACTS and clearly he DIDN't DOMINATE. And BTW, Japeth played not ONE but TWO YEARS for the Ateneo in the UAAP. Check your FACTS ... toink! Ikaw tuloy lumalabas na BOBO. ahihihihi.

If this is just a numbers game, YES I would AGREE with you that Aguilar and Slaughter could one day hold their own against YAO and YI. That is because probability-wise it is possible even if the chance is very slim to almost none. But hey, this is not about statistics so BE REAL. As a fellow Filipino, who would not want that to happen. But it probably won't.-Again, contradicting my opinions coz you simply wanna get back at me. But you obviously can't. I'm way too good for you kaya nga idol mo ko eh. :lol:

On the contrary, SABLAY ka nga lagi. Kahit saang thread laging may sumasalungat sa iyo. Can you said the same to me?

Now I've presented my Basis ... if you have a dissenting opinion then probably its about time to lay your basis based on the individual qualifications of the 2 gentlemen. What you just did is PURELY SPECULATION. That's why its WISHFUL THINKING!!!-For you it is. Are you also sure beyond reasonable doubt that Slaughter and Japeth wouldn't be able to hold their own against Yi and Yao? Syempre, gusto mong makabawi sa akin kasi parati kang pahiya. :lol:

Yes am sure without reasonable doubt that both players would not be able to hold their own against Yi and Yao. I am not speculating since I based it on thier development record. Aguilar for example if he's good and has the potential to become what you think he would be would have at least dominated the local scene upon his return from the US. Was he able to dominate the local basketball scene todate? Haddadi was able to dominate Yi at least for that single game in 2009. But hey, the guy was signed by Memphis prior to that event making him also a legitimate NBA player. That alone ang layo ng qualifications nila for you to speculate that Japeth and Slaughter will be able to hold their own vs China's bigs.

But, as always I know you can't control your emotions and can't match intellectual arguments so bring on your personal attacks and namecallings. You're Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo predictable!!-Haha! It's obvious that you're referring to yourself. Read my posts first before commenting coz you're just mortifying yourself. :lol:

SOURGRAPING ... DEFENSIVE KA NA NAMAN.

Guest megalodon

SOURGRAPING ... DEFENSIVE KA NA NAMAN.

Just as I thought. Autistic. You even have your own warped definition of sourgraping. Haha! Aso, magcheckin ka na sa mental. Mukang lumalala na yung condition mo. :lol:

Just as I thought. Autistic. You even have your own warped definition of sourgraping. Haha! Aso, magcheckin ka na sa mental. Mukang lumalala na yung condition mo. :lol:

Ahihihihihi ...

Personal attacks na naman? OKS lang what else is new? BOLJACK ka na naman kasi sa akin HONEY BUNCH. Tameme ka na naman sa FACTS mo ano po? 1 year lang daw naglaro si japeth sa UAAP. Tangek talaga!!!

Tapos ano? Hindi mo ma-substantiate kung bakit mo nasabing that Aguilar and Slaughter could one day hold their own against YAO and YI.

Lumalabas lang na ikaw ang may problema sa pagiisip di ako. Bwahahahahahaha

Guest megalodon

Ahihihihihi ...

Personal attacks na naman? OKS lang what else is new? BOLJACK ka na naman kasi sa akin HONEY BUNCH. Tameme ka na naman sa FACTS mo ano po? 1 year lang daw naglaro si japeth sa UAAP. Tangek talaga!!!

Tapos ano? Hindi mo ma-substantiate kung bakit mo nasabing that Aguilar and Slaughter could one day hold their own against YAO and YI.

Lumalabas lang na ikaw ang may problema sa pagiisip di ako. Bwahahahahahaha

Haha! I already explained yet hindi mo talaga makuha yung sinabi ko. Well, it ain't my problem doggy. :lol:

• Downvote 1

Haha! I already explained yet hindi mo talaga makuha yung sinabi ko. Well, it ain't my problem doggy. :lol:

Ahihihihi ...

you explained? Sorry ha di ko talaga makita kung saan mo inexplain kung paano sa FACTS mo eh 1 year lang kamo naglaro si Japeth sa UAAP.

nagtatago ka na naman sa bangungot ng katotohanan.

• Downvote 1

Easy lang mga repa. We are here to discuss our views about this topic. Let's not turn this into something personal. Let's just respect each other's opinions.

I know ... problem is there are individuals who can't accept dissenting comments on their post. That is prevalent to whatever thread he goes. Worst, instead of arguing with facts he resorts into name calling. So pag sumangayon ka sa kanya, he'll sing praises but otherwise ... you guys see what happened.

On topic:

As my stand have always been, Gilas is the team that should represent the RP in future international competions. The PBA may have the more established players but obviously in terms of priorities, competing in international tournaments is not on top of thier list. At the end of the day, the objective of the PBA is still to maximize the exposure of its teams.

With the players Gilas have, are they competitive or can they finally bring home the bacon? With proper training and exposure yes they can compete. These players maybe "unknown" but in a few years time will most if not all will become hot PBA commodity. As to how much these group of kids can achieve in international tourneys, only time will tell ... that's DESTINY!

On Aguilar v Williams, one-to-one on the SF, the short answer is, yes.

The long answer is, you are right, it is a team game and team defense is the key. It really does depend on how fast one can get up and down the court and defend.

However, I am banking on Aguilar's relative youth, athleticism and height v other Asian SF. Na kaya nyang i-dominate ang spot na iyon with relative ease. Again, it will be very hard for anyone to match up (in the Asian level) some who's 6'9", na merong consistent mid-range shot, na alam mo na kapag dinikitan mo ng husto kaya kang pakainin ng alikabok and then finishing it with a slam.

But then again, what do I know :)

Isa lamang akong arm-chair analyst.

On Aguilar v Williams, one-to-one on the SF, the short answer is, yes.

The long answer is, you are right, it is a team game and team defense is the key. It really does depend on how fast one can get up and down the court and defend.

However, I am banking on Aguilar's relative youth, athleticism and height v other Asian SF. Na kaya nyang i-dominate ang spot na iyon with relative ease. Again, it will be very hard for anyone to match up (in the Asian level) some who's 6'9", na merong consistent mid-range shot, na alam mo na kapag dinikitan mo ng husto kaya kang pakainin ng alikabok and then finishing it with a slam.

But then again, what do I know :)

Isa lamang akong arm-chair analyst.

point well taken ... yes japeth has youth and height but have some concerns as to athleticism. Comparing him to most BIG men, yes he is probably more athletic/agile. But comparing his current athleticism to other SF in the region...I have doubts. Yes with his height he can dominate the smaller SF indside mano y mano. However, he could also be at a disadvantage speed-wise as the smaller SF could be more agile and faster. Think of Sun Yue a 6'9 G/F from China, Fadi El Khatib of Lebanon who is 6'6" only. But ofcourse this is comparing Japeth to the present crops of SF. Moving forward, its hard to speculate as players come and go and we would not know who will be the SF of our Asian neighbor in the future.

Nevertheless, if Japeth can be converted into a pure SF, I guess he would have first to further improve his 15-18 ft shooting.

japeth matching up with the present asian SF well he dosen't have the range before and i doubt it if he could acquire it now... even during his stint with both ateneo and kentucky he was well acquainted with the bench rather that the playing court..... he is notice because of his height over fellow filipino players but once pitted against foreign players he'll definitely have problems.... thats why MVP is still scouting the US and CANADA for FIL-FOREIGN PLAYERS.. AND I'm sure once those fil-foreign players comes in japeth and the other big men of smart gilas will be very much acquainted with the bench.... MVP's target is to get 2-3 big fil foreigner AND AN import to beef up its present lineup and they are also eyeing kelly williams as another addition to the team... what will happen to the present lineup? thats the million dollar question...

japeth matching up with the present asian SF well he dosen't have the range before and i doubt it if he could acquire it now... even during his stint with both ateneo and kentucky he was well acquainted with the bench rather that the playing court..... he is notice because of his height over fellow filipino players but once pitted against foreign players he'll definitely have problems.... thats why MVP is still scouting the US and CANADA for FIL-FOREIGN PLAYERS.. AND I'm sure once those fil-foreign players comes in japeth and the other big men of smart gilas will be very much acquainted with the bench.... MVP's target is to get 2-3 big fil foreigner AND AN import to beef up its present lineup and they are also eyeing kelly williams as another addition to the team... what will happen to the present lineup? thats the million dollar question...

Good to see your observations on Japeth. At least am not really indifferent in my opinion.

Good to see your observations on Japeth. At least am not really indifferent in my opinion.

Moreover, Japeth's court smarts has left much to be desired. I dunno presently if he has already acquired the needed court IQ's in their recent sojourn on various countries. It's something time will teach- the so-called experience and maturity. Think Kerby Raymundo, a young Dennis Espino, or a taller Philip Cezar in their respective heydays.

I heard nag-bogged down ang negotiation sa naturalized player. Naghahanap na naman sina Toroman at Frankie lim- Tsk Tsk Tsk!!!

Moreover, Japeth's court smarts has left much to be desired. I dunno presently if he has already acquired the needed court IQ's in their recent sojourn on various countries. It's something time will teach- the so-called experience and maturity. Think Kerby Raymundo, a young Dennis Espino, or a taller Philip Cezar in their respective heydays.

I heard nag-bogged down ang negotiation sa naturalized player. Naghahanap na naman sina Toroman at Frankie lim- Tsk Tsk Tsk!!!

tama, nabasa ko ibang name na naman ang prospect ngayon. baka cramming na naman ito. hopefully if talagang nagipit sa panahon sana hindi sila magoffer ng Long term contract sa "import" na candidate for naturalization kung hindi sila nakakasiguro.

Am not sure on this , but parang wala naman atang batas ang FIBA na nagbabawal ng pagpalit ng naturalized player. Ang meron is un limit ng naturalized player na pwedeng maglaro.

Oh no ... latest news has it that Gilas may just play all Filipino in the FIBA ASIA CHAMPIONS CUP and possibly the ASIAN GAMES since they are having a hard time finding a naturalized candidate. un latest na target nila mukhang di nagkasundo sa negotiations.

Ok lang all filipino sa Champions Cup pero sana sa Asian Games meron na. Malaking bentahe pa rin ang may naturalized player.

Bakit hindi na lang si freeman ang kunin nilang naturalized player

Freeman is better than most...but what is needed in the team, as been divulged by Coach Toroman, is a tall pure center who can crash the boards, swat shots near the baskets, intimate inside, and can match up with the Asian giants (who are now getting more skillful, plus their fearsome naturalized players with more than average court smarts)

Oh no ... latest news has it that Gilas may just play all Filipino in the FIBA ASIA CHAMPIONS CUP and possibly the ASIAN GAMES since they are having a hard time finding a naturalized candidate. un latest na target nila mukhang di nagkasundo sa negotiations.

Ok lang all filipino sa Champions Cup pero sana sa Asian Games meron na. Malaking bentahe pa rin ang may naturalized player.

They can make do with All-Filipino in the Fiba-Asia Champions Cup, but in Asian Games Toroman knows too well we need a naturalized player. Sana naman makakuha sila sayang lang ang magandang vision nila para sa RP basketball team. Their performance in the Asian Games will be the make-or-break, kasi halos lahat na ng formula ay nasubukan. I would like to think this formula (getting young excellent and dedicated players built around a solid and advance amateur system reinforced by a tall skillful naturalized player and trained for a considerable period of time to hone their coherence where they can breathe and live the visioned system of their competent coach) can work.

Read the news article below:

Gilas to play all-Filipino in FIBA-Asia

By Joey Villar (The Philippine Star) Updated April 23, 2010 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines - Without a talented foreign reinforcement in sight, Smart Gilas Pilipinas faces the specter of playing without a naturalized player in the FIBA-Asia Champions Cup next month and the Asian Games in Guangzhou, China this November.

RP’s Serbian coach Rajko Toroman said he is preparing the Nationals for the possibility of playing All-Filipino in both the 21st FIBA-Asia Champions Cup in Doha, Qatar and the Asiad without saying they’re giving up on their import hunt.

“We’ll play All-Filipino in Guangzhou if we don’t find an import in time,” said Toroman, who steered the Iranians to the 2007 FIBA-Asia Championship in Tokushima, Japan and the 2008 Beijing Olympics before accepting the RP coaching job.

Smart Gilas manager Frankie Lim, however, stressed he’s not giving up and is currently persuading some prospects in the Euro League to fill up the team’s need for an imposing big man.

“We’re not giving up, we’re doing all we can to find one,” said Lim.

If they couldn’t find an import before the Champions Cup slated May. 22-30, Toroman said they might tap a Serbian instead – 6’10” Milan Vucicevic.

Toroman also hopes Fil-Am Greg Slaughter will step up big for the team in these two big events.

“Since the FIBA-Asia Champions Cup last year when we finished fifth, Greg has improved tremendously. He’s now our first option at center position,” said Toroman.

“If we don’t find an import, we’ll be ready with Greg,” he added.

There were attempts at tapping several names but all of them opted to go for other teams. The latest was former UCLA standout seven-footer Michael Fey, who chose to go to China instead.

Freeman is better than most...but what is needed in the team, as been divulged by Coach Toroman, is a tall pure center who can crash the boards, swat shots near the baskets, intimate inside, and can match up with the Asian giants (who are now getting more skillful, plus their fearsome naturalized players with more than average court smarts)

How about Chris alexander the former ginebra import, diba 7 footer yun can block shots nicw work ethic too

bakit di kasi nila binigyan ng chance si adam parada. the mexican-american center(played in previous mexican national team) who had stint with red bull?

siya mismo ang nagalok ng service niya sa national team because he really wants to help the team (not just because of money, but because his wife is a filipina). why looking for players who haven't really been in the philippines, and doesn't want to stay long in the philippines?