Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Yes, chief. Huwag na nilang pakialaman yung PBA coach na may team. I hope you don't get offended when I say that Chot can coach your alma mater. After all, he is your co-alumnus.

hahahaha pwede ba si sandy arrespacochaga na lang chief? at least he is coach tab's assistant in ateneo :) chot? he can lead the ateneo blue babble battalion hahaha

hahahaha pwede ba si sandy arrespacochaga na lang chief? at least he is coach tab's assistant in ateneo chot? he can lead the ateneo blue babble battalion hahaha

Chief, ok lang basta sa Gilas si Tab. Toroman was doing fine, umepal siya. Tab was doing fine, umepal na naman siya. Ok lang sana pag gold tayo sa FIBA-Asia in 2017 pero talunan tayo. We didn't even get a medal. We got embarrassingly routed by South Korea to the tune of 118-86 because he could not find a solution to the repetitive pick and roll that the Koreans were doing.

Edited by will robie

Espana and Australia are in a thrilling contest that went to OT!

spain marches on to the finals...what a game! double overtime. will it be argentina or france against the spaniards?

chief sayang talaga. we lost 2 competent coaches (toroman and baldwin). can you just imagine what the state of philippine basketball is now had one of these men was able to continue what he started 4-5 years ago? the cohesiveness, chemistry, familiarity with international basketball i believe will not be wanting.

• Like (+1) 1

spain marches on to the finals...what a game! double overtime. will it be argentina or france against the spaniards?

chief sayang talaga. we lost 2 competent coaches (toroman and baldwin). can you just imagine what the state of philippine basketball is now had one of these men was able to continue what he started 4-5 years ago? the cohesiveness, chemistry, familiarity with international basketball i believe will not be wanting.

Chief, I can only imagine but I can't help but blame the "epal" coach who seemed to want all the glory, not once, but twice. First, he replaced Toroman then he replaced Tab.

I want a grudge match between France and Espana. It was the French who humiliated the Spaniards in their own country in 2014. I am rooting for Espana regardless of their opponent in the finals.

Edited by will robie

Don't cry for Argentina as they will go to the FIBA-World Finals. Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. They took out Serbia with 5 NBA players including the best center in the NBA. Next, they clobbered another team with 5 NBA players, including the best defender in the NBA in Rudy Gobert. The difference for Argentina is Luis Scola. The guy can drive and shoot three pointers. He made two late-game threes to break the backs of the French. Like I said before, Argentina is patient and plays with a high basketball IQ. Those two negate height. Scola went to town as he had Gobert on him. Gobert is an excellent interior presence and he was the main reason defensively in the late game why they beat the US. Against Argentina, Gobert could not stay inside to intimidate as he had to worry about the outside sniping of Scola. I commend, too, the coach of Argentina, Sergio Hernandez, who was the mastermind in the two wins against heaviy-favored teams. The weakness of Serbia and France is that their big men could not keep up with Scola if Scola operated from the outside. I am rooting for Espana but if the underdogs win, I wouldn't mind. They deserve it.

Overwhelming talent+flawless and patient execution+excellent defense=Total domination.

That was the formula that Espana used to rout a visibly over-matched Argentine side. The focal point of the Argentine offense, the old reliable, Luis Scola, was rendered ineffective in this game as he was shadowed by the physical Pierre Oriola. Scola ran rings around Gobert and Jokic but he couldn't quite get going against Oriola. Daboy, Rubio, Llull and Ribas all played excellent games as that back court rotation totally outplayed the Argentine back court. Gabriel Deck was the beacon of light for the Argentines as he almost single-handedly rallied the Argentines in the fourth quarter. The valiant comeback of the Argentines in the fourth quarter fell short as Marc Gasol hit eight straight free throws to seal the win for the favorites. Viva Espana!

Its classic offense vs defense team.. The dribble drive Argentines vs the spanish methodical euro play.. The big difference is the offense of the Argentines is off..their outside sniping is off causing breakdown on their dribble drive system which made scola unproductive offensively and making the spanish armada's inside defense unpenetrable.

Its classic offense vs defense team.. The dribble drive Argentines vs the spanish methodical euro play.. The big difference is the offense of the Argentines..their outside sniping is off causing breakdown on their dribble drive system which made scola unproductive offensively and making the spanish armada's inside defense unpenetrable.

Australia almost surpassed Caloy Loyzaga and company if only Patty Mills converted two free throws but he missed the back end of his free throws in regulation and this was why the game went to overtime. We dodged a bullet on that one. :lol:

As we speak, the Philippines is still the only Asian or Oceania team to have won a medal in the history of the FIBA-Worlds. That is still something to be proud of.

Edited by will robie
  • Like (+1) 1

Australia almost surpassed Caloy Loyzaga and company if only Patty Mills converted two free throws but he missed the back end of his free throws in regulation and this was why the game went to overtime. We dodged a bullet on that one. :lol:

As we speak, the Philippines is still the only Asian or Oceania team to have won a medal in the history of the FIBA-Worlds. That is still something to be proud of.

That was a discussion point by the commentators in the live feed... Indeed a proud moment for us

In 2023, I expect us to go to the second round of the FIBA-Worlds since we have the home-court advantage. Playing at home gives the players an extra push. China didn't even advance past the first round this year. Kai Sotto, AJ Edu, Isaac Go, Kobe Paras, Ricci Rivero and Thirdy Ravena will be ready when Gilas calls.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/sbp-planning-to-hire-a-european-coach-for-gilas-pilipinas-a795-20190917?ref=home_hybrid_2

anak ng #@*!? nagpapakahirap pa ang SBP... lumayo pa kayo nasa katipunan lang ang hinahanap niyong coach. hoy gising!!!

I absolutely agree.

Tab Baldwin has ALL the advantages to other European coaches (including those who were in the just concluded FIBA in China), he knows too well the Philippine basketball players - PBA, MPBL, PBA D-league, UAAP, NCAA.

And most importantly the ills and shortcomings of the present basketball program of Gilas.

• Like (+1) 1

I absolutely agree.

Tab Baldwin has ALL the advantages to other European coaches (including those who were in the just concluded FIBA in China), he knows too well the Philippine basketball players - PBA, MPBL, PBA D-league, UAAP, NCAA.

And most importantly the ills and shortcomings of the present basketball program of Gilas.

very well said chief. coach tab's greatest advantage over an aspiring european coach is his familiarity with the players and how they play. he knows who to choose to form the team. a european coach will still have to familiarize himself with the gilas players and how they play. and given that SBP itself admitted that we are running out of time in choosing a coach, certainly the clock is not on the side of SBP and gilas.

very well said chief. coach tab's greatest advantage over an aspiring european coach is his familiarity with the players and how they play. he knows who to choose to form the team. a european coach will still have to familiarize himself with the gilas players and how they play. and given that SBP itself admitted that we are running out of time in choosing a coach, certainly the clock is not on the side of SBP and gilas.

Again, I absolutely agree.

Tab is the MAN.