Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Tim Cone, who will call the shots for the team, named LA Tenorio, Scottie Thompson, Stanley Pringle, Greg Slaughter, Japeth Aguilar, and Art dela Cruz to the 15-man pool. They will be joined by the San Miguel core of June Mar Fajardo, Marcio Lassiter, Christian Standhardinger, and Chris Ross.

Had this team gone to the FIBA-Worlds, I would guarantee a trip to the Olympics. Cmon, Kiefer Ravena over LA Tenorio? CJ Perez over Scottie Thompson? Let's face it, the players in the SMC group are way better than the players from the MVP group that is why SMB, Ginebra and Purefoods are perennial finals contenders.

"This is not always the truth, but generally, veterans are easier to coach in the short-term, they pick up things faster than the young guys," he explained. "Again, this is all about speed and efficiency, that we're trying to do."

Although I still think that Tab is better than Tim in the international game, I fully agree with Tim's reasoning.

Edited by will robie

This is cocky. Don't you think? What makes you think your suggestions trump the suggestions of others?

chief i honestly believe the solution to our basketball woes is choosing the right coach. it's up to him now who will comprise the team. it's not necessarily the best player in his position but the right player to adopt to the system...and sbp should act fast. we barely have more than 3 years before 2023. that is sufficient enough preparation. let's see what the basketball gods will do after the sea games.

i know this is ot but yesterday's alleged preview of season 82 basketball finals showed 2 different coaches. one classy coach with his gang of so-so young men playing within the system vs. a classless hot-headed coach with his talented squad (paras, rivero, gomez de liano). the system outplayed the star players. smothering defense and crisp ball movement were so evident, it was over when perasol was thrown out. akala ko players lang ang may fighting stance, pati din pala si perasol :D :D

chief i honestly believe the solution to our basketball woes is choosing the right coach. it's up to him now who will comprise the team. it's not necessarily the best player in his position but the right player to adopt to the system...and sbp should act fast. we barely have more than 3 years before 2023. that is sufficient enough preparation. let's see what the basketball gods will do after the sea games.

i know this is ot but yesterday's alleged preview of season 82 basketball finals showed 2 different coaches. one classy coach with his gang of so-so young men playing within the system vs. a classless hot-headed coach with his talented squad (paras, rivero, gomez de liano). the system outplayed the star players. smothering defense and crisp ball movement were so evident, it was over when perasol was thrown out. akala ko players lang ang may fighting stance, pati din pala si perasol

Yes, chief. Choosing the right coach is the only solution because after that, choosing the team and the system is the coach's problem. I did not even read the convoluted article. The only solution as far as we fans and supporters are concerned is tap Tab and everything will fall into place.

I was never sold on Perasol. I saw an excerpt of that Perasol meltdown. Nakakatawa.Tab is a cut above the rest. There is a gulf in terms of coaching between the rest of the UAAP coaches and Tab, except maybe Aldin Ayo of UST.

Edited by will robie

Yes, chief. Choosing the right coach is the only solution because after that, choosing the team and the system is the coach's problem. I did not even read the convoluted article. The only solution as far as we fans and supporters are concerned is tap Tab and everything will fall into place.

I was never sold on Perasol. I saw an excerpt of that Perasol meltdown. Nakakatawa.Tab is a cut above the rest. There is a gulf in terms of coaching between the rest of the UAAP coaches and Tab, except maybe Aldin Ayo of UST.

perasol was like a smoking bull ready to attack (with clenched fists) the matador. such a disgrace to the UP community.

yes choose tab to coach then let everything fall into play. unfortunately, sbp seems to be entertaining other ideas...napaka-simple lang tsk tsk tsk

perasol was like a smoking bull ready to attack (with clenched fists) the matador. such a disgrace to the UP community.

yes choose tab to coach then let everything fall into play. unfortunately, sbp seems to be entertaining other ideas...napaka-simple lang tsk tsk tsk

I like Tim. I mean the guy is a proven winner and coach of our PBA team but let's face it. Tab is a notch above Tim in international play.

I like Tim. I mean the guy is a proven winner and coach of our PBA team but let's face it. Tab is a notch above Tim in international play.

chief, coach tim for the sea games i think is even an overkill...even without coach tim, i know team pilipinas will still come up with the gold considering the quality of the competition. but outside of the sea games, there is only one name being mentioned in this thread which unfortunately SBP has not considered.......yet! mukhang natutulog pa ang mga bossing :D

chief, coach tim for the sea games i think is even an overkill...even without coach tim, i know team pilipinas will still come up with the gold considering the quality of the competition. but outside of the sea games, there is only one name being mentioned in this thread which unfortunately SBP has not considered.......yet! mukhang natutulog pa ang mga bossing

Actually, chief, I was thinking the same thing. The SEA Games line-up is overkill. I wish they sent that line-up to the FIBA-Worlds.

Actually, chief, I was thinking the same thing. The SEA Games line-up is overkill. I wish they sent that line-up to the FIBA-Worlds.

in fact, even if we field in an all collegiate line-up with kai soto, thirdy ravena, kobe paras, dave ildefonso, ricci rivero, i honestly believe we will still come out on top. probably sbp just wanted to make sure of the gold by fielding in an all pro squad with coach time at the helm. baka daw mabulilyaso chief :) :)

in fact, even if we field in an all collegiate line-up with kai soto, thirdy ravena, kobe paras, dave ildefonso, ricci rivero, i honestly believe we will still come out on top. probably sbp just wanted to make sure of the gold by fielding in an all pro squad with coach time at the helm. baka daw mabulilyaso chief

SBP should have just given the SEA Games to the amateurs. Baka naman gustong pahiyain ng SBP yung SEA teams kasi sobrang napahiya tayo sa FIBA-Worlds. :lol:

SBP should have just given the SEA Games to the amateurs. Baka naman gustong pahiyain ng SBP yung SEA teams kasi sobrang napahiya tayo sa FIBA-Worlds. :lol:

naniniguro lang siguro chief. i think sbp wants team pilipinas to annihilate the opposition...something which we can't do in the asian level (at least for now). damn!!! we all know the quality of play of our neighbors. again i'd say a team composed of collegiate players will accomplish the job for us.

SBP just want to send signal that Team Pilipinas is respecting every team in the world by sending our best team even on the regional level where we are king of basketball.. And its a good thing to start with from the failure we just had from the recent world cup..

SBP just want to send signal that Team Pilipinas is respecting every team in the world by sending our best team even on the regional level where we are king of basketball.. And its a good thing to start with from the failure we just had from the recent world cup..

We might pulled a win or two if the CTC new gilas team is the team sent last WC.. Why? Because this new team have veteran pointguards who will steady the team during the harsh waves of depensive barrier put up by the opposing team.. This batch of point guards can maneuver the team to stay discipline and focus on the mission to win.